Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Item degradation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yes, 500k is only a fraction of mythic prices. But over time the price of legendaries will also increase due to added demand, so maybe we'll have 1m+ pinks in the future )

Anyway making players buy another pink is just one part of how this might work. The main problem (too much gold) can only be solved by this acting as a gold sink.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oelurak View Post
    The main problem (too much gold) can only be solved by this acting as a gold sink.
    Totally agree, and if not solved, it would at least be a major help to the problem by being a steady way to drain gold out of the economy.

Very nice. This idea is now Sera approved!
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Part of why I play this game is you dont need to repair items, put a durability on items making you repair em each time you spent that threshold is a major turn off.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by epicrrr View Post
    Part of why I play this game is you dont need to repair items, put a durability on items making you repair em each time you spent that threshold is a major turn off.
    It is a decent concept for a gold sink though. At least you don't lose your gear to the mobs when you die (hate games that do that) and it would never break totally.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

An off topic: There was a pvp game which I used to play where your items used to get broken after some particular time of fights. You also had to keep alot of repair kits just like pots so when your items get broken you had to go to your inventory fast and repair the item and equip the repaired item again. Haha it take skills to do that while fighting players.
    Also item's durability used to differ from item to item. Most damaging items were usually easily broken. The durability was also a factor to decide the price tag of an item

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    An off topic: There was a pvp game which I used to play where your items used to get broken after some particular time of fights. You also had to keep alot of repair kits just like pots so when your items get broken you had to go to your inventory fast and repair the item and equip the repaired item again. Haha it take skills to do that while fighting players.
    Also item's durability used to differ from item to item. Most damaging items were usually easily broken. The durability was also a factor to decide the price tag of an item
    Lol. Was durability a listed stat or a hidden one?

Maybe devs can introduce such a stat in AL too, although it could make things overly-confusing :$
    Last edited by Oelurak; 11-13-2014 at 09:41 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Lol. Was durability a listed stat or a hidden one?

Maybe devs can introduce such a stat in AL too, although it could make things overly-confusing :$
    Durability was listed stat.
    Like 0/20. This is repaired/ new gear. Damage is 0. Durability is 20. When it gets 20/20 it is broken and need to be repaired.
    Most durable stuffs used to be like 0/500.

Needless to say a 0/500 or 20/500 damaged gear cost a little bit more in auction than same gear but 400/500 damaged stat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by epicrrr View Post
    I agree with you. I don't want to keep paying for my gear after I've already bought it. Knowing sts if they implemented something like this it wouldn't only be a set gold amount but time as well. Like 24 hours to fix that you'd need to speed up with plat. Or repair kits for plat etc.

I think it's an interesting idea but not one I'd personally like to see implemented. 10% of players have the gold to do this over an extended period of time. The rest of us would be left farming lockeds non-stop just to cover repair costs. Not to mention we would have 5 items to keep up with.
    Last edited by Raregem; 11-13-2014 at 11:59 AM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raregem For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

I think its pretty obvious by now that although the plat farming might have been stopped, the impact that it has had on AL's economy is proving to be very lasting. Plat farming introduced a ginormous amount of gold into the market, leading to hyperinflation of elite gear, pushing it far out reach for the vast majority of players. Sir Spendsalot, the friendly NPCs, and the other gold sinks might be removing gold, but it doesn't seem to have much impact on the prices of mythic/arcane gear. So I thought of something that might help, plz write below why you think its a good/bad idea Sorry for the wordiness
    What I propose is that every time you fight, there is a small chance that a part of your gear breaks, and will require repairs before it can be used again. These repairs, of course, will require gold and time to carry out. This will reduce the price of top-grade weapons not only by removing gold from the economy, but by also requiring players to keep multiple gear pieces if they wish to continue fighting while their broken gear is being repaired. This means that players will now have to use the same amount of gold to buy more gear, reducing demand for the over-expensive top-tier gears.
    The first downside is that this may act as a disincentive to farming, resulting in a drop in supply of legendary gear, which can be both a good and a bad thing. The second, more obvious downside is that people (particularly newbs) will be driven away from the game due to frustration. To counter this, the chance of your gear breaking should be proportional to the level of your opponent (which makes sense both theoretically and practically). The gold cost of repairing your gear can also be dynamically variable, based on the amount of gold being introduced into the market through loot drops. The more archon rings are being looted, the more Baldur will charge to repair your weapon.
    What do you guys think?
    No...just no. I really don't lime the idea because to get best gear is already hard/expensive and then you'll have to repair it ? Nonono

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Nice idea mate , hope this doesn't end like minecraft tho

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

My mythic gear lasts one season before something better comes along and aswell as it having a short use peorid you want it to degrade/crack nty

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

*Liquidates gears and quits game

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Im afraid to spend my gold in gear bcs of the change in price it can have thats why im always going around with cheap vanity