Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: why do you join just to get our guild disount on pots??? change this please.. lol!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Default why do you join just to get our guild disount on pots??? change this please.. lol!

Time after time after time, people join up go to our nice guild hall and buy there potions at a discounted rate, then jet'' ( leave ) what's up with that, takin advantage of guilds for there potion discount. Is there anyway to stop this from happening?

Suggestion # 1: Only recruiters are allowed to buy potions from guild hall.

Suggestion # 2: Make a minimum time requirement before you can purchase pots in guild hall at all. Thus eliminating a '' pit stop '' join ...meaning these people are guildless and plan to stay that way and when they need to buy up potions they know about the discount and join up real fast and buy in guild hall then leave.

Suggestion #3: Come up with a way to avoid these '' pit stoppers '' ?
    Put a lock on new members , maybe if there was a time stamp this could be linked to the guild hall somehow , keeping you from buying pots.

Maybe nuthin can be done at all?

if there was a minimum 3 day member rule for new guild members that join up i am confident this would deter any would be guild hopper / pit stopper....lol!!!

i would love to see this implemented actually.

leave your thoughts down below

thanks for reading my post guys!

Co GM / Senior Officer of " Rise Of An Empire ''

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Maybe they should change other discounts like in shuyal tavern, the same amount as gh
    Last edited by obee; 08-20-2014 at 03:44 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obee View Post
    Maybe they should change other discounts like in shuyal, the same amount as gh

not sure what you mean by '' Shuyal'', but I see where you going with this, this would attract the ''visitors '' to go elsewhere versus taking advantage of guilds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

I also propose maybe you have to complete a mission in order to get the potions at a discounted rate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Haha I meant places like Windmoore tavern, shuyal tavern, etc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

I dont like suggestion #1.

Im just a member in my guild, and i only got a few coins...if it were only limited to recruiters and higher, i think i would have ran outta potions by now..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

thanks

Have any new suggestions to add maybe ?
    Last edited by fiftyonecents; 08-20-2014 at 05:50 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Yes I have one. (lol). What about if only Guild Master or Officer will give the permission to buy pots from the GH?. For example..
    [CASE 1]
    New member comes and after 3 days he has the trust of the master earned. Okay... So permission for him.
    [CASE 2]
    A guy comes... Hello... I'm new.. Can I have permission for pots?... KICK.. Problem smashed. Permission can be removed or recovered as master/officer wants. Do you like it fifty?

Sent from my broken phone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fiftyonecents View Post
    Time after time after time, people join up go to our nice guild hall and buy there potions at a discounted rate, then jet'' ( leave ) what's up with that, takin advantage of guilds for there potion discount. Is there anyway to stop this from happening?

Suggestion # 1: Only recruiters are allowed to buy potions from guild hall.

Suggestion # 2: Make a minimum time requirement before you can purchase pots in guild hall at all. Thus eliminating a '' pit stop '' join ...meaning these people are guildless and plan to stay that way and when they need to buy up potions they know about the discount and join up real fast and buy in guild hall then leave.

Suggestion #3: Come up with a way to avoid these '' pit stoppers '' ?
    Put a lock on new members , maybe if there was a time stamp this could be linked to the guild hall somehow , keeping you from buying pots.

Maybe nuthin can be done at all?

if there was a minimum 3 day member rule for new guild members that join up i am confident this would deter any would be guild hopper / pit stopper....lol!!!

i would love to see this implemented actually.

leave your thoughts down below

thanks for reading my post guys!
    Then you should learn to recruit better players than instead of randomly invite them into the guild.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ipoopsy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ipoopsy View Post
    Then you should learn to recruit better players than instead of randomly invite them into the guild.

Whether you agree or not, people that join up to stop in and USE you for your guild discounted potions is a nuisance to anyone else who runs a guild. So why bother even joining ? Maybe you do this a lot that's why you seem defensive towards my topic here.

Regardless ...thanks for your response.

On that note this is just another example of how useless a guild appears to others that don't appreciate the option to participate in a guild to begin with.

Being apart of a guild should really be a privilege and it just is all about who puts in the most work really, if people just wanna freelance and play the game and not worry about socializing and only want to join random ppl that have them same short term goal as them ( beat each map one by one) I see it all the time. Its sad to hear someone tell me '' Whats the point of a guild? '' or '' Guilds are all pointless''

Well I am here to say it may seem pointless to you but in reality its a achievement not easy to come by running a guild and keeping it maintained day in and day out, we the OFFICERS and the GUILD MASTERS make it look easy in my honest opinion.

If it were up to me I would make guilds a privilege to be in....set it up to where guilds are highly sought after for some reason ...be it gold per month or something that is obtainable only through being apart of a guild. this would ultimately be the true solution and put an end to the freelancer now a days that don't seem to care or give the first thought about joining.
    Last edited by fiftyonecents; 08-22-2014 at 07:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Whether you agree or not, people that join up to stop in and USE you for your guild discounted potions is a nuisance to anyone else who runs a guild. So why bother even joining ? Maybe you do this a lot that's why you seem defensive towards my topic here.

Regardless ...thanks for your response.

On that note this is just another example of how useless a guild appears to others that don't appreciate the option to participate in a guild to begin with.

Being apart of a guild should really be a privilege and it just is all about who puts in the most work really, if people just wanna freelance and play the game and not worry about socializing and only want to join random ppl that have them same short term goal as them ( beat each map one by one) I see it all the time. Its sad to hear someone tell me '' Whats the point of a guild? '' or '' Guilds are all pointless''

Well I am here to say it may seem pointless to you but in reality its a achievement not easy to come by running a guild and keeping it maintained day in and day out, we the OFFICERS and the GUILD MASTERS make it look easy in my honest opinion.

If it were up to me I would make guilds a privilege to be in....set it up to where guilds are highly sought after for some reason ...be it gold per month or something that is obtainable only through being apart of a guild. this would ultimately be the true solution and put an end to the freelancer now a days that don't seem to care or give the first thought about joining.
    I guess you didn't understand my comment well enough. What i meant is, whoever have been given the right to recruit new members, should make sure that they recruit only people who are willing to help that guild, instead of clicking on a name and invite randomly. It all started with the guild master...then the officer...

That's the reason why large guild fail because they recruit anyone and there are no unity within most large guild.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

[QUOTE=Ipoopsy;1793730]I guess you didn't understand my comment well enough. What i meant is, whoever have been given the right to recruit new members, should make sure that they recruit only people who are willing to help that guild, instead of clicking on a name and invite randomly. It all started with the guild master...then the officer...

That's the reason why large guild fail because they recruit anyone and there are no unity within most large guild.[/QUOTE]

.ummm ...its one of many reasons , there is no single reason ...this isn't the master reason............lol@ that's the reason.

I took your comment the way it was written ( looks like an insult to me am I wrong?) , now my question to you is ....do you have any propositions other than indirectly saying my recruiters are not doing a good job?

Maybe do you have a proposition geared towards making GUILDS '' wanted , rather than just some other feature that is on this game ( ex: you can do dailies on certain maps BUT they only payout 500 gold or 200 gold per WHATS THE POINT? so people veer away from these dailies / quest cause its NOT WORTH THERE TIME )

Catch my drift ?

I would like to hear a proposal from you I know you might have something good for us
    Last edited by fiftyonecents; 08-23-2014 at 11:01 AM.

I unlive in Underworld. Unlive, not live.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts

Eva seems so greedy to get gold from new members.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xeusx View Post
    Eva seems so greedy to get gold from new members.
    Listen..... the guild as a WHOLE benefits from having X amount of members or however would be the most suitable way to set it up.

If gold was the item used to make the guilds interesting enough for ALLLL players to want to join...then yes .. you get gold per person , well techiqually yes but no.. yes meaning all members are accounted for and its MONTHLY , no meaning you don't get paid as soon as someone pops in / joins.

Gold does not have to be the reward , but in many cases in whatever game you are playing GOLD is what drives the player to begin with GOLD allows you to buy everything you need or want so the game is no longer difficult for you to play.

if there was a monthly guild allowance that was paid out once a month I honestly think to would all of a sudden change how guilds function people will want to be in the top guilds only WHY?? because the higher you rank the MORE GOLD YOU GET! ... with that said , there will then need to be the max members amount imposed be it 1000 or 2000 members after a short while , the top guild will have picked all the best members that would suit there guild/ reputation then the extra players that didn't make it into the top guild will now need the next best guild. and so on and so on. the guild needs a motivation to be built and making the lb just isn't cutting it 100% in my honest opinion. I say make the stakes higher , the guilds get paid once a month or some other type of incentive. all I am getting at here is MAKE THE GUILDS SOMETHING EVERYONE ''WANTS''' TO BE IN as of now , you are just on your own and if you make certain achievments here and there you get aps and the more aps you have the better rank you become. when other people find out about your aps ...then they want you in there guild for one reason only TO MAKE THERE GUILD BETTER so honestly YOU the individual is doing all the work not the guild you guys are all making recruits and grouping together all these members but it only benefits the GUILD MASTER honestly. Does the guild master pay all the members ? no but the members pay the guild master ( how you ask???) I already explained it to you. with your APS. AND YOUR POSITIVE KDR / CTF/TDM.

ANYHOW I could go on all day. CAN YOU PROPOSE AN IDEA TO MAKE ALL GUILDS IN AL SET UP TO WHERE PEOPLE '' WANT TO JOIN '' ????? OR CAN ANYONE ??? I BEEN WAITING ..LOL

Thanks for your response.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to fiftyonecents For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Lol first time I see fifty angry xD

Sent from my old broken ugly phone using tapatalk 2 ^.^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amadorbibidor View Post
    Lol first time I see fifty angry xD

not angry I am anxious to get someones propostion

HOW CAN WE MAKE GUILDS '' WANTED ''' rather than hey its a guild big deal type of thing.

would this not improve the other half of the game? if not half maybe portion? Portion meaning you have the Elite maps , you have the Normal Maps , and you have the Aucition house , and then Guilds.

hit me back if you might have a proposal

Thanks for checkin out my thread.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to fiftyonecents For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

not angry I am anxious to get someones propostion

HOW CAN WE MAKE GUILDS '' WANTED ''' rather than hey its a guild big deal type of thing.

would this not improve the other half of the game? if not half maybe portion? Portion meaning you have the Elite maps , you have the Normal Maps , and you have the Aucition house , and then Guilds.

hit me back if you might have a proposal

Thanks for checkin out my thread.
    Well..

The only way to make a guild wanted is by being nice, being active, supporting members in maps and this stuff. I recommend you to don't worry about those guys who only join for pots discount because many members of forum (including me) are suggesting to make a "ban" or "blacklist" for bad folks. That way next time a guild hopper will try to re-join your guild for event or pots, his name will be nicely added to "blacklist" and it will say: Guild join failed, you are banned from "E.G guild". People usually try to join a better guild (in ranks) for well.. nobody knows but they do it. Guilds are made to socialize, have fun and help each others. If STS will do "blacklist" then guild hoppers will get their name written with big letters in that lists and finally they will practically "run out" of guilds to hop. It's hard to know how somebody is behind a screen and it's not recruiters fault for the bad people who joins, it's nobody fault, don't get frustrated by this. I am sure that in RoaE there is a lot of good people and the family is growing. My opinion is that:

1: For preventing guilds of being hunted for pots ( I mean to constantly have people joining for pots) as I said before, masters and officers have to trust the new members and give them the "permission" to use pots. I'm not talking about verbal permission, that will be ridiculous, who cares what somebody says you to don't do? I am saying about an informatic permission like a promotion from members to recruiters but instead of this a promotion from unknow person to somebody more in guild that is searching for a guild to stay and get some friends. E.G: "Arcania" joins "Arcanium" guild and earns the trust of officers and master. One of them open their chat box and types:"/guildpermissionpromote arcania". In that moment "arcania" is able to use pots discount service. If that player lost officers or master trust but is not so bad to get booted from guild then one of them do "/guildpermissiondemote arcania". So this way if somebody is trying to join your guild just for pots he will get kicked immediately for asking: "can I have permission please?".

2. Ban or "blacklist" is something that guilds really need. If somebody joins guild "arcanium" just because in 5 min there will be a trivial and he can earn some money and after he claims his reward he leaves to search another guild who is having a trivial in little time this WON'T happen again because if officers and master see what happened then they add their name to "blacklist" and he will never be able to claim a half of coin from that guild.

Only way to make your guild wanted is (I repeat) by supporting members when they need help, being friendly and active, avoiding any dispute and if one appears by chilling down the folks who have a problem with each other,making intresting forums pages, funny trivials and constantly giving tips when people ask somebody in guild chat. Nothing more can be done. A guild needs time to get loyal members and don't get frustrated by bad people constantly joining because they will get kicked one day. Recruiters can't know if somebody is bad, they recruit only by taking a look at the stats and APs and if they reach the required stuff they are in. Only thing they can do is to hope the guy they just invited is not a scammer.

I'm not trying to bore you so I'll stop but I hope it helped and you maybe now know that many people care about what you think. Don't listen to people who just says to "get better recruiters" , because they maybe fell frustrated just because at a certain point, when they started to play, they were hopping from guild to guild too. Good luck and nice thread. Also I'll try to let you one of my threads about "blacklist" See ya in game!

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=170724

Last edited by Amadorbibidor; 08-23-2014 at 04:59 PM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Amadorbibidor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Well..

The only way to make a guild wanted is by being nice, being active, supporting members in maps and this stuff. I recommend you to don't worry about those guys who only join for pots discount because many members of forum (including me) are suggesting to make a "ban" or "blacklist" for bad folks. That way next time a guild hopper will try to re-join your guild for event or pots, his name will be nicely added to "blacklist" and it will say: Guild join failed, you are banned from "E.G guild". People usually try to join a better guild (in ranks) for well.. nobody knows but they do it. Guilds are made to socialize, have fun and help each others. If STS will do "blacklist" then guild hoppers will get their name written with big letters in that lists and finally they will practically "run out" of guilds to hop. It's hard to know how somebody is behind a screen and it's not recruiters fault for the bad people who joins, it's nobody fault, don't get frustrated by this. I am sure that in RoaE there is a lot of good people and the family is growing. My opinion is that:

1: For preventing guilds of being hunted for pots ( I mean to constantly have people joining for pots) as I said before, masters and officers have to trust the new members and give them the "permission" to use pots. I'm not talking about verbal permission, that will be ridiculous, who cares what somebody says you to don't do? I am saying about a informatic permission like a promotion from members to recruiters but instead of this a promotion from unknow person to somebody more in guild that is searching for a guild to stay and get some friends. E.G: "Arcania" joins "Arcanium" guild and earns the trust of officers and master. One of them open their chat box and types:"/guildpermissionpromote arcania". In that moment "arcania" is able to use pots discount service. If that player lost officers or master trust but is not so bad to get booted from guild then one of them do "/guildpermissiondemote arcania". So this way if somebody is trying to join your guild just for pots he will get kicked immediately for asking: "can I have permission please?".

2. Ban or "blacklist" is something that guilds really need. If somebody joins guild "arcanium" just because in 5 min there will be a trivial and he can earn some money and after he claims his reward he leaves for searching another guild who is having a trivial in little time this WON'T happen again because if officers and master see what happened then they add their name to "blacklist" and he will never be able to claim a half of coin from that guild.

Only way to make your guild wanted is (I repeat) by supporting members when they need help, being friendly and active, avoiding any dispute and if one appears chilling down the folks who have a problem with each other,making intresting forums pages, funny trivials and constantly giving tips when people ask somebody in guild chat. Nothing more can be done. A guild needs time to get loyal members and not getting frustrated by bad people constantly joining because they will get kicked one day. Recruiters can't know if somebody is bad, they recruit only by taking a look at the stats and APs and if they reach the requeired stuff they are in. Only thing they can do is to hope the guy they just invited is not a scammer.

I'm not trying to bore you so I'll stop but I hope it helped and you maybe now know that many people care about what you think. Don't listen to people who just says to "get better recruiters" , because they maybe fell frustrated just because at a certain point, when they started to play, they were hopping from guild to guild too. Good luck and nice thread. Also I'll try to let you one of my threads about "blacklist" See ya in game!

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=170724

Agreed! +10 ..lol!!

wow you a pro too huh? ...nice response man. We do all of the above mentioned yes, I actually believe your '' Blacklist'' idea will sow up a lot of the guild hoppin bull crap. yup I could not agree more. I actually hope your '' Blacklist idea does get implemented'' while at the same time it would be hard to entrust people with this power to black list, meaning we could use it for good purposes only, and then there are the other idiots that will simply ABUSE this privilege that is long overdue and badly needed, but there needs to be a way to regulate others from ABUSING this power to black list. Maybe I need to re read your thread and get a refresher, maybe you covered this aspect already.

I def appreciate you taking time to write your response to my thread , your def not a bore to me. This is the type of constructive information that needs to take place on any thread and that is what I enjoy the most

23. The Following User Says Thank You to fiftyonecents For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Agreed! +10 ..lol!!

wow you a pro too huh? ...nice response man. We do all of the above mentioned yes, I actually believe your '' Blacklist'' idea will sow up a lot of the guild hoppin bull crap. yup I could not agree more. I actually hope your '' Blacklist idea does get implemented'' while at the same time it would be hard to entrust people with this power to black list, meaning we could use it for good purposes only, and then there are the other idiots that will simply ABUSE this privilege that is long overdue and badly needed, but there needs to be a way to regulate others from ABUSING this power to black list. Maybe I need to re read your thread and get a refresher, maybe you covered this aspect already.

I def appreciate you taking time to write your response to my thread , your def not a bore to me. This is the type of constructive information that needs to take place on any thread and that is what I enjoy the most
    Not everyone is getting promoted to officer. Only officers and master can use "blacklist privilege" and master will take care to have trusty officers in his guild. Nobody will abuse of this and if it happens, is masters fault for promoting a bad officer. Anyway this won't happen. Abusing this will be very hard because you need to stay at least 2 weeks in a guild to get promoted to recruiter. Maybe another 2 weeks of HARD work to officer.
    ty for reply but I have a question.. How you replied so fast?!?!?! O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Not everyone is getting promoted to officer. Only officers and master can use "blacklist privilege" and master will take care to have trusty officers in his guild. Nobody will abuse of this and if it happens, is masters fault for promoting a bad officer. Anyway this won't happen. Abusing this will be very hard because you need to stay at least 2 weeks in a guild to get promoted to recruiter. Maybe another 2 weeks of HARD work to officer.
    ty for reply but I have a question.. How you replied so fast?!?!?! O.o

I like to use the forum when I have time. I check the threads when I have time, and I mainly check for my threads that I have written to see if anyone has stopped in to share his or her thoughts.

Yes I like this plan of your. If only STS would take it seriously, meaning it is a useful tool to us player who are involved in guilds. makes our jobs easier and guilds less of a hassle if it can be put that way. Just my opinion doesn't mean its right anything I say. If possible paste your link on here I def want to look over your ''Black list '' plan see if you updated it or something.