Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: time for change

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Pvp is all about money/ spammed plat.
    Idk why some people are so arrogant about them.
    Anyway, i feel its the APs which made the pvp more of a stat biased game.
    Now to the point, I have stopped twinking just cuz of the flamings, cursing and dramas.
    At first, pvp is dang fun and addicting even after all of those negative sides..once i got in a good guild it was full of dramas (every twink guilds have more or less dramas).
    with guild, i was getting better and was having real fun in all those clashes. But the dramas, rivalries, cussing, flamming outweighed the fun.
    pvp is one of the greatest part of the game which keeps more of the people stick to the game and keeping the game alive.
    I agrer with the OP, it gotta be changed for good means.
    +1 foe ur post.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

I left PvP at the introduction of Nordr.

I simply got sick of all the nonsense. The ganging, the spot blocking, the guild alliance/wars, the non-stop bragging/crying, free flags only, don't kill my friend, etc., etc., it all just turned me off to PvP completely.

I thoroughly enjoyed PvP, but between the arms race in gear (specifically Mythic/Arcane gear and pets), and the childish, stroke my ego type of human nature that is far too common, I just decided it was best to focus on elites exclusively, since PvP is now ruled by your gear first, and your guild second. Skill and strategy has almost nothing to do with PvP anymore.

I made many, many friends in PvP during the early days. Got spanked thousands of times, spanked others thousands of times, enjoyed hundreds of fun matches, and generally saw PvP as a fun distraction to the main spine of the game. As the seasons wore on, the good, respectable players started leaving/quitting, and were replaced by infantile players that either see everything as "food", "guild war" or "ganger noob". The players that enjoyed a good, honorable matches, were replaced by players looking to exploit every possible advantage in order to boost their KDR, LB status, ego or whatever it is that makes them tick (see elixirs in PvP as a good example of this).

Digging back through my old screenies, I find good players like Irish, Lims, Iluv, Vys, Thren, Lady, who fought fair, and were willing to answer questions when you asked (after they killed you of course, lol). I credit the honorable old-timers with my Warmonger status, because they taught me most of what I know in PvP now. These days, almost nobody asks or answers questions, almost nobody is willing to help out, very few do any teaching....it's all about kill count at the end of the day, which is silly when most of these folk already have the Warmonger AP, so I just don't understand the reasoning for their behavior.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Lazy xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Yeah, this is what i hate the most. When people refer to you as "food" you enter a room and these nabs be like "food has arrived, the feast begins" or something irrelevant to that. Like lol?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I was happy to see a karma and magnum on the same side today with no trashtalk/flaming.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

I once had a good time in pvp

During Season 2 that is.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

^^ lels
    CO-GM <THE COLLECTIVE>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ColdBlahd View Post
    Yeah, this is what i hate the most. When people refer to you as "food" you enter a room and these nabs be like "food has arrived, the feast begins" or something irrelevant to that. Like lol?
    if you dont want them to call you like food..prove them in action that you can kill them, u cant blame that people if their confident to kill you, the answer of this if you dont want them to call you "food" ask them for 1v1, for fair fight and if you success for winning just simple say "GF", i assure you 100% they will respect you and they never treat you like food again..
    Last edited by hesx; 09-10-2014 at 12:22 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hesx View Post
    if you dont want them to call you like food..prove them in action that you can kill them, u cant blame that people if their confident to kill you, the answer of this if you dont want them to call you "food" ask them for 1v1, for fair fight
    I don't PvP, but i see it happen when i enter rooms for the heck of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

if you dont want them to call you like food..prove them in action that you can kill them, u cant blame that people if their confident to kill you, the answer of this if you dont want them to call you "food" ask them for 1v1, for fair fight and if you success for winning just simple say "GF", i assure you 100% they will respect you and they never treat you like food again..
    i beat ppl in vs and say gf. then i get ganged.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

LOL

good luck asking for a 1v1 or fair fight when they are calling your team 'food'
    good luck not getting ganged when you are being spot blocked
    good luck on whatever happens afterwards when you kill one or two of these egomaniacs

The fact is that PvP simply isn't the fair, honorable clashes that we enjoyed in S2/S3. Now it is all about getting kills by any means - unfair, dishonorable, or outright cheating - many of these types of players simply don't care.

When was the last time you had a fair clash that didn't involve mostly friends/frienemies, guildies, allied guilds or was somewhat pre-organized?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

What did I miss in TDM tournament thread? Was there any drama or what?

Talking on topic: recently I started to do PvP actively, just joining random teams. Yeah, pretty hard. CTF disappointed me instantly when in the very first match I was ganged and spawned just because I was in one team with "enemy guild". TDM is not so bad, but random teams are too weak (not in terms of gear, but in terms of team work and organization). I'm planning on gathering a team for TDM runs, so it should be actually playable.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

The solution? Organize CTF matches like Samuraisoul, Meecah & I used to last season. Once it starts getting popular, more & more people would wish to join and maybe would start their own games. #StopFreeFlagging2014 #BringBackPvP

Boredom is the major cause of all the unrest in PvP. Remove that and you get better people

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    117 Posts

Troll: " you noob"
    Me: " I love you"
    Troll: " wtf, you noob"
    Me: "I love you"
    Troll: "NOOB!"
    Troll: "stop it!"
    Troll: "weirdo"
    Troll: "STOP!!!!!!!"
    I was crazy before it was fashionable.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Ihateppl For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    I left PvP at the introduction of Nordr.

I simply got sick of all the nonsense. The ganging, the spot blocking, the guild alliance/wars, the non-stop bragging/crying, free flags only, don't kill my friend, etc., etc., it all just turned me off to PvP completely.

I thoroughly enjoyed PvP, but between the arms race in gear (specifically Mythic/Arcane gear and pets), and the childish, stroke my ego type of human nature that is far too common, I just decided it was best to focus on elites exclusively, since PvP is now ruled by your gear first, and your guild second. Skill and strategy has almost nothing to do with PvP anymore.

I made many, many friends in PvP during the early days. Got spanked thousands of times, spanked others thousands of times, enjoyed hundreds of fun matches, and generally saw PvP as a fun distraction to the main spine of the game. As the seasons wore on, the good, respectable players started leaving/quitting, and were replaced by infantile players that either see everything as "food", "guild war" or "ganger noob". The players that enjoyed a good, honorable matches, were replaced by players looking to exploit every possible advantage in order to boost their KDR, LB status, ego or whatever it is that makes them tick (see elixirs in PvP as a good example of this).

Digging back through my old screenies, I find good players like Irish, Lims, Iluv, Vys, Thren, Lady, who fought fair, and were willing to answer questions when you asked (after they killed you of course, lol). I credit the honorable old-timers with my Warmonger status, because they taught me most of what I know in PvP now. These days, almost nobody asks or answers questions, almost nobody is willing to help out, very few do any teaching....it's all about kill count at the end of the day, which is silly when most of these folk already have the Warmonger AP, so I just don't understand the reasoning for their behavior.
    I'm just curious whether you refer to Lady as Lady or iady?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Ladylunaix IIRC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    LOL

good luck asking for a 1v1 or fair fight when they are calling your team 'food'
    good luck not getting ganged when you are being spot blocked
    good luck on whatever happens afterwards when you kill one or two of these egomaniacs

The fact is that PvP simply isn't the fair, honorable clashes that we enjoyed in S2/S3. Now it is all about getting kills by any means - unfair, dishonorable, or outright cheating - many of these types of players simply don't care.

When was the last time you had a fair clash that didn't involve mostly friends/frienemies, guildies, allied guilds or was somewhat pre-organized?
    you dont need to cry in pvp if they dont wnt fair fight or 1v1 or 5v5, just simply out from the room if you get ganged. find another room, simple answer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Saribeau View Post
    i beat ppl in vs and say gf. then i get ganged.
    so quit from the room once you get ganged

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

It just boils down to the fact there's no balance. Al pretty much my first game like this but I would imagine that other games match players in rooms depending on say total gear score or whatever. Correct me if I'm wrong. Is this free open door with any gear policy the norm?
    CO-GM <THE COLLECTIVE>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Gorenab check out Albion Online, it's a mobile/PC Mmo like Al, but it's based on skill not plat, and the community isn't full of nabs...
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯