Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Upgraded armours n helms

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I don't know why people think STG would upgrade mythics...a helm and armor that's so common it costs 800k per set & STG makes no money from it.

People wouldn't need to pop locked crates, they just take from existing surplus.

From a business standpoint, it just does not seem logical at all so I'm still perplexed how people came to this conclusion. One person says a post/rumor and it spreads like wildfire...SMH.
    It's not a rumour, it is a logical interpretation of Remiem's statement. After all she wouldn't have put it in if they were not planning armour upgrades, would she. We can't know if it's mythics or imbueds or something else (planar gladiator gear?) that will need upgrading, but the issues with re-using old gear instead of having new to farm, remain the same

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    MORE Expansion Teasers Ahead
    Last week you got a sneak peak at the new Legendary Dire Boar pet. What's next? Hint: When going into battle against orcs, not just any armor will do. You might need an upgrade.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    It's not a rumour, it is a logical interpretation of Remiem's statement. After all she wouldn't have put it in if they were not planning armour upgrades, would she. We can't know if it's mythics or imbueds or something else (planar gladiator gear?) that will need upgrading, but the issues with re-using old gear instead of having new to farm, remain the same
    Sera I think she means we need a upgrade in GEAR (As in we need better armor/weapons that can be obtained somehow). Not that 'Your mythic armor needs a upgrade'. It's kinda like she's saying 'You can't just go in there wearing that! You need an upgrade!' As in better equips.

Turn your CAN'TS into CANS and your DREAMS into PLANS

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Titanfall For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Titanfall View Post
    Sera I think she means we need a upgrade in GEAR (As in we need better armor/weapons that can be obtained somehow). Not that 'Your mythic armor needs a upgrade'. It's kinda like she's saying 'You can't just go in there wearing that! You need an upgrade!' As in better equips.
    The word upgrade implies otherwise to most of us, but I will hope with all I have that you are right and it was just a poor choice of wording.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

The word upgrade implies otherwise to most of us, but I will hope with all I have that you are right.
    STS do make mistakes, but I'm sure they know how much we all hate upgrades. It'd be a grave mistake and maybe a game ender if they were to bring upgrading armor back...

Turn your CAN'TS into CANS and your DREAMS into PLANS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

I do not hate upgrades. I've played games with marvellous item upgrading systems.

I hate the way it was implemented here. The barrel smashing nonsense and whatnot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

An example of an "upgrade" which could work is conceivable though:

-> Recipe fragment as drops from the elite bosses in the new campaign (recipe required for helm AND armor).

-> Recipe includes 2 major ingredients which drop from the other two elite bosses in the new campaign (of which there are 3 varieties so rogue upgrade would require 1x ice shard of tactics and 1x fire shard of tactics per upgrade, while the mage and warrior upgrade would require another variant). This would also retain value because the items would be removed from the game due to being constantly used up in crafting.

-> There is also the possibility of vial-like ingredients which drop from the mobs, as well as a dragonite-bar like component which is earned by farming currency similar to dragkin teeth or planar fragments.

-> upgrade components make up just a small part of the elite drop possibilities, with legendary armor, helms, and weapons making up another portion of the drop possibility as per usual.

As longs as the gear released and the components for any given upgrade provide motivation to farm to acquire them either for upgrade or sale, and a good balance of rarity in drops is achieved, there is no reason to totally rule out anything involving the word upgrade.

-> It's even conceivable (and probable) that the new legendary gear is better that the current best, and that the difficulty of the maps is such that many players would need to acquire the new legendary gear before being able to farm the ingredients to upgrade the mythic.

I do agree that an upgrade quest which can be completed in a day with just a token minimum effort, like the previous upgrade quests, would be extremely disappointing, and if any "upgrade" appears, I have sincerely hope that it will basically just be farming to craft new gear, while retaining old gear as an ingredient in the crafting.

Just speculation though... maybe Remi did just mean that we need better gear generally ^_^

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dalmony For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Upgrading means re-using gear you already have. That means nothing to farm for, no way to make money, and a ton of people quitting as soon as the quest is done. That's what happened when they had the mythic upgrade quest. It ruins the economy and leaves people without any goals or motivation to play.
    If upgrading 36 mythic helm/armor needed components and/or a recipe that required farming, wouldn't that create a win/win situation? I think it would be a mistake to want to sustain the current price level for imbued gear. Nothing kills the motivation to play faster than having ridiculously high price tags for every single piece of gear AND it's components.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Nothing kills motivation like having nothing to profit from. The best loot I have been able to get in the last 6 months is a reinforced blood gem I sold for 150k.

The only people who can afford to open enough planar chests to loot dark armours, are the ones who already have tons of money. So the current system of upgrading to get inbued gear is only benefitting the excessively wealthy.

As for arena, I know one person who has looted 12 recipes, yet I am well over 1000 arena runs (closer to 1500) and have still not looted a recipe or smelled a fossil. In fact I have only ever seen a single recipe drop for a teammate. My situation is not unique. The system is severely flawed.

You can't make money on crafting components. The economic and community damage caused by gear upgrading is too huge for that to suffice.
    Last edited by Serancha; 04-16-2015 at 03:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

It could just be plain and simple english.

Imbued would not have the same effect that current mythic sets do because Imbued is much harder to create and in limited supply. It still has not been spread to the masses yet!

What I would personally find cool is require old mythic sets + imbued as someone has mentioned before. This should get rid of supply and create the need to farm more imbued gear.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

The only people who can afford to open enough planar chests to loot dark armours, are the ones who already have tons of money. So the current system of upgrading to get inbued gear is only benefitting the excessively wealthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Imbued would not have the same effect that current mythic sets do because Imbued is much harder to create and in limited supply. It still has not been spread to the masses yet!

What I would personally find cool is require old mythic sets + imbued as someone has mentioned before. This should get rid of supply and create the need to farm more imbued gear.

*grins* This made me lol.

But seriously, although it may be a decent idea, it would still only be beneficial for those (such as yourself) who can afford to lose a bunch of money opening planar chests for a 4% chance at a dark item. The rest spend more in ankhs and potions than they can make selling the few chests they get - and they can't afford to open them with the odds that currently exist. I know you believe lack of wealth is a personal problem, but 95% of the players in the game have that personal problem, so it must be considered.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

The idea is to create sufficient balance in the AL economic system so that players of every wealth level are motivated to play and are able to make a profit for a reasonable amount of effort and/or real money spent. I don't think any option should be off the table except the upgrade-via-quest one. I think the more farming opportunities the better. With sufficient components/recipes/items/eggs/etc. to farm, we would see economic specializations develop because no single player would be able to farm everything they need. Trading would be required to succeed. This situation is ideal because it more closely imitates a real world economy.

The essential problem right now is that there isn't anything substantial in between locked farming (very inexpensive/low barriers to market entry) and elite farming (very expensive/high barriers to market entry). Until that issue is addressed the current economic problems will persist.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Niixed For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

You can't make money on crafting components.
    I disagree with the above Sera, check CS; ingots, planar (when crafted) fragments, vials, ( all crafting components), breezes, elite planar tombs sell. (Not to mention, the 18 recipes that can be bought with planar fragments & sold) At one time, you yourself even said you made a good deal of gold from farming regular essences (blood, fire, & glacial).. The more crafting components we have to farm the more gold we will make. We just have to farm it

Well said below

Quote Originally Posted by Thundyrz View Post
    The idea is to create sufficient balance in the AL economic system so that players of every wealth level are motivated to play and are able to make a profit for a reasonable amount of effort and/or real money spent. I don't think any option should be off the table except the upgrade-via-quest one. I think the more farming opportunities the better. With sufficient components/recipes/items/eggs/etc. to farm, we would see economic specializations develop because no single player would be able to farm everything they need. Trading would be required to succeed. This situation is ideal because it more closely imitates a real world economy.

The essential problem right now is that there isn't anything substantial in between locked farming (very inexpensive/low barriers to market entry) and elite farming (very expensive/high barriers to market entry). Until that issue is addressed the current economic problems will persist.
    Avy
    12-2012

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Frankly I'm growing tired of the constant speculation caused by sts' open ended and down right vague statements nearly 100% of the time. It's no different than providing misinformation. If you aren't going to tell us exactly what is in store for us, than don't say anything at all! You can clearly see in thread after thread that all these "teasers" do is cause frustration and leaves players that are dying for news left to speculate on what may be. Imo that's a horrible business model to follow. The forums used hold a wealth of knowledge, its now the place where common sense goes to die. Every time i log in here to try and learn a bit about what the future for AL may hold, in the end, I'm always left w more questions than when i arrived. Imo remis vague statement meant nothing more than you are going to need new gear. And we all know this will come at a high price. New maps will feature insane ankh eating mobs and more 1 hit bosses and u can bet on that.
    CO-GM <THE COLLECTIVE>

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Honestly, I am quite pessimistic about anything sts puts on the table. Knowing their track record, they are going to ignore the need for a lvl 46 mythic ring for another year or two and make an arcane armor.

I hope they choose to upgrade imbued over mythic set since imbued offers players a choice of gear that better suits their individual play styles. I'm sick of my mythic set and can't wait for the day where I can throw it in stash and use only for leveling new toons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

how u spend 5m upgrading gems on your imbued..im spended my money upgrading my mythic set..if you are discontented with that is your and imbued fans problems. If spacetime decide mythics dont be upgradable it's ok..but makes it tradable so i can sell it. Is not fair to remain bind on char if i don't need it more.
    At the sorrcer will be big problems with that because i have only 1200 defense at lv 41..and this is not enough for a non plat player. i don't have milions of money in game and im not a grazy game farmer. How i can compete with plat players who have 900 dmg at lv 41 in events? im not...so this game must be interesting for both parties. Sorry for my bad english I hope you will understand what i want to say. I still learning.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Whatever happen I'll just gonna chilling with Lv.46 Hellish.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

As of now, Remiem's statement is to vague for us to draw any conclusions. She probably worded it that way to get people interested and start speculating. I hope there will be some decent farmable (not imbued farmable but legit farmable) armor to bring life back to PvE. To all those asking for imbued to be upgraded or for mythic armor to be upgraded, you have chosen to spend the amount of gems and its unreasonable to ask for an upgrade to keep these gems. Same goes for the armor itself. Gems have never been transferable to other gear, and have been lost while upgrading in the past. A better solution would be to bring back these "exclusive" gems and make us farm for them again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    A better solution would be to bring back these "exclusive" gems and make us farm for them again.
    ^^ that^^sounds fun!
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

If they upgrade Imbued sets, it will just widen the gap between rich and poor people! Most of the people can't even get to hand on current imbueds. The imbued owners (rich people mainly) will just get stronger.
    It will take almost a year for other people to catch up with the golds and buy an imbued. But then new season will come and people would want better sets!

If they upgrade the mythic sets, it will kill elite farming!! Unless there are some huge crafting materials needed which can be farmed.

Anything which is super rare, is for luckiest or rich people only!!
    So I would suggest new gears in elites which is not super rare but better than any available gears!!
    If almost all people can farm and use them, the gap between Rich and poor will be lessen enough. The only gaps will be pets, gems and grade thing (which I'll explain down).

If these gears are not extreme rare, wouldn't they be super cheap? Where will the farmers get benefit then?
    That's why we can bring grade system in the new gears.
    What grade system is, nothing but an better upgrade!

Suppose, you get 1 new XYZ helm. It will be XYZ Grade I gear!
    If you collect 3 same XYZ gear and you can get a dragonite bar, you can upgrade it. After upgrade, it will change it's colour and be named as XYZ grade II.
    There will be different numbers of same gears needed and different craft material which will be farmable to upgrade them to next grade.
    Grade 10 (x) will be the highest!! And at grade 10 it will be turned into mythic rarity.
    This grade system can be done to new armor, weapon and ring aswel.

That way, farming will be alive, gap between rich and poor will be lessen, new player can farm hard and get to be good geared.

Thoughts?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

I'd be ok with upgrading anything, provided that the upgrading procedure:
    a) requires hard work/farming;
    b) takes time to complete.

I'll not be ok, if the upgrading procedure:
    a) includes annoying nonsense like the barrel smashing for myth helm upgrade;
    b) relies purely on luck (planar pendant recipe drop);
    c) can be completed by simply standing in town and buying the necessary stuff -> e.g. you have a ton of gold, you buy and pop planar chests, you loot dark crystal armors.

Thanks.