Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Mages in pvp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Tbh if the glintstone axe set didn't exist, mages would be clearly seen as rogues with a better heal and a crazy amount of damage reduction.

There are many simple solutions to stop class stacking, its just the question of why sts refuses to do anything about it.

Additionally, if we check damage counters, mages would be doing more overall damage than rogues because of their multiple AoE abilities and the fact that they survive for longer periods, and this is further supported by the huge damage reduction both the warrior and mage class hold.

Its a question of why warriors gear progression was slowed to stop them being rogues with a lot more hp but mages are allowed to be rogues with shields containing a huge amount of damage reduction.

Mage gear progression needs to be slowed. The arcane gun at level 56 is a prime example of why its necessary in terms of weapons. But mage armors, helms etc. should also slowly progress from now on because if you look at mage skill descriptions, you can tell the mage class is becoming more and more of a broken class as gear and level progresses. I'm sure sts has come to realise this.

Slowing mage gear progression from this point onwards is what I believe sts intends to do.

I hope sts have finally come to understand that PvP in their game doesn't revolve around duels. I don't know who finds duelling much more fun than team PvP in any mmorpg. I really don't.
    Last edited by Perceval; 09-06-2016 at 04:49 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Fight ! Fight ! Fight !

@Zeus maybe u can win over other players because u already max gear . Shakerida is true , he not at the full gear but he still can win over your rog . Now you still can say you is the one of the best on arcane legends ? Haha . Dont assume zeus .

Sent from my ASUS_T00I using Tapatalk

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Errorrz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Could a developer close this thread? There'll be much more of these to come when guild battlegrounds goes live anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

I see a diminishing need for rogues in clashes (at twink levels) and an increasing need for Warriors and Mages. From other player's feedback I see it is a problem at endgame as well.

Lets assume that the setting for looking at balance is a clash among equals - equal in terms of near-maximized gear and skill.
    So, just out of genuine curiosity, here is a question. Please answer as honestly as possible.

What can a Rogue (the apparently 'prime damage dealer') do in a team fight, that a Mage cannot in the current pvp environment?

A Rogue can deal high damage, so can a mage.
    A Rogue deals single target damage, a mage deals multiple target damage.
    A Rogue has no shield, no invulnerability, but a mage does.

Aimedshot deals damage but recently aimedshot was "fixed". Is the Aimedshot single-target damage now still so high that a Mage's consistent AOE damage and crits cannot keep up? Is it mind-blowing damage that we cannot do without? Are rogues really inevitable for a clash? The truth is we can do without Rogues but we cannot do without a Tank and Mage in pvp now.

Lets be honest. I think if I were the captain of a Team, I would choose 2 Tanks and 3 Mages or 2 Mages and 3 Tanks for my clash. Please correct me if I am wrong, why do I need a Rogue in my team? What can 2 Rogues do that a 2 Mages cannot do better?

Would giving Rogues a longer range make them inevitable for a clash and solve the current issue? Can it be a solution or will it topple balance? If so how? Is the limit of a team of 5 creating this issue - will making the team capacity number 6 instead of 5 solve it?

* In response, avoid comments like Mages cried before, Rogues cry now. Please post only if you have a middleground where nobody has to cry.
    Last edited by Zynzyn; 09-06-2016 at 07:33 AM. Reason: typo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    478 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zynzyn View Post
    I see a diminishing need for rogues in clashes (at twink levels) and an increasing need for Warriors and Mages. From other player's feedback I see it is a problem at endgame as well.

Lets assume that the setting for looking at balance is a clash among equals - equal in terms of near-maximized gear and skill.
    So, just out of genuine curiosity, here is a question. Please answer as honestly as possible.

What can a Rogue (the apparently 'prime damage dealer') do in a team fight, that a Mage cannot in the current pvp environment?

A Rogue can deal high damage, so can a mage.
    A Rogue deals single target damage, a mage deals multiple target damage.
    A Rogue has no shield, no invulnerability, but a mage does.

Aimedshot deals damage but recently aimedshot was "fixed". Is the Aimedshot single-target damage now still so high that a Mage's consistent AOE damage and crits cannot keep up? Is it mind-blowing damage that we cannot do without? Are rogues really inevitable for a clash? The truth is we can do without Rogues but we cannot do without a Tank and Mage in pvp now.

Lets be honest. I think if I were the captain of a Team, I would choose 2 Tanks and 3 Mages or 2 Mages and 3 Tanks for my clash. Please correct me if I am wrong, why do I need a Rogue in my team? What can 2 Rogues do that a 2 Mages cannot do better?

Would giving Rogues a longer range make them inevitable for a clash and solve the current issue? Can it be a solution or will it topple balance? If so how? Is the limit of a team of 5 creating this issue - will making the team capacity number 6 instead of 5 solve it?

* In response, avoid comments like Mages cried before, Rogues cry now. Please post only if you have a middleground where nobody has to cry.
    A rogue has the best single-target damage capability of any class. That is still the case. However the mage and tank have far better damage reduction/absorption capability that allows them to tank through the damage that a rogue can deal. What's more, tanks and mages can benefit off each other because of their AoE heals and heal over time capability. A rogue does not offer this.

Giving rogues longer range on their skills can be a double-edged sword. On one hand, the rogue can stay out of range of a mage's slowing/stunning skills, and be able to avoid a potentially fatal axe throw of a tank. But it can also make the rogue more of a liability to the team in that when a rogue stands so far back, it makes it difficult for the team to heal the rogue when she needs it. A mage or tank would have to run back to the rogue to heal, and that would place the remaining team members at a temporary numerical disadvantage. It also in a way wastes the heal skill of one of the mages/tanks because obviously that one heal could be used to heal 3 or 4 people, not just one rogue. With a full mage/tank team, everyone can stay compact and close to each other because of a near-constant shield/damage reduction/heal skill rotation. The healing efficiency of a full mage/tank team anytime exceeds that of a team consisting of even one rogue.

Rogues deal too much damage at one time for our own good. It gives us the image of overpoweredness when, taken in the overall picture of damage absorption and ability to combine with other classes, we are not.
    Why do we fall? So that we can rise again.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Safiras For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Errorrz View Post
    Fight ! Fight ! Fight !

@Zeus maybe u can win over other players because u already max gear . Shakerida is true , he not at the full gear but he still can win over your rog . Now you still can say you is the one of the best on arcane legends ? Haha . Dont assume zeus .

Shakerid borrowed max gear to win against my rogue. However, that doesn't really prove anything because warriors win against rogues and rogues win against sorcerers while sorcerers win against warriors. To think otherwise just shows you really do not know how to play this game. Well, no matter...I cannot help a bad player improve himself. That, unfortunately, is up to him or her.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    The truth is 90% of sorcerers are horrible. People do not know how to play the class even though it is a very easy class to play. Then, they go complain on forums that they need a buff when the truth is that the class doesn't need a buff at all. Or, they will say things are balanced when that is not the case either.
    So the truth can't be that 90%of rogues are horrible and don't know how to play their own class so they come on forums crying to nerf another class because they can't play their own class the way it was intended to be played. Remember the armor reduction wasn't a nerf it was a fix you guys weren't supposed to be that tanky. Why not learn your class properly instead of crying others are killing you.
    That being said simple fix would be to take the hot nerf away from packs and add more hp and mana per tick

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Plqgue View Post
    So the truth can't be that 90%of rogues are horrible and don't know how to play their own class so they come on forums crying to nerf another class because they can't play their own class the way it was intended to be played. Remember the armor reduction wasn't a nerf it was a fix you guys weren't supposed to be that tanky. Why not learn your class properly instead of crying others are killing you.
    That being said simple fix would be to take the hot nerf away from packs and add more hp and mana per tick
    A developer stated that arcane shield is reducing damage taken 2x more than it should. I wonder when this'll be fixed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

If you're saying I don't know how to play rogue, that is LOL.

I'm sorry, but I've proven pretty much every sorcerer wrong about their complaints for the class. It's a bit funny tbh, that I can play people's main class better than they can. ._.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

I'm sorry, but I've proven pretty much every sorcerer wrong about their complaints for the class. It's a bit funny tbh, that I can play people's main class better than they can. ._.
    Well you're doing exactly what you say "horrible mages" do so yes you must be underskilled or you thought you were supposed to survive anything I mean it's funny because you even went as far as to change classes because you can't play your own .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Well you're doing exactly what you say "horrible mages" do so yes you must be underskilled or you thought you were supposed to survive anything I mean it's funny because you even went as far as to change classes because you can't play your own .
    The problem isn't he can't play rogue, the problem it's that there's no space for rogue in Clash DOESN'T MATTER WHAT GOOD CAN HE/SHE CAN BE, a mage's light skill can does almost same damage than Aimed Shoot, then a mage's heal it's way better for all the team at clash and then the shield it's a superb skill.

All together make a mage a really nightmare class et ENDGAME, now if you wanna prove the wrong this you can make a rogue and gear her up, that would show you what a terrible class is a rogue at ENDGAME ( Clash Enviroment ).

My IGN it's Valkiryas as Rogue and Evernes as Mage if you wanna duel agaisn't me I am up for a duel

ING: Valkiryas - Alassien

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Lol?

You want to duel my rogue? Bring me any rogue. This has to be a joke. Heck, I'll even duel or clash you on sorcerer. This has to be the most spiteful comment I've seen on the forums.

Sorry man, I present with facts. I don't make illogical comments just because people cannot play sorcerer.
    Last edited by Zeus; 09-06-2016 at 12:57 PM.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

You must sleep really great at night knowing you can play a mobile MMO better than others can

EDIT: Sorry, that was a bit sarcastic and douchey. Please teach me some tricks if possible. I'm not too great at mage, I'm trying to get better and I don't have unlimited time to do such a thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Trenton; 09-06-2016 at 01:20 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
    You must sleep really great at night knowing you can play a mobile MMO better than others can

EDIT: Sorry, that was a bit sarcastic and douchey. Please teach me some tricks if possible. I'm not too great at mage, I'm trying to get better and I don't have unlimited time to do such a thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Lol! Nah, it's not about that...I just enjoy proving points, wether its about game or something else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

This thread has turned into a "zeus playing mage" discussion.
    It needs closing as it's completely irrelevant and this is why we aren't getting updated by devs because of the amount of drama surrounding the topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Lol?

You want to duel my rogue? Bring me any rogue. This has to be a joke. Heck, I'll even duel or clash you on sorcerer. This has to be the most spiteful comment I've seen on the forums.

Sorry man, I present with facts. I don't make illogical comments just because people cannot play sorcerer.
    It's spiteful to say the same thing about you that you say about 90% of the mage class?
    Maybe you should learn to play rogue the way it was meant to be and quit crying on forums.. I'm saying the exact same thing you are.

Sorry man I present with facts. I don't make illogical comments just because people can't play rogue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Shakerid borrowed max gear to win against my rogue. However, that doesn't really prove anything because warriors win against rogues and rogues win against sorcerers while sorcerers win against warriors. To think otherwise just shows you really do not know how to play this game. Well, no matter...I cannot help a bad player improve himself. That, unfortunately, is up to him or her.
    True, a max gear tank is hard to kill, and the guy borrowed gear, lots do that to kill me in a duel then call me weak lol, it's really sad how far people will go to attempt to make you look bad. Tbh I'd come to you for info because im only a season 6 player.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

You're irrelevant, mad because zeus plays a class better than you, your main class at that, zeus switched because he noticed the survivability in a rogue is very low, once our nekro shield goes off anything can happen to us for those 20 seconds our shield goes off, just remember we don't have a 2 second vulnerability, we can't gain the mana we lose back, once our mana is out what's the move, die next, mana regen pets wont help anything when you are at 0% mana just waiting to die, learn your class before talking down on players who have a rogue as their main.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Omg , they are fighting ! Call the police (dev) now !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

It's spiteful to say the same thing about you that you say about 90% of the mage class?
    Maybe you should learn to play rogue the way it was meant to be and quit crying on forums.. I'm saying the exact same thing you are.

Sorry man I present with facts. I don't make illogical comments just because people can't play rogue.
    People can't play rogue, naw fam let me switch that up. People can't play their mages, crying saying they needed a buff before and they never needed a buff, mages are supposed to have low armor, they are a support character not a tank or a rog, a mage isn't gonna be able to 1 shot a rog like a rog can 1 shot a shieldless mage, Rogues are supposed to be glass cannons, we should be able to take your shield off in seconds, but mages have the advantage over a rogue and zeus isn't the only one that switched from a rogue to a mage, rogues have no defense mechanism, i see it myself but i play my rogue because it is my main and other classes bore me too fast as i don't have then geared like my rogue, I'll show you what a rogue can do just ask me for a duel anytime in the game and feel free to add me, my ign is my sig.