Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Elite Ren Question - The shielder

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tatman View Post
    1. I can't find a post by a STS staff member, that says the gladiator/shielder/whatever is supposed to shield himself.

2. Contrary to what some here say, this mob did NOT shield himself in normal maps before the elites were tweaked. I clearly remember this from my daily quests - e.g. map 2, last mob group before boss. This guy did not shield himself, now he does.

3. This matters, since it's probably the main reason why elites look harder now. That's my opinion at least. The mobs groups, that do not have a gladiator in them, are still quite easy and fast to kill.

I don't mind the current state of these maps, just trying to clear things a bit.

p.s. There also seems to be some kind of a glitch with this guy, where some mobs remain shielded even after he's dead. I have not tested in detail ofc, but it seems to happen when you pull a second mob group.
    refer to this, the screenshot was made long ago before elite was released, you can see that indeed the gladiator (or the shielder) has the shield icon, both on his head and around himself
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to extrapayah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by extrapayah View Post
    refer to this, the screenshot was made long ago before elite was released, you can see that indeed the gladiator (or the shielder) has the shield icon, both on his head and around himself
    Yes, long ago as in several days after expansion was released. A lot of updates happened between then and now. I clearly remember that guy not shielding himself until recently, but whatever.

proof:

Name:  c909a3260065010194b8d40314fd9d80.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  370.6 KB

You can look for other screenshots in this thread, ty: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...M-SS-Thread!!!
    Last edited by Tatman; 09-08-2015 at 09:37 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tatman For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,024 Posts

Ohh wow. Yeah we need sts to take a look at this and see if we have a bug going on or he is meant to shield himself or not. Truly the main reason, for me at least, is once they all have a shield and are clumped up its basically impossible to see which is the shielding orc. If he didn't have shield or the head icon was replaced it would be easier to identify which orc is which.

Thanks tat for that ss!!! You have good memory on this. Also that beast guide written is great I enjoyed the read.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

So did some 7-8 more runs. I can confirm that the shield does not wear off sometimes when the shielder is dead. This includes also no healers at the area, nor any other mobs as those were cleared as well. Seems to be e bug. I hope that it wont take another 2-3 weeks for a fix.

P.S. In the pt i was (2 or 3 maxed rogues) the runs took 7-9 minutes depending on the map and some luck (unfortunate pull when u skip the brutes, etc.), which is an acceptable time. But in all those runs 20ish rolls on the boss 1 (one) single rune was looted between all of us and not a single legendary worth more than 888 gold. on the other hand I personally had to use 12 ankhs and about 1300 potions. Further I am not really a fan of closed pts and excluding guildies and other classes, so that u can be somewhat efficient.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,024 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
    So did some 7-8 more runs. I can confirm that the shield does not wear off sometimes when the shielder is dead. This includes also no healers at the area, nor any other mobs as those were cleared as well. Seems to be e bug. I hope that it wont take another 2-3 weeks for a fix.

P.S. In the pt i was (2 or 3 maxed rogues) the runs took 7-9 minutes depending on the map and some luck (unfortunate pull when u skip the brutes, etc.), which is an acceptable time. But in all those runs 20ish rolls on the boss 1 (one) single rune was looted between all of us and not a single legendary worth more than 888 gold. on the other hand I personally had to use 12 ankhs and about 1300 potions. Further I am not really a fan of closed pts and excluding guildies and other classes, so that u can be somewhat efficient.
    Okay that's good to know Jazzi and hope we can get some feedback on these issues. Also the giant attack bug how it hits before he even swings. If you are just working on the 2-tag quest see my guild thread for what I am currently doing. It's a no-ankh quickie way to farm those tags.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

If the myth set were better, I would be confident the prices would rise to a profitable level. However, the set being what it is, I'm not sure these maps will ever be worth running other than for the fun of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,024 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Coug View Post
    If the set were better, I would be confident the prices would rise to a profitable level. However, the set being what it is, I'm not sure these maps will ever be worth running other than for the fun of it.
    If there is a component of stampy included in the maps they will become a goldmine. Stampy seems to be very promising, especially to the PvP players who no doubt will pay top dollar for a pet that gives them an edge over the rest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    Okay that's good to know Jazzi and hope we can get some feedback on these issues. Also the giant attack bug how it hits before he even swings. If you are just working on the 2-tag quest see my guild thread for what I am currently doing. It's a no-ankh quickie way to farm those tags.
    Tbh I was just doing hobby farming. Was not after the tags or the boss loots for that matter. I am just sharing what the loot was. I know, one could run ankhless if one shold only go for the tags.

Tbh the insignias, which i refuse to buy, are too big of a bottleneck for me. Didnt get any during the last 6 days of doing dailies on 2 toons. In this regard I have more than enough tags

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

This seems to happen when you aggro another group of mobs (not the one the shielder is in), then kill shielder. Mobs from shielder's original group are now properly not shielded any more. Mobs from the second group however seem to retain the shields.

Also I think this may happen, if a mob resets and you aggro it again, but not entirely sure about this.

Anyway this is definitely a bug and needs looking into.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    Yes the Giants are bugged too. The attack sometimes comes before he swings.

I haven't seen the shields remain after the gladiator is down, I'll look for that though. Good catch.
    The giants is the only part of elite Ren'gol that's really not fun. Sometimes no matter what I do, no matter how far I am, he swings the club and I am dead (5500HP, 1900 armor, Nekro shield). It would be nice if STS adds at least red zone because now the attack is totally unpredictable. I was even killed standing farther from him then the others. Not funny at all.

KingMartin AKA Queenotshade
    GM at <Elite Runners>
    Sig: Courtesy of Bloodpack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Random death from Giants is actually pretty annoyiing. I sigh and revive, but I'd much rather not have to deal with Hand-of-God deaths.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Yea the hand of God deaths really suck, I've been waaaaay far away from them and BAM....dead no red zone no giant around still dead... Sts really needs to do quality checks by running them before releasing

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Diggdugg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    350 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tatman View Post
    p.s. There also seems to be some kind of a glitch with this guy, where some mobs remain shielded even after he's dead. I have not tested in detail ofc, but it seems to happen when you pull a second mob group.
    You are right. The second mob group remains shielded after having resetted.

Attachment 140496