Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1155

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Anime Lovers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Virai View Post
    Then why even post here?
    Two reasons. The first being that I needed 10 posts, and the second one is that there is no "I don't watch anime" place I could talk about how we don't watch anime, so I had to post here. Why? Because I felt like it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Debate View Post
    Two reasons. The first being that I needed 10 posts, and the second one is that there is no "I don't watch anime" place I could talk about how we don't watch anime, so I had to post here. Why? Because I felt like it.
    You know that trolling will get you a forums ban? That being said, do you really want banned on this nice new shinny acct of yours :3
    Last edited by Visiting; 02-09-2015 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Tf typo
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Visiting For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ralchior View Post
    You know that trolling will get you a forums ban? That being said, do you really want banned on this nice new shinny acct of yours :3
    No trolling intended. I was just stating my opinion with no harrasment to yours. I respect your opinion on anime and I am well aware that I am in a huge minority here. I will elaborate, just to show that I am not here to troll. I grew up with cartoons and watched shows like Dragon ball. They were just some fun ways to start each sommer morning when I was at my gandma's, because we had no TV programmes that aired anime at home. We only had german programmes like nick and super RTL, which never aired anime. I was obsessed with cartoons my whole life (Avatar: the last airbender, Avatar: legend of Korra, Spongebob, The Fairly Odd Parents, Oggy and the Cockroaches, Doug, The Ren & Stimpy Show, Rocko's Modern Life, Hey Arnold, The Angry Beavers, CatDog, Invader Zim, ChalkZone, Jimmy Neutron, Danny Phantom, Simpsons, Kim Possible, Recess, Pink Panther, The Smurfs, TaleSpin).

I just wanted to let you know that there are people out there who love cartoons, are aware of the exsistance of anime, but simply don't like it.

Anime just seems "generic" to me. The story and the artstyle. I can't stand spiky hair or big unwieldy swords in fantasy settings. This conclusion of course comes from very little experience with anime, I admit that. I simply can't force myself to watch it, sorry. If anyone has any suggestions on some anime though, that could change my opinion on it and get me hooked in just a few episodes, please post. I am open minded.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

No trolling intended. I was just stating my opinion with no harrasment to yours. I respect your opinion on anime and I am well aware that I am in a huge minority here. I will elaborate, just to show that I am not here to troll. I grew up with cartoons and watched shows like Dragon ball. They were just some fun ways to start each sommer morning when I was at my gandma's, because we had no TV programmes that aired anime at home. We only had german programmes like nick and super RTL, which never aired anime. I was obsessed with cartoons my whole life (Avatar: the last airbender, Avatar: legend of Korra, Spongebob, The Fairly Odd Parents, Oggy and the Cockroaches, Doug, The Ren & Stimpy Show, Rocko's Modern Life, Hey Arnold, The Angry Beavers, CatDog, Invader Zim, ChalkZone, Jimmy Neutron, Danny Phantom, Simpsons, Kim Possible, Recess, Pink Panther, The Smurfs, TaleSpin).

I just wanted to let you know that there are people out there who love cartoons, are aware of the exsistance of anime, but simply don't like it.

Anime just seems "generic" to me. The story and the artstyle. I can't stand spiky hair or big unwieldy swords in fantasy settings. This conclusion of course comes from very little experience with anime, I admit that. I simply can't force myself to watch it, sorry. If anyone has any suggestions on some anime though, that could change my opinion on it and get me hooked in just a few episodes, please post. I am open minded.
    Sorry for my hasty judgment, the tone you evoked in your original post(s) had a trollish feel ^_^. That being said, tell me what you want to see in a show, and I can gladly point you in a direction that you'd probably enjoy. (I personally dislike the "spiky hair/humongous sword stereotype too.)
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

he wasnt trolling he just wanted to debate. i mean just look at his name

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ralchior View Post
    Sorry for my hasty judgment, the tone you evoked in your original post(s) had a trollish feel ^_^. That being said, tell me what you want to see in a show, and I can gladly point you in a direction that you'd probably enjoy. (I personally dislike the "spiky hair/humongous sword stereotype too.)
    Hm. My moods can change, but right now I could watch something adventurous that is not sci-fi.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

May it be violent or rather something comedic?

Plz speak noobish XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonousfrog View Post
    May it be violent or rather something comedic?
    Either, or both. Doesn't matter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Adventure, non sci-fi:

-Samurai Champloo
    -Claymore
    -Sword Art Online
    -Magi: The Kingdom of Magi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Sword art online is kind of sci-fi
    The most hillarous comedy - beelzebub
    Hajime no ippo - slow in the starting but gets really intetesting later
    Kuroko no basket

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Neutrone View Post
    BTW what chapter is the manga? I stopped on like 50 something
    Chapter 57 of Akame ga Kill should be available by the end of the month
    Last edited by Andee; 02-14-2015 at 05:33 PM. Reason: left something out

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Andee For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Andee View Post
    Chapter 57 of Akame ga Kill should be available by the end of the month
    Ah thanks for the info!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts

Ummmm Dragon balls, last air ender and legend of korra are anime's

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neutrone View Post
    Ummmm Dragon balls, last air ender and legend of korra are anime's
    Dragon Balls is, yes. That was my point. I said we didn't have any TV programmes at home that aired anime and therefore I feel absolutely no nostalgia towards anime and I think some nostalgia is necessary, since I see no reason why anybody would like that generic style.

The Avatar series is not anime. The show is produced in America, and only borows some imagery and philosophy of ancient asian cultures.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Debate For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

The Avatar series is not anime. The show is produced in America, and only borows some imagery and philosophy of ancient asian cultures.
    In partnership with a few Korean animation studios.

It's worth mentioning that "anime" in Japan is used to reference all forms of animation, regardless of whether or not it is native.

Oh, and from Wikipedia:
    Arguably, the stylization approach to the meaning may open up the possibility of anime produced in countries other than Japan.
    It's a gray area, and open to interpretation.

Of course, the anime genre has some of the worst fangirls out there, so good luck explaining any of this to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Hmm, recently started Rage of Bahamut: Genesis, despite that I knew nothing about the game(s), currently at ep 6, and find myself enjoying this series more than most series. For once, we get a MC who isn't a stereotypical copy and pasteaon character, always a plus, the art style is refreshing, the OP is possibly one of my favorites ever (if only for the song XD), PLUS Necromancer Zombie Loli FTW!
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Oh my those cartoon shows you listed bring back some memories

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Sigh Tokyo ghoul is getting depressing. Parasyte is still top. 7 deadly sins is epic, tell me merlin isn't hot.

Watched a little of death parade and assassination classroom both of them are good.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Universalpro View Post
    Sword art online is kind of sci-fi
    The most hillarous comedy - beelzebub
    Hajime no ippo - slow in the starting but gets really intetesting later
    Kuroko no basket
    I finished Beelzebub about 4 month ago, but bro, it kept in my hearth

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Astrea View Post
    Yeah that one is good i already watch it XD

Opai!!
    Then High School Of Dead, if you owned that i just can say 'Nazo No Kanojo X', that one is dope