Thread: My opinions on Auto Level 41

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quick Story:
    I was pugging elite wilds with a war, mage, rogue, and myself(mage)
    All of us were average geared so we got to the boss at 12 minutes parked the 2 guards when the war said kelvin.
    This was around the time of planar tomb release and the Kelvin stun strategy very popular for average PUG parties.
    (none of us used kelvin except the war)
    Once the boss was dead the war called us noobs and left.

This is the difference between theoretical knowledge and knowledge through experience.
    Now I am sure that player had read somewhere on the forums the kelvin stun strategy and how to park. He was also somewhat skilled at being a warrior.
    Now imagine that same player, he wont know how to use horn, he would ram into huge #'s of mobs that he can't handle, he wouldn't keep aggro, and he would split up the mobs...

The argument that 30k xp is enough to figure out the ropes of the game is not true for many players. At level 1 these players are able to be guided by players to learn about builds, strategy etc.... Very few players will be willing to help out a level 41 with basics of the game. Most players will just read str, dex, int and say, "Strength is important to survive. Dex is important just to avoid attacks. Int is important for targeting mobs. Hmmmm since I can point my char in the direction that eliminates use for int. Lets just build super tanky since dodging is probably hard."(This is what I first thought when I first leveled up) Now imagine if this is a mage or rogue..... Imagine a rogue upgrading some of the glitched skills... Imagine a mage not charging any attacks..... This is all quite viable and very few people will give these people instruction on how to play, instead they will be mocked, made fun of, and ignored.
    Please refer to the "When you were knew...." thread I think by Zylx to see what you are in store for as PUG's

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caabatric For This Useful Post: