Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
Hmm.. I think we can work around that.

Remember, not everyones gonna have a decked out towne with 75,000 upkeep.

1.) Just remove the if host is online thing and replace it with "if towne is empty for more than 60 seconds".
2.) Make it so you have to be top level in order to even be able to make a towne "Public". That way there isn't thousands of level 1-40 townes that like nobody is gonna enter.
3.) Make List Rent Times, so there will be 100 spots open at a time or so. You can pay rent for ten hours to one day to one week. Once your time is up or your towne empties, its taken off the list. If your towne empties, you will be refunded the amount of gold based on remaining time.

What are your thoughts on this idea? Think it would be more logical for the servers?
I think rent might work just like how the Consignment Shoppe uses a time-limit for items to reduce extra data clutter. Or, my point could be moot altogether if STS decides to just purchase more servers for this purpose (from the looks of things it looks like they are headed towards more servers/higher quality servers).

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
Yeah, that doesn't sound remotely like cockfights or dogfighting <sarcasm>. Not a good thing to introduce young minds to.
A young generation of Michael Vicks!