Thread: Percentage loss/gain of XP out of level?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Default Percentage loss/gain of XP out of level?

Folks, am looking for a confirmation of exact details to the following two. Have looked around for the threads know exist but can't find them.

1) if a player reaches the top level of their current map, when exactly, and by how much, does XP start to drop. Ie if I'm level 45 in plasma pyramid (40-45) what XP do I get at lvl46, 47, 48, etc. I think it's 75% at lvl46(1 level over), 50% at lvl47 (2 levels over), 25% at lvl48 (3 levels over) and no XP at lvl49 (4 levels over). Is this right?

2) if a player plays in a map above their level, do they gain extra XP? Ie lvl10 playing in BS?

Thanks in advance.....
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I believe that it drops 25% per level. I know one of the devs or maybe it was a fellow player once post it a while ago.

They get extra xp when the mobs are red and yellow, when they are white they get the normal amount.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Echelong View Post
    I believe that it drops 25% per level.
    Yes, up to the point where if you kill mobs too much below your current level, your XP gain starts to be negative, i.e. you actually lose XP for each mob you kill. This is to encourage you not to spend too much time killing easy mobs. I "leveled" backwards from my level 50 this way to make a 30 swamp farming twink.
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kalielle View Post
    Yes, up to the point where if you kill mobs too much below your current level, your XP gain starts to be negative, i.e. you actually lose XP for each mob you kill. This is to encourage you not to spend too much time killing easy mobs. I "leveled" backwards from my level 50 this way to make a 30 swamp farming twink.
    I will epiclulz if some poor soul in the future finds this thread and quotes this.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

-0.75 XP per kill ftw!

You can pretty much use this as a reference to get an idea how to tell when you're getting max xp. Basically, if the threat level is no longer red or yellow, you're just getting minimum xp. If you're trying to power level, just use any map where the threat level is red for you. You don't have to try to annoy people in BS with a L10 character

If you want the official word, read this for some additional background.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I tried the backwards leveling thing once, but really, it took WAY WAY WAY too long and I'm totally impatient, as opposed to just slightly impatient.
    It was soooo much faster to level a new character to 30 (actually 31), than backwards from 50.

FYI. Obviously YMMV.

Star light, star bright...

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

It's like Ferris Bueller trying to roll back mileage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Fryce, I am guessing the issue was that your kill count was higher then your death count. While you can still lose xp that way, it requires a LOT more kills.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

I "leveled" backwards from my level 50 this way to make a 30 swamp farming twink.
    Out of interest, in theory, would an XP elixer work for negative levelling? So if you were losing 0.75XP per kill would you get 2/2.5/3 times (-1.5/-1.875/-2.25) off your XP?
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

im guessing so ^^^ if so im going to level backwards on my bear )))

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I "leveled" backwards from my level 50 this way to make a 30 swamp farming twink.
    I actually have three chars that once were 56, I leveled them back to 25, 35 and 45 because I was so sick of the sewers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wallace View Post
    I actually have three chars that once were 56, I leveled them back to 25, 35 and 45 because I was so sick of the sewers.
    Lol - yep me too. Sewers was such a breeze I thought i'd level back all my characters to 45 and go again.......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Did a test few days back, my 33 mage i put him at ao1 where my threat lv is red. Checked on my xp, i got 2xp per kill. I went keeper map, still the same thing, 2xp per kill. I actually only kill one mob, not sure if i aoe the mobs would the xp be higher

Kopiooo-56 Elf, Kopipok-56 Bear, Kopitiam-56 Bird, Kopikosong-50 Elf, Kopisee-20 Elf, Kopioo-15 Elf, Kopilao-10 Elf, Kopisiao-5 Elf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kopi View Post
    Did a test few days back, my 33 mage i put him at ao1 where my threat lv is red. Checked on my xp, i got 2xp per kill. I went keeper map, still the same thing, 2xp per kill. I actually only kill one mob, not sure if i aoe the mobs would the xp be higher
    That's how it should be. Enemies with a threat level of red give the same XP regardless of which map you're on.
    Stuck in the game? Don't know what to do? Try this new awesome section on the forums which contains guides created by players to address various game issues. Click HERE to go to it! You can also use the nifty SEARCH feature on these forums to find your answer as well.