Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: After One Year, Enough is Enough

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aslanx View Post
    Looking at this thread, looks like a shield buff is coming soon ..hopefully
    Mage HP/Health/Dmg mechanics are the real issue. The mechanics need to be improved so that shield is a choice rather than a requirement. This would make it a compromise skill like every other. Our shield being too weak is not the issue; programming mechanics being weak is the issue. When I can one shot kill rogues on a regular basis and/or actually survive an opening volly without shield active I will be more content. Buffing shield to make mages almost invincible for 15 seconds to make up for the following 15 seconds of insta-death is not a 'fix' that will make anyone happy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nesox View Post
    Mage HP/Health/Dmg mechanics are the real issue. The mechanics need to be improved so that shield is a choice rather than a requirement. This would make it a compromise skill like every other. Our shield being too weak is not the issue; programming mechanics being weak is the issue. When I can one shot kill rogues on a regular basis and/or actually survive an opening volly without shield active I will be more content. Buffing shield to make mages almost invincible for 15 seconds to make up for the following 15 seconds of insta-death is not a 'fix' that will make anyone happy.
    All classes have some sort of requirement in PvP. For rogues, it's packs & aimed shot. For warriors, it's feeble, heal, and juggernaut. Mages have the most versatility in the sense that they only really need one skill: shield.

Should mages be buffed? Yes. However, it should be through their skills - not through their intended weaknesses.
    Last edited by Zeus; 09-28-2014 at 01:01 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Rogues are like assassins , a rogue's goal is to eliminate a target at it's weaker state , thats why rogues actually do the biggest amount of damage , and thats why rogues are fast and obviously provided with an anti-stun skill such as the " razor shield " , warriors AKA tanks are meant to cover and to tank , mages are meant to support , the game is designed for 5 vs 5 AKA clash AKA guildwars , thus rogues are meant to have the most amount of kills , if you would like to eliminate targets quickly be a rogue , if you would like to cover your team and heal them be a warrior , if you would like to deal a great amount of damage and stun your enemies leaving them defenseless before your assassins be a mage .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    Rogues are like assassins , a rogue's goal is to eliminate a target at it's weaker state , thats why rogues actually do the biggest amount of damage , and thats why rogues are fast and obviously provided with an anti-stun skill such as the " razor shield " , warriors AKA tanks are meant to cover and to tank , mages are meant to support , the game is designed for 5 vs 5 AKA clash AKA guildwars , thus rogues are meant to have the most amount of kills , if you would like to eliminate targets quickly be a rogue , if you would like to cover your team and heal them be a warrior , if you would like to deal a great amount of damage and stun your enemies leaving them defenseless before your assassins be a mage .
    Who said 5v5 has to be a guildwar, but I guess karma sees everything as one anyways ..... "JOIN NOW" "JOIIIIIIIN" "jjjjjjjjj its 4v1 we need another maul for the smurf!"...
    I think u get the message..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nesox View Post
    Yes!, so we need less cd time on mage shield, exactly ty! That's all mages need, even 3 more seconds could make a huge difference !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I'm really starting to get irritated because mods actually follow through with this if a lot are complaining if rogues get nerfed even more it won't be fun mages are fine... They are the most depended on classes In the game for gw's and every class was made different for a reason u can't expect every class to be even you gotta find ways to separate yourself from the rest by complaining about rogue damage youre just like every other mage. If i were a mage id i want to figure out a way to be unstoppable rather complain to the devs and make if easier also a mage is normally known for low armor and HP high mana etc in all games also you end gamers gotta start thinking about the lower levels because we're suffering here from the damage Nerf constant endless fights. :'(
    Last edited by Quickrr; 10-05-2014 at 06:01 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

If 90% of mages attack skills are nerffed to be useless...why arent the other 2 classes artack skills nerffed? We dont root freeze or hardly stun...why should aimed shot take armor add crit and add dmg everytime they fire it? Why should rogue and war skills work as intended when ours are basically worthless?

just another upbeat positive comment from your friendly neighborhood forumer 😆

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by phillyr View Post
    If 90% of mages attack skills are nerffed to be useless...why arent the other 2 classes artack skills nerffed? We dont root freeze or hardly stun...why should aimed shot take armor add crit and add dmg everytime they fire it? Why should rogue and war skills work as intended when ours are basically worthless?

just another upbeat positive comment from your friendly neighborhood forumer ��
    Why is rogue 10% damage nerfed in pvp? Why is warrior heal weakened in pvp?

Because they'd be fricken OP; just like some mage skills.

The nerfs apply to all classes, therefore that argument is invalid.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wyldstorm View Post
    2) It's an open secret the Rogues claim 23/25 spots on the Overall leaderboard for both CTF Kills and TDM Kills.

About midday Friday I added up the total kills of the top 25 for each class:

CTF 25 Kills
    Total 2,894,945
    Rogue 1,310,911
    Sorcerer 792,144
    Warrior 791,890

TDM 25 Kills
    Total 1,813,042
    Rogue 875,816
    Sorcerer 514,204
    Warrior 423,022

Please explain to me how this is class balance?

Lol. That's kind of a trick question. I would like to explain to you what I think class balance should be, but that will be in my next post tomorrow about this subject.
    All this shows is that more people use rogues to dummy farm. Everyone knows the pvp leaderboards are 80% dummy farmers. Rogues can move faster to their dummies by using shadow pierce, so this makes total sense. This has nothing to do with real pvp.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bless View Post

The 10% nerf they gain back from the first AS?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Quickrr View Post
    I'm really starting to get irritated because mods actually follow through with this if a lot are complaining if rogues get nerfed even more it won't be fun mages are fine... They are the most depended on classes In the game for gw's and every class was made different for a reason u can't expect every class to be even you gotta find ways to separate yourself from the rest by complaining about rogue damage youre just like every other mage. If i were a mage id i want to figure out a way to be unstoppable rather complain to the devs and make if easier also a mage is normally known for low armor and HP high mana etc in all games also you end gamers gotta start thinking about the lower levels because we're suffering here from the damage Nerf constant endless fights. :'(
    I for one dont want to see any nerfs of any class, I WOULD however like our armor values compensate for the insane dmg we are doing at top endgame gear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

You still don't get it mages aren't made to be over powered and have damage if you want that create a rogue if u want to tank everyone create a warrior every class has a purpose stop trying to make every class the same that's not how the devs wanted it, and if u have a problem with it you'll live because you're playing their game they don't have to change every spec of the game just for something so small such as damage.x

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Quickrr View Post
    You still don't get it mages aren't made to be over powered and have damage if you want that create a rogue if u want to tank everyone create a warrior every class has a purpose stop trying to make every class the same that's not how the devs wanted it, and if u have a problem with it you'll live because you're playing their game they don't have to change every spec of the game just for something so small such as damage.x
    If you actually read the post....I was talking about the usefulness of our skills not dmg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

the entire mage > rogue thing needs to stop.
    Why? Because rogues have higher stats in everything except mana (which a good rogue shouldn't have trouble with when fighting 1v1.)
    Sure we have a shield but really rogue can destroy shields in what 3-4 aim shots (or was it less) and the mage will have about 40% life left. No shield = game over

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Balanced classes???

Neither in PVP nor in PVE.....look at ALL leaderboardtables......TDM, CTF, Timeruns, Arena and so on.....u always need at least 2 rogues.

Why can we jump on LB with 2 tanks or 2 mages in a Party and only ONE rogue??????

AND THIS IS BALANCED???????

Dream on

IGN: HARTHOLZWURM; Endgamemage
    Weeeeew, i am a cool one ;-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

The 10% nerf they gain back from the first AS?

just another upbeat positive comment from your friendly neighborhood forumer ��
    It doesn't work that way, phillyr.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    296 Posts

You forgot the fact rogues dont get %dmg from pets :'(
    - (un) Retired -

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    It doesn't work that way, phillyr.
    Doesn't all damage % buffs (i.e. veil, and aimed shot damage addition) get affected by the nerf?
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Doesn't all damage % buffs (i.e. veil, and aimed shot damage addition) get affected by the nerf?
    Aimed Shot damage addition does not because it applies to your target & not to yourself - everything else does.