Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: [L41 PvP Rogue Tournament]: iDeadshot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amokaachi View Post
    Will this rule stay?
    Yes - both parties agreed to keep score as it is tho since they were both evenly matched. Thus, this is why I let it slide.

I think in the future, what I will do is if someone cannot win by 20-16 or more, the matches will be done as best of 3. So, for example, if Inotrich fought Ser and the score was: 20-17 and they versed again, & score was again 20-17, Inotrich would win by default due to best of 3. This of course will only apply if one is not able to win by 20-16 or more.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Hello all,

This is a tournament designed for L41 Rogues! Have you come to prove yourself? Sign up!

I. Tournament Bracket:
    L41

II. Tournament Class:
    Rogue

III. Tournament Time:
    The tournament will begin as soon as slots fill up. Once slots fill up, contestants will have a week to schedule and fight their match as per rules. Please, read all the rules. By entering this tournament, you are acknowledging that you have read all the rules and everything within the original post (#1).

IV. Scorekeeping
    Each tournament match will consist of 1 game, open map CTF where 2 rogues will be set to face each other in a race to 20. The first rogue to 20 will win and advance to the next round. All necessary screenshots must be posted on this tournament thread or private messaged to me.

V. Rules:
    - No Arcane Rings
    - Pet Allowed: Malison*
    - Gear Allowed: Mythic Helm, Mythic Armor, Planar Pendant, Elo Bow/Frost Bow/Ghoulish Blades of Force, Mythic Ring
    - Please complete registration properly according to sample registration section.
    - No Trash Talking
    - No Spawning
    - No Abusing Spawn Bubbles
    - First to 20 Wins!
    - No Vanities Permitted
    - No Camera Unlocked will be allowed!
    - Bow stuns will not be allowed.
    - Hide Helm Option NOT Permitted
    - Screenshot before match begins declaring it is an official match must be posted.
    - Screenshot after match with final score announced by both players must be posted.
    - Once a round begins, players will have 1 week to schedule a match with their opponent and fight.
    - A screenshot of agreed match time for both players must be shown/posted in thread. If a player does not show up at agreed time, the other player that has must show proof that he/she was online at scheduled time and he/she will be advanced to next round.
    - Spectators must stay out of contestant's way. They will only be allowed to watch from within a spawn room.
    - A match must be won by 4 or more. If not, you will have to re-do match until the winner is in lead by 4 or more.
    - Semi Finals & Finals will be best of 3.
    - Leaving the match to avoid death will not be allowed.

*= You are allowed to match arcane pets if both competitors have the EXACT SAME arcane pet. So, Samael for Samael, Nekro for Nekro, etc.

VI. Screenshots Required for Each Match:
    - Screenshot of scheduled match time.
    - Screenshot before match, declaring it as an official match
    - Screenshot after match with final score announced by both players.

VII. How To Register:
    Click the following link:
    - http://www.spacetimestudios.com/tour...?do=view&id=67
    - Go to bottom of page
    - Click Join Tournament Link
    - Post on Tournament Thread w/ your character name, forum name, pet, gear, and weapon.

Sample Post:

VIII. Prizes:

- IGN: Apollo will be granted to the player who places first in this tournament
    - Potential developer reward/platinum prizes. Stay tuned!

With that being said....good luck and may the games begin!
    Yes - both parties agreed to keep score as it is tho since they were both evenly matched. Thus, this is why I let it slide.

I think in the future, what I will do is if someone cannot win by 20-16 or more, the matches will be done as best of 3. So, for example, if Inotrich fought Ser and the score was: 20-17 and they versed again, & score was again 20-17, Inotrich would win by default due to best of 3. This of course will only apply if one is not able to win by 20-16 or more.

Best of 3 sounds fair. But better state it as a rule in the 1st post for no misunderstandings.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

Bow stuns are not allowed because due to the high end damage of L41 rogues, it just turns into the first to bow stun or land stun winning the fight. And in the case of both rogues bow stunning each other, it ends up becoming a case of who will be freed from stun first, as there is a chance to be freed from stun early (which is why you see varying durations of bow stun). So, I disallowed it completely as a result.

Epic gear would result in running out of mana before even making a kill. Have you tested this suggestion? If you try it, you will see exactly what I mean. Additionally, how would I ensure what gear is epic and what gear is legendary? I cannot. A lot of epic gear and legendary gear look exactly the same. Let us not even delve into rings and amulets.

The pet restriction serves purpose to prevent OP pets like Shady & Surge or Nekro, something normal arcane pets cannot compete with in a 1v1 scenario. This is why I've made this rule.

The tournament has been geared down enough, IMO, so that a healthy amount of rogues would be able to compete. If this is not the case, of course, I will look into lowering gear even more so that more players can compete.

I think u also need to limit the number of para gems each rogue use also.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Spell For This Useful Post:

Robhawk

There's a lot of top notch rogues that have entered - I wouldn't say outright I'm going to be winner, lol. That puts a lot of pressure on me!
    The pressure also keeps your concentration up, bro.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spell View Post
    I think u also need to limit the number of para gems each rogue use also.
    That's impossible to do so I'm not even going to bother with it. Additionally, each para gem used in a rogue vs lowers your HP & Crit. These are two very important factors in a rogue vs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amokaachi View Post
    Best of 3 sounds fair. But better state it as a rule in the 1st post for no misunderstandings.
    Will do! Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

That's impossible to do so I'm not even going to bother with it. Additionally, each para gem used in a rogue vs lowers your HP & Crit. These are two very important factors in a rogue vs.
    Well at least have everyone post how many para gems are in thier set. Lets see whom has the skills and who relies on paras ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Well at least have everyone post how many para gems are in thier set. Lets see whom has the skills and who relies on paras ?
    If you're referring to me - I'm running an eye build and not a para build.

3 paras, 7 eyes, rest super fire gems. Any more questions?
    Last edited by Zeus; 02-26-2015 at 09:57 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

If you're referring to me - I'm running an eye build and not a para build.
    Nope nope not reffering to u as it would be silly to say u would just rely on para gems.

Anyways i think this lil comp is silly since u took away bow stuns.thats like telling a mage u cant gun stun or a tank they cant charge their auto attack after an axe pull( for the stun). This isnt about strategies its about who can eye/para their gear fully.

I think if u had really wanted some fun competition u should have a required set that ANYONE can afford and only allow regular gems.mythic set ofc is fine.Eyes give the same amount of hp as a normal elond life shard but with some nice stats and crit.one para gem and three or four eyes should be the limit imo.this is just my honest opinion ^_^ im not in this comp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Nope nope not reffering to u as it would be silly to say u would just rely on para gems.

Anyways i think this lil comp is silly since u took away bow stuns.thats like telling a mage u cant gun stun or a tank they cant charge their auto attack after an axe pull( for the stun). This isnt about strategies its about who can eye/para their gear fully.

I think if u had really wanted some fun competition u should have a required set that ANYONE can afford and only allow regular gems.mythic set ofc is fine.Eyes give the same amount of hp as a normal elond life shard but with some nice stats and crit.one para gem and three or four eyes should be the limit imo.this is just my honest opinion ^_^ im not in this comp.
    Taking away bow stuns was necessary. Otherwise, with the high rogue damage, a stun would determine the match. That's also why I've made it a Malison only fight. These were the classic rules of most other rogue tournaments so I do not see why it would be an issue now.

So, it's not like saying a mage cannot stun or a tank cannot stun. Tanks cannot one shot each other and sorcerers rarely can.

Additionally, as I explained before, if both rogues are bow stunning, it comes down to who stuns & in the case if both stun, it comes down to Carapace's code and who ends up getting freed of stun early (which is why there are varying stun lengths.) Thus, entirely luck. The only thing that is not a luck factor is knowing range of bow stun & let's face it - many rogues already know the bow stun range.

As I've said before - many epic & legendary sets look alike. Secondly, when using epic, players will run out of mana before making a kill. If using legendary, how am I supposed to tell who has invested eye gems or multiple para gems? I can't. Therefore, it is not practical. On top of that, how am I going to get people to invest in gear? Again, it's not practical to that of people. If the cost of entering a tournament is too high, people will not enter. I've made that mistake in the past and I won't make it again. Practicality is also a major factor when entering tournaments. Fairness plays a role & I've made it fair enough for those who want to play may enter the bracket and fill up slots. That is all I was hoping to achieve - nothing more & nothing less. If I drop the gear requirements too much, then we run the risk of many non-committed players entering. Note, I am not saying that lower geared players are non-committed. However, there is a correlation between the two (especially if you look at past tournaments). If gear shows how invested someone is in a game, they're not as invested into the game, simple fact.

If we look at stats as percentages, let's say Person A has 5% better stats than Person B overall. On an equal skill level, the scores should be 5% higher for person A. However, there has been nothing like that. So, I doubt the gems were an issue.

If you feel otherwise, I welcome you to host your own tournament with your rules. As of now, this competition is already underway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

Taking away bow stuns was necessary. Otherwise, with the high rogue damage, a stun would determine the match. That's also why I've made it a Malison only fight. These were the classic rules of most other rogue tournaments so I do not see why it would be an issue now.

So, it's not like saying a mage cannot stun or a tank cannot stun. Tanks cannot one shot each other and sorcerers rarely can.

Additionally, as I explained before, if both rogues are bow stunning, it comes down to who stuns & in the case if both stun, it comes down to Carapace's code and who ends up getting freed of stun early (which is why there are varying stun lengths.) Thus, entirely luck. The only thing that is not a luck factor is knowing range of bow stun & let's face it - many rogues already know the bow stun range.

As I've said before - many epic & legendary sets look alike. Secondly, when using epic, players will run out of mana before making a kill. If using legendary, how am I supposed to tell who has invested eye gems or multiple para gems? I can't. Therefore, it is not practical. On top of that, how am I going to get people to invest in gear? Again, it's not practical to that of people. If the cost of entering a tournament is too high, people will not enter. I've made that mistake in the past and I won't make it again. Practicality is also a major factor when entering tournaments. Fairness plays a role & I've made it fair enough for those who want to play may enter the bracket and fill up slots. That is all I was hoping to achieve - nothing more & nothing less. If I drop the gear requirements too much, then we run the risk of many non-committed players entering. Note, I am not saying that lower geared players are non-committed. However, there is a correlation between the two (especially if you look at past tournaments). If gear shows how invested someone is in a game, they're not as invested into the game, simple fact.

If we look at stats as percentages, let's say Person A has 5% better stats than Person B overall. On an equal skill level, the scores should be 5% higher for person A. However, there has been nothing like that. So, I doubt the gems were an issue.

If you feel otherwise, I welcome you to host your own tournament with your rules. As of now, this competition is already underway.

I still think it would be cool to see how many eyes/para each rogue was using

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I still think it would be cool to see how many eyes/para each rogue was using
    Agreed, but that's up to the participant to post as it can hint to the play style the rogue will use in tournament.

If any rogue wishes to follow pursuit and list their gems, I'm sure Lia and others would appreciate it.

Note: I miscounted in my previous post - I am actually 3 para, 8 eyes (3 on pendant, 3 on ring, 1 in armor, 1 in helm), 4 grand fire gems.

I think the maximum amount of realistic para gems that most rogues are going to use is 3. Yes, there's a potential for 15 paras but considering most of AL did not put their para gems in mythic armor, we theoretically are only looking for para gems in slots where we can obtain via trading/buying. So, 9 para gems in total. 9 para gems is formidable, but sacrifices A LOT of HP.

The ratio I've found to be nice when stacking para gems is: 3 paras for every 1 eye.

For rogue vs, it's the opposite for me: 3 eyes for every para gem.

Again, if any rogue participant would honor Lia's request, I am sure she would appreciate it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Lia, if you would like to see our gear we can post screenshots of it. I disagree with your point that the rogue with the most para gems would win.

If I had 15 para gems I'd probably sit around (not including the damage debuff in pvp) 720+ damage with a mythic ring, but my crit would drop to around 38, and my health would drop to the low 4000s.

In these rogue 1v1 it often comes down to who gets one hit. A crit is a crit, and a charged aim - nox crit combo will kill regardless if your damage is 650 or 720. So, for the sake of this tournament eye gems (and at least 1 para) is the ideal build.

To be transparent I will be running with 4 para and 11 eyes and potentially daggers... havent decided yet.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to raw For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raw View Post
    Lia, if you would like to see our gear we can post screenshots of it. I disagree with your point that the rogue with the most para gems would win.

If I had 15 para gems I'd probably sit around (not including the damage debuff in pvp) 720+ damage with a mythic ring, but my crit would drop to around 38, and my health would drop to the low 4000s.

In these rogue 1v1 it often comes down to who gets one hit. A crit is a crit, and a charged aim - nox crit combo will kill regardless if your damage is 650 or 720. So, for the sake of this tournament eye gems (and at least 1 para) is the ideal build.

To be transparent I will be running with 4 para and 11 eyes and potentially daggers... havent decided yet.
    Trust me on this, Raw, daggers are a no-go. Damage drops too low with Malison for them to be used effectively. On top of that, a dagger user has to pick between aim stack or proc stack. Doing both is difficult for most and can also delay reaction time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Trust me on this, Raw, daggers are a no-go. Damage drops too low with Malison for them to be used effectively. On top of that, a dagger user has to pick between aim stack or proc stack. Doing both is difficult for most and can also delay reaction time.
    Hmm... just depends on the way you're using the daggers. I have had some pretty great experience using daggers last season and I've found that the added health, crit, and proc allow me to be a little more gutsy whereas with a bow I have to be far more conservative. The damage may be lower but I'd be sitting near like 5k health (I think since I'll probably use a 3 eye set of daggers putting me at 14 eyes LOL).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

Daggers are very risky

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Hmm... just depends on the way you're using the daggers. I have had some pretty great experience using daggers last season and I've found that the added health, crit, and proc allow me to be a little more gutsy whereas with a bow I have to be far more conservative. The damage may be lower but I'd be sitting near like 5k health (I think since I'll probably use a 3 eye set of daggers putting me at 14 eyes LOL).
    You have a point. Want to test it in game to know for sure?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Maybe tomorrow. I have to buy a mythic ring and potentially some daggers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Maybe tomorrow. I have to buy a mythic ring and potentially some daggers.
    Alright, sounds good!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Lmao I am either going to play with 3 para 4 eye and remaining grand fire or 1 para 3 eye 3 grand life and rest grand fire.