Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: What's the purpose of opening kraken mines to all level?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Default What's the purpose of opening kraken mines to all level?

First, I thought we will get a place to farm crates. But obviously not atm. We can't join on our own. Even when we join km3 through our friends, it's too difficult 'to farm crates'.
    Just as the title, I'm wondering what's the purpose of opening kraken mines to all level. It's kind of pointless.

Or will you make an access quest to mines and scale maps?
    Aegis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Yes! I was happy to hear that there will be no more useless farming of WT4 on twinks for energies and that we will be able to farm crates and energies in the same time.

I am sad to hear that it's not the case.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

I see this as a bad idea,ren'gol locks already dropped in price about 1k since the update.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingMartin View Post
    Yes! I was happy to hear that there will be no more useless farming of WT4 on twinks for energies and that we will be able to farm crates and energies in the same time.

I am sad to hear that it's not the case.
    Yep. Twink lost farming place since Jarl lost its place.
    The idea was appreciated but it's not working as it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrian View Post
    I see this as a bad idea,ren'gol locks already dropped in price about 1k since the update.
    I think it's more because the event ended, and there is not much things to farm atm. No twinks are really farming crates from km3 I believe.
    Aegis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

I tried to solo KM3 on my lvl 15 geared rogue with nekro, failed miserably. Mobs are lvl 21 I believe, so low lvl twinks are still SOL. Serves no purpose making KM3 available for all levels if the mobs are still lvl 21-25.

6.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Hey guys,

specifically there were a lot of customer service issues related to KM access, and in a new update this week you will no longer have to complete the Blood hammer quest line to gain access to it either.

Ultimately this is older content, and we're making it easier to access for newer players.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Mobs/bosses will still be scaled to lvl 21-25?
    Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Hey guys,

specifically there were a lot of customer service issues related to KM access, and in a new update this week you will no longer have to complete the Blood hammer quest line to gain access to it either.

Ultimately this is older content, and we're making it easier to access for newer players.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Hey guys,

Nice to hear that. Still the question posed by bluebatthing about scaling remains. Id wait another 3 weeks for the update if its done properly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Scale mobs pleaseee. They hitting way too hard

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Hey guys,

Nice. Don't forget to scale them accordingly. They don't have to be ubereasy like WT, but still they should feel like, say, KM3 for end game toon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Hey guys,

Thank you for the response!
    I'm looking forward to seeing the update.

And please scale the maps like all others asked.
    Aegis

13.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Scaling the effective level of the zone from 21+ down to say 10+ was not the original intention, there are some other considerations here like jewel drops that could be exploitable.
    Last edited by Carapace; 11-10-2015 at 02:48 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Scaling the effective level of the zone from 21+ down to say 10+ was not the original intention, there are some other considerations here like jewel drops that could be exploitable.
    Then, I don't understand about lifting the requirement to enter kraken mines dungeon. If you are 21 or 22, We were able to enter kraken mines I guess before.

And I am glad that people are still happy farming water nature jewels as per Cara.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I'm curious, but what is the first/lowest dungeon that rengol crates drop from? I'm pretty sure I remember them saying Ydra Forest. If that is the case then you can still farm there for locked crates if you are a twink. Maybe someone can confirm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I'm curious, but what is the first/lowest dungeon that rengol crates drop from? I'm pretty sure I remember them saying Ydra Forest. If that is the case then you can still farm there for locked crates if you are a twink. Maybe someone can confirm.
    I think it is after ydra maps. I tried on ydra with no luck. Dead islands sure drops rengol crate . And dead island maps even with end game rogue it took me more than 2-3 minutes to reach and kill the only one boss.

STS did what they say about opening maps to lower levels. However it's pointless if the mobs there are 21+ level even if you are 10.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Then....
    May I ask you the first question again?
    What's the purpose of opening kraken mines to all level if we can't farm there anyways?
    Aegis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

If I understood Remi's last community update correctly, KM is a "farming destination for Arlorians everywhere" The only thing people farm there is Ren gol crates, I don't think people run KM to farm jewels, unless there'll be an addition of jewels beside water/nature/diamond. Still, farming is where people can earn gold with minimal expenses, running KM as a low level toon is not an effective way to farm as of right now.

Hey Jarl!!! You need to start carrying locked crates again bruh!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Excuses View Post
    Then....
    May I ask you the first question again?
    What's the purpose of opening kraken mines to all level if we can't farm there anyways?
    i think what they meant is that km no longer require quest to unlock (in the past you had to complete the bloodhammer quest line to unlock it)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eugene9707 View Post
    i think what they meant is that km no longer require quest to unlock (in the past you had to complete the bloodhammer quest line to unlock it)
    So what's the point of it if we can't farm there anyways?
    You are missing the point here.

No one runs tombs for jewel tbh. It's for crates.
    Saying 'The Kraken Mines have long been a farming destination for Arlorians everywhere. Starting tomorrow, we remove the level requirement so that players of any level can now join their friends in the Kraken Mines zones.' basically means 'km3 has become an old farming place so we will remove level requirement so everyone can farm there' for me. However, if the map difficulty is still +21, what's the point to open it to all level?

I have a 46 so it's not a big problem for me. But it would be nice to farm some crates while I farm energies on events because forged energy kits cannot be even stashable, and to have a farming place for low lvl twinks since they lost Jarl.

It could be nice update but it's gonna be pointless if map is not scaled.
    Aegis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    The point is to make km3 easily accessible to people who are new to AL, doubt this was a move to let twinks into a tombs. Keeping mob difficulty to +21 makes sure low lvl mages which are OP in some tombs don't crash the market for locks. Then even an easily accessible dungeon won't be worth accessing by the new players(due to lock prices being low).

Twinks can farm kt4, most ppl can make the 3 boss pull in kt4 as fast as they can run km3...
    'The Kraken Mines have long been a farming destination for Arlorians everywhere. Starting tomorrow, we remove the level requirement so that players of any level can now join their friends in the Kraken Mines zones.'

Obviously first idea was removing level requirement, not having easy access.

The question is,
    If map is for +21, why do you open it to all level?

I would love to get easy access to km3 too. But it's not the case I think.

I don't want to sound like a rant here because I made this thread our of pure curiosity... This just doesn't make sense to me. Open km3 to every level but have no access and mobs are too hard to play there. What's the purpose of removing level requirement...?
    I just don't get it. -_-
    Last edited by Excuses; 11-11-2015 at 08:19 AM.
    Aegis