Thread: Earphones

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Default Earphones

Hey all! So I just recently purchased and received my shipment of brand spankin new ear buds. Now I listen to metal, rock, some death/screamo, and I wanted a pair of ear buds that had a nice bass with a good sound quality. I did some research, and had always heard that Skullcandy was a reliable company, so I found these bad boys.

http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/titan-chrome.html

Skullcandy Titans! I've been listening with them all day, and so far they are amazing! The bass is great, and the sound quality is perfect. Also, they seem pretty durable, but only time can really tell.

Anyway, I was just wondering, what type of earphones do you use when listening to music? I know that some earphones are used for different types of music, so be sure to describe what type of music you listen to. A pic would also be pretty cool, as I know there are some pretty wild styles!

Plasticuproject

Sennheiser 280HD PRO. The most comfortable and affordable studio quality over ear cans on the market IMO. Run around $90. I own 3 pairs! As for in ears I have a $40 set of Sony's that I am very happy with. Great range/DB, and really good bass reproduction. Very clear and comfortable. Comes with 3 ear size set ups.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

On the pc i use logitech H360 usb. Good sound, good price. On the ipod i use an old logitech clear chat. Ok sound but i like both because can wear all day in comfort and both have volume control inline.

Listen to all types of music, as long as it is in metal form.
    YYZBird-115, YYZBear-115, YYZMage-115

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I either use my Bose QC3's, which recently broke. Have to shell out 150 dollars for a replacement pair :S.

Right now, I'm rocking some Studio Beats by Dr. Dre.

My personal favorite? Bose, any day. Even though their resonance and pitches may be inaccurate, it's done on purpose, to create a more pleasing sounds for our ears. Beats do that, but hardly as well.

However, for music recording and editing. I'd pick Seinheiser HD 598 or any of the 500 series for that matter.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel View Post
    I either use my Bose QC3's, which recently broke. Have to shell out 150 dollars for a replacement pair :S.

Right now, I'm rocking some Studio Beats by Dr. Dre.

My personal favorite? Bose, any day. Even though their resonance and pitches may be inaccurate, it's done on purpose, to create a more pleasing sounds for our ears. Beats do that, but hardly as well.

However, for music recording and editing. I'd pick Seinheiser HD 598 or any of the 500 series for that matter.
    I've also always heard good things about Bose. Especially their noise cancelling feature. The Skullcandys that I bought are also pretty good at blocking out outside sounds. When I put them in and turn on my music, I literally can't hear a thing. My sister was yelling at the top of her lungs a couple feet away, and when I didn't answer she assumed I was ignoring her, so she punched me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

I'd recommend the Audio Technica ATH-M50. They are somewhat more expensive than the HD280s, but they are better overall. They do however need to burned in. You'll notice a difference in 5 minutes out of the box. Most high end audiophile sound equipment needs to be burned in for the drivers to produce their best sound - in fact sound quality improves throughtout the life of an earphone.