Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Nekro - Overpowered?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Appeltjes View Post
    I believe the people in that video will still happily show you what they can do without a nekro.
    I kill them with their nekros. I would love to see them without it lmao

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by -no View Post
    Not exactly. There are plenty of nekro at 13-17 that has made my focus on obtaining one.
    Lol you are right it seems a lot have come out of nowhere

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Can some mod/dev tell us if they're going to do something about this issue?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

Probably not, with all due respect to the mods and producers, it's become evident they don't care that much about the correctness of the game, I asked them to correct a misleading post which was recognized by them to be misleading not directly but it was pretty obvious due to the way they responded but after i asked them to correct it still nothing has happened. Why do I write all this stuff? To show how little sts cares about the correctness of their game, skill balancing, scammers that get reported but nothing happens with obvious proof that they scam and last but not least the Godmode that Nekro gives players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oezheasate View Post
    the Godmode that Nekro gives players.
    Nekro gives a shield, not godmode. It's not impossible to kill a player with Nekro, it's just hard. Obviously you have to be somewhat geared... Why enter pvp undergeared?

Another thing, i'd guarantee that you wouldn't be complaining if you had a nekro. I'd.suggest stop crying on forums and log into game and farm/merch.

The expansion is on the horizon and large amounts of gold will be made. A lot of players will be able to afford a Nekro of their own when the expansion hits.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowz View Post
    If they release a new pet just as Op as nekro then the same 5% will have the new pet and continue to be OP while everyone else is food. The rich will just have variation in how to dominate everyone else. Is that what you want? If so then I feel sorry for you
    Make the pet incredibly easy to obtain. Make it possible to loot as easily as shadowlurk or through the new currency like breeze is. It's not very hard to find a solution if you actually bother to think. Try it sometime

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Meeh i dont think sts will listen to this.. Sts only cares on those players who spend plats.. If they nerf nekro (which most plat spender have) their valued plat spenders will go mad.. Its just impossible too if they will make an easy to obtain op pet.. How will they earn money if they make all good stuffs farmable xD.. Im a f2p guy i hate to say this but this is a pay to win game hate it or love it its a business..
    Last edited by bmooooo; 06-09-2015 at 01:48 PM.
    IGN:bmooooo<41>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Nekro is OP only when there's none in opposition because it tackles the main issue of endgame which is 1-combo kills (eg. a samael user vs an SNS user could get lucky and win the 1v1, this is not the case with Nekro).

They've already stated there's no intention of nerfing anything currently released so your best bet is to push/wait for the well-deserved scorch/snappy buff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Correction. They won't nerf anything that will cause uproar among the pillars of the community. They have shown to have no problem nerfing Breeze or Nilbog e.g.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tatman For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  47.2 KBWill STS nerf it? Not a chance ;(
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoul View Post
    I agree with this thread 100%.

I'd like to respectfully disagree about your comment stating that skill is nonexistent. It is simply because you have gear that you think skill is not needed. There are many undergeared players who are absolutely amazing in PvP and win against severe disadvantages.
    MMOs, no matter which way you look at it, take very little skill to compete in.

Here are the factors MMO PvP requires:
    - Gear
    - Ping
    - Device
    - Skill Judgement
    - Build
    - Speed
    - Understanding of Mechanics

The only factors that require skills is: skill judgement and speed. Understanding of mechanics is something irrelevant because it's simple memorization of information that players who took the time to analyze the game. Even those factors do not outweigh everything else and that is my point. I never stated that skill is nonexistent, I said it plays a very small role in MMOs like AL. If you want to see an MMO that took skill, play Pocket Legends or Star Legends (both of which, I was considered the top of my class during my time of playing).

On a side note: Pick any player excluding Night/Arrypotta (I consider them my equals, if not better players) and I'll gear down and win. Additionally, any MMO I have played, I have won tournaments in. Every. Single. One. So please do not say I am without skill or imply that. I have more than a handful of references that prove otherwise.

So no, it is not simply because I have gear that I think skill is not needed. I just think very little skill is needed to perform exceptionally in a four skill game like AL. There is very little diversity and very minor differences in strategy (apart from timed runs, which may be the only place where the game actually has some skill besides PvP tournaments).
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tatman View Post
    Correction. They won't nerf anything that will cause uproar among the pillars of the community. They have shown to have no problem nerfing Breeze or Nilbog e.g.
    It's one thing to nerf something that was designed to work as it does and another thing to fix stuff that's broken like Breeze's freeze immunity and the abnormally short Nilbog's AA. Not saying that those wouldn't be nice to have for the F2P players but if you let stuff like that stay as they are, it messes up the whole gear/pet progression plan since the next batch will have pets with AA's significantly less powerful (unless broken as well).

I had personally messaged both dev and mod concerning how powerful Nekro's shield has become. There were no changes or responses/statements that there will be adjustments; it's been months from the buff. It wouldn't make sense to apply any nerfs now.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anyona View Post
    Nekro gives a shield, not godmode. It's not impossible to kill a player with Nekro, it's just hard. Obviously you have to be somewhat geared... Why enter pvp undergeared?

Another thing, i'd guarantee that you wouldn't be complaining if you had a nekro. I'd.suggest stop crying on forums and log into game and farm/merch.

The expansion is on the horizon and large amounts of gold will be made. A lot of players will be able to afford a Nekro of their own when the expansion hits.
    Shield, stun immunity, speed boost, best stats of any Arcane pet (afaik).

I'd guarantee you'd change your mind if you weren't a current/aspiring Nekro owner. The pet is just plain wrong.

If the best gear item in the game is pitted against a regular team, there is still a chance that the undergeared team can win. So why is a pet so game changing that going up without it against a team with is suicide? It's possible to win against a larger number of players, such as a 4v5, 3v5, or even a 2v5...but not if Nekro is factored in.

Quote Originally Posted by bmooooo View Post
    Meeh i dont think sts will listen to this.. Sts only cares on those players who spend plats.. If they nerf nekro (which most plat spender have) their valued plat spenders will go mad.. Its just impossible too if they will make an easy to obtain op pet.. How will they earn money if they make all good stuffs farmable xD.. Im a f2p guy i hate to say this but this is a pay to win game hate it or love it its a business..
    Pay to play really if you think about it. The best items in the game cannot be directly farmed, only indirectly; and the affordability depends on the whims of the upper class which controls the market.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

I completely agree with what Alhuntrazeck has posted. Let me share my experience with you guys. This afternoon, i was pvping with a random team, versus a team of horror and/pr magnum(one or two didnt have title). In my team there was a ring warrior with sam, and another rogue with mythic bow. The other tank and i were "undergeared". The opposing team was conposed of 3 rogues(two para and one with ring and para), a mythic gun mage, and a ring warrior. Each time we clashed we managed to beat them. But funny thing happened. They sent one of their rogues to block on our team(mind you it was 4v5 already), and called a nekro mage to their side. After that mage joined, we lost every single time and had to leave the room. This is how op nekro is. At first they thought they can spam skills and kill us but we beat them so they call a god pet to beat us. Half of our team was undergeared anyways. And when i asked why they nekro to win, the tank said "smd". Now don't tell me the mage was the reason we lost, because it wasnt. It was nekro. That pet makes the team pretty much immortal unless your own team is maxed, or has nekro, or the opposing team is afk. Having to destroy a team thats half undergeared with a nekro is not how the game is supposed to be played. This gives us -1010101010% chance of winning. Its basically suicide to even see someone with a nekro in pvp, much less actually face them. Sts needs to create a way in which players can actually face it and have a chance to win.
    PS: i wont be posting the name of that tank/other people we vsed as sts will ban me since im not a "pillar" of the community. Zeus just ask in your guild, they know who they are
    Last edited by Oursizes; 06-09-2015 at 09:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    Shield, stun immunity, speed boost, best stats of any Arcane pet (afaik).

I'd guarantee you'd change your mind if you weren't a current/aspiring Nekro owner. The pet is just plain wrong.

If the best gear item in the game is pitted against a regular team, there is still a chance that the undergeared team can win. So why is a pet so game changing that going up without it against a team with is suicide? It's possible to win against a larger number of players, such as a 4v5, 3v5, or even a 2v5...but not if Nekro is factored in.
    I don't own a Nekro. If I sold some things then i'd be able to buy one but I don't because it's not compulsory. One thing people forget is that any Nekro changes will affect elite farming, especially in the expansion. 30 minute runs could be reduced to 20 minute runs because of Nekro. This is why i'm not in favor of a nerf.

In several situations I and my teamates have been able to defeat a team with Nekro in a clash, it's hard but not impossible. Also in 1v1s killing a Nekro mage/warrior is possible. Rogues? No, rogue 1v1s are down to the use of walls/terrains and who hits/crits first.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    If you want to see an MMO that took skill, play Pocket Legends or Star Legends (both of which, I was considered the top of my class during my time of playing).
    Uh, PL never really took much skill at all. Everything you listed here:

Here are the factors MMO PvP requires:
    - Gear
    - Ping
    - Device
    - Skill Judgement
    - Build
    - Speed
    - Understanding of Mechanics

The only factors that require skills is: skill judgement and speed. Understanding of mechanics is something irrelevant because it's simple memorization of information that players who took the time to analyze the game. Even those factors do not outweigh everything else and that is my point.
    Can also be said for PL, regardless of what cap you're referring to. Current end game requires less skill than Candy Land, and even the cap said to be the golden age of PvP in PL (56) emphasized more on the variables you listed than the user's true skill level. Especially if you're talking about pre-GCD. Really, the only time in PL where you could possibly argue it took some level of skill would be post-GCD 56. Arguing otherwise for any of the other caps would be outlandish.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to KingFu For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Why wouldnt sts Nerf necro is becoz its too late but its just so weird why they never realize that they used a SKILL for a pets AA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    It's one thing to nerf something that was designed to work as it does and another thing to fix stuff that's broken like Breeze's freeze immunity and the abnormally short Nilbog's AA. Not saying that those wouldn't be nice to have for the F2P players but if you let stuff like that stay as they are, it messes up the whole gear/pet progression plan since the next batch will have pets with AA's significantly less powerful (unless broken as well).

I had personally messaged both dev and mod concerning how powerful Nekro's shield has become. There were no changes or responses/statements that there will be adjustments; it's been months from the buff. It wouldn't make sense to apply any nerfs now.
    I am not sure Nekro was designed to work as it currently does. Do you sincerely believe, that if anyone tested this pet in actual gaming conditions, it would work like this?

And doesn't it mess up the whole pet progression plan too? I mean, what are we to expect in the form of the next arcane pet, that will be better or at least on par with this do-it-all undead fella? Banish in pvp? Immunity from incoming damage? Invisibility maybe?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Lets face it. This is MMORPG it's PVE based not PVP based like MOBA lol. Just wait it out, a new and more power pet will be out soon. Then there will be another nerf thread or buff thread.

Twobnv & Twoxc & Twocrazy - Deviant Misfits Officer

22. The Following User Says Thank You to twoxc For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oursizes View Post
    I completely agree with what Alhuntrazeck has posted. Let me share my experience with you guys. This afternoon, i was pvping with a random team, versus a team of horror and/pr magnum(one or two didnt have title). In my team there was a ring warrior with sam, and another rogue with mythic bow. The other tank and i were "undergeared". The opposing team was conposed of 3 rogues(two para and one with ring and para), a mythic gun mage, and a ring warrior. Each time we clashed we managed to beat them. But funny thing happened. They sent one of their rogues to block on our team(mind you it was 4v5 already), and called a nekro mage to their side. After that mage joined, we lost every single time and had to leave the room. This is how op nekro is. At first they thought they can spam skills and kill us but we beat them so they call a god pet to beat us. Half of our team was undergeared anyways. And when i asked why they nekro to win, the tank said "smd". Now don't tell me the mage was the reason we lost, because it wasnt. It was nekro. That pet makes the team pretty much immortal unless your own team is maxed, or has nekro, or the opposing team is afk. Having to destroy a team thats half undergeared with a nekro is not how the game is supposed to be played. This gives us -1010101010% chance of winning. Its basically suicide to even see someone with a nekro in pvp, much less actually face them. Sts needs to create a way in which players can actually face it and have a chance to win.
    PS: i wont be posting the name of that tank/other people we vsed as sts will ban me since im not a "pillar" of the community. Zeus just ask in your guild, they know who they are
    I refuse to play PVP until they have a room where all gear is equal. I don't want to farm lesser-geared players and I don't want to be food for over-geared gangers (skilled or unskilled).

I get all the PVP I need in other games, like first person shooters where the gear is equal. It's more honest that way. I've also never cared about KDR because you can tell by playing with or against someone how good they actually are, and I love playing against people who are better than me because that's the only way you get better.

Don't get me wrong. I think it's cool to be able to get really good gear, and there is a place for PVP with a gear disparity, but there also needs to be a room where there is no hiding behind a Nekro and para gems.

I can't tell you how many times when I first started I was called a noob for having bad gear. It's laughable. Gear does not equal skill. And this game, I'm sorry, does not require the skill level of other games. Yes, there is a lot to be said for the metagame and technique (and the art of making gold without plat), but it just will never rise to the level of, say, a first person shooter. It's more than a button-masher, but let's not kid ourselves.

Any game where there is a huge gear disparity will always mask skill. If STS ever makes a PVP room where all gear is equal, I will gladly play. Until then, meh. I'll doing all my PVPing on Left 4 Dead 2, Halo, and Monday Night Combat.