Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Influence of Pet in Arcane Legends Over Time

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

I completely agree with splitting all money earned while farming, but its very hard to find people who agree to this. Back when Mali was worth like 200-300k, I would run with a group who agreed to split any money earned from looting it. Good days. I would get up to 500k per day for hard grinding. However, when I bring this idea up with randoms I run with, most of them instantly leave the map and the others lol. I would be happy to evenly split the gold of any valuable item I loot (above 1m) both for arena and the upcoming expansion. Hit me up!

Note: You will probably be doing most of the giving gold since I have horrendous luck in pve. xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Gold sharing would be nice, but it really comes down to who you run with and trust. Some get gold sickness after looting the recipie. They won't want to share.

They should just make it equal drops where everyone in party loots the same thing.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    I completely agree with splitting all money earned while farming, but its very hard to find people who agree to this. Back when Mali was worth like 200-300k, I would run with a group who agreed to split any money earned from looting it. Good days. I would get up to 500k per day for hard grinding. However, when I bring this idea up with randoms I run with, most of them instantly leave the map and the others lol. I would be happy to evenly split the gold of any valuable item I loot (above 1m) both for arena and the upcoming expansion. Hit me up!

Note: You will probably be doing most of the giving gold since I have horrendous luck in pve. xD
    Hmu at Uiflaotara I will run with you for recipe and split gold with you as long as I get enough for a arcane pet (perf 5m) from recipe if I loot u can have rest. Lol

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Name:  Screenshot_2015-04-24-21-26-22.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  86.1 KB

I suggested this long ago and no one cared about it lol

And yes, since panic + slag(then Sam follwed) introduced, pets has become one of the most important thing. Good money maker I guess.

Hope we can have a pure farmable crafting arcane pet like Eric suggested too.
    Aegis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

But nekro is a Pure farmable crafting pet. The more arena you finish the more chest you open the more chance you get that fossil. Its just not fixed like Flagging in pvp to get that final AP lol. this is straight up luck and yea the luck is so off. one can loot in 10 chest and one can loot in 500+ lol ridiculous.

Twobnv & Twoxc & Twocrazy - Deviant Misfits Officer

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Everyone saying that average geared toons can run arena but they always mention 'rogue' try being an average geared tank and then come back and post. Can't earn money to buy ankhs because the price of locked is so low and there is no other places to farm that would be profitable.

sent from fritters beak

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

As a new player it's a bit disheartening to read this

I do have a few questions though

Are Grand Crates likely to rise in price again once the next expansion hits?

I've been saving mine so far but if it's just going to keep dropping i might as well get rid of them

Secondly, i have a lot plat and i could use some advice on how to spend it

Should i convert it to cash by selling ankhs/luck/xp stuff or are there some really good pets for a sorcerer and a rogue i should get first?

I went ahead and got Haze for both characters, they also have Courage from the adventurer pack
    Last edited by jn2002dk; 04-25-2015 at 09:14 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by twoc View Post
    All I gotta say is Farm Arena, Fossil does exist in those chest. A lot of people say they will never obtain Arcane ring when it first came out and now everywhere I look I see Arcane ring lol. You can't ask for something to Farm and then not wanna farm because the road is bumpy and rough or the reward is not to your liking. Sts has put a few decent pet for the majority of the players. Breeze, Fossils, Snappy. They are good pets, hell Nekro is indeed BEST for most TIMED MAP which is why nekro is consider one of the best and it is ARCANE.

You ask for more farmable mythic pets which i'm sure these pet won't come close to Arcane pets unless you expecting mythic pets to out best an arcane pet and to be setting TIMED using mythic pet? the leaderboard isn't just a board for anyone to tackle with any equipment or pets, the times are best for a reason because it's require the best of the best pets/equipment and yea some experience and skills xD just need lots of practice.

You want farmable mythic pet will mythic recipe pendant is quite deadly and is really good can't do any record without one nor can you do a record without arcane ring. Oh and about when you were once had every record in almost every map, that was before mythic pendant and nox fix plus among other stuff. there's a huge damage different in that and at the time lol no one or should I say DM was so not into doing record because it was at the release of Planar tomb which many were focus on farming and getting rich xD. Just saying.
    so you think everyone got their arcane rings by farming?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
    I see. But Grimm shouldn't be able to banish a 50m shield. Imo, this pet is already becoming very common. Most teams I'm on (pve & pve) have 2-3 nekros already. In a few months it will cost 20m and half of Arlor will own one.
    most teams you are on have 2-3 necros because you play with the same team
    and banish is banish be it from a 12mil pet or 400k pet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
    Sorry Raw, but I am going to disagree with you as well. You're not exactly scrounging up change to pay for pet food. If someone saw you idle in town, they would judge you as a rich player.

The fact that you run with under geared random players does not prove anything. Those people are probably in maps that they should not be in either because they lack the skill, gear or both. Nonetheless, those random players will make some of the best friends while struggling to complete one of those maps. Sure, they'll die 10x a run, but they'll have a great time doing it. Tell me that you remember those days. I know I do.

FYI, I sold my mythic bow long ago. My rogue, which I use to farm the Arena, is fully legendary. My rogue has a legendary expedition bow, it has icescale armor and helm and my pet is blinky. I use a haunted ring most of the time. This is an extremely inexpensive setup. This toon has looted multiple recipes. Enough recipes that any new player with the same setup as me can earn millions within a few months. It's up to them if they want to put in the time to farm. Most people don't put in the time and then they make a thread here saying stuff like, "did recipe get nerfed? I farmed for 5 hours and got nothing."

The people who you are calling poor now will be sorted out into two groups. Some of them will quit the game and make all sorts of excuses. Others will figure out how to earn gold and they will hit the ground running in the next expansion. Those players will be rich by the end of the next level cap and the same poor people will still be pointing fingers and writing threads to blame STS.

You know, people really need to stop asking for the best items to be easily farmable. Arcane Legends is a game to you and I, but to STS this is a business. In my company, we don't give things out for free so why should this be any different? They have done a lot of events so people could acquire items to sell or use. Despite that, there has been multiple confirmed Fossils looted as well. Don't expect a fossil to drop on a regular basis though, because Arcane Legends is a business and they're not here to hand away one of the best items in the game.
    ur rogue is legendary but you have a mage with necro n arcane ring...any rogue with the items can farm arena or tombs nicely but the problem is in buying pots n ankhs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    read again, when tanks were severily left behind i built a very *mediocre* geared rogue to make the point, that i can still farm better with it then on my maxed out tank. and i was right.

i farmed with it a lot. and i gave feedback in the forum that we need a better return in arena to make it worth farming, as most pve guild gms did. stg listened and created the reinforced gems. no game changers, but a help to keep up with the costs for ankhs.

i play all classes in endgame and since i am here since the start of the game i learned some things about game mechanics.

shiny also made his points based on knowledge and experience, not on wishful thinking.

if you read my post again, please point out where i played the elite card as you mentioned. a lot of people ran with me as a legendary rogue. and we have regularily legendary players in our party and still end up with very enjoyable runs, profitable after some grinding.

if your idea of an mmo is that you can just wander through it and have the same gear level after weeks as players who are here for several years, maybe you should overthink that a bit. my main point stays, arena can be done without max gear, as a lot of experienced players can show you.
    i am against the hardness of tombs or arenas based on gears but pls dont say u have a medium geared rogue n farm elites...firstly you have a multimillion dollar warrior at ur disposal secondly u dont have to think about ankhs thirdly u are a old player n u r famous...imagine a new player with legend gear..if he is rogue it is ok...if he is warrior or mage life will be hard for him...you cant understand out pain till u become one of us

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kriticality View Post
    Ard doesn't pvp much that I see and most of us that I play with gear, got it to play with the top 5% or whatever percentage you believe it to be.

I could care less about playing under geared people in pvp. I end up sitting in tdm most of the time anyway. The reason I spent the money I did was to compete with the people you are referring to.

I didn't play before this season. In fact I've only been playing 6 months I think. I don't have any reference point to before it was this way. I still find this game to be very fun.

I learned arena with blinky and slag just like everyone else. I got smashed in tombs just like everyone else. If you were slinging breeze egg at the beginning of tombs, you could've been pulling in 7-10m for the first and second month.

There are ways to catch up, money or luck, skill and time.

I don't think people feel like they are too elite. Just that people should walk a similar path for comparable results. Remember, [B]nobody had planar pendant or imbued to start running arena for recipe obviously. They were mythic players with varying weapons and pets.
    you want us to believe you farmed all ur gear?
    i have no problem with people being heavily geared but dont make it sound like you farmed without eating or drinkink day n night to get your gear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iinorex View Post
    you want us to believe you farmed all ur gear?
    i have no problem with people being heavily geared but dont make it sound like you farmed without eating or drinkink day n night to get your gear
    I don't want you to believe that. I don't think I said that. I've both farmed tens of millions and platted tens of millions.

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

But nekro is a Pure farmable crafting pet. The more arena you finish the more chest you open the more chance you get that fossil. Its just not fixed like Flagging in pvp to get that final AP lol. this is straight up luck and yea the luck is so off. one can loot in 10 chest and one can loot in 500+ lol ridiculous.
    Nekro is only pure farmable theoretically. Practically, it is impossible to put a approximate number if the number if chest you have to open to get nekro. People have opened 5k+ chest since it was announced in arena chest without looting. If 5k runs isn't enough what is?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Holmes View Post
    Everyone saying that average geared toons can run arena but they always mention 'rogue' try being an average geared tank and then come back and post. Can't earn money to buy ankhs because the price of locked is so low and there is no other places to farm that would be profitable.

sent from fritters beak
    One of my go-to warriors for arena is full legendary, and no I'm not talking about Imbued. He doesn't even have fancy gems in his gear, no arcane pets either. But with him my party can do 7-8min runs at 1 death per run or less, with two legendary bow rogues in party.

In contrast I've run with Bonesaw warrior who died more than me, demanded remaps whenever we got enraging obelisk, and was so slow boss had already killed one of the dps before he started tanking. I've run with Frost Bulwark warrior who ran around killing his allies with proximity ring and had to be told to heal.

In my book, a pro player doesn't necessarily have the best gear. But with them in party, a run goes more efficiently, that even the hardest challenges feel easier and more manageable.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ilhanna For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raw View Post
    Shiny, not to derail your point or to criticize you personally, but I think the logic you are using exemplifies the delusion that a lot of forumers have about Arcane Legends. A vast majority of forum posts are from the perspective of those who have been playing for a long period of time, and those who tend to gather real influence in the forums are often very rich in game. What we fail to realize is that most of Arcane Legend players are very poor. We often hear about the incredible amount of downloads that AL gets from the various stores, but in all honesty where are those players now? The customer retention in AL seems extremely low (meaning that people who download and try AL tend to quit more often than they keep playing). Customer retention should be one of the top priorities of any company.

Point being, that a vast majority of the threads in the General Discussion and Player vs Player address items that will help the top percentage of players, and is not representing the average player base. Your point below really exemplifies this. When I play TDM/CTF, I feel terrible for the average player who has no chance. When I run elites with randoms they are so vastly undergeared, and undereducated about the best tips/tricks that I literally wonder why they even bother playing.

With no income, and nothing profitable except Arena - which if you've played with legendary gear and mediocre experience will end up costing you a ton of ankhs - what do players have to look forward to? I loved the Halloween event because it actually gave players something notable to work towards. Grim!

Now what do they have? Planar Tombs? Locked Crates? zzz

I really behoove everyone on this forum to think about the future of our game and realize that we as the dedicated and active player base need to do more to promote the growth of this game by encouraging updates that will benefit all, not just us.
    Very well stated Raw

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Of course I believe you silly. I am just pointing out that just because someone runs arena, even if they run it a lot, there is no guarantee they're going to loot anything valuable in any number of runs. In fact. a lot of people may never see a fossil - that's all I meant.
    To further cement this point Kalizzaa ran the arena god knows how many times and I ran with also as a guildie and he never saw a recipe or fossil.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ilhanna View Post
    One of my go-to warriors for arena is full legendary, and no I'm not talking about Imbued. He doesn't even have fancy gems in his gear, no arcane pets either. But with him my party can do 7-8min runs at 1 death per run or less, with two legendary bow rogues in party.

In contrast I've run with Bonesaw warrior who died more than me, demanded remaps whenever we got enraging obelisk, and was so slow boss had already killed one of the dps before he started tanking. I've run with Frost Bulwark warrior who ran around killing his allies with proximity ring and had to be told to heal.

In my book, a pro player doesn't necessarily have the best gear. But with them in party, a run goes more efficiently, that even the hardest challenges feel easier and more manageable.
    I agree with you completely, but only thing I wanna say is, is there anyone who plays after seeing a warrior with complete legendary set??? Very few..... Yes I am mainly talking about PUG's here. And also not criticising anyone but whenever someone with complete legendary(mainly tank) set asks for a pt , there is really close to no probability that will get a pt. And there can be some tank who MAY be playing that map for first time completely unknown of what to do will still get a pt if having those mythics....
    Sorry to go completely off topic but I just wanted to say it.
    Yes I am one of those nab(can say completely nab still trying to get pt) tanks with legendary set :3

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

I've been doing this since recipe and fossil was put into arena loot. Base on recipe value, before when it was 11-15m, I was in a party of 3 and 2 of us looted recipe. Both the looter gave 2 mil each to the third person. On the day I looted a fossil, I was also in a party of 3 and I gave 5mil each to each party member. It was Lonakona and Prodtigy. What goes around come around ^^ keep doing good deeds rather it's big or small. This will keep their motivation up and for them to keep on playing and continue to strive on without feeling down and crappy about not getting anything. I know the feeling of not looting anything and seeing your party loot stuff and get rich it's very depressing.
    Twoc no offense but the average AL player can't afford to give out 5 mill. Let alone alot of players haven't seen 5 mill. unless it's attached to someone else lol. But it's a good thing to do for others though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

arena is soloable.....at first it was hard for me to even do arena in a party...but some of my friends from a elite pve guild showed me how to do it n i can solo it...not with rcord breaking time but i can without much death