Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: To make the mythic set... or not?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

I have a minor suggestion to make people a little happier with the sets :

What if the set bonus is applied as a percentage of gear worn?

Example :
    Wear 4 pieces of the new mythic as a rogue and the set bonus skill is 100% retraction
    3 pieces : 85% retraction
    2 pieces : 70% retraction
    1 piece : 55% retraction

You could apply the same for warriors or mages. Obviously the mage lightning strike wouldn't be as high for the percentage lost for percentage worn. Warriors would go down to 2 axes if you only wear two pieces, etc (can't throw half and axe lol)

That surely would help those a bit who want to still wear their arcane ring / planar amulet. Just a lil suggestion.
    ORIGINAL ART BY CARLOS ORTEGA ELIZALDE
    46 R/W/M | <E N I G M A T I C> | CARROTS

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jexetta For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carmine_blade View Post
    I'm not crafting the set. I've just been selling off insignia, fangs and runes.

I truly do appreciate STS's efforts to reduce the gap between max and not-maxed gear, I just think they may have gotten the balance off with this mythic set. Given it should be the best gear of the whole expansion (meaning better than event gear too), it's just not awesome enough to warrant the effort. Only the arcane ring should stay top of the game because, well, it's arcane lol.

Jewels are the other sticking point. As others have said, eyes and paras won't be phased out while the gear they're in continues to trump new gear, and while there is no jewel that even comes close. That said, I'm curious what jewels will be available in upcoming events- I see no reason why a craftable event jewel that's similar to an eye couldn't be crafted. Or noble jewel rewards.
    Thing is many players just crafted planar pendant right before expansion, and right after when they could actually afford recipe

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

I havent even gotten started on legendary, just collecting tags and insignias, i guess ill have to do it for the helment and armor, sigh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jexetta View Post
    I have a minor suggestion to make people a little happier with the sets :

What if the set bonus is applied as a percentage of gear worn?

Example :
    Wear 4 pieces of the new mythic as a rogue and the set bonus skill is 100% retraction
    3 pieces : 85% retraction
    2 pieces : 70% retraction
    1 piece : 55% retraction

You could apply the same for warriors or mages. Obviously the mage lightning strike wouldn't be as high for the percentage lost for percentage worn. Warriors would go down to 2 axes if you only wear two pieces, etc (can't throw half and axe lol)

That surely would help those a bit who want to still wear their arcane ring / planar amulet. Just a lil suggestion.
    This is brilliant. It would give a much higher incentive to players to get at least one piece of the set.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

I say craft the full piece. because you already @ 75% of making full set. You crafted orcslayer and now you have 2 mythic pieces. now 2 to go. Finish the set.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    Another annoying addition... the fact that we are STILL RELIANT ON EYES AND PARA GEMS

Is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish to the heavens that they would take another looksie at jewels so we can seriously not give a flying frisbee about those old gems anymore.
    so true when will they listen!!!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Roninmoro; 09-15-2015 at 11:13 PM. Reason: swearing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I imagine new kind of rogue with this mythic set, Tank Rogue. High dodge, above average health. Using razor, veil, trap that stronger than warrior taunt in pulling mobs.
    [Newcomx, Newcomy, & Newcomz]

Robhawk

I can tell you what i did.

I stopped crafting the orc slaying, legendary set the day when stats of the new myth gear was released. I also didn't craft the planar pendant for month because of the upcoming new myth set... so with the new myth amulet stats in mind i bought drag bar and crafted the planar pendant and with my current setup i am far better then the complete new myth setup will be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

mythic gears just sucks!!bcoz--
    1) u have to waste a lot of gold for orcslaying gears.U could hv get a lot money by selling gold orc chest nd insignia.
    2) arcane ring nd planar pendant still best.for the bonus u hv to get the total glinstone sets.

i think only fools or those who r rich will craft these gears!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

I'm in no hurry creating mythic set myself, I'm happy farming insignia and selling them for little profit. Incase they do chance the bonus and stats hord all your tags.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Newcomx View Post
    I imagine new kind of rogue with this mythic set, Tank Rogue. High dodge, above average health. Using razor, veil, trap that stronger than warrior taunt in pulling mobs.
    But lose massive amount of critical , not using any lv46mythic piece my dodge already 57%, same i can make 5.6-5.8k hp (trade off with dmg ? Meh ) if iwant ofc not using single of this lv46mythic, razor,trap,veil ? Omg ill lose my nox ,pierce, and SSS ! lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

I personally am not crafting it for now. I am doing normal rengol dailies and am trying to farm the insignias myself. Got 3 total over the last 15 days of dailies with 2 toons (90 runs). With that speed I will be done with the orcslaying set around the beginning of May 2016. After that we well see, depending on the proximity of the next level cap and the general player activity, which is very low now.

I really do not see any reason to pay 20+ million (good gems/jewels + buying 50% of the ingredients) in order to gain 200 armour, but lose crit + a massive amount of health and maybe damage (if I would use the whole set).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
    I personally am not crafting it for now. I am doing normal rengol dailies and am trying to farm the insignias myself. Got 3 total over the last 15 days of dailies with 2 toons (90 runs). With that speed I will be done with the orcslaying set around the beginning of May 2016. After that we well see, depending on the proximity of the next level cap and the general player activity, which is very low now.

I really do not see any reason to pay 20+ million (good gems/jewels + buying 50% of the ingredients) in order to gain 200 armour, but lose crit + a massive amount of health and maybe damage (if I would use the whole set).
    Not going anywhere for awhile????..............LOL..........
    Name:  Gamer-2.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  79.3 KB

Sucks, but with the insignia drop rates happening the way they are we are kinda forced to buy....... This set would be a good hunt for those without the GOOD imbueds.... But I think they said more buffs coming, gotta C this......
    Last edited by Motherless_Child; 09-15-2015 at 09:55 AM.

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by debitmandiri View Post
    But lose massive amount of critical , not using any lv46mythic piece my dodge already 57%, same i can make 5.6-5.8k hp (trade off with dmg ? Meh ) if iwant ofc not using single of this lv46mythic, razor,trap,veil ? Omg ill lose my nox ,pierce, and SSS ! lol
    I'm talking about different kind of rogue, by utilising 100% retraction and maybe hold mobs maximising dodge. You talking about mainstream rogue, with full dmg, high crits. I don't know if it's working or not until I test it myself.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    [Newcomx, Newcomy, & Newcomz]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Motherless_Child View Post
    Not going anywhere for awhile????..............LOL..........

Sucks, but with the insignia drop rates happening the way they are we are kinda forced to buy....... This set would be a good hunt for those without the GOOD imbueds.... But I think they said more buffs coming, gotta C this......
    Well, I wouldn't farm the normal maps for insignias with that drop rate and paying 1,3ish million for the ones I need, in order to craft a legendary set, which cant sell and won't use is just meh. So i resort to doing the dailies only for the tags. Tbh I do have the good imbueds, but even if i didn't it is would be much cheaper to buy them than to craft this set and then to gem/jewel it, so that it is somewhat comparable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Newcomx View Post
    I'm talking about different kind of rogue, by utilising 100% retraction and maybe hold mobs maximising dodge. You talking about mainstream rogue, with full dmg, high crits. I don't know if it's working or not until I test it myself.
    Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    Believe me, that mainstream rogue is better than focusing on 100% trap pull and maintaining aggro x_x,
    ill go with mage and use whim for 100% pulling-lock down-freeze, no ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I quit playing AL after I heard it requires teeth to make the pendant.
    Last edited by jorpox; 09-15-2015 at 01:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jorpox View Post
    I quit playing AL after I heard it requires teeth to make the pendant.
    But it doesn't. The guildie who told u that in guildchat must have been thinking about the planar pendant. I tried to explain, but u went offline very fast

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Jazzi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

I am excited for the 100% net retraction with the 4 second stun. I see the advantage of having this skill especially in planar & Ren'gol elites.
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I'll make it short NO ITS NOT WORTH TO CRAFT THE MYTHIC SET!!

And another point jewels.... Jewels are not worth it i mean over 10 m for one noble is so op and we need 18 jewels if you full mythic/arcane that means 180 mio for just jewels!!!! Thats crazy... I dont get why they took out gems they were a lot better and not even close that expencive!!! Only thing that is good about jewels is you can take them out of your gear but anyways its imbossilbe to farm a noble jewel.

So my solution for jewels is to make them drop everywhere in Arlor!! Like you could drop essences for gems than it would be possible to craft a noble jewel without spending over 10 mio on it!!!
    I mean who can afford 180 mio or even more just for JEWELS THATS CRAZY...

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Bomm For This Useful Post: