Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What comes next? New Mythic Armor & Helm?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyblue View Post
    The real issue with adding items that are only obtained through quests is the potential to anger your paying clients. Look at S+S for example. You have to grind endlessly to stay in the top 10 of lb. This has caused a pretty substantial uproar in the community. A long, hard quest is more or less the same type of thing. That being said if it is free to complete it is a different ball game. I think if you make a really hard, long to complete quest(free to complete) AND add the item to locks then everyone should be happy. The pay players can loot theirs from locks and the free to play players can earn them through a limited time quest.

Also, as a side note we all know that hardcore players feel the need to complete and play all aspects of a game. Put a real hard quest in and a lot of players will do what it takes to complete it. I know I would, even though I'd much rather not have to lol.
    The items do not need to be added to locks if they are tradable. Please understand this:

1) If you open locked crates, it does not matter which items you loot, instead it matters how much the items you loot are worth.

2) If these new mythic helms and armors are NOT available in locked crates, you can still get them from opening locks anyway. How? Very simple..... Open your locks, sell the mythic/arcane items that you loot, and then buy the new mythic armor and helm from someone who is selling it.

Just as I said in my post above, there is no need for anyone to ever loot the exact items they need. Instead you are fine looting any items of value, selling those items, and then buying the items you want.

This will give some non-plat players who do have the time to grind a hard quest a chance to earn some money by earning these items and then selling them. Trust me, the plat players will be just fine and essentially the non-plat players will end up doing these quests for the plat players.

All this idea does is give some poorer players a chance to earn some money through hard work. It's a very simple idea. If you also add the items to locks, then you will simply water down the price to the point that doing the quest will no longer be worth the time.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 07-10-2014 at 11:36 AM.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Everyone has to ask themselves if it's worth their time. If it's not worth your time, then don't do it. Last I looked the price of a dovabear egg in the auction is down to under 300k. Might I suggest you instead farm somewhere that you enjoy, save up your gold, and just buy a dovabear egg.

The great thing about this game is that there is really no need to loot the items you want. We have this wonderful auction where anyone can buy anything they want. So just farm the areas of the game that you enjoy farming, sell what you loot, and then buy the items you need.
    This was great quote, and I have to agree with you on this one. Options are what is key, some players want to grind it out, some players just want the items so they can do other parts of the game that they enjoy. What I am hearing in this thread is that grinders want something to grind for but players with gold/plat want to be able to get it their way.

So, my solution is something I am surprised there is not there. The highest token item from the vendor is 500 tokens, and that takes about to gold. So, they should add a 5-10,000 (THOUSAND) token item (Gotta be REALLY GOOD!). Basically something that if you really want to grind it out, you can get it. And if plat players really want to, they can BUY 5000 tokens and just have it, or get it from the Auction from others that do.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FluffNStuff For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jinathedemo View Post
    Example for a questline if i understand you correctly:
    1. Find all of the elite 4 in 6 hours or less
    2. Collect all essences from Barrels arou... (NOOOO PLIZ JUST NOO)
    3. Kill rendtal wearing Common/rare gear
    4. Be totally fricking awesome
    5. Buy a "dragons flying fish magnet" for 300 dragon teeth
    6.craft your mythic helm using a vanity you buy from sir spendalot
    7. You are Done
    (I did not write this seriously, but i for real think that the "craft mythic helm from sir spendalots vanity" idea is good)
    Also, yeah i want new mythic...
    The part about vanities from Mrspendsalot is definitely a bad idea imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AL-Freelancer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xenobiotic View Post
    The part about vanities from Mrspendsalot is definitely a bad idea imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Why?
    I have not thought about influences in game market or anything, just hope u can explain to me XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Lightbulb Good content takes resouces...

The whole problem with this is if the best items are available as you always wish somehow without plat... then people won't buy and spend plat anymore. STS doesn't do this as a hobby... this isn't "open source" community project... though mega props to STS for including the community in the process. You have a real job... I don't understand what the hangup is about buying plat to support the game company. Some people don't have any choice and that's different but if you like something and have the power to support it why not do it?

The way I see it STS has been very very generous to the non plat buyer lately. I could list a number of changes that all have given more ability to free players to advance in the game. But when it comes right down to it creating game content takes programmers, artists, and infrastructure all which cost real money not virtual gold.

I don't know about you but I want more of these paid programmers and artists to make more new content more often so there's more cool new stuff to do and find and buy in the game! Since AL has been more a big hit game I'd like to see it go on for while instead of jumping from game to game all the time.
    my 2 cents.
    Last edited by notfaded1; 07-10-2014 at 02:27 PM.
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to notfaded1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

and what will happed to hard earned OLD mythics? maybe it will be batter that you can upgrade them instead of get new one

And upgrade with tokens or something?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jelertheone View Post
    and what will happed to hard earned OLD mythics? maybe it will be batter that you can upgrade them instead of get new one

And upgrade with tokens or something?
    ...or not?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by notfaded1 View Post
    The whole problem with this is if the best items are available as you always wish somehow without plat... then people won't buy and spend plat anymore. STS doesn't do this as a hobby... this isn't "open source" community project... though mega props to STS for including the community in the process. You have a real job... I don't understand what the hangup is about buying plat to support the game company. Some people don't have any choice and that's different but if you like something and have the power to support it why not do it?

The way I see it STS has been very very generous to the non plat buyer lately. I could list a number of changes that all have given more ability to free players to advance in the game. But when it comes right down to it creating game content takes programmers, artists, and infrastructure all which cost real money not virtual gold.

I don't know about you but I want more of these paid programmers and artists to make more new content more often so there's more cool new stuff to do and find and buy in the game! Since AL has been more a big hit game I'd like to see it go on for while instead of jumping from game to game all the time.
    my 2 cents.
    1) I'm suggesting that one single item be like this, not all of them. There are tons of nice items that come in locked crates that can be purchased with plat. I'm not suggesting those be taken away. But from the sound of your post, you act is if I suggested that all future good items should be this way. Sorry, but when every single good item can be bought, that is called "Pay to win" and is not the kind of game that is even mildly fun to play.

2) I do buy plat, but I cannot afford to spend thousands of dollars on plat. Perhaps they should auction off the top spot on the leaderboard and see how much money they can make doing that? I'm sure it would raise a ton of revenue to hire lots of programmers. I wonder how everyone would react to that. After all, they are a business, right?

Sorry, but I prefer a game that rewards skill, practice and hard work. Over the past year I have seen this game progress gradually towards pay to win. Now we have pretty much reached a point where I am very bored and most days not sure what to do with myself. I would like to pursue a path that will lead to one day having the best gear, and I am willing to work hard for it, but it seems a rather impossible feat aside from getting lucky and winning the locked crate lottery.

I haven't said this to anyone here yet, so here it goes.... I don't know how much longer I will be here. I stick around hoping for changes, but playing the game has become more like a job than fun lately. I struggle to keep up and stay on the leaderboard, but it seems that the leaderboard perhaps should rank players by amount of plat purchased than any other statistic, because really that is the measure of who is successful these days.

Most of my friends have left the game the past year, and one of them has been encouraging me to play another similar game but that does not sell plat and instead costs a flat fee. Originally I told him no, but recently I've been considering it. It would mean starting over completely with a new game, and I hate to waste all the time invested in AL, but it's beginning to look like all this time invested has been somewhat wasted. I think a new player could be where I am in a couple of weeks with enough plat.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 07-10-2014 at 03:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Sorry, but I prefer a game that rewards skill, practice and hard work. Over the past year I have seen this game progress gradually towards pay to win. Now we have pretty much reached a point where I am very bored and most days not sure what to do with myself. I would like to pursue a path that will lead to one day having the best gear, and I am willing to work hard for it, but it seems a rather impossible feat aside from getting lucky and winning the locked crate lottery.

I haven't said this to anyone here yet, so here it goes.... I don't know how much longer I will be here. I stick around hoping for changes, but playing the game has become more like a job than fun lately. I struggle to keep up and stay on the leaderboard, but it seems that the leaderboard perhaps should rank players by amount of plat purchased than any other statistic, because really that is the measure of who is successful these days.

Most of my friends have left the game the past year, and one of them has been encouraging me to play another similar game but that does not sell plat and instead costs a flat fee. Originally I told him no, but recently I've been considering it. It would mean starting over completely with a new game, and I hate to waste all the time invested in AL, but it's beginning to look like all this time invested has been somewhat wasted. I think a new player could be where I am in a couple of weeks with enough plat.
    This game is most definitely pay to win. Either you spend tons of money to be a top geared player or you accept mediocracy. Some people like you have reached a middle ground between these two, but it is very rare and almost impossible to maintain. Everyone I have spoken to that has good gear has found some good loot in crates. It is pretty much impossible for any free to play player to get the best gear in this game. Not only that, it seems that you need to spend thousands of rl money to get this gear. Spend $300.00 dollars and you won't be max geared. Seems a bit wrong to me. I can understand why you are considering leaving.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Dont need to be a genious to predict what will happen with these free items, no matter how hard or long, they never hold value for long time. Crawly/colton takes 50 day, look at the price in the cs, or the teeth vendor items.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,024 Posts

Awe Ener we will be so sad to see you leave AL. Good luck though!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    Such a shame, another player leaving...

Don't forget to lock the door on the way out.
    Last edited by keikali; 07-11-2014 at 08:05 AM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to keikali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

1) I'm suggesting that one single item be like this, not all of them. There are tons of nice items that come in locked crates that can be purchased with plat. I'm not suggesting those be taken away. But from the sound of your post, you act is if I suggested that all future good items should be this way. Sorry, but when every single good item can be bought, that is called "Pay to win" and is not the kind of game that is even mildly fun to play.

2) I do buy plat, but I cannot afford to spend thousands of dollars on plat. Perhaps they should auction off the top spot on the leaderboard and see how much money they can make doing that? I'm sure it would raise a ton of revenue to hire lots of programmers. I wonder how everyone would react to that. After all, they are a business, right?

What game and is it mobile? I may follow. xD
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric
    Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by keikali View Post
    Such a shame, another player leaving...

Don't forget to lock the door on the way out.
    So sad to see a great player & one of the best AL suggestion makers quitting, hope u have fun in another game, make sure to post your suggestions there, im sure you'll do well, best of luck in the future

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Derezzzed View Post
    So sad to see a great player & one of the best AL suggestion makers quitting, hope u have fun in another game, make sure to post your suggestions there, im sure you'll do well, best of luck in the future
    Is it me or does he say he is considering to leave?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

@Ener : Is it O&C? I've been watching several videos and became interested. The absence of "lottery" encourages me to try it.

On topic: I hope AL hits its prime again.
    Last edited by Limsi; 07-11-2014 at 08:39 AM.
    duck dynasty falls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Limsyoker View Post
    @Ener : Is it O&C? I've been watching several videos and became interested. The absence of "lottery" encourages me to try it.

Gosh I hope not, I tried O&C for twenty minutes and got too bored to carry on. It's nothing like AL, not even close.

Hits it's prime? Again? Lol, you're hilarious.
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Limsyoker View Post

No lottery, they just flat out sell the best gear for real money.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to FluffNStuff For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

better upgrading it but new style for the new mythic and armor lol . why to put other items ? why so complicated better simple lol .
    what about using dragonite bar + essence mythic lvl 41 and glacian/blood / fire +30 for upgrading ?like the arcane ring lol .. so no many players will get it so fast huh

I unlive in Underworld. Unlive, not live.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mahony View Post
    better upgrading it but new style for the new mythic and armor lol . why to put other items ? why so complicated better simple lol .
    what about using dragonite bar + essence mythic lvl 41 and glacian/blood / fire +30 for upgrading ?like the arcane ring lol .. so no many players will get it so fast huh
    No one will love that upgrade mythic system again.