Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The Mythic Ring needs a little buff

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

it does need a buff, what's the diffence between that ring and a blood ruby? Why is the blood ruby better? It's lvl31!!!

EDIT: I do agree that the stats given respec the name given. Then we should change things and give Brutality for Sorcerers and Assault for Warrior (or something else)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoonclaws View Post
    it does need a buff, what's the diffence between that ring and a blood ruby? Why is the blood ruby better? It's lvl31!!!

EDIT: I do agree that the stats given respec the name given. Then we should change things and give Brutality for Sorcerers and Assault for Warrior (or something else)
    When I'm said "no need buff or nerf,just need dev / mod to explain to us" what I mean is,Gosh don't buff or nerf !!! just switch force and will with brutality and assault. And I really wanna hear they reason about this diferent treatment,coz for me this is hurt class balance spirit LOL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by justhell View Post
    When I'm said "no need buff or nerf,just need dev / mod to explain to us" what I mean is,Gosh don't buff or nerf !!! just switch force and will with brutality and assault. And I really wanna hear they reason about this diferent treatment,coz for me this is hurt class balance spirit LOL.
    yea...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Although a buff of any type would be nice (I own a pot one), honestly it is not needed. The mythic ring is like the leprechaun amulet. Its USP is the luck/xp buff. We dont want the introduction of game-changing mythic items at twink levels. It will adversely affect pvp.

But a visual effect for the proc is needed. The ring has a "chance to proc", that too for only 12 secs, may we atleast have a visible effect (even cracked egg shells flying around would do :P ) when the proc is active so that we are aware of when those precious 12 seconds have started?
    Last edited by Earlingstad; 04-08-2015 at 05:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ameyra View Post
    Although a buff of any type would be nice (I own a pot one), honestly it is not needed. The mythic ring is like the leprechaun amulet. Its USP is the luck/xp buff. We dont want the introduction of game-changing mythic items at twink levels. It will adversely affect pvp.

But a visual effect for the proc is needed. The ring has a "chance to proc", that too for only 12 secs, may we atleast have a visible effect (even cracked egg shells flying around would do :P ) when the proc is active so that we are aware of when those precious 12 seconds have started?
    It needs a buff because it's not a ring that be used as a leprechaun pendant. You don't simply wear it during the last 10%, you need it longer then that if not during the whole battle (to avoid getting 1-hit). The luck is not permanent, it's a proc. If leprechaun pendant procs the luck too, it won't be used as much as it is now. With such stats, the ring seems to be used for mobs only.

If people didn't expect a revolutionary ring, the gold eggs won't sell as much as they were sold. Those events were good "wealth balancing" events. If STS keeps trolling us with unfulfilled expectations, there is no way that the wealth will get balanced, and no way those rich and hardcore players will stay. I am kinda jumping too fast to conclusions but it's how I see things.

Hey, it's a MYTHIC RING! Revolution or a Troll?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dragoonclaws For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

If Stg buffs it, People will lose/profit alot of gold over a update!!
    The same people will next time make fun of stg's Buff-nerf trends! Happened before!
    I suggest Stg releases New mythic ring and leave it the way it is!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    If Stg buffs it, People will lose/profit alot of gold over a update!!
    The same people will next time make fun of stg's Buff-nerf trends! Happened before!
    I suggest Stg releases New mythic ring and leave it the way it is!
    it's already released lol, and we want it to be better!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

it's already released lol, and we want it to be better!
    Its too late!! Lots of people sold them in water price as they are useless!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Its too late!! Lots of people sold them in water price as they are useless!!!
    only lvl40 rings are useful... andthe lvl41 will be good in 2 months for power leveling. But it lacks stats sooooo bad!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

Guys guys guys, the Mythic ring is well, call it a meat shield ^_^ It blocks STS from the people asking about the new cap and expansion content, instead it gets whined on and STS can relax because they need not take it too seriously, maybe a minor buff to please, sure, but the real point of this little Easter fracas is to give us something to do while we wait.

Admittedly I was disappointed by this mini event, the Mythic ring wasn't needed and TBH just something like Valentines where we kill mobs get hearts create tokens and buy a vanity (I wanted a bunny vanity with chocolate egg effects >;3 ) is good enough to please people. No need to make it complicated by adding a mythic item! People won't expect an Easter event because it hasn't been done, relax STS! There's no need to keep meat shielding, I suggest spoiler shield! Everyone likes spoilers, leaks, they satisfy the need and leave us craving for the expansion, good enough !

Just my two cents lol,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

This ring will be great if it always procs just before boss dies

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

only lvl40 rings are useful... andthe lvl41 will be good in 2 months for power leveling. But it lacks stats sooooo bad!!!!
    Agree that and also twin level its useful for the 3 gems slot. But buffing it after releasing and after people selling it off will be appreciating all those buff-nerf trends which make people profit/lose huge amounts of golds over one update!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dex Scene For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

*twink level, not twin. Typos!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Agree that and also twin level its useful for the 3 gems slot. But buffing it after releasing and after people selling it off will be appreciating all those buff-nerf trends which make people profit/lose huge amounts of golds over one update!
    The lower level the twink is, the more OP the rings becomes. That's why I suggested to buff the level 41. Sacred knight is kinda right too. The rings wasn't needed, but it still disappointed us somehow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

The lower level the twink is, the more OP the rings becomes. That's why I suggested to buff the level 41. Sacred knight is kinda right too. The rings wasn't needed, but it still disappointed us somehow.
    Do you think if they buffs again what will happen? Ring will get costlier. People who gets the forum news of the buff will start hoarding them and get benefited over the other people who don't use forum!

Some people might had looted 3-4 rings which they sold for 400-500k and bought a blood ruby and used the rest of golds in event energy stocking them up! They will rage if the buffs comes now.
    People will start making fun of stg's another buff/nerf trend.
    Some gamers including me will lose faith on stg.

What will happen if it don't get buff?
    nothing! We are disappointed with stats but it is released already. People will use it in twink levels and endgames will move on and get better ring at level 41.

I think, unless something is not broken or if something doesn't change the gameplay, leaving them the way they are is the best thing to do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Dispointed ofc,but maybe dex right. But I really wanna hear dev/mod words about this. C'mon just once time check this thread and say something to mage and warrior. Coz as a mage,no matter from where side I try to looking for,I can't see about fairness and balancing on this ring.

Somehow I feel like. "So bcoz this is free thing,if u like take it if u don't leave it". (JS)

I'm out of this thread,comunication won't work well if 1 side ignored or seem didn't even care about the other side. There's no point to keep giving suggestion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

My level 10 rogue likes this ring so much she may stop using her goblin ring. Higher levels there are better choices but for rogue twinks it's amazing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm getting very good reroll success with my mythic ring. Many seem disappointed but the results are pretty good I find.

21.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #79
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Hey everyone!

Our goal with the Arlorian Eggshell band was to make an item that players of all levels could use while grinding at any level in the game to speed up the leveling process. The luck proc increases the player's chance to find better items, which would also help the speed at which they level.

The Arlorian Eggshell bands were not designed to be a new "best in slot" ring in terms of stats. Players with a Rendtail ring or a Blood Ruby will likely find that this ring is not as powerful, stat-wise. The raw stats on the ring are actually closer to Legendary rarity than they are Mythic rarity. However, when you consider the power of the proc, that is how it was decided that this would be a Mythic item.

Another aspect to consider when looking at the ring's stats is how many players will actually be acquiring this ring. Any player in the game could purchase the non-tradeable version of the ring off the event's vendor. What allowed us to make this ring available to a much wider audience than we've ever made Mythics before is the fact that the stats are what they are.

Hopefully that gives you some insight to our thinking process for this ring.
    "Paper is fine. Nerf Rock." -Scissors

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fibus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    654 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fibus View Post
    Hey everyone!

Our goal with the Arlorian Eggshell band was to make an item that players of all levels could use while grinding at any level in the game to speed up the leveling process. The luck proc increases the player's chance to find better items, which would also help the speed at which they level.

The Arlorian Eggshell bands were not designed to be a new "best in slot" ring in terms of stats. Players with a Rendtail ring or a Blood Ruby will likely find that this ring is not as powerful, stat-wise. The raw stats on the ring are actually closer to Legendary rarity than they are Mythic rarity. However, when you consider the power of the proc, that is how it was decided that this would be a Mythic item.

Another aspect to consider when looking at the ring's stats is how many players will actually be acquiring this ring. Any player in the game could purchase the non-tradeable version of the ring off the event's vendor. What allowed us to make this ring available to a much wider audience than we've ever made Mythics before is the fact that the stats are what they are.

Hopefully that gives you some insight to our thinking process for this ring.
    The ring will help many new players coming into the game! I love the fact that the rings were farmable upon introduction and now people can still buy them if they want or just 200plat for one. I think it's a great move! I only wish that the lep proc would stay on when active XD
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!