Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Exclusive vanities being given out which you unfairly cannot get.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grzena1982 View Post
    I have reported you for being very abusive throughout this thread. You bring absolutely nothing to this discussion, 0.
    K, idc

A tip maybe don't make useless threads?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

I see the people get some of the vanity winners get some enjoyement out of other peoples misfortune of not knowing anything about this contest or any exclusice sts prize.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

The thread is going nowhere, please close the thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

It has been about bad timing and how this been announced.

Ask yourself one question, would you like in the future have a fair chance at gaining any exclusive rewards?
    VANITY AS PRIZE:
    I did not see a problem at all. Vanities are often prizes in contests, as are eggs, plat, etc. It often depends on the participation. When a player event gets great participation, STS often comes in and gives the players a reward. And no, no one knows whether it's a vanity or not.

ANNOUNCEMENT:
    I saw the STS secret prize BEFORE the contest started and yes, it was a factor in my participation. I was, however, already interested from reading the Planning thread. That Planning thread was around for such a long time, I was wondering whether the contest was forgotten.

I saw the contest Tour Week 1 post NOT by accessing the contest section but by looking at new posts, which is how I usually see what's new in the forums. Sometimes I check individual forums, but mostly I just see what's new.

When I saw that, I also went back to check the Planning post, just to catch up.

When I saw that Week 1 was easy runs, of course, it was a no brainer. Just a few minutes to see what the secret prize might be and have some fun in the meantime. I figure I can do a day or so a week to participate. Of course, now that we're at harder elites, it's taking more time, but it's still interesting.

So sorry, but all I see is complaining. Those interested in contests would have checked out prizes and the contests to see whether one might be interesting and doable.

For me, the Tour happens to be both.

I still think whoever was unaware really made a choice to not dig further into the Tour.
    Last edited by Fyrce; 02-20-2015 at 02:31 PM.

Star light, star bright...

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Appeltjes View Post
    K, idc

A tip maybe don't make useless threads?
    Did you win the vanity? If yes then good for you, enjoy it, nobody is trying to take it away from you.
    This doesn't give you the right to insult other peoples threads for having their own opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Dear Arlor,

All of the suggestions on this thread have been taken to heart by everyone behind the scenes in the Tour of Arlor. I can promise you that we have put forth our very best efforts to make this as fair/fun/available as possible to every single one person that is an end-game PvE runner. There are some very good points in here, including ways to announce to more players in the future that something like this is going down. We are not StS employees so our hands are tied as far as laying in announcements in the game, and we try and not pester the devs/mods too much with requests of such.

You are all important, including your suggestions on here. The best that we can do is take them and implement then next year when we launch the Tour of Arlor again. Your heated comments I know are because you care about this community and the game, and it's OK if we don't see eye-to-eye all the time. That is what the forums are for, to voice what you feel is right in the game.

With that said, the people who have sponsored this event are not going to change the rules. We won't be allowing you to go back and complete Weeks 1 and 2 so you can get a vanity. The vanity won't become tradeable. It is at this point moving forward and with the thousands of players who have chosen to participate in the contest a done deal. Please be respectful and don't try and tear down what we have created by picking this apart. If you perpetuate this negativity and buzz the contest in this light, I can assure you that StS and your hard-working hosts will never sponsor an event like this again.

Respectfully, please move on and let's cheer on the players and guilds who are still running hard in the contest.

See you in the game.

Regards,
    Candy

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    VANITY AS PRIZE:
    I did not see a problem at all. Vanities are often prizes in contests, as are eggs, plat, etc. It often depends on the participation. When a player event gets great participation, STS often comes in and gives the players a reward. And no, no one knows whether it's a vanity or not.

ANNOUNCEMENT:
    I saw the STS secret prize BEFORE the contest started and yes, it was a factor in my participation. I was, however, already interested from reading the Planning thread. That Planning thread was around for such a long time, I was wondering whether the contest was forgotten.

I saw the contest Tour Week 1 post NOT by accessing the contest section but by looking at new posts, which is how I usually see what's new in the forums. Sometimes I check individual forums, but mostly I just see what's new.

When I saw that, I also went back to check the Planning post, just to catch up.

When I saw that Week 1 was easy runs, of course, it was a no brainer. Just a few minutes to see what the secret prize might be and have some fun in the meantime. I figure I can do a day or so a week to participate. Of course, now that we're at harder elites, it's taking more time, but it's still interesting.

So sorry, but all I see is complaining. Those interested in contests would have checked out prizes and the contests to see whether one might be interesting and doable.

For me, the Tour happens to be both.

I still think whoever was unaware really made a choice to not dig further into the Tour.
    I understand what you are saying, but should I then take part in every contest on there including designing sigs to not missed out on exlusive content being given out. I am challenging exactly that. All i am saying is announce it, dont change it, and let us fight for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

I understand what you are saying, but should I then take part in every contest on there including designing sigs to not missed out on exlusive content bring given out. I am challenging exactly that. All i am saying is announce it, dont change it, and let us fight for it.
    It clearly said "secret sts prize"...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

As many of you know, I hold A LOT of events, typically funded by just me. Many of my events have had an STS donation of platinum, which is one of the benefits of STS having such a good relationship with the community here.

Months ago, I decided to quit the game, gave all of my gold and gear to my guildmaster to be used strictly to fund contests for both in guild and public. Weeks later, after non-stop PMs, emails, LINE messages, etc., I decided to return, and play this game for the community, to create more guides and to give more than I take. This contest is my Magnum Opus, and the most pure representation of all that I intend to do for this community, namely to rekindle interest in Elite PvE, to get guilds active, running and cooperating, to make tanks an integral part of gameplay, to encourage people to run with new players, and to generally get players engaged once again.

Weeks of planning, taking to friends, setting up the rules in a way that is fair to all PvE players and a simple request to STS for something special are where this whole concept began. Initially, given that this is a month long event, and requires a certain level of committment, I asked for a banner. The initial answer was no. I persisted and said this is a commitment, and initially requested an existing vanity as a prize. The response from STS was that they could do a rename of an existing vanity and I thought that was pretty neat. Finally, I said, if the Designers have some spare time, a recolor of an existing vanity would be pretty cool, but my expectations were quite low, since if they could not do a banner, they probably didn't have time for a recolor either.

Either way, I started the contest, not having a final answer from STS; hence the nebulous "special prize from STS".

Ultimately, my intention was to give the community something special that EVERYONE could attain, but only if they participated fully. There are a lot of items in game which are realistically achievable for <1% of the population, and the last thing I wanted was a Leader Board style item where only the wealthy, max geared players would stand a chance of winning.

Many things in this game cater to the 1%, everything from Leader Boards to Event winners, and so the mainstream population receive nothing, and to tell you the truth, they don't even stand a chance. We have PvP contests which are dominated by a handful of maxed out players from twink to endgame. We have events which require millions in energy to even have a sniff at the top 25. There should be something for the rest of the population, which is what this is all about.

And now, shortly after I received confirmation and screenshots that these recolored vanities would be the prize, I see a bunch of these 1 Percenters complaining about how unfair this is. These same players, who weren't interested in participating, who already have all of everything are somehow offended that there is something which they will never be able to get.

Many of you speak of fairness and equality, yet laugh at the paltry 35m and mythic eggs that are the main prize in this event. Some of you say you want this vanity to be tradeable, because you don't want to be bothered to run, but you do want the vanity and 35m is nothing to you. You tell me that you have banners from every event and if you would have known, only then would you have participated. In an event all about unity and fun, you have chosen to focus on a VANITY, and not the camaraderie and fun.

Meanwhile, we have undergeared legendary players grinding hard, players running with more guild members now than they ever have before, guilds working together to help eachother, players learning new strategies on old maps, elite activity at levels that rival what you would see when a new expansion drops, but all these benefits go unseen because some of you are fixated on a vanity.

Is a vanity so important to you that you would cheapen the whole experience, you would set the world on fire because there is something in game which you do not possess? You would go to STS and complain about inequality and unfairness when you are fully maxed out, have tens of millions in stash, already have all other exclusive items, and covet what amounts to little more than a participation award?

If the STS prize were anything other than a vanity, NONE of you complaining now would even care. All this drama over something that makes you look pretty and doesn't improve stats or gameplay in any way...

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

11. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

I am writing this on my phone as I am waiting for my net to be installed, thus ill be updating this thread as quickly as i can to properly portray the whole picture of this case.

So, roughly at the same time as the Gauntlet event was running there has been a contest announced in the contest section of this forum, which clearly stated given prices ranging between gold payouts to grimm eggs. The contest was supposed to take 3 weeks to complete with prices being rewarded every week to the lucky winners.

Now, i.e., two weeks later, when the contest edges its end we find out that STS is going to reward all participants with EXCLUSIVE VANITIES, which you cannot get in any other way if u did not joined in the beginning of it.

So, whoever was running the official Gauntlet event, may feel a bit disappointed now knowing there is absolutely no chance to win this exclusive items. One may only wonder why STS would not officially announce this? Is this another one event with prices comparable with the Ursume event, not in terms of aesthetics, but variety?

The link to the appropriate thread:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-Tour-of-Arlor

Vanities you have missed out:
    Attachment 125115
    Attachment 125116
    Attachment 125117
    Part of the truth is:

People who just knew about it will fight to obtain it.

People who are getting it will fight to keep it unique for them.

If it's your case, go for common sense: make it equal for all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoonclaws View Post
    Part of the truth is:

People who just knew about it will fight to obtain it.

People who are getting it will fight to keep it unique for them.

If it's your case, go for common sense: make it equal for all.
    1). Nobody knew about it....
    2). Ofcourse they will, it's something that displays what you have worked for.
    3). It is equal to all.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    As many of you know, I hold A LOT of events, typically funded by just me. Many of my events have had an STS donation of platinum, which is one of the benefits of STS having such a good relationship with the community here.

Months ago, I decided to quit the game, gave all of my gold and gear to my guildmaster to be used strictly to fund contests for both in guild and public. Weeks later, after non-stop PMs, emails, LINE messages, etc., I decided to return, and play this game for the community, to create more guides and to give more than I take. This contest is my Magnum Opus, and the most pure representation of all that I intend to do for this community, namely to rekindle interest in Elite PvE, to get guilds active, running and cooperating, to make tanks an integral part of gameplay, to encourage people to run with new players, and to generally get players engaged once again.

Weeks of planning, taking to friends, setting up the rules in a way that is fair to all PvE players and a simple request to STS for something special are where this whole concept began. Initially, given that this is a month long event, and requires a certain level of committment, I asked for a banner. The initial answer was no. I persisted and said this is a commitment, and initially requested an existing vanity as a prize. The response from STS was that they could do a rename of an existing vanity and I thought that was pretty neat. Finally, I said, if the Designers have some spare time, a recolor of an existing vanity would be pretty cool, but my expectations were quite low, since if they could not do a banner, they probably didn't have time for a recolor either.

Either way, I started the contest, not having a final answer from STS; hence the nebulous "special prize from STS".

Ultimately, my intention was to give the community something special that EVERYONE could attain, but only if they participated fully. There are a lot of items in game which are realistically achievable for <1% of the population, and the last thing I wanted was a Leader Board style item where only the wealthy, max geared players would stand a chance of winning.

Many things in this game cater to the 1%, everything from Leader Boards to Event winners, and so the mainstream population receive nothing, and to tell you the truth, they don't even stand a chance. We have PvP contests which are dominated by a handful of maxed out players from twink to endgame. We have events which require millions in energy to even have a sniff at the top 25. There should be something for the rest of the population, which is what this is all about.

And now, shortly after I received confirmation and screenshots that these recolored vanities would be the prize, I see a bunch of these 1 Percenters complaining about how unfair this is. These same players, who weren't interested in participating, who already have all of everything are somehow offended that there is something which they will never be able to get.

Many of you speak of fairness and equality, yet laugh at the paltry 35m and mythic eggs that are the main prize in this event. Some of you say you want this vanity to be tradeable, because you don't want to be bothered to run, but you do want the vanity and 35m is nothing to you. You tell me that you have banners from every event and if you would have known, only then would you have participated. In an event all about unity and fun, you have chosen to focus on a VANITY, and not the camaraderie and fun.

Meanwhile, we have undergeared legendary players grinding hard, players running with more guild members now than they ever have before, guilds working together to help eachother, players learning new strategies on old maps, elite activity at levels that rival what you would see when a new expansion drops, but all these benefits go unseen because some of you are fixated on a vanity.

Is a vanity so important to you that you would cheapen the whole experience, you would set the world on fire because there is something in game which you do not possess? You would go to STS and complain about inequality and unfairness when you are fully maxed out, have tens of millions in stash, already have all other exclusive items, and covet what amounts to little more than a participation award?

If the STS prize were anything other than a vanity, NONE of you complaining now would even care. All this drama over something that makes you look pretty and doesn't improve stats or gameplay in any way...
    Let this thread end, we have all said what we wanted.
    Last edited by grzena1982; 02-20-2015 at 03:09 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

I dont see why would you get involved in this and attack us when you clearly see this is another issue of miscommunication. Besides, I am sure when you played the game you were driven to look pretty yourself. The whole purpose of me playing is to look nice and shiny and have a fun with my pals for as long as my old fingers let me. For the benefit of us all, items like this should be adequately announced.
    You've clearly never met kali...

And he might get involved because he's the main creator of this contest...
    Last edited by Appeltjes; 02-20-2015 at 03:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

I havent readed it after page 3 but life is with up and downs its like climbing a mounten you climb and you fal then you can chooce crying in an corner because you fal or you go further up again.
    I havnt participate the contest why? I only log in to talk to my guild to give frendly people gold away about 50-100k a day until i run out of gold because its hard to give away whe you dont have it @.@
    But its for you you wil cry because you didnt participate? Or are you going further farming in the game?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Sorry to all that feel left out. I personally haven't run at all but come on... This should be a thread about celebration. The fact that this is sponsored and run entirely by Kali and candy and whomever else is incredible. Everyone that put this together has my highest praise. Nobody knew a vanity would be the secret prize from sts. Feel free to pm the ONLY people that can change this in the future (sts employees). None of the people that put this event on did anything wrong at all, nor should they change anything now. If you'd like sts to know the prize quicker and announce it, send them a pm.

This event is spectacular. To those that missed out, if it doesn't change, I suppose you now know to check players contest thread. It's clear that this was no small contest, it's all over chat box and all over arlor. Congrats to the runners and a massive thanks to any and everyone that donated time or gold to this contest. Heck... It makes me wanna donate!!

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Kriticality For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nevercan View Post
    I havent readed it after page 3 but life is with up and downs its like climbing a mounten you climb and you fal then you can chooce crying in an corner because you fal or you go further up again.
    I havnt participate the contest why? I only log in to talk to my guild to give frendly people gold away about 50-100k a day until i run out of gold because its hard to give away whe you dont have it @.@
    But its for you you wil cry because you didnt participate? Or are you going further farming in the game?
    Not crying, just i not gonna buy any platinum anymore
    Lvl46 Rogue - Enterradora || Lvl46 Mage - Enterradori || Lvl41 Warrior - Enterradore

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Enterradora View Post
    u are a kid?

why keep having no respect calling me lazy? I run every day 30 times planar tombs 3 and 20+ arena runs. (note here, i have work, u are jobless or u still go to school?)

Why i should run for some gold or grimm eggs(sold 35 in halloween event owned running).

and for ur last line of that comment, yes u are a kiddo, don't reply me again, i won't read ur comment and talk to someone who can't understand, its like talk whit the wall
    You didnt answer my question because you know you got no ground in this arguement now your calling me a kid to make yourself look good. I didnt disrespect you but you are worthy of being called lazy if you cant put in a few hours to find out what a secret prize is. You run PT3 30 times a day? Thats like a few hours. Take an hour out and put it into a contest isnt hard. And calling me a kid makes me doubt you are 27. I study all day just like you work so dont assume Im on 24/7 as I rarely get time to run. But I still ran to find out what the prize was, and it was well worth it. Own up to your own mistakes dont go round flaming others. Oh and I still want an answer to my question. Whos fault is it that you didnt run?
    Last edited by Titanfall; 02-20-2015 at 03:17 PM.

Turn your CAN'TS into CANS and your DREAMS into PLANS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kriticality View Post
    Sorry to all that feel left out. I personally haven't run at all but come on... This should be a thread about celebration. The fact that this is sponsored and run entirely by Kali and candy and whomever else is incredible. Everyone that put this together has my highest praise. Nobody knew a vanity would be the secret prize from sts. Feel free to pm the ONLY people that can change this in the future (sts employees). None of the people that put this event on did anything wrong at all, nor should they change anything now. If you'd like sts to know the prize quicker and announce it, send them a pm.

This event is spectacular. To those that missed out, if it doesn't change, I suppose you now know to check players contest thread. It's clear that this was no small contest, it's all over chat box and all over arlor. Congrats to the runners and a massive thanks to any and everyone that donated time or gold to this contest. Heck... It makes me wanna donate!!
    already made, no reply

massive? Its mainly 4-5 guilds who participed
    Last edited by Enterradora; 02-20-2015 at 03:20 PM.
    Lvl46 Rogue - Enterradora || Lvl46 Mage - Enterradori || Lvl41 Warrior - Enterradore

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Not crying, just i not gonna buy any platinum anymore
    OMG seriously???
    Thats just being childish and is making people laugh at you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

already made, no reply

massive? Its mainly 4-5 guilds who participed
    Care to go look at the contest standings again, Instead of flaming and trying to make the contest look bad because of your jealousy?