Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: An Explanation of Tiers, Leaderboards and the Energy System During Ursoth's Assault

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I'm rethinking that this event won't be that bad. Seems we will get awesome stuff when we reach each tier and plats user and rich people well get the main price because they earned it and they paid a lot of money to deserve that significant pet (shaddy and surge). And also, they gave us a large amount of time to actually reach this tiers. So pls respect what the sts are doing for us and their plans for this awesome event. The only problem that I have is the energy kit system. That's the only main thing that everybody is worried about.

Edit item to time...i hate auto correct
    Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by lowratehitman; 06-20-2014 at 09:56 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leoakre View Post
    Omg! HAHAHA! Is that what you are fretting over?!
    I do not fret over it. What should I fret over?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

How about just removing energy from the game? Tbh it rlly sucks alot... We just wnna enjoy this event to fullest after months of boredom.....

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Iliketolol For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I played this game whenever I felt distressed or unhappy as the game had a tendency of making me happy. Running elites with guildies , chatting ..all this accounted for non stop fun. During last event when I felt like I want to play I logged in and found I had 0 energy and it would still take 8hrs for 1 energy ball. So I was left with two options, buy energy balls to run exciting and new maps or run other boring maps. I didnt choose the latter. I simply shut down the game and moved on to another game. Even though I hardly play any more but still I like to read the forums here.
    Firstly, The way STS has limited any time exclusive content play option(you login any time to play the exciting maps) will greatly reduce motivation because there are many players who knows leaderboard is out of scope but still wanna try for pink loots.
    Secondly, I clearly see STS didnt learn anything from last event's loot rewards. Last event I didnt like three players tying and getting the pet reward. I thought it to be cheating(but later found out otherwise that they were bffs irl) . Since sts has decided to go with lb rewards I sincerely hope that many many players tie in top 10 positions so that they would have to give more than potential 30 arcane pets. Sts haa turned into an adamant baby refusing to learn and probably this would be the way for them to learn how bad lb loot is.
    And its very likely that STS wont put shady and surge in locked crates as someone already pointed out how it will result in their sales decrease.

And as Serancha already pointed out that its quite disrespectful to the community(majority of whom are non plat users) when a dev just likes post where someone compliments STS for good work whereas in a post where people are demanding answers gets no answer at all.
    Anyways I still hope as more and more ideas are being evolved around the energy system, hopefully they would find a chord that would strike both with plat users and non plat users.
    Cause Anarchial causes only ANARCHY!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Anarchial For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Milan Lame Man View Post
    You think giving 50m to 30 random people would change anything? IMHO it would ruin the game for them. What are you gonna do with 50m? Buy Sammy, mythic bow, PvP all day and complain how there's nothing to do? Might as well quit the game.
    And for other players, it's not good either. So someone was just lucky? Are we playing a game or a lottery?

I doubt it will be necessary to run mission map 20/7 to get to 10th place. If there are enough people willing -and capable- to do that... oh well. I have been wrong before.

Arcane pets cost 20-40m. You can spend that money while getting to leaderboard, or to buy egg from CS. Your choice.
    I prefer both over a lottery, see above. ARCANE pets are NOT for everyone.

It's the same for everyone, and rewards are designed to take that into account.
    Would you want to run the event 12 hours a day, instead of 1 hour, if the final reward was the same? I prefer 1 hour.

I can't remember Tarlok all that well but 1 portal in 30 minutes sounds about right, maybe 1 in 15. But now you're guaranteed a good boss once you reach silver/gold tier, so if you skipped Goblin and Wolf during Tarlok, you get same fights with the new system.
    Yes, it may be necessary to farm a lot of essence fast, and craft energy during the day and locks over night :-(
    I wish it was possible to queue crafting tasks

Yes this is going to be a solo event, especially now that Sam dodged the question about pug/solo difference in rewards

Yes, the same idea occured to me with Nightshade. All this talk about limited game resources, and now they put in a pet that only 3 (or 5) people will ever have? That's a waste if I've ever seen one.
    So what I bold right? Richer >> Winner.

Just changed the content like only 3 top winner on classes get the egg, remove energy system.
    The game still very competitive to get the egg even no need to spending gold for energy elixirs or spending plat like happened in Goblin Event..

We just give feedback what needed to changes for many players in AL, because this event seems not to every players.
    What we need from event is Opportunity, right?, it takes time and effort to get the goal of the event by enjoying the event free..
    Free here means not spending gold for energy and plat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

about the arcane pets, i prefer those contests where it comes down to your effort and luck(participate daily), rather than who can pull the most allnighters and spend the most plat or gold

just throwing that out there ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by epicrrr View Post
    You forgot to mention how much Zeus has spent, anyway that's up to his discretion.

The way AL is set up right now we are moving away and away from the core mechanics of this game, such as Arcane egg being exclusive to the games driving force if you will which is opening locks. Will this be a good thing? I guess we'll have to wait till that 30 pets are out circulating the market, how many will be merched and how many will be hatched.
    Zeus spent a ton of gold, but then he looted tons of eggs and tokens which he used to buy amulets and more eggs to sell in the auction, and then in the end he sold his reward pet egg for 30m. In the end I believe he profited a ton and ended up with considerably more gold than he spent. You would have to ask him for the specifics, but he lead me to believe he was about even prior to selling the reward egg.

As for the shift away from locked crates, yes it appears they are doing this. For over a year there were endless complaints that this game was "pay to win" due to the locked crates. So STS is now instead shifting the plat spending to these events, and now even more complaints. I think ultimately people just want STS to be a charity and only then will they be happy.

The suggestions I have seen thus far as alternatives to locked crates are things that would never earn nearly enough plat sales. People are not going to spend big money on this game unless it gives them considerable advantage. That is how it is, people are very frugal with their money and spend it wisely. If you don't give them large benefit, they won't spend and will just play the game for free.

You can count me as one of those people. I won't even open a locked crate as to me it is too much of a gamble. I will only spend my plat when it gives me something guaranteed that will give me big rewards, like a mythic pet or elixir. But if all the plat spenders spent as little plat as I do, STS would be out of business.

My opinion is that this event system is much better than the locked crates, and I love the shift they are trying to make. Think about it.... With the goblin event, they gave out 3 super rare eggs (end up being 5) for being top 3 on the leaderboard. As a result of this, dozens of players spent huge amounts of plat to try to be one of those 3. STS earned a ton of cash, and it didn't really have any negative effects on the rest of the player base as these 5 pets given out are so rare that you will most likely never encounter one during a PvP battle. So it's a win/win for everyone. STS earned their revenue, and everyone else gets a fun game they can play for free.

It's actually worse if STS releases a super OP pet and puts it in locked crates, because then they won't be so rare and you will get owned in PvP every time you run up against it, and if you are a non-plat player you would be at a big disadvantage not having that pet. Think about Samael in reference to that example. Now imagine if there were only 5 Samaels in existence instead. Would the game be better or worse?
    Last edited by Energizeric; 06-20-2014 at 06:47 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leoakre View Post
    Omg! HAHAHA! Is that what you are fretting over?!
    Hohoho I had to check what STS wanted to do with us in his/her post! Still rofl!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Classychic For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

yaaaayy! at lasstt! they got banner now for the other player not just the top 25 but still got banner for top 50 but its fiinnee this is going to be Ffuunn but the Shady and Surge. I wish this pet can be loot in locks too goodluck guys!
    PERSEVERANCE and HARDWORK Propels SUCCESS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

well i really dislike about energy system.. i retired since goblin event, hopefully i can comeback play (school holiday now) but this event totally looks same
    ok we need "Delphina" back, we need tarlok event, was so fun yep very much fun.. yo Delphina Rock ^^v

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Can someone please explain how tiers work and how to get to each tier?? Wasnt here during the golblin event.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by glengon View Post
    Can someone please explain how tiers work and how to get to each tier?? Wasnt here during the golblin event.
    Each time you kill an event boss you get a certain number of event points. It works kind of like XP points. Once you reach a certain number of points, you achieve bronze level. Then eventually silver and then gold. When you are at a higher tier, you have a better chance at getting the better/harder bosses when you enter a portal, and the better bosses drop better loot and better chests.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

That reminds me, any word on whether we are going to be grouped by tiers in this new event, or will we have the same old problem of getting stuck with a bronze tier player even though we are gold tier, and getting a lousy boss?

Given the energy system and how we have to hunt for and craft energy, our guild members and friends are not always ready to go through a portal when we are. So it sucks to have to join PUGs and maybe they are a lower tier than you.

Has this issue been addressed for the Ursoth's Assault event?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chihiro View Post
    well i really dislike about energy system.. i retired since goblin event, hopefully i can comeback play (school holiday now) but this event totally looks same
    ok we need "Delphina" back, we need tarlok event, was so fun yep very much fun.. yo Delphina Rock ^^v
    The Tarlok event was nice! It had a few drawbacks but overall it was very enjoyable, and thankgod we didn't have to use this new energy system!

I do so miss Delphina. Always found it so darn cute when she had all her guildies and friends spam 'I Love You' in pms! Just adorable! Delphy was great at making so many feel special, even if it was just for the little things...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

sts please make energy kits purchasble via gold from store for 2k like same in season 1 u can gamble a chest for 1k gold.

buying kits with 10-15k is not profitable. needs luck to get good drops. also very frustrating when one gets useless drop from boss after using 15k to enter.
    I hope boss doesn't drop greens and epics.
    should drop only tokens and chest.

why tarlok is still good as it was free as well as u r sure to get 8tokens atleast for free as well as a chest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I think that a solution so everybody can be happy is if the price of the energy drops so then most of the players can play. I think this can be achieved if STS makes the amount of energy bought with plat is to be more.

For exemple instead of 5 energy for 25plat, make 10 for 20 or 15 for 30 so ppl that work and dont have all day to run for essences to craft and just wanna run with theyre friends can do that.

This way everybody wins. STS will make less money but will have alot of happyer players, and the leaderbords will be able to run the for the whole 3 weeks.

in my opinion this is a win win so both new players and old ones can play.
    Last edited by Memnoch The Devil; 06-21-2014 at 01:42 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

ohh dear remi pls put the arcane pet (shady&surge) into d locked crate.... if its only for lb players thn creat a much more op pet putit into locks... thn only v plat users will b happy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

My personal opinion (not plat spender opinion)

Pros:
    -Many ways to earn gold for everyone like do more toons and reach gold tier in every toon and than sell some eggs and chests
    -Chance to drop mythic weapons in chests also for not plat users
    -vanities and or other items to use or sell (showed in the picture)

Cons:
    - Gold tier pet like gyrm seems more mythic than legendary and their stats make old good pets value drop down because they aren't desired anymore
    - Too many things to craft energy + lockeds for only 5 craft slots that can't be expanded
    - Energy crafting and the fact no new items will be probably put in old lockeds ruins their value
    - event annoucement was too much time before the event--> hype disappears and market is stuck for many weeks because all stocked lockeds and less players buyed elite items waiting to see new event items (cause itemization should have been new good items every few weeks not every 3-4 months right?)
    - to have new good items and make gold there's the requirement to play 3 weeks many hours a day and many people plat users or not don't have so much time(because they study, work or go to holidays because it's summer) and it's boring to spend hours hunting essences and crafting and enjoy real event maps for 2-3 mins each x hours

I hope:
    - there will be more mobs and not always the same map as in gobling event to not make it so boring
    - system that will put random people in the same portal will choose people of the same tier (or tier doesn't affect wich boss appears)
    - energy consumed only when the event boss is killed to not loose energy if you got dc before.

Conclusion:
    There has always been more chance to get exclusive and strong items/pets for plat users, before with locked and now with leaderboard and it's fine for me, I prefere to farm and play hard for my target instead of just spending and reach it soon, this when I see I can reach the target so I'm happy there will be 30 pets instead of 3, more people will want to sell it I suppose. Prior impression about Ursoth event seems much better than goblin but I think a little more effort can be done by sts for future events.
    My advice is: to make energy craftable also when there aren't active events, announce the event 1 week max before the beginning and each day of that week reveal little information, make new pets with new abilities but not too much stronger than old pets of same rarity and add some more leaderboard pets as reward like maybe 60.
    Last edited by firechandra; 06-21-2014 at 03:14 AM.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to firechandra For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric:1692929
    Quote Originally Posted by glengon View Post
    Each time you kill an event boss you get a certain number of event points. It works kind of like XP points. Once you reach a certain number of points, you achieve bronze level. Then eventually silver and then gold. When you are at a higher tier, you have a better chance at getting the better/harder bosses when you enter a portal, and the better bosses drop better loot and better chests.
    Ahh thx. But how many points do we need for each tier? Is it hard to reach gold for a non-hardcore player?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Any pet also nightshade?

sorry for my english