Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: An Explanation of Tiers, Leaderboards and the Energy System During Ursoth's Assault

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by epicrrr View Post
    You forgot to mention how much Zeus has spent, anyway that's up to his discretion.

The way AL is set up right now we are moving away and away from the core mechanics of this game, such as Arcane egg being exclusive to the games driving force if you will which is opening locks. Will this be a good thing? I guess we'll have to wait till that 30 pets are out circulating the market, how many will be merched and how many will be hatched.
    Zeus spent a ton of gold, but then he looted tons of eggs and tokens which he used to buy amulets and more eggs to sell in the auction, and then in the end he sold his reward pet egg for 30m. In the end I believe he profited a ton and ended up with considerably more gold than he spent. You would have to ask him for the specifics, but he lead me to believe he was about even prior to selling the reward egg.

As for the shift away from locked crates, yes it appears they are doing this. For over a year there were endless complaints that this game was "pay to win" due to the locked crates. So STS is now instead shifting the plat spending to these events, and now even more complaints. I think ultimately people just want STS to be a charity and only then will they be happy.

The suggestions I have seen thus far as alternatives to locked crates are things that would never earn nearly enough plat sales. People are not going to spend big money on this game unless it gives them considerable advantage. That is how it is, people are very frugal with their money and spend it wisely. If you don't give them large benefit, they won't spend and will just play the game for free.

You can count me as one of those people. I won't even open a locked crate as to me it is too much of a gamble. I will only spend my plat when it gives me something guaranteed that will give me big rewards, like a mythic pet or elixir. But if all the plat spenders spent as little plat as I do, STS would be out of business.

My opinion is that this event system is much better than the locked crates, and I love the shift they are trying to make. Think about it.... With the goblin event, they gave out 3 super rare eggs (end up being 5) for being top 3 on the leaderboard. As a result of this, dozens of players spent huge amounts of plat to try to be one of those 3. STS earned a ton of cash, and it didn't really have any negative effects on the rest of the player base as these 5 pets given out are so rare that you will most likely never encounter one during a PvP battle. So it's a win/win for everyone. STS earned their revenue, and everyone else gets a fun game they can play for free.

It's actually worse if STS releases a super OP pet and puts it in locked crates, because then they won't be so rare and you will get owned in PvP every time you run up against it, and if you are a non-plat player you would be at a big disadvantage not having that pet. Think about Samael in reference to that example. Now imagine if there were only 5 Samaels in existence instead. Would the game be better or worse?
    Last edited by Energizeric; 06-20-2014 at 06:47 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post: