Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: New Players Ignoring AL Because Of Leveling Commitments?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

a bit out of topic, it seems like the system also design pets (a subcharacter) needing same amount of xp as a character to level up... considering numbers of how many subcharacters/pets in game we have, the effort to really cap a character is multiplied by several times... very demotivating. where in other games, we can use the same amount of time to try many things with alternative class
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Eye229 View Post
    Yeah pretty words but a game that says"oh well,you think it's to hard?we will make it easier just for you guys"will not last long.

What popular,still relevant mmorpgs can you list that you can get to max level in a week or two are still fun after..4months of capped?6months?

Now if you worked hard as F to get to max level do you think you would appreciate the things you do more or less than taking the easier route to get there?

What it comes down to is this:

You like a game that's challenging?or you like a game that is easy?AL is both (the way it should be)

Why should new players get this advantage?please?they should all start with a leprechaun neck too so that they can instantly farm crates for income.I bet a lot of you would agree on that too.

If you don't understand what it takes to make a mmorpg have legs,then you will probably disagree with me.

Longevity is the key.

Blizzard would not be if a lot of you were in charge.

Earn your way up or do not complain.

PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME HOW AL IS DIFFICULT AT THE BEGINNING?ARE YOU SERIOUS?
    IT DOESNT EVEN BEGIN TO GET HARD UNTILL U GET OVER HALFWAY TO LVL CAP.

I'll debate this to the bone.
    Lol@ anyone who think you should be able to cap (from fresh start) in under 100 hours.you don't understand how much above AL is against any other mmorpg maker for mobile.they doing it right.

Edit: I could make a mage wearing epics I found and still not struggle till at least LVL 20.depends on how good a player you are.
    Hey eagle, i get your idea and you are not wrong on that view. I dont care about grinding too i just made my endgame recently. But do you think that player with ur playstile is the majority on the game universe?
    AL need all the players it can reach and this has no negative effect to the company at all.
    Its not about making AL easy, its not about make AL a simple mobile game that cant evolve (because its a huge game already). Its about reach the middle point between hard and easy.
    We are talking about lvl up, while the object in llvling is to make the player experience the game and reach the endgame to finally enjoy it. There is really no point on waste begginers time with repetitive task who wont give any new experience for they, and that doesn't make AL a easy game. Don't make it a easy game because while you are not endgame lvl you are simple nothing on it, and to become something there is where the hard work is (farming for gears and pets) , and there it should be.
    I was committed wih it, to level up. But i guess the majority of the players won't have the same hope, they won't think that things in future will be better and will make up to all the effort and time wasted. AL need their to become a member on this community or to simple quit the game, but there is the possibility on reach more people on this.

Sorry for the grammar and another issues in my writing. Not native.

Enviado de meu XT1523 usando Tapatalk
    Last edited by Felipe Pereira; 05-20-2016 at 10:09 PM.
    IGN: Granitoide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thundyrz View Post
    The reality is that the game greatly needs beginning players to get hooked and stay hooked.

More than anything else, new players quit before they are hooked because there is inadequate support. New players beg mightily for someone to help them level up. That is the last thing veteran players want to do and new players sometimes get really offended when we tell them "leveling is your responsibility." What we're really thinking is: "Riiight lemme spend hours and hours of my game time just to level you up. Not gonna happen, noob." Yes, some new players are just lazy, but the task is genuinely daunting and exceedingly boring. Even veteran players find leveling extremely boring. I was really surprised that STS placed such heavy xp requirements on leveling from 46 to 56. Many veteran players do not have the patience for 130k or so of xp grinding.

Thundy's Severely Awesome Guide On How to Get New Players Hooked:

1. Have an abundance of decent mid-range legendary gear available from level 1 through level 46 that drop in old maps. New players also constantly pester veterans for gear.
      • Create new gear: The legendary gear that drops from old maps now is... well... old. It is useless and gets its wearers easily killed. Let's not even discuss epic and below. Just use no-longer-used event gear as a template and recolor.
      • Incorporate an xp bonus stat into some of the gear.
      • Make drops class-dependent: It's exciting having cool gear drop in a map and be able to use it right away. It's part of the process that gets players hooked, aka a positive player experience.
      • Increase the legendary drop rate in old maps.
      • These changes would make old maps more exciting to play and help to 'seal the deal.'

2. Reduce the xp needed per level.
      • I agree with the OP, that it's just too much as it stands now.
      • Many traditional MMOs take around 336 hours (two weeks) of in-game time to level up through endgame. Some more, some less.
      • AL is a mobile MMO in a mobile device market, it should have a pick up and play feel.
      • Max time to level through 1-46 should be 50 hours of actual game time (a long work week). With existing xp boosts, it could maybe get down to around 15-25 hours of actual game time.
      • Also reduce the xp needed to level from 46-56. Knock maybe 15-25% off of each level to make it more manageable. Even with that reduction, it would still be tough going for many!

3. Be willing to go back and tweak xp requirements if they prove to be too little or too much.

Thanks again for hearing us, STS!
    No words bro...Everything said clean and right way about the problem..

IGN : Bluesparky

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluesparky For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Agree, month ago my friend around 40+ play AL but they all stop when reach lvl around 20-30 cause the xp too much :/ and they leave me alone playing AL like 3 years ago :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Grinding is.....well, a grind; however that is not the main problem here. The main issue is that all the content is endgame focused.

What if, while you are leveling, you get access to "exclusive" elite maps as you hit the old level caps? This would give those that are going through the grind an opportunity to get great gear for the associated levels, and an opportunity to make some money farming.

If you had an opportunity to farm for Storm Swords, Captains Axes, Bone chill Bows, Necromantic, Elondorian, etc., that were exclusive to those old elites and events, or at least something comparable, it would incentives players to actually work through the content, sharpen their elite skills and make some coin, so that when they eventually hit cap, they are well prepared to run the endgame content.

I had started up other toons long ago and the grind from levels 21-36 simply weren't fun at all, which caused me to abandon those toons. Alts should not be drains for endgame players! Alts should be at least self sufficient, if not a positive revenue source.

If players are having fun along the way, get challenging maps and the opportunity to earn solid gear and revenue, then the grind really isn't a grind at all. If anything, it would encourage players to create more toons to farm at the various caps, which helps the twink PvP crowd with gear availability, and creates better, more experienced players for endgame.

Granted, you can never eliminate all of those noob endgame players, but with a system like this, at least you encourage skill development along the way.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts

What is the rush to cap? As long as you enjoy the journey I don't care how long it takes. What is the point of standing around town waiting for an expansion, update or event? I agree with other posters, the game drags once you reach the mid 20 through 40 something. Not because of xp requirements but repetitive content and weak gear.

That being said in my opinion the grind for gear and achievements can be to long. I just completed the glintstone set, today. Now that it's done I feel great. A week ago I hated it. A month ago I thought it was impossible. After that experience I am not going to try and get the Underhul set. Many of the new achievements are also tedious. I'm not going to kill 100 elite brackenridge bosses, bronze elite chests are not with it. I did kill however many hundreds of orc bosses but that was a byproduct of farming fangs and crafting ingredients.

I know a lot of people enjoy the grind and I do to up to a point. For me some things are just not worth it. For others it is.

I have been happy with the changes STS made because of the variety end game now offers. I have plenty of things to farm. I finished leveling to 56 at some point this week. From what I can tell the only advantage is being able to run elite Underhul and other maps with level 56 friends. I'm obviously still using level 46 gear.