Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Gap between Top Players and everyone else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    To me theres only conflict if it REPLACES it. If its separate, ok.
    Yea, veterans deserve their spot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
    I feel the same way about the leaderboards. People always cry that they want seasonal leaderboards, but that's a pile of B.S. if you ask me. You guys want to be on the leaderboard, go flag 10k flags and then let's talk. Chances are that if you flag 10k flags, you'll either be on the leaderboard or you will just need a few pve kills to be there. But, let's keep it real, you are either too lazy or would rather do something else with your time and, hence, you don't have 10k flags. What do you think would happen if they reset the leaderboard each season? The same people who had the patience to flag to 10k, would do it again. The rest of us would be wandering aimlessly in CTF pretending to flag and then we'd give up and start a cry baby thread that seasonal leaderboards are too much and they should make weekly leaderboards, etc. The same goes for TDM kills and CTF kills. The people on those leaderboards spend a lot (I mean a lot) of time in pvp. But then I see threads started from people crying that the bottom of the pvp kills cut off is too high, meanwhile, I've never seen them in pvp before--go figure.
    Sorry Shiny, gotta call this one. A lot of us who want seasonal leaderboards are not crying about it. We have valid reasons for wanting them as a game-wide benefit.

I refuse to do 10K flags, and I'm fine with that. That's not why I want seasonals. A large number of people on many of the leaderboards don't even play anymore and haven't for 2,3 or 4 seasons. They got their numbers by exploits that have now been closed. In the case of PvP, they are covered dummy farmers taking the players of legitimate players. Leaderboards should be based on the current version of the game, not banners being handed out to people who got their numbers when it was still easy, and figure they are set for life. For all intents and purposes, they are.

Sure, the AP board will still go to those who free flagged their way to it (or used other methods), which I personally find distasteful, but that doesn't mean I'm crying about it. If someone wants to run like a mouse in a maze 10K times for a banner, that's their prerogative. If they do it honestly, I'd respect that, but there's less than 10 players that I am aware of who got there without free flagging or using other methods. However, those who did it in the early seasons had it a lot easier than the players do now.

If seasonals were implemented, at least the boards will be cleaned of all the dummy farmers who have now quit, the pve farmers who have quit, and give current players a fresh shot. After all, why should someone be rewarded when they haven't played for the last year?

For botting or dummy farming, anyone rising in kills too fast could be easily spotted, and if STS got off their collective butts, they would be able to stop a lot of the farmers and keep things fair. We have been asking for fairness in the game for 2 years, and it's very discouraging that people who spend weeks and months working on their toons are ousted by cheaters or have no chance to catch up to those who got their PvE kills when boulder was still active.

Elite kills board is still something I want to see implemented. It would only count for elite maps that give kills - the difficult ones - and would eliminate most if not all of the ability to exploit one's way to a banner.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

You have been using the same 4m gear for the past year, which means that you have not made any progress in an entire year. What did you do in the first place to get 4m worth of gear?

Do you want to know how I got my mythic set 1.5 years ago? I sat on the couch and ran jarl over and over while watching tv. Within a month or 2 I got a mythic set, while not putting forth much effort. That was about 2.5m worth of gear. Then I farmed the Caves of Tarewa over and over again and I probably saved about 10m from farming there over the course of 3 months. I also opened up 44,000 platinum worth of locked crates, where I looted a samael and earned some gold. [You need to keep in mind that if you are F2P, you really should just be thankful that STS is providing you with a free game to play. They release new and more expensive content to encourage the people to spend platinum]. Anyways, I saved up enough gold to purchase a mythic gun during the elondrian event. I crafted a bunch of crates and gems and I sold them. I was fortunate to be in a knowledgable guild who was the first to farm for essence in camp boulder, so I made out alright. So now I had a mythic set, samael and a mythic gun. At this point, I was pretty well geared and I began to farm the Arena I farmed it until I looted several recipes, then I made a rogue because they are more efficient at farming the arena and I continue to farm still. Do you see the progression there? Oh and btw, you don't need 10m for a bow. Why not make a small goal to save 5m to get the mythic daggers? Why not spend some money and open locked crates to help support this game? I guess that's my position on this because I can only speak from my own experience.

As to your second bolded response--I'll say it again--go flag to 10k and then let's talk. If you don't have 10k flags, it's not even worth discussing. Personally, I know how difficult it is to flag as a mage. Every single jerk rogue or pack of ganger warriors come charging after a cheap kill when they see a mage flagging. I have 1300 flags and that's enough for me. All I need as a mage is 5k to solidify a spot on the mage overall leaderboard. If I had 10k I'd be golden because there's only a handful of mages who have done that. I think Casperox, Anduan & Conradev (and maybe a couple of others) are the only ones that have 10k. Knowing how difficult it is to flag to 10k, I would never have the audacity to start a thread and ask for their hard work to be wiped each season, simply because I'm too lazy to flag passed 1300. That's all I'm saying.

Frankly, what's the obsession with leaderboards anyways? Play for fun. If you're the kind of person that can end up on a leaderboard, you should have grinded out the Elondrian event and won an SNS and we wouldn't be having this discussion because you'd be rich. But, you didn't, so let's move on.
    Cool story, but not everyone is able to afford to pump money into the game and loot a samael. And my 100k bow jumps to a 5m dagger. GG. That's a pretty big gap.

And I never said the entire leaderboard needs to be wiped each season. So before you rudely blow things up again, I meant for an additional leaderboard for seasonal players. I agree, it wouldn't be fair to those who did play day and night for their kills to mean nothing, which is why a separate leaderboard should come for people to work up for. Leaderboards are a competition and believe it or not, competitions are fun.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    To me theres only conflict if it REPLACES it. If its separate, ok.
    Well yes, that's just logical. The thing is the banners are made with the season numbers on them. There should be an all time banner and then the banner for the season. After all someone who quit in season 5 should not be getting a season 7 top kills banner. Sure they can have their all time banner 'cause they earned that, but they didn't earn it in season 7, so why should they have a banner that says they did the most in season 7?

Short answer is all of those people fall off of the leaderboard each time sts updates to a new serverr or when they introduce a new ap. For example, Boss is not on the leaderboard
    Not on the overall board, but still on the PvE board. That's the point. It's not just about overall top player, it's about all the other boards as well. Timed boards are reset each season, after all.
    Last edited by Serancha; 03-11-2015 at 08:47 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Overweightank

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrose View Post
    This may come out rude but I'm gonna say it anyways.. If you want to a be `top player`instead of spending your time on this post you should be out farming and meeting these players.. Alot of them are just average players who had luck in the market and have the monetary funds to play the market and make more gold.. Also you can sit here and talk about how there stats are so amazing compared to average players but that's only half the reason these players are successful in the game.. These players understand the class they play in and out like the back of their hands.. They understand the mechanics of the game and have utilized a playing style that allows them to succeed. I've seen many plat players with over the top gear and still have no idea on what they need to be doing. Pvp is the most obvious example.

In all if you were to suddenly open a chest and get an arcane fossil then you would enjoy access to these 'elite' items because you have the funds.. These items are so over the top powerful because they are rare.. If you flooded the market with items that are closely related to same stats as arcane ring the ring would become obsolete. It's powerful because it's rare. Every game you play these days has these items and its just part of the mechanics. So if you want to be a top player start running elites and farming.. Like most ppl in AL you'll have the most luck farming crates and selling them during 2x myth weekends so gl.

P. S get off this post and start playing
    This wasn't thouht off well. I used to be a professional mercher. and I used to despise farming with a passion due to it's gold value being almost half of what merching gave , and merching was easy, when farming was work. But now the merching is off.

1st of all) luck crates and x2 weekend dont give money anymore. The locked goes from 4k to 7k for first few hours, then drops back down to normal value. The game doesnt have enough gold.

P.S Dont assume. Because you may be wrong! :J

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

First of all, that is not true. Anyone who wants to loot a recipe will loot a recipe. If that's not you, then it's your choice.
    Second of all, when did i call you or anyone lazy? I think you should read that entire sentence again. Third of all, if you are not going to spend 4 hours playing a game, then you will not be on the leaderboard, be it seasonal or 7 seasons worth. This is the point that you all keep missing. The people who are willing to grind a game for 8 to 10 hours a day will be the ones on the seasonal leaderboard. Those happen to be most of the people on the leaderboard now because they have to play a lot to protect their flags.

For the sake of argument, let's say sts resets the leaderboard each season. Then what? Are we gonna see threads saying rich players are on the leaderboard because they have better gear? I think what would make you people happy is if sts reset the leaderboards and took away all the gold, pets and equipment at the end of each season and make all of your toons level 1.
    You actually called someone lazy look again. And you can't just "loot a recipe". Lol. I know someone who has been farming arena for a long time, they still haven't looyed one. I don't want to be a leaderboard, this thread isn't about that. It's about the difference in gear. I said 4 hours of farming, not leaderboard. Please actually read what I'm saying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Look i don't want to keep going tit fortat with you guys. If someone has not looted a recipe, all they can say is they have not looted one "yet." The majority of your post was about leaderboards. At no pount did you say anything about farming. Please actually read what you're saying.

In my original post i shared how i made gold and how it's not something that happens overnight. The op responded in post 68 and only focused on the 1 item i looted from a crate, rather than looking at the examples i gave on how to earn gold. Clearly there's no helping this person.

Everyone elese did not agree with my beliefs on the leaderboard and so they quoted me left and right and that is the direction they took the thread.

This is my last post here. Have a nice evening everyone
    I did talk about my posts. The reason why we are arguing with you, is because you have the nerve to treat a lot of people on this thread like they are dumb. You were being very rude, that's all I'm going to say.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to obee For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obee View Post
    I did talk about my posts. The reason why we are arguing with you, is because you have the nerve to treat a lot of people on this thread like they are dumb. You were being very rude, that's all I'm going to say.
    The reason I don't reply much to this post: I didn't read it...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

While I fully agree that there is no substitute for hard work to get more advanced gear and the stats that come with it, I also think it's too simplistic and dismissive to call threads like this a cry made by undeserving players wanting equal stance with the arcane players without putting necessary work. Today's farming scene is different from 1.5 year ago when lockeds were selling around 13k and there was a brisk legendary pet egg market and elite farming was alive and well. You have to work much harder at farming nowadays to get what used to take a month or two to accumulate back then. There is also limited alternatives for newly capped legendary players to work their way into better gear. There were the events, yes, but these weren't as straightforward as it would've seemed to people with years behind them to prepare. The Goblin event with its lack of energy crafting, Ursoth and the people who fled the second they heard Helena, for instance. You couldn't take full advantage of Goblin event unless you were prepared to fork over plat or gold for energy. And with Ursoth unless you had friends or guildmates with the gear to make short work of Helena and the guts to not poof midfight, you ended up wasting energy. But all right, events aren't the only time you can make money in the game and there are players who missed out on some of them. That leaves farming. And where will you tell a newly capped player to farm these days? The same places a lot of veteran players farmed 1-2 years ago, except now the value of what you loot there is different. Are there new areas to farm? Yes, but they're the ones that call for investments like ankhs and where it will be hard for you to get party if you aren't geared to the teeth. So back to square one.

I'm in a guild where unlike in a lot of established capped-only guilds we have players who only started playing early this year or a few months before. We help them get to cap level and once there to start on what endgamers are preoccupied with, amassing wealth and getting better gear. For the most part they don't mind putting the effort into farming, even if it will take them much much longer to get what they want. I just wish I could tell them something new, some middle ground. We now have low-risk, low-yield farming areas, and high-risk, high-yield areas. I think it would be nice to have some middle-ground to progress to or fall back on, because let's face it, most farming is luck-dependent. That's why I think it would be good to update Kaden's merchandise and stock the vendor with other desirable items farmers can set their goal on. And do something about elite loot table. For now many people who are not ready to farm Planar maps may be ready to farm elite Tindirin. They just need better incentive to do it.

As a side note, call me noob, but I started playing this game because of one thing: it lets me kill monsters. That's what makes it fun for me. I love to go try myself out on new areas and work out how I can do better at what I do. I try to get my hands on better gear, because when it comes to killing monsters, who wouldn't want to do it faster. But gear disparity has never stopped me from venturing out onto new places. It never really bothers me that other rogues have twice my damage. It might take me longer to accomplish what might take them five minutes, but why should that stop me. It took me a long time but I finally understand how the skills, pets, and gear work and I want to explore them to the fullest. Killing monsters is still the chief fun I get in this game, be it while farming, helping guildmates or just answering some errant curiosity (recently it's been: how hard does healing aggro?). It's a game, it's supposed to be done for fun. If grinding isn't fun for you, find other things that make it fun. If you don't find your gear adequate, work on making it adequate or work on your build, skills and tactics to compensate. Bottom line is simply enjoy it, or make it enjoyable.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ilhanna For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

I started playing the game so I could explore and kill monsters too. That doesn't make us noobs, it makes us gamer chicks.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Pay to win. Oh no. Pay to test your luck and maybe you win. =)

That's all. I've already spent more money on this game then on all games I played before (there was a lot).
    I'm still lower-middle in this game. I just realized that i have to spend 10x-100x more money to progress and I've stopped my main and moved to twinking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

I agree that there is a wide gap between the average and the best in game, stats wise. Gear needs to be released which narrows that gap and creates a middle ground and that gear should be easily accessible to the majority of players. The root of imbalance is badly distributed stats in current gear, rather than the skill system. While ideally an arcane item should have been slightly better (or more than slightly better) than a mythic item, in reality the gap is enormous. For example -- Scorch and Nekro/Singe. And mythic ring and arcane ring.

Also while designing gear, the stats should be specialized instead of giving everything out to one item. There should have never been one single item (arcane or not) which enables one class to godmode and not need another class. If you are giving one attribute to a particular item, take something away from it. In order to maintain the usefulness of each class, measures need to be taken which ensure that the specialties of one class do not get distributed to another through gear-stats, other wise why would they need each other?
    Last edited by Earlingstad; 03-12-2015 at 02:42 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ilhanna View Post
    While I fully agree that there is no substitute for hard work to get more advanced gear and the stats that come with it, I also think it's too simplistic and dismissive to call threads like this a cry made by undeserving players wanting equal stance with the arcane players without putting necessary work. Today's farming scene is different from 1.5 year ago when lockeds were selling around 13k and there was a brisk legendary pet egg market and elite farming was alive and well. You have to work much harder at farming nowadays to get what used to take a month or two to accumulate back then. There is also limited alternatives for newly capped legendary players to work their way into better gear. There were the events, yes, but these weren't as straightforward as it would've seemed to people with years behind them to prepare. The Goblin event with its lack of energy crafting, Ursoth and the people who fled the second they heard Helena, for instance. You couldn't take full advantage of Goblin event unless you were prepared to fork over plat or gold for energy. And with Ursoth unless you had friends or guildmates with the gear to make short work of Helena and the guts to not poof midfight, you ended up wasting energy. But all right, events aren't the only time you can make money in the game and there are players who missed out on some of them. That leaves farming. And where will you tell a newly capped player to farm these days? The same places a lot of veteran players farmed 1-2 years ago, except now the value of what you loot there is different. Are there new areas to farm? Yes, but they're the ones that call for investments like ankhs and where it will be hard for you to get party if you aren't geared to the teeth. So back to square one.

I'm in a guild where unlike in a lot of established capped-only guilds we have players who only started playing early this year or a few months before. We help them get to cap level and once there to start on what endgamers are preoccupied with, amassing wealth and getting better gear. For the most part they don't mind putting the effort into farming, even if it will take them much much longer to get what they want. I just wish I could tell them something new, some middle ground. We now have low-risk, low-yield farming areas, and high-risk, high-yield areas. I think it would be nice to have some middle-ground to progress to or fall back on, because let's face it, most farming is luck-dependent. That's why I think it would be good to update Kaden's merchandise and stock the vendor with other desirable items farmers can set their goal on. And do something about elite loot table. For now many people who are not ready to farm Planar maps may be ready to farm elite Tindirin. They just need better incentive to do it.

As a side note, call me noob, but I started playing this game because of one thing: it lets me kill monsters. That's what makes it fun for me. I love to go try myself out on new areas and work out how I can do better at what I do. I try to get my hands on better gear, because when it comes to killing monsters, who wouldn't want to do it faster. But gear disparity has never stopped me from venturing out onto new places. It never really bothers me that other rogues have twice my damage. It might take me longer to accomplish what might take them five minutes, but why should that stop me. It took me a long time but I finally understand how the skills, pets, and gear work and I want to explore them to the fullest. Killing monsters is still the chief fun I get in this game, be it while farming, helping guildmates or just answering some errant curiosity (recently it's been: how hard does healing aggro?). It's a game, it's supposed to be done for fun. If grinding isn't fun for you, find other things that make it fun. If you don't find your gear adequate, work on making it adequate or work on your build, skills and tactics to compensate. Bottom line is simply enjoy it, or make it enjoyable.
    Your posts are always meaningful

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Sts obviously mainly cares about pleasing the paying customers, people who are usually maxed out or close to. This is understandable, but they should focus of creating some sort of balance instead of making these maxed so ridiculously strong. IMO, sts should have released a mythic ring instead of the planar amulet. They also should have focused on buffing scorch before they buffed nekro. I can understand that they are a business and will prefer to please the paying customers, but the imbalance is ridiculous. Back at 36 cap, all you needed was a mythic set to compete. I played without a mythic ring or amulet for the longest time and I managed to compete. Mythic weapons were not seen in every map and they were actually something rare that only a handful of players could boast to have. Now pretty Mich everyone has a mythic weapon and you need at the very least samael, a mythic weapon, mythic set, mythic ring and planar amulet to compete. Even if you have those you are still ridiculously out geared by the ring + imbued set and nekro players, but it is possible to clash in that gear. I'm sure the next cap will have some new item(s) to widen the gap and sts will not do anything to fix it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    I'm sure the next cap will have some new item(s) to widen the gap and sts will not do anything to fix it.
    It's time for arcane armor, no?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tatman View Post
    It's time for arcane armor, no?
    Ikr lol. Forget mythic ring to balance things out, let's make arcane armor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    Ikr lol. Forget mythic ring to balance things out, let's make arcane armor.
    Thumbs up for arcane everything. Mythics are a thing of the past.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Ok. i want arcane Rocket launcher. Lets nuke arlor

23. The Following User Says Thank You to supersyan For This Useful Post:

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

The problem is real.

The game is seriously becoming P2P. There are, when you come down to it, 2 legitimate ways of making money - by farming or by opening crates. The former is impractical for earning enough gold to be max geared. We're looking at nearly 100 million - how does a player earn that much? Sure, he or she may be lucky by looting a recipe which gives him or her 10M give or take 1-2 million - the odds of that are as likely as getting an arcane in a locked crate! (Probably isn't true, exaggerating to make my point) And how does that same player loot 10 of them to gear himself out completely? The odds are simply out of this world.

So, what is left? The locked crates. If you open tons you may get super lucky and loot something but by the end of the day its hard - no, damn near impossible - for an average, working-class person to ever earn enough money to get the top gear.

That may not seem like such a big problem - you either work or pay for your gear, right? - but one must look at the vast stat differences in gear. A mythic amulet gives more or less 500 HP more than, say, a Wild Talisman! Coupled with the arcane ring (which gives like 300 HP I believe) you already have 800 HP more than a regular player! And we're not even looking at the damage differences here.

If you count a full mythic player with a mythic pet as middle class - gear worth ~15m depending on your class - we're looking at almost 100 damage and 800 hp difference not to mention the advantage an arcane pet user has over a mythic pet! Case in point: Nekro. Its great for all classes and makes you pretty damn invincible in a 1v1 with a non-Nekro user.

While I agree players who pay to get their gear deserve a better sporting chance than players who don't as much as they do, the game shouldn't be this much P2W, its saddening.

What my suggestion is? I have 2 -

1. Actual middle class gear that is competitive. Let's say legendary is the lower class, mythic is the middle class & arcane the rich elites. Differences between mythic and arcane gear should not be so high. Payers should pay to have that extra edge (and farmers should farm for it too) - but that "extra edge" should not involve crazy stat increases like it is this season. The maximum stat increases from middle-class gear to higher-class gear should be 30 damage and 200 HP.

2. a.Pets that cancel out certain abilities. Farmable pets that have arcane abilities that nullify other pets' arcane abilities would be cool. For eg, a pet which removes shield buffs. Another that removes stat buffs. Etc.
    2. b. Pets which form a bridge between the higher and middle classes. Pets should have weaknesses and strengths; there shouldn't be ones which get the best of both (all?) worlds. A rogue with Nekro has a mage's shield coupled with their own high armor along with the high damage the class already has. Fair? No...Each pet should have a particular use. A buff pet, a stun pet, a pet with cool stats but a crappy AA, a pet with an awesome AA but crappy stats - you get the picture.

My special kudos goes out to those players who prevail despite gear and class disadvantages. Good job!

Oh, and apologies for the 1 week necro. Saw the thread just now and thought I should have my say.
    Last edited by Alhuntrazeck; 03-20-2015 at 02:04 AM.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Alhuntrazeck For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    The problem is real.

The game is seriously becoming P2P. There are, when you come down to it, 2 legitimate ways of making money - by farming or by opening crates. The former is impractical for earning enough gold to be max geared. We're looking at nearly 100 million - how does a player earn that much? Sure, he or she may be lucky by looting a recipe which gives him or her 10M give or take 1-2 million - the odds of that are as likely as getting an arcane in a locked crate! (Probably isn't true, exaggerating to make my point) And how does that same player loot 10 of them to gear himself out completely? The odds are simply out of this world.

So, what is left? The locked crates. If you open tons you may get super lucky and loot something but by the end of the day its hard - no, damn near impossible - for an average, working-class person to ever earn enough money to get the top gear.

That may not seem like such a big problem - you either work or pay for your gear, right? - but one must look at the vast stat differences in gear. A mythic amulet gives more or less 500 HP more than, say, a Wild Talisman! Coupled with the arcane ring (which gives like 300 HP I believe) you already have 800 HP more than a regular player! And we're not even looking at the damage differences here.

If you count a full mythic player with a mythic pet as middle class - gear worth ~15m depending on your class - we're looking at almost 100 damage and 800 hp difference not to mention the advantage an arcane pet user has over a mythic pet! Case in point: Nekro. Its great for all classes and makes you pretty damn invincible in a 1v1 with a non-Nekro user.

While I agree players who pay to get their gear deserve a better sporting chance than players who don't as much as they do, the game shouldn't be this much P2W, its saddening.

What my suggestion is? I have 2 -

1. Actual middle class gear that is competitive. Let's say legendary is the lower class, mythic is the middle class & arcane the rich elites. Differences between mythic and arcane gear should not be so high. Payers should pay to have that extra edge (and farmers should farm for it too) - but that "extra edge" should not involve crazy stat increases like it is this season. The maximum stat increases from middle-class gear to higher-class gear should be 30 damage and 200 HP.

2. a.Pets that cancel out certain abilities. Farmable pets that have arcane abilities that nullify other pets' arcane abilities would be cool. For eg, a pet which removes shield buffs. Another that removes stat buffs. Etc.
    2. b. Pets which form a bridge between the higher and middle classes. Pets should have weaknesses and strengths; there shouldn't be ones which get the best of both (all?) worlds. A rogue with Nekro has a mage's shield coupled with their own high armor along with the high damage the class already has. Fair? No...Each pet should have a particular use. A buff pet, a stun pet, a pet with cool stats but a crappy AA, a pet with an awesome AA but crappy stats - you get the picture.

My special kudos goes out to those players who prevail despite gear and class disadvantages. Good job!

Oh, and apologies for the 1 week necro. Saw the thread just now and thought I should have my say.
    Out of thanks... ill give it a thanks tomorrow...
    Every words are true.