Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well I figured I'd post this old riddle. For 0K.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

There is no answer to it. I remember this from several years ago.
    Stuck in the game? Don't know what to do? Try this new awesome section on the forums which contains guides created by players to address various game issues. Click HERE to go to it! You can also use the nifty SEARCH feature on these forums to find your answer as well.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

There Is an answer it's water water does all of those things and when it refers to popping it means water balloon and for polar bears it can wash away the pigment
    Forget California girls, Joysey girls are where it's at!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ersana View Post
    There Is an answer it's water water does all of those things and when it refers to popping it means water balloon and for polar bears it can wash away the pigment
    Yah, I found water as the answer for all but the last part. How do you pop from looking at water?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ersana View Post
    Sorry, polars bears have no pigment in their hair. Finally, my biology classes come in handy
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

That's a lie!!! They have certain pigments and don't mess with me on this I know what I'm saying

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The reason their hairs are transparent and not white is due to the fading of pigments and check-mate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Sorry...transparent. They yellow over time with age and no one is sure why that I recall. But their hair has no pigment naturally. Fact.

And I have a biology degree, so although that doesn't make me an expert, I know a coupla things about a coupla things on biology

Aha...just checked Wikpedia: "Polar bear fur consists of a layer of dense underfur and an outer layer of guard hairs, which appear white to tan but are actually transparent".

From Polar Bears International at http://www.polarbearsinternational.o...s/fur-and-skin : "Each hair shaft is pigment-free and transparent with a hollow core that scatters and reflects visible light, much like what happens with ice and snow.

Polar bears look whitest when they are clean and in sunlight, especially just after the molt period, which usually begins in spring and is complete by late summer. Before molting, oils from the seals they eat can make them look yellow."

So although their hair is transparent (fact) I suppose if you count dirt/oils, you could wash them away

I see your checkmate and laugh
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 04-08-2011 at 10:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

All that is asked is whether you can answer the riddle. It doesn't ask you to solve it.
    Stuck in the game? Don't know what to do? Try this new awesome section on the forums which contains guides created by players to address various game issues. Click HERE to go to it! You can also use the nifty SEARCH feature on these forums to find your answer as well.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I said transparent and wikapedia is an unreliable rescource

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Wikipedia is about as accurate as most online sites. They're only deemed unreliable because anyone can post and edit them anonymously.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrilana View Post
    Wikipedia is about as accurate as most online sites. They're only deemed unreliable because anyone can post and edit them anonymously.
    And that was why I quoted a federally-funded Polar Bear site as well.

If you like, you can also check the National Wildlife Federation's website at http://www.nwf.org/Wildlife/Wildlife...olar-Bear.aspx. I'm sure I could look up twenty more legit sites that say the same thing

And Ersana, show me a reliable source that states that their hair is transparent from fading, then I'll believe you. You also only said transparent after I said it....you initially stated they have "certain pigments"

Edit: aww to hell with it...some sites say white (lack of pigment, btw) and some say transparent, and I would rather get along with everyone instead of argue over something stupid.
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 04-08-2011 at 11:22 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

It's coke lol..... has to be...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Haha, kudos for not having this thread turn into a nerdy argument about polar bears earlier than page 3. I thought it woulda happened by post 10

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by braluk View Post
    Haha, kudos for not having this thread turn into a nerdy argument about polar bears earlier than page 3. I thought it woulda happened by post 10
    Yeah no doubt...caught myself and said what the hell am I arguing on a forum about polar bear hair for????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    Yeah no doubt...caught myself and said what the hell am I arguing on a forum about polar bear hair for????

trust me I been there (bio major as well back in the good old days). If I applied the drive to look up and defend and research topics to real life like I do in online forum arguments, I'd be solving world problems. haha

Plasticuproject

This argument is stupid. Everyone knows bears aren't real anyway. Have any of you ever touched one? I mean come on guys, use those brains!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have touched a bear thank you very much