Thread: Bummed......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Bummed......

I reached level 55 and wasn't up for the grind to 56. I started thinking...what next? I decided to start working on getting gear for my mage. I wasn’t very lucky in getting “drops” and ended up purchasing most of the Mega Mage gear. A little costly but I was able to complete the set and get the nice little set bonus. I like the little sparkles.

So, what next? I started looking into crafting the gear. My thinking, end-state gear (end-state for now anyway) the additional work of getting recipes and then the material to craft…must be worth it. I’d looked at the crafted stats and was a little concerned but again I was thinking end-state gear, must be worth it. So I crafted the entire set. Nice little set bonus, little sparkles but OMG eleven on mana regen.

So that why I’m bummed…I put in a lot of effort in getting the gear, recipes and materials. I now guzzle mana pots faster than a wino guzzles a fresh bottle of Thunderbird. If there were an “uncraft option”, I would use it.

Anyway, love the game. I’m just saying…….

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Haha well there will be another update eventually with lots more content. I'm sure guilds will be implemented as well. You could always get another char to 55 and get some gear set for them lol.
    56 Majormajic - 55 Majortank - 5 Majorfive
    Pocket Legend Inc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

You can use the 'Fine crystal ring of life' (1 h/s, 3 m/s and 4 dmg), and cast revive every 30-60secs (gives 1 m/s for 1 minute on top of 1 armor). This will bring your mana regen to 15 m/s. You'll never really run out of mana this way, except when using magic shield. Personally, I hardly use magic shield anymore, instead I use a combination between heal, drain life and health pots. With the additional h/s, and when timed right, this will give you a protection similar to using magic shield all the time (except that your health points are way less then your mana points. Something to keep in mind when being attacked). Only at times of mass-molesting of my tiny mage, I throw on the shield. But when that time arrives, be prepared to start spamming mana pots like hell...

But yeah, I must agree. Although crafting definitely gives you a different feel, it's not necessarily better. Then again, if crafted gear would be better, nobody would use regular gear anymore.
    Last edited by JaytB; 03-27-2011 at 09:42 AM.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That should be the point of crafting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My orginal post was just a long-winded way of saying that I wish the set were a little more balanced. I now have a high health regen, but as a chanter that can heal myself, not really that important to me.

Thanks for the tips though...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fiarx View Post
    My orginal post was just a long-winded way of saying that I wish the set were a little more balanced. I now have a high health regen, but as a chanter that can heal myself, not really that important to me.

Thanks for the tips though...
    I have to ask. Didn't you check the stats before you crafted all that gear?

To go through all that effort for crafting them all and _not_ check the outcome or think it through is just beyond me. I spend hours just refining my quick change slots.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah I checked, look at the orginal post. "I looked at the stats on the crafted gear and was concerned". I guess my thought was....maybe the regen rate would be enough. As i quickly found out, maybe due to my play style, it ain't enough.

Was I correct in assuming that in order to get a set bonus that you had to have all gear crafted? Or do you get it with a mix?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Well, I leveled one of each class to 55 and have had top tier gear for each class. Right now? I'm merchanting in a way. Trying to get gold a bit, by either farming or buying items and reselling later. If thats not your thing, try twinking! Twinking, in case you don't know, is a lower level character meant to stay at a specific level for PvE or PvP purposes. So you can either make one and farm kills to get on PvE K/D ratio, or just to PvP with! Keeps you entertained for a while, and is a fun thing to do. Another thing is to pick up pvp on your main. Or level an alt. You can also always try the journey to level 56.

There's a lot to do still in the game, just have to find stuff to do. If you really can't find anything you can take a break and come back later.

As for the crafted gear. My suggestion would be to try and sell it and buy the original. You may take a loss in gold, but the crafted gear isn't meant to be superior to the "original", but rather different. H/S is nearly useless on a mage in my opinion, since they're not meant to take aggro and can heal. I think it's more so for Int bird, or bear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm still having fun and have alot of things I like doing on PL. I've got some sewer gear that I mix in and can come up with a decent setup.

Just a little disappointed is all......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Excuse me while I go to my closet and laugh.
    Jesma - LVL 53 Mage
    Tempestorz - LVL 51 Bird
    Gardestrike - LVL 35 Voodoo Mage
    Mezmizer - LVL 33 Bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Was I correct in assuming that in order to get a set bonus that you had to have all gear crafted? Or do you get it with a mix?
    You are correct. You can't mix enchanted with uncrafted if you want to stay all sparkly.

U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks JaytB. After reading your post yesterday I did rethink my strategy on using mana shield. I even moved it on my skills layout. I made some runs last night and that did seem to help. I still found that when I was running with a group and spamming heal during combat (I believe a mage has to heal..) that mana was still a bit of an issue. But it's manageable......

Again, thanks for the tips

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

lol i feel your pain i crafted my Mega Mage robes too but now i have another mission to compete both sets enchanted and not^^......Tempest you can go to your closet and laugh at me too lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

my little elf ears grew and turned into donkey ears

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

on the bright side after the global cool down we will not need as much m/s ^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Thanks JaytB. After reading your post yesterday I did rethink my strategy on using mana shield. I even moved it on my skills layout. I made some runs last night and that did seem to help. I still found that when I was running with a group and spamming heal during combat (I believe a mage has to heal..) that mana was still a bit of an issue. But it's manageable......

Again, thanks for the tips
    Cool! Glad I could help

U rok, thanks!