Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Kill counts

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Honestly I don't see why PvE leaderboards are that much of a concern. For me a PvE leaderboard = "who has nothing important to do with their lives and can grind the most?". Then again I suppose any leaderboards could be thought of the same way...*hides and prepares to get flamed*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dbawlz View Post
    Your missing the point leaderboards dont cater to peoples start playing date. Ever. What planet are you from. so everytime a new player joins a game we should just reset everything so he has a fair chance. get real.
    where in my post does it say that reset everything... i didnt say a word about resetting can't you read? i said just dont start a PVE leaderboard because its useless and pointless to start one at this time in the game... when PVP comes out the PVP leaderboard is gonna matter though like i said in my post... stop putting words in my mouth
    Smokestar - Lvl 77 Pure Dex Bird
    FAMILY NOOBSFORLIFE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I guess you have never really watche his kill count. Since the change was made to the system that only allowed kills in the dungeon of your lvl he has continuosly gone up. He has racked up at least 5k only in swamps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smokester View Post
    where in my post does it say that reset everything... i didnt say a word about resetting can't you read? i said just dont start a PVE leaderboard because its useless and pointless to start one at this time in the game... when PVP comes out the PVP leaderboard is gonna matter though like i said in my post... stop putting words in my mouth
    No just no. There is a point to making pve leaderboards because its a tracked stat. Thats MY point to counter your point of them being useless just because you slept on downloading this game brah

Ex. I play baseball so when they start tracking new stats like they do every year they should just not have leaderboards for that because people might get drafted after they start.

Boom

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dbawlz View Post
    No just no. There is a point to making pve leaderboards because its a tracked stat. Thats MY point to counter your point of them being useless just because you slept on downloading this game brah

Ex. I play baseball so when they start tracking new stats like they do every year they should just not have leaderboards for that because people might get drafted after they start.

Boom
    ok "brah" for your information i didn't sleep on downloading this game wat are you talking about man... my bow bear, which i started around that time of the update where kills wit no exp dont count, has 6991 kills and an archer that i started over after the update because my stats/skills were screwed up has now 4500 kills... and i just started a tank because i got bored and have 2000 kills in three days lmao... pve leaderboards are pointless who wants to brag about how many mobs they killed good for you if you think thats important but whats gonna be important is how many players you've slayed when the new update comes out

BOOM
    Last edited by smokester; 05-21-2010 at 05:31 PM.
    Smokestar - Lvl 77 Pure Dex Bird
    FAMILY NOOBSFORLIFE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I really don't care either way, but if you're going to have leader boards, one way of completely ignoring this problem would be to have leader boards that are time based (top kills over the last trailing 7 days for example). That way newer players have a chance and any future rule change will last max 7 days on the leader boards.
    ---
    Enchantress: falseprophet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Your right about one thing son!

Quote Originally Posted by smokester View Post
    ok "brah" for your information i didn't sleep on downloading this game wat are you talking about man... my bow bear has 6500 kills and thats after they updated to where kills in the lower dungeons dont count... and i just started a tank because i got bored and have 2000 kills in three days lmao... pve leaderboards are pointless who wants to brag about how many mobs they killed good for you if you think thats important but whats gonna be important is how many players you've slayed when the new update comes out

BOOM
    Im not defending the people that want to brag about the farmed kills they have im just being a neutral party man. I have like prob around 6k kills on my bear which is nothing because i dont farm i play for fun and then when im bored i go to a bar and drink and do other such things BUT you are right its all about pvp man im pretty sure ill be pretty dominant like i was in wow its all about awareness baby and with only two other classes to worry about it will be cake for most experienced pvpers!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nerdherd View Post
    Honestly I don't see why PvE leaderboards are that much of a concern. For me a PvE leaderboard = "who has nothing important to do with their lives and can grind the most?". Then again I suppose any leaderboards could be thought of the same way...*hides and prepares to get flamed*
    Lol yea it doesn't mean much saying something like this. The 'you have no life' arguement lost its punch years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ojilles View Post
    I really don't care either way, but if you're going to have leader boards, one way of completely ignoring this problem would be to have leader boards that are time based (top kills over the last trailing 7 days for example). That way newer players have a chance and any future rule change will last max 7 days on the leader boards.
    Yea I agree with this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ojilles View Post
    Yes this is a great idea. Have both overall leaderboards and time based leaderboards. Possibly another stat that could be more important than kill count would be kill/death ratio? It should be separated by class probably, since it's probably a lot easier to die with some classes compared to others. As to the original question, keep the kill tracker the way it is now. It is a lot harder to kill crocs than it is to kill zombies, knights, and skeletons; so people should not get credit for killing easier enemies. That being said, if people have already dedicated the time to their kill counts, then obviously they should be allowed to keep them (not part of the question, but apparently has become the question since the thread started).