Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Arcane Legends Skill System Feedback Wanted!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I dont think it has been mentioned enough that mages need stun immunity. I believe they were designed as the 'stunlock class' primarily because they have a variety of skills that had 100% stun. Now, all other classes have figured out their skills (juggernaut, razor shield) which both have the option of movement impairment invulnerabilty. I understand that all classes were designed for a purpose in a 5v5 situation, but 95% of the time it isnt. I understand the classes are supposed to be like rock-paper-scissors, each class is beaten by one class, but can beat the other, but rogues (with their insane damage and movement impairement invulnerability) are capable of stunlocking a mage (with bow stun + samael) all while being imune to stuns. Kind of defeats purpose of a mage?

Also, if a mage is supposed to be AoE and stuns during a clash, they aren't very effective at this now. Warriors and rogues generally begin a clash with stun immunity abilities, so stun typically doesnt work. Yes stun can occur once these skills have have been used, but by then, usually mages have been stunned the entire duration of the fight, have been killed, or miraculously survived. If they have survived, their shield has now been used, which means they are open to instakill and can no longer focus on dealing damage as they have to dun for their lives. A warrior with a Bulwark also defeats the purpose of having a curse mage. Especially when the curse/reflect is more effective from the bulwark, plus its a tank when which is capable of withstanding more dmg, which means their curse will be in play longer. Also it has no cooldown so it can effect a whole team for the duration of a fight. This curse also defeats the purpose of AoE, as mages get destroyed if they dare use DoT. At this point, mages are only their to literally cancel out the other mages. Some very good mages are effective, but not as kuch as they should be.

What i am NOT suggesting is the debuff of warriors and rogues. What i AM suggesting is that mages are buffed drastically. They require stun immunity, a better heal, t and to possibly stack crits on lightning? (Like a rogues aimed).

My primary class is warrior, but i have played a great deal of mage and also have played rogue. Quite frankly rogues are currently over-powered. They benefitted most from the last client as they were the only class that didn't really use skill switching. Hope this helps
    Last edited by Killfreeak; 09-22-2014 at 07:44 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Killfreeak For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Currently i think warriors have insane damage (depending on which equipment you are using) so they don't need a damage buff... A tank using sword and shield cant expect to have good damage as this isn't intended as a weapon which deals damage. A tank using magmatic claymore can quite easily kill a rogue if they can manage to stunlock them, and get them a distance from packs which means the rogue has to desperately run to packs and eat them all

A few people saying that rogue packs are stupid but tbh, it is the only thing keeping rogues from totally wrecking everything. Because their heal is 30-40% a pack, they have to consume their packs wisely as opposed to charging a skill which heals them (like mage and tank). But quite frankly idk why they would cry about this?? Each pack can return up to 40% hp (including heal over time) which can be up to 50% hp. 3x 50% hp is 150% hp, plus the 30% hp which they get just for dropping their packs... That can be almost 200% hp return in some situations... Maybe i am over exaggerating but still, their health return has a much greater return than any other class. Yes we all know that it only heals you, and no-one else, but rogues are the most 'selfish' class in PvP, so i dont get the big deal? Maybe if you buff other classes, maybe then the rogues heal could do with a buff

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Add another skills slot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Add 5th skill slot or 6th

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

skills slot so people can do more combo instead of swapping skills.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    If you read it, I said the first 6 skills I listed were my build. I just gave feedback on the other two skills since Fibus asked. Nice try though.
    Ummmmmm, your using gale and frost in pvp RIGHT NOW lol, not trying to start anything on your thread, but really???? lol you make me laugh, nice name, and gg on ur little error in the reply

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Killfreeak View Post
    I dont think it has been mentioned enough that mages need stun immunity. I believe they were designed as the 'stunlock class' primarily because they have a variety of skills that had 100% stun. Now, all other classes have figured out their skills (juggernaut, razor shield) which both have the option of movement impairment invulnerabilty. I understand that all classes were designed for a purpose in a 5v5 situation, but 95% of the time it isnt. I understand the classes are supposed to be like rock-paper-scissors, each class is beaten by one class, but can beat the other, but rogues (with their insane damage and movement impairement invulnerability) are capable of stunlocking a mage (with bow stun + samael) all while being imune to stuns. Kind of defeats purpose of a mage?

Also, if a mage is supposed to be AoE and stuns during a clash, they aren't very effective at this now. Warriors and rogues generally begin a clash with stun immunity abilities, so stun typically doesnt work. Yes stun can occur once these skills have have been used, but by then, usually mages have been stunned the entire duration of the fight, have been killed, or miraculously survived. If they have survived, their shield has now been used, which means they are open to instakill and can no longer focus on dealing damage as they have to dun for their lives. A warrior with a Bulwark also defeats the purpose of having a curse mage. Especially when the curse/reflect is more effective from the bulwark, plus its a tank when which is capable of withstanding more dmg, which means their curse will be in play longer. Also it has no cooldown so it can effect a whole team for the duration of a fight. This curse also defeats the purpose of AoE, as mages get destroyed if they dare use DoT. At this point, mages are only their to literally cancel out the other mages. Some very good mages are effective, but not as kuch as they should be.

What i am NOT suggesting is the debuff of warriors and rogues. What i AM suggesting is that mages are buffed drastically. They require stun immunity, a better heal, t and to possibly stack crits on lightning? (Like a rogues aimed).

My primary class is warrior, but i have played a great deal of mage and also have played rogue. Quite frankly rogues are currently over-powered. They benefitted most from the last client as they were the only class that didn't really use skill switching. Hope this helps
    Since when are tanks stun proof? and rogues have razor shield for clashes, since they don't have a shield like a specific class does, if mages get another skill making them stun immune, they will wreck every tank they vs lol, cause I have won against a lot of mages only because of stun coming in and saving me, mages with elon gun and sam are beasts, but you're right, they should be stun immune overall, but not waste a skill spot just getting that, should be incorporated as a passive on Lifegiver, or shields side effects when it breaks, but not forever o.o then us tanks would get wrecked more than we already are by rogues and some op mages lol..

EDIT : and not to mention our stun passives in skills like axe and skyward smash would be useless for 66.6666666% of the classes we vs. since rogues use razor now
    Last edited by Aslanx; 09-25-2014 at 01:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aslanx View Post
    Since when are tanks stun proof? and rogues have razor shield for clashes, since they don't have a shield like a specific class does, if mages get another skill making them stun immune, they will wreck every tank they vs lol, cause I have won against a lot of mages only because of stun coming in and saving me, mages with elon gun and sam are beasts, but you're right, they should be stun immune overall, but not waste a skill spot just getting that, should be incorporated as a passive on Lifegiver, or shields side effects when it breaks, but not forever o.o then us tanks would get wrecked more than we already are by rogues and some op mages lol..

EDIT : and not to mention our stun passives in skills like axe and skyward smash would be useless for 66.6666666% of the classes we vs. since rogues use razor now
    Juggernaut with the immunity ability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UndeadJudge View Post
    Juggernaut with the immunity ability.

Using juggernaut against a mage that knows what their doing at 41 ends in :

1. You never get a kill on them and have to wait til they either get stunned, and you can deal out some "massive damage" with your magma sword lol, or u can wait til they crit u with lightning, finishing u off

2. You run out of mana, and while jug is reloading(most tanks will switch it out with vb for mana) u have to make sure u run away fast while the mage is shooting at u from a mile away and hope u don't get killed

This is why I use vb first, then switch out to jugg, so I don't have to wait all day and without mana, because some mages know stunlocks, and some mages know how to tank out, and keep running/shooting which is a useful method in vs against tanks, but if a mage knows what their doing and assuming you, the tank does too, u wont start off jugging , so most likely will get stunned

and if the mage is weak and will die fast, most likely a smart tank wont even USE jugg at all, and rely on horn, which is what I do when killing rogues/mages walking along in hallways

so the stun is always there, because jugg runs out too ... and do u know if pet stuns are active when jugg is being used? like slag, sam, etc..
    Last edited by Aslanx; 09-25-2014 at 02:59 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Using juggernaut against a mage that knows what their doing at 41 ends in :

1. You never get a kill on them and have to wait til they either get stunned, and you can deal out some "massive damage" with your magma sword lol, or u can wait til they crit u with lightning, finishing u off

2. You run out of mana, and while jug is reloading(most tanks will switch it out with vb for mana) u have to make sure u run away fast while the mage is shooting at u from a mile away and hope u don't get killed

This is why I use vb first, then switch out to jugg, so I don't have to wait all day and without mana, because some mages know stunlocks, and some mages know how to tank out, and keep running/shooting which is a useful method in vs against tanks, but if a mage knows what their doing and assuming you, the tank does too, u wont start off jugging , so most likely will get stunned

and if the mage is weak and will die fast, most likely a smart tank wont even USE jugg at all, and rely on horn, which is what I do when killing rogues/mages walking along in hallways

so the stun is always there, because jugg runs out too ... and do u know if pet stuns are active when jugg is being used? like slag, sam, etc..
    Well, I don't see the issue of using 5 skills and switch to jugg when you figure they're going to nuke you.

Shield only lasts 15 seconds, after that's up it's gg unless tank is super low HP. Jugg gives you 7-8 (forgot exact time), horn gives 2 from bubble plus more from the HoT, that gives mages a very small window of time to kill you. If you get your second heal, they're basically screwed seeing that you can kill them in a couple of axe/cs combos.

Also mages rely heavily on crit against tanks, so use feeble to your advantage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Ummmmmm, your using gale and frost in pvp RIGHT NOW lol, not trying to start anything on your thread, but really???? lol you make me laugh, nice name, and gg on ur little error in the reply
    Yeah, I only recently started using Gale. Is there a problem? My build can take you and the majority of warriors all day, any day.

Shield only lasts 15 seconds, after that's up it's gg unless tank is super low HP
    @endgame? I don't think so man
    Last edited by Instanthumor; 09-25-2014 at 09:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

add a new morph like mage could have metamorphisis and spells do more dmg something like that. but balancing will be tough. or make a 5th skill which is an ultimate. you have to do spesific spell combos for the ultimate to go off cd

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    Yeah, I only recently started using Gale. Is there a problem? My build can take you and the majority of warriors all day, any day.

@endgame? I don't think so man
    Well last time I saw a Mage vs tank, the Mage died in 2 seconds after shield wore off...

But then again it still was before the new gun was out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    296 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fibus View Post
    Hi everyone!

First, an introduction: I'm Fibus and I'm a Senior Game Designer here at Spacetime. I've been here for about a year now and in that time, I've worked on many of the AL features that you have all enjoyed. Going forward, I hope to continue that trend. One of my current projects is the AL Skills System update, which brings me to the focus of this post...

Over the last 2 years, Arcane Legends has grown and developed with tons of new content and changes. Now, we are taking the time to look back at what we have done and see how we can improve. As we have announced (read more at: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...s-Skill-System), on part of the game we're taking a look at is the skill system, including all of the various class skills. While we have certain metrics that we can look at to analyze skill usage, it is also important to get feedback directly from the community, since numbers don't come accompanied with explanations. We want to know how these skills feel to you as part of your builds.

So, we would love for you all to tell us what you like or dislike about your class' skills. Providing any explanations with your answers would be extremely helpful!

• What class do you primarily play?
    • What are your current builds for PvE? PvP? (If your builds are precious to you, I also accept private messages )
    • Which skills/upgrades do you like using and why?
    • Which skills/upgrades do you dislike using and why?
    • Any additional information you want to tell us (but please try to keep it skills related)
    Hi my name is Harmonybow and im a rogueaholic xD
    Ive played at level 8/9 for over 4 seasons now.
    I use the basic skills aimed, shadow piercer and medics.
    I like packs, they keep me alive x) And a rogues Aimed shot is his/her best friend with that crit and the upgrade that adds 10% crit is amazing!
    Useless for me? Probably Shadow Storm Shot!
    I would like to see a mana heal or something implemented into a rogues medics as mages have it in their heal and warriors get mana absorbed through VB!
    - (un) Retired -

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

[QUOTE=Instanthumor;1843329]Yeah, I only recently started using Gale. Is there a problem? My build can take you and the majority of warriors all day, any day.

Thats cause you keep running with your running spec when your about to die little smurf :3, come in a room and wait for the count and then ill show u and ur running build whos boss

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Well, I don't see the issue of using 5 skills and switch to jugg when you figure they're going to nuke you.

Shield only lasts 15 seconds, after that's up it's gg unless tank is super low HP. Jugg gives you 7-8 (forgot exact time), horn gives 2 from bubble plus more from the HoT, that gives mages a very small window of time to kill you. If you get your second heal, they're basically screwed seeing that you can kill them in a couple of axe/cs combos.

Also mages rely heavily on crit against tanks, so use feeble to your advantage.

You need to vs arry to see what i mean, i havent tried vsing him with the new jugg "upgrades" but he can stunlock/crit the hell out of tanks. I used to beat him at 36 cap but with elon gun, and ring, while im still at magma and elon ammy/ring i cant beat him without 10 seconds of stun. and even then if he manages to run away i cant kill him cause im out of mana from jugg or im at like 30 and afraid to follow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Thats cause you keep running with your running spec when your about to die little smurf :3, come in a room and wait for the count and then ill show u and ur running build whos boss
    Lol seems you need an update.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

You need to vs arry to see what i mean, i havent tried vsing him with the new jugg "upgrades" but he can stunlock/crit the hell out of tanks. I used to beat him at 36 cap but with elon gun, and ring, while im still at magma and elon ammy/ring i cant beat him without 10 seconds of stun. and even then if he manages to run away i cant kill him cause im out of mana from jugg or im at like 30 and afraid to follow
    Lmao okay, you can't beat one Mage that's fully geared? And you clai mages are op now?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Lmao okay, you can't beat one Mage that's fully geared? And you clai mages are op now?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Ur not at 41, or u would know...and they sure are a lot better than before the ursoth assault update, elon weapons give a decent advantage, combined with sam/sns, but no mages do need a buff, theyre not as good as they should be and if u look around ull see me vouching for mage buffs as well..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Ur not at 41, or u would know...and they sure are a lot better than before the ursoth assault update, elon weapons give a decent advantage, combined with sam/sns, but no mages do need a buff, theyre not as good as they should be and if u look around ull see me vouching for mage buffs as well..

You're saying that a mage needs all that equipment just to compete with a legendary warrior? I do apologize for any rudeness, but that is not class balance. Sorry. :/
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List