Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: How to End Dummy Farming?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    296 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crotbilas View Post
    just example dude..dont panic
    Lol sorry my mistake lmao, forgot this thread was about farmers too rofl. My bad
    - (un) Retired -

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

lol this page so quiet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    I don't think this is a solution.

It would make more sense to have an alert sent to the devs when a match lasts over an undisclosed amount of time, and have them check the IP's of the characters in those rooms. If there's one character repeatedly killing another from the same location, it's pretty clear what's going on.

In fact, they don't even need to do that - just get the alert and go look at the score. The devs are intelligent people. They can tell when a match is real and when it's not. Tdm would be harder since the matches are limited, but we do know there are ways to track progress - the weekly guild rankings show us that they have the ability to track. If they made a graph of who is getting how many kills in a week, that would at least show who to take a look at.
    the only problem is.. it is legal..the only thing they can do it banned the dummy toon
    f2p rules says u can do whatever you want with your accounts.. aka kill it as much as u want
    i dont think theres a really legit solution to this.. all mentioned has loop holes

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

4. The Following User Says Thank You to inkredible For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Or if they could get a notification if someone gets over 99 kills, that way a dummy farmer will have to go to a lot of troubles looking for a new map after every 99, and itll be regular...make it tough for them so it discourages them from spending time on it in the first place is my solution to the prob, laziness

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Hey,

I had an idea on how to end dummy farmers in PvP - let me know what you think!

Scenario:

if player1 kills more than 6-7 times in a row without dying, any further kills will not be counted until player1 dies or completes cool down period (5 minutes)

Disadvantages:
    - Limits KDR (Will most likely effect twinks)

Thoughts?
    And what happens when player1 is in a guild war he has to give up a death no thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Goldable View Post
    was this meant to go on that other thread of ss a dummy farmer? o.0
    It could be that he was just in a really long game one time I was in a game with 3 noons for an hour and got 200 kills

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Yeah, dummy farming is a PITA. Honestly, we haven't put PvP as a top priority for the game as we work to keep up a constant stream of PvE content and feature improvements. Right now, our roadmap is pretty full with a lot of other stuff (I'll have details soon in the October Producer's Letter), but PvP is getting more and more attention. Maybe in the future we can implement system to reduce or remove dummy farming.

Also, another idea is to get rid of kills and use a system like honor points. Get honor points for participating in a kill. Can't kill same target over and over again for honor. Get honor points for successful game wins (or a multiplier to get more for the winning team). Such a system would take the focus off killing and put it back on winning the game. That might set up a framework for item rewards for spending honor points. We could have them reset per season. No promises, just thoughts on making PvP better and to address things like dummy farming.
    Nooo PvP without kills is like pb & j without the peanutbutter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Quickrr View Post
    And what happens when player1 is in a guild war he has to give up a death no thanks
    Yes, they could continue farming if they let themselves die but as you stated - it would slow down the dummy farming. If it's not efficient anymore, what's the purpose of continuing the practice?

As for pros, I think that then some code could be developed to check for the victim's deaths. If the opponent did kill 6-7 at a time, then the code would check to see if victim is repeatedly being killed by the same target. If it is, disable kill count for a period of time or until the opponent dies. If not, continue.
    Answered this earlier.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

It will affect twinks largely, I mean I know some warriors in level 12-14 brackets who will not die unless its 5v1.

How about we reverse it?
    Scenario:

if player1 dies more than 6-7 times in a row without a kill, any further kills on him will not be counted until player1 did a kill or completes cool down period (5 minutes)
    Last edited by kinzmet; 10-04-2014 at 09:57 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kinzmet For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kinzmet View Post
    It will affect twinks largely, I mean I know some warriors in level 12-14 brackets who will not die unless its 5v1.

How about we reverse it?
    Scenario:

if player1 dies more than 6-7 times in a row without a kill, any further kills on him will not be counted until player1 did a kill or completes cool down period (5 minutes)
    That makes sense! Cool!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Can STS not examine a player to see who they killed 100 times in a row? Im sure dummy farmers are smart enough to switch ips and ect. Honestly the only way I see to stop it is to report it and hope STS observes the player. To me...sts is promoting dummy farming by saying it cant be stopped...so everyone is doing it, and if you kill their dummy.."boy do they get mad" Ive earned 50k ctf kills, never farmed a dummy..took 2 yrs...pretty sure i would be #1 if they knocked out all the cheaters..but, you know me, im big headed. So for anyone to catch up or to pass me is mind blowing O.O Maybe sts could set a trigger of some sort. LIKE a name gets killed 20 times it send sts a email sayen this person is messing up .. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Hey my 22 warrior is 3.3k/600 kdr and all from wars my rogue 9 is 2300/350

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Farminer's View Post
    Hey my 22 warrior is 3.3k/600 kdr and all from wars my rogue 9 is 2300/350

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    Dummy farmers have 13k+/100- or so...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Do they kill dummies to get good KDR or just to get on leaderboards or for APs?
    Honestly, at end-game PvP is boring if u dont have mythics...pvp is more fun at low lvls

Konan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kona View Post
    Do they kill dummies to get good KDR or just to get on leaderboards or for APs?
    Honestly, at end-game PvP is boring if u dont have mythics...pvp is more fun at low lvls
    "Both" ive seen people 10k kills away from getting the 25 spot and be there in 2-3 days. Just to collect a banner. Wouldnt surprise me if someone isnt stacken twinks right below lb to take over leaderboards one day. Conspiracy theory. I just hope when they get caught that their account gets banned for life. I could list all the farmers but ill get in trouble, an they switch names while they climb LB. I lose respect for these players.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Madxnoob For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

much better if it only limits 3kills(resets within 15-24hours) and on the other hand (the dummy)it counts as death with each kill even the limit already reached.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Just throwen idea's out there, maybe after a player gets killed, let's say 10 time's they get kicked from game. :-)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

A lot of people have better KDR than I do. Honestly, I don't mind - I never went for KDR anyways. My objective when I PvP is to have fun but at the same time, accomplish my goal: be best rogue. Now, I don't mean best in the sense of leaderboard as they never really interested me that much. I mean it in the sense of skill.
    Yeah right. Those went extinct since season 4

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

This is a great idea Zeus.

And you know what even if it spills over into one player being prevented from chasing down that one player on the opposing team he knows he can kill and killing him 10 times in a game... well to me that only makes pvp a healthier environment to be in since said player will be forced, after 6 kills, to pick on someone his own size.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

What would also have been interesting would be to have a kill count which somehow reflected "unique kills" alongside the flat stats with a name like "Reputation." Maybe total kills divided by number of "unique" kills.

If I have 10,000 kills but they are all repeat kills on the same person this value would be 10,000 / 1 = 10,000

If I have 10,000 kills and have killed 1000 unique players this value would be 10,000 / 1000 = 10

Value would be reflected in our stats page so a great kdr would need to be backed up by a relatively low reputation.

KILLS 10,000
    Deaths 100
    Reputation 10,000

Kills 3500
    Deaths 2800
    Reputation 14

Not really a possibility at this late stage but funny to think about ^_^