Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Frost-Touched Mythic Weapon - Need to add more Proc

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #11
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Hey guys,

I'm taking a peak under the hood on these and here's what I've found.

Frost Touched Bulwark:
    The proc rate for this weapon is actually pretty high. The default attack has a higher proc rate then the Elondrian Bulwark, and in my opinion doesn't need to be changed from what I can see and how it feels when playing with it.

Frost Touched Bow:
    The proc rate on this is actually lower than the Elondrian Bow, but not by much. The charged proc is also a little lower. This is probably a good candidate to have its proc rate improved to help make it feel more frequent.

Are there issues with the proc itself when it goes off? Or does the proc feel pretty good and just not frequent enough?

Frost Touched Rifle
    The proc data-wise looks like its currently working as designed, however there may be a misunderstanding about how it works. The current implementation applies a stacking effect with every shot, charged or not. The first hit applies a 20% reduction in movement, then 40%, 60%, 80%, then freezes on the 5th one. The applied slow effects drop off after about 4 seconds, so on a single target should stack up appropriately with a constant rate of fire. This also does not apply to Bosses, much like other freezes and stuns don't for the most part. If we wanted to revisit the idea of allowing some form of CC on bosses that might be an idea to play with.

There are a couple things we could do to this one to make it feel more appropriate. I'm thinking that maybe instead of a 20/40/60/80/100, it's 33/66/100 and completes the cycle in three shots. In PvP this would also then be susceptible to stun immunities as the frequency of freeze would be quite high. Adding the ability to apply an AoE version on a charged shot, and randomly on a non-charged shot might also be fun to play with.

Interested in thoughts and feedback, thanks guys!
    Last edited by Carapace; 01-08-2015 at 06:58 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com