Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: PL hack help?!?!?!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel View Post
    You better. I had a close call as well .
    for sureee. especially with the gold im raking up with my drawing requests

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    for sureee. especially with the gold im raking up with my drawing requests
    Yea, the first thing I thought when I couldn't log on was not about my gold or gear. Or even my characters. I was like, "OMG! MY PL SHIELD!"
    ""
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Plasticuproject

Are you on Palringo? Do you guys think maybe it has something to do with that? People using the same E-mail and passwords as PL?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Plasticuproject View Post
    Are you on Palringo? Do you guys think maybe it has something to do with that? People using the same E-mail and passwords as PL?
    Good question... I'm not using Palringo ..
    Hello peeps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And now I'm starting to worry about my little run-in the other night all over again. I know my password is strong, but .... what the OP is telling us is scary.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ve-him-20000-g

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Also, be careful what guilds you join. If the guild has a forum and you use the same email and password, any admins (and possibly mods) can usually grab a hold of them depending on what forum it is. Like my old guild site, I was an admin on them both, one only showed me their email, the other showed me their password wnd email.

Anyways, do what ellyidol said, email support and they'll discuss this matter with you there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel View Post
    Yea, the first thing I thought when I couldn't log on was not about my gold or gear. Or even my characters. I was like, "OMG! MY PL SHIELD!"
    ""
    It's not tradable, so how would they get your shield onto their toon? And even if they could, wouldn't it make it much easier to track them down?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

omg hat if this happens while your offline oh god now im scared

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

someone hacked my email address i didnt get my items back :,( just some of the gold i lost and vanitys/accounts etc
    but the person who used my email address got device banned so he could never play PL on that device again
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11145&dateline=130178  8828

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

By all means, There is no such thing as hacking. Hacking doesn't work the way you think it does, its not where
    someone can magically obtain someones password by breaking into a system. WRONG.
    hacking is where people keylogg you for information, which cannot be done on an iphone, it can also
    be done by ratting a computer, which can also not be done on an iphone, it can be leeching, but only on computer.
    I've never heard of anyone that can hack an iphone, and certainly none that can hack PL, i'm really sorry to say this
    but the magically exsistance of "hacking" you think in your head is 100% incorrect, no one can do that, much less on the iphone.
    the only one who could get on your account and trade it all to someone else is:

-Someone who guessed your password/YOU GAVE THEM IT

I honestly think you either took a really easy password or you gave them it.
    It's ok if you did, you broke a rule in doing so, but now you learned a lesson why never to do that.
    If someone guessed your password, Then i'm really sorry bro.

I bet if you asked the developers, they could see which other IP addresses/devices have been on your account.
    This would give them a question as to who did it and stop them.
    But this is not the best route to go on, because if this dishes out and they ban him, you could be in serious legal trouble
    and get a permadent ban if you trick them

Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I didn't know this kind of stuff happened here...I would guess keylogged or cookie grabbed. Be careful of what kind of pages you visit online.
    Last edited by jaggedlilpill; 03-24-2011 at 06:06 AM. Reason: spelling

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

lets hope the person that the items where given to at this time is monitored and banned perm.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Someone got into your email and sent the forgotten password to gain access to your account. Change your email password not just your PL password.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frenzyn View Post
    By all means, There is no such thing as hacking. Hacking doesn't work the way you think it does, its not where
    someone can magically obtain someones password by breaking into a system. WRONG.
    hacking is where people keylogg you for information, which cannot be done on an iphone, it can also
    be done by ratting a computer, which can also not be done on an iphone, it can be leeching, but only on computer.
    I've never heard of anyone that can hack an iphone, and certainly none that can hack PL, i'm really sorry to say this
    but the magically exsistance of "hacking" you think in your head is 100% incorrect, no one can do that, much less on the iphone.
    the only one who could get on your account and trade it all to someone else is:

-Someone who guessed your password/YOU GAVE THEM IT

I honestly think you either took a really easy password or you gave them it.
    It's ok if you did, you broke a rule in doing so, but now you learned a lesson why never to do that.
    If someone guessed your password, Then i'm really sorry bro.

I bet if you asked the developers, they could see which other IP addresses/devices have been on your account.
    This would give them a question as to who did it and stop them.
    But this is not the best route to go on, because if this dishes out and they ban him, you could be in serious legal trouble
    and get a permadent ban if you trick them

Thanks!
    IPhones can be hacked, especially jailbroken ones. Just last fall there was a major exploit on using hidden code in a PDF display function that allowed people to gain access to the root files on jailbroken iPhones. I have also read of unjailbroken iPhones hacked. The rest of your post may be correct, but before you go around stating "iPhones can't get hacked" you might want to get your facts straight.
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 03-24-2011 at 07:22 AM.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    IPhones can be hacked, especially jailbroken ones. Just last fall there was a major exploit on using hidden code in a PDF display function that allowed people to gain access to the root files on the iPhone. I have also read of unjailbroken iphones hacked. The rest of your post may be correct, but before you go around stating "iPhones can't get hacked" you might want to get your facts straight.
    Also, Android just had a bunch of apps get sent out that contained Malware. Definitely something that could steal your email/pass.

I would recommend researching the malicious apps for android/apple, and compare to what you have installed. May want to Reformat your phone just to be safe.
    Lol (Star Legends) - Noneo (Pocket Legends)
    Star Legends - Engineer's Survival Guide!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noneo View Post
    Also, Android just had a bunch of apps get sent out that contained Malware. Definitely something that could steal your email/pass.

I would recommend researching the malicious apps for android/apple, and compare to what you have installed. May want to Reformat your phone just to be safe.
    The thing is if the person went into a PL account it is not some larger scale operations looking for credit card infos and such. It is another player that got hold of your email and figured out the password. Hackers who write malicious apps and flood the android market to gather folks information do not do it to steal gold in PL.

17.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #37
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Don;t give your email or passwords to anyone, ever. And please handle this through support(at)spacetimestudios.com.

*click*
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com