Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: In case you wonder ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by princesslovess View Post
    What would you like us to do then, just keep running the new maps all day, i will tell you something it is not something that people want to do. people want the good gear to show off, why wouldn't they since they have the gold, most people would quit the Test server if they could only have bad epic gear within realizing that they die nearly every second with the new maps Maybe you are just jelly? maybe not, but have some ice-cream to go with it...
    I think that is the purpose of the test server... To test...

The test server is optional. There is no obligation for you to even download it. So the least you could do would be to actually fulfill its purpose. Some of us Chrome/iOS users (myself included) would gladly log on just to "run new maps all day."
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ebezaanec For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Maybe everyone starts in epic gear, then after completing x number of runs receives legendary gear, then after x number of runs, mythic. That way each person seriously concerned with testing the new content experiences that content at most levels of gearedness, and precisely how the difficulty alters. That might produce a more nuanced lot of feedback then simply hearing from one end of the spectrum that the maps are too hard, and how easy they are from the other end.

I agree with the idea of introducing a gold cap in test server CS however, this would need to be accompanied by disabling the person-to-person trade function in order to be effective.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

What would you like us to do then, just keep running the new maps all day, i will tell you something it is not something that people want to do. people want the good gear to show off, why wouldn't they since they have the gold, most people would quit the Test server if they could only have bad epic gear within realizing that they die nearly every second with the new maps Maybe you are just jelly? maybe not, but have some ice-cream to go with it...
    The purpose of ts is to run all the maps and find bugs and things that sts can change/make better before a full expansion, not to play dress up. I'm poor as DIRT in live server and I still could care less bout being rich in the ts because its pointless to plat farm gold for God knows how many hours when it could be spent TESTING THE NEW MAPS.
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebezaanec View Post
    I think that is the purpose of the test server... To test...

The test server is optional. There is no obligation for you to even download it. So the least you could do would be to actually fulfill its purpose. Some of us Chrome/iOS users (myself included) would gladly log on just to "run new maps all day."
    That's what you think you would do, but after running the maps 4-5 times you get bored of the maps....that's what i thought i would do is run the maps but got bored after about 20 times

rouge-Princessloves-46
    mage-Queenloves-41

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

I found the maps fairly easy on my mage full legendary gear... I could solo all of them just need to have the right skills and timings..

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xcainnblecterx View Post
    The purpose of ts is to run all the maps and find bugs and things that sts can change/make better before a full expansion, not to play dress up. I'm poor as DIRT in live server and I still could care less bout being rich in the ts because its pointless to plat farm gold for God knows how many hours when it could be spent TESTING THE NEW MAPS.
    Yus i know but but do you expect people to run with these stats?

Rouge:..Pet porkchop
    Hp: 2,350 health.
    damage: 336.8
    mana: 885
    Dps: 505.3
    Armor: 111

Warrior..Porkchop
    Hp: 5,300
    damage: 225.8
    Mana:1,040
    dps:225.8
    Armor: 361

Mage:...Porkchop
    Hp:3,045
    Damage: 360.2
    mana: 5150
    Dps: 463.1
    Armor: 121

rouge-Princessloves-46
    mage-Queenloves-41

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

That's what you think you would do, but after running the maps 4-5 times you get bored of the maps....that's what i thought i would do is run the maps but got bored after about 20 times
    Even if you ran the map 20 times its ok cause you did run it. Whats is being ridiculously speculated in this thread is that the players who have gold set, bug lix and trade in test server don't play its content. Paradox Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

if mercher have no possibility to merch in ts and their only intention is to buy n sell n get rich, they ll not online (beside let ppl have their fun and be happy coz they make some gold n buy items they cant own in real server)
    "in fact what some ppl dont think of is that the amount of real tester will not change"
    why some ppl make so much drama lol
    if u really want to test the new content and give ur constructive feedback then just do it n stop complaining
    beside i like it that so many player online even if they only merch in town coz company is always nice
    and then... some ppl need to relax n dink tea lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

It's not to each their own when they're occupying server space being useless and in the way of anyone who's trying to do what they're supposed to be doing; run maps and give feedback.

It's not to each their own when anyone carrying a single mythic is being spammed the minute he sets foot in town with ridiculous offers on it.

It's not to each their own when these excuses of merchants drive the price of basic legendaries sky high and force anyone who's trying to find some decent gear to run with and have fun in the new maps to either join the foolish gold-farming or call it quits.

If all you want is to "chill" in towns wearing flashy vanities doing nothing to feel better about yourselves then make a suggestion about "free gold week". Until then, keep your purposeless butts out of test server. Plain and simple.
    Last edited by Madnex; 06-18-2015 at 11:15 AM.

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    It's not to each their own when they're occupying server space being useless and in the way of anyone who's trying to do what they're supposed to be doing; run maps and give feedback.

It's not to each their own when anyone carrying a single mythic is being spammed the minute he sets foot in town with ridiculous offers on it.

It's not to each their own when these excuses of merchants drive the price of basic legendaries sky high and force anyone who's trying to find some decent gear to run with and have fun in the new maps to either join the foolish gold-farming or call it quits.

If all you want is to "chill" in towns wearing flashy vanities doing nothing to feel better about yourselves then make a suggestion about "free gold week". Until then, keep your purposeless butts out of test server. Plain and simple.
    Agreed.

The load time when playing test server is ridiculous. Especially when we have all this baggage of players trying to play rich for one week. It drove me to the point where, after finding the most prevalent bugs and issues, I gave my stuff away on test server and logged off for good.

It's infuriating, really.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Lol way too serious.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Not to mention, I have bought Android devices just for this specific purpose: testing

Keep in mind, these android devices are not cheap either: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire Phone

It's more than frustrating when testing becomes a 5 minute wait. One cannot zone from map to map due to the server load of people attempting to be rich instead of testing.

What I suggest:

- Two Servers

Server 1: Limitations that Madnex suggested
    Server 2: No Limitations
    Last edited by Zeus; 06-18-2015 at 11:29 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Agreed.

The load time when playing test server is ridiculous. Especially when we have all this baggage of players trying to play rich for one week. It drove me to the point where, after finding the most prevalent bugs and issues, I gave my stuff away on test server and logged off for good.

It's infuriating, really.
    It had a load time greater than the live server of AL? Well techincally its not possible cause it consists only a part of the population of AL.
    AL. Sounds like a server issue or probably "cat" chewing your wires.

As far as the complain here goes, I dont get the point really. Lol dont hate the players for trying to feel op. I am sure there are plenty of players who go there to test. If everybody started giving their feedbacks here it would be chaos. So its better only a few give.

Well an important thing, is some people do get op gears and then test it and say the maps are very easy. But i guess most pros know how to test the TS.

And yes, the price of basic legendaries is sky high. Thats a real pain for anyone who tries to test the test server legit. But as someone said maybe Sts can make it give all the pinks associated with the expansion beforehand to every new character. That way no one has to worry about anything about getting the legendaries =)
    Cause Anarchial causes only ANARCHY!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Not to mention, I have bought Android devices just for this specific purpose: testing

Keep in mind, these android devices are not cheap either: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire Phone

It's more than frustrating when testing becomes a 5 minute wait. One cannot zone from map to map due to the server load of people attempting to be rich instead of testing.

What I suggest:

- Two Servers

Server 1: Limitations that Madnex suggested
    Server 2: No Limitations
    Lol no need to point out that you are rich irl.
    I still dont understand why you never thought that maybe its server's fault for all the lag instead of directly blaming it to the population?
    More gold=more lag? I doubt it.
    Cause then you and twoxc would always lag in live server lol <3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Not all likes to find bugs like you . Some like to have a sneak peek at the new content of new expansion and enjoy it. Some like to be flashy in test server as well.
    You cant tell anyone to keep their butts out of a test server just because u dont want them. Its rude and unwanted. Anybody can keep their butts in or butts out of the test server as they please.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchial View Post
    It had a load time greater than the live server of AL? Well techincally its not possible cause it consists only a part of the population of AL.
    AL. Sounds like a server issue or probably "cat" chewing your wires.

As far as the complain here goes, I dont get the point really. Lol dont hate the players for trying to feel op. I am sure there are plenty of players who go there to test. If everybody started giving their feedbacks here it would be chaos. So its better only a few give.

Well an important thing, is some people do get op gears and then test it and say the maps are very easy. But i guess most pros know how to test the TS.

And yes, the price of basic legendaries is sky high. Thats a real pain for anyone who tries to test the test server legit. But as someone said maybe Sts can make it give all the pinks associated with the expansion beforehand to every new character. That way no one has to worry about anything about getting the legendaries =)
    It's not impossible from a technical standpoint. In your scenario, you are assuming that the test server has the same capabilities as the normal game server. However, that is not the case. In reality, it is a much smaller server (or even sharing a server w/ something else) with limitations. Thus, this is why you see scenarios where test server faces massive disconnects but normal server is unaffected. This happened in the past and developers stated that the test server was meant to handle smaller loads of data.

Lol no need to point out that you are rich irl.
    I still dont understand why you never thought that maybe its server's fault for all the lag instead of directly blaming it to the population?
    More gold=more lag? I doubt it.
    Cause then you and twoxc would always lag in live server lol <3
    I pointed that out to show that some people are just testing and go the extra mile to test, nothing more. There are far more expensive devices to list if it was for the purpose of showing off. These were mid-range devices that I solely use for testing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    475 Posts

I propose a Cat Walk Server. I will open my own guild though <Titanium's Secret> . Pier should be called Saint Tropez, Expedition - Paris , Stronghold - Moscow , City of Kely's - Milano etc. No need for maps with mobs or elites. Only towns! Are we doing this or not?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

It's not impossible from a technical standpoint. In your scenario, you are assuming that the test server has the same capabilities as the normal game server. However, that is not the case. In reality, it is a much smaller server (or even sharing a server w/ something else) with limitations. Thus, this is why you see scenarios where test server faces massive disconnects but normal server is unaffected. This happened in the past and developers stated that the test server was meant to handle smaller loads of data.

I pointed that out to show that some people are just testing and go the extra mile to test, nothing more. There are far more expensive devices to list if it was for the purpose of showing off.
    No i didnt say you were showing off I know you long enough to know you dont show off. I just said there was no point in telling the device list where you could just framed it otherwise cause others may construe it as showing off.
    But i still think that the test server is for everybody. If they decide to let only few enter then those will have a huge advantage like the dragonite bar case

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

No i didnt say you were showing off I know you long enough to know you dont show off. I just said there was no point in telling the device list where you could just framed it otherwise cause others may construe it as showing off.
    But i still think that the test server is for everybody. If they decide to let only few enter then those will have a huge advantage like the dragonite bar case
    I am not saying to bar anybody from being let in. However, I am suggesting creating two different servers. One with limitations that Madnex suggested and one with no limitations. I suspect that the stress of the limitations server will be minimal.

And agreed, I could have worded that better so I apologize that I did not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I am not saying to bar anybody from being let in. However, I am suggesting creating two different servers. One with limitations that Madnex suggested and one with no limitations. I suspect that the stress of the limitations server will be minimal.

And agreed, I could have worded that better so I apologize that I did not.
    Yea two servers can work. But will sts go the extra mile? If they do win win for everybody