Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: PVP Updates: Proposed Balance Changes PART 2 (7/22/2016)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    Hey All,

We reviewed how Curse works in terms of reflecting damage. Curse puts a debuff on the enemy causing them to deal damage to themselves, based on their own damage stat. The reflected damage is not based on the amount of outgoing damage. This means that Aimed Shot, Noxious Bolt, or a basic attack will all return the exact same amount of damage to the Rogue.

From our perspective, this would make Noxious Bolt more worthwhile against a Sorcerer using Curse, because I will be dealing more damage to the Sorcerer, while taking the same amount of damage. There is also a very large range discrepancy between Curse and Noxious Bolt, Noxious Bolt has 3x the range of Curse.

Please keep the discussion going over the weekend and remember, be civil!
    -STSVroom
    Curse does more damage based on DoT frequency, though. Since you're buffing the poison, it gives incentive for sorcerers to use curse. This was verified from a developer himself a while back.

Furthermore, this buff already existed in the form of a glitch of nox mastery. It was of no help and actually caused sorcerers to spec curse and wipe rogues.

In order to take full advantage of this buff, a rogue is going to be charging nox. When curse lands on the rogue, all that damage gets reflected back. Furthermore, this will actually help keep tanks alive because the poison damage is less than the heal.

Thus, this is not a buff, but effectively a nerf.

Please keep in mind some players are okay with this because it insures sorcerer stack will still be prevalent. On the other thread, these specific players essentially stated not to buff rogue because it does not suit their team play.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelllz View Post
    Lol....funny how when u and Goth play together as rogues and I cursed (this was 46 cap), u never died. She died every time, but u managed to survive. Because u know not to nox (or charge nox) on curse. Curse is easy to avoid if you know what you are doing.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    My videos clearly show me using razor shield in those two rogue clashes. Please do not lie.
    Last edited by Zeus; 07-22-2016 at 06:03 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post: