Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Client Update 1.7.1 is Live!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    Say whaa? A mandatory positive comment? I don't know if I agree with that, what if I don't have anything good to say about the new changes (just saying). Short negative comments seem to be what's going on now, so the devs will probably address those first, fact is that positive comments will not produce a result.

Change is good, the game did need to evolve a bit (imo). I was starting to get a bit bored with the game. I'm not sure that this was the breathe of life that it needed for me to become involved again, but at least for a while I'll be enjoying the fresh new system.

On a side note, that's a lot of plat to spend on a game that can at any moment make a change that could make or break itself. People spend actual money on plat because of what they feel the game is currently, there is no magic 8-ball that will tell them in a few short months there will be a system that will cause the game play speed to change from that of the hare to the tortoise (yes I know the tortoise won... that's kinda the point I'm trying to make).
    Positive comments do produce results! Proper motivation is a key to overcoming obstacles. Yes you can take a whip and get results, but would'nt you rather have someone pat you on the back and tell you "good effort I know you can fix this problem".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Please give old update this is very bad, world map in menu was great and waiting on magics is bad too, please old update 1.7 PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

hi mr W..I like your analysis! good that we've reached 56 before the update.. even elixir not effective anymore as before ... i meant everything is faster than before... not us but the enemy! LOL

well about update..... first of all i congratulate the dev for their hardwork.... about it? hmmm its challenging!...
    but there something smell stinky here... maybe bacause of new "*art pack" emoticon.. hehehe LOL

Life is a game, boy. Life is a game that one plays according to the rules. J. D. Salinger The Catcher in the Rye
    Primary IGN: Elfwarden

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Please give old update this is very bad, world map in menu was great and waiting on magics is bad too, please old update 1.7 PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Orilord View Post
    Please give old update this is very bad, world map in menu was great and waiting on magics is bad too, please old update 1.7 PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Please try not to spam. It may have been a mistake, but they will read your feedback. Maybe you can add more details to your second post.

Edit: Second AND third post.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Junside View Post
    Please try not to spam. It may have been a mistake, but they will read your feedback. Maybe you can add more details to your second post.

Edit: Second AND third post.
    he's just psychologically upset LOL but I agree dont repeat messages... I undestand your feeling orilord! just buy the "*ART emote icon" and don't play too hard ... OMG is it a good advice? well i think its a nice advertisement for new emote icon... business... LOL

Life is a game, boy. Life is a game that one plays according to the rules. J. D. Salinger The Catcher in the Rye

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elf-Orc-Naga View Post
    hi mr W..I like your analysis! good that we've reached 56 before the update.. even elixir not effective anymore as before ... i meant everything is faster than before... not us but the enemy! LOL

well about update..... first of all i congratulate the dev for their hardwork.... about it? hmmm its challenging!...
    but there something smell stinky here... maybe bacause of new "*art pack" emoticon.. hehehe LOL
    Thank you Elf! That's why decided to rush to 56 last weekend - my hands still hurt from a 15000 xp day - wanted to be through before the update. Even if most of the effect just needs some getting used to it, still, it will be harder to level now. And the already shocking 83000 xp look scary with GCD.

But you reminded me while thinking about the dislikes I forgot to say: Thank you for the update, devs, and for all the work done for it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Please keep the GCD alive as you said it's really really good thing to have

Do Not remove it because many people are complaining
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg
    Kids, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel
    I look at people as equals until they give me a reason to frown upon them. Not implying that me, other PL shield winners, or any GOA think themselves to be better then other people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So I've spent the last hour playing my lvl 11 bird. I am not feeling a major problem for GCD when playing the bird if I am completely honest. However, my 55 mage plays completely differently and the effect of GCD is so huge that I don't want to play her any more - can't even solo simple levels like Boss Brawl without dying any more so farming has gone out of the window as a way of earning the money to buy my MM Bracer and I am left to ploughing endless Stronghold groups in the hope that it drops. I've invested a lot of time in levelling and getting decent gear like many people and feel quite sad that with this one change I don't ENJOY playing a mage any more and tbh feeling even sadder that I've invested so much time in her when she is now no fun to play.

But then, giving players an option to revive themselves on the spot full health is reducing the need for a mage anyway ;-/ So, IMO, I am certain now that it's mages who are worst hit by all of this but am not entirely sure what the benefit is of this to the vast majority of players. If it ain't broke don't fix it?

I would like to see GCD as a PvP feature only - I am speculating that the reason it hasn't been limited to PvP is because people will hop backwards and forwards between PvP and PvE and it would make PvP seem like the poor relation if you were playing two different ways side by side. Now PvP has been improved at the expense of PvE....levelling the playing field?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

As a mage, i dislike the GCD. It makes it difficult to keep the buff/debuff's on. And if i need to heal, i can't because i'm trying to cast the other damage spells. There are just too many spells normally being cast at the same time prior to GCD that this causes a huge issue of keeping up with being able to do a lot of damage to kill mobs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Last night, my choice in Stronghold was: do I cast Thorn Wall to protect the Mage or do I try for a maybe-works-maybe-not combo and try to keep from dying. Hmmmm.... Hardest time was as a Mage--goodbye Lightning/Ice/Fire nuke. As my baby Mage told the group it was running with, "I can spam heal or help with attacks. I can't do both." Very close in difficulty was as my bird main. It went from a game of being creative to a rote "bear Beckons into wall. One bird fires Thorn Wall. Other bird combos. Mage casts lightning. Repeat." (i.e. Mindless button mashing.)

On another note, as several someones have pointed out, on the iPad one row of skills is brighter than the others. It makes those others look greyed-out and unavailable.

ETA: now that I've had more time to play with it, I really like the new Oasis town. Really nice. The new map is nice and less cluttered. The change to having to enter world before hitting the store and whatnot doesn't really affect me much. The "join" issue is a problem, but the devs are working on fixing it as quickly as possible. The new faces I can take or leave, but more options are always nice. The fart/vomit emotes are really, really annoying and ignore is really not much of an option. Being able to turn off emote sounds in options would be wonderful, as would getting rid of the screen shake effect. Currently, I'm playing with the sound turned off and its likely to remain that way. The constant spinning around to face enemies is distracting and, if I'm tired, starts to make me nauseous (insert vomit emote here). Eventually, I'm sure that'll wear off. The change to King and Queen? Meh, just back to doing what we did before the "exploit" was discovered. The GCD thing? Annoying, slows gameplay down, doesn't lead to better cooperation, leads to arguments about who should've done what and when when everybody dies and leads to play-by-rote/lack of creativity.
    Last edited by CanonicalKoi; 04-13-2011 at 09:44 AM.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by CanonicalKoi View Post

I laughed so hard when I read this that I got all teary. "Easier"? Really? Last night, my choice in Stronghold was: do I cast Thorn Wall to protect the Mage or do I try for a maybe-works-maybe-not combo and try to keep from dying? Hmmmmm.... Between choices like that and dying from terminally staring at the skills screen to see what was available when, it wasn't a whole lot of fun, nor was it particularly easy. Trying different chars out, the easiest time I had was as my bear--good enough armor to withstand attack while waiting for skills to cool down and the Beckon-Stomp combo wasn't really any different. Hardest time was as a Mage--goodbye Lightning/Ice/Fire nuke. As my baby Mage told the group it was running with, "I can spam heal or help with attacks. I can't do both." Very close in difficulty was as my bird
    main.
    I was playing on my mage(56) and bird(55) I am not saying they are as easy to play as they where before the GCD but in comparison they are easier than mage and warrior. Int Mages drop faster than ever before healing takes aways to much dps. I played last night mostly with my bird and it was far less annoying than the mage. This is true to all players in our group.

Please read what I wrote better and don't make assumptions of what I didn't mean. My bird is a pure dex bird with Full RR set just in case you think it is a warbird.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wallace View Post
    Thank you Elf! That's why decided to rush to 56 last weekend - my hands still hurt from a 15000 xp day - wanted to be through before the update. Even if most of the effect just needs some getting used to it, still, it will be harder to level now. And the already shocking 83000 xp look scary with GCD.

But you reminded me while thinking about the dislikes I forgot to say: Thank you for the update, devs, and for all the work done for it!
    Ow Mr W you're really clever! You expected that so you rushed your exp! really nice calculation! hope your fingers and youre phone are okay hehehe LOL

See you somewhere in town or dungeons.. pink!!!!! though I still need to level up my wave skill!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I've seen that lots of people including myself are REAL MAD about the GCD so i might have a solution that would make everyone happy... in the options you could have a setting bar for a "skill launch interval" that you could set from .0 to .5 seconds then the people who like it can keep it and the people who don't like can turn it off. it also doubles as a difficulty option! for people who like it just not as long they could set it at like lets say... .3 seconds... than it would be a bit harder but not too much harder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conradin View Post
    Gotta catch em all.
    check out this thread for a list of scams! http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...f-common-scams

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Folks, can I suggest an additional tact, to assist the Dev Team?

I think there is, almost, global agreement that GCD hasn't been the best, and that whilst the rest of the update has been very much welcomed there are a few tweaks, we would like. All that to one side.....

In order for the Dev Team to get some really good, constructive feedback, how about we all have a go at answering the following question, as I suspect it may allow them to be armed with a more rounded approach to solving/progressing the GCD issue.

If GCD was to stay in its current format, what other changes would you like to see to the game to make it work.....?

A few people have started to touch on this in previous posts, but I have a feeling that the community's answers to this may throw up some other alternatives which could help balance things and meet what they are trying to achieve.

So, I'll go first shall I. If the reliance on skills is going to continue to be reduced, I'd like to see more balance brought to weapons and their effectiveness. Increased weapon damage and/or Mob/Boss reduced armour/health.

Anyone else got any thoughts? Please don't say get rid of GCD. Constructive suggestions on what changes would be required to make this new GCD work better..
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Echelong View Post

Please read what I wrote better and don't make assumptions of what I didn't mean. My bird is a pure dex bird with Full RR set just in case you think it is a warbird.
    ETA: I was responding to this statement: "But birds have it easier (not too easy though) than the other 2 classes." (bolding added)

And if you'll note, I went back and edited my post because it seemed harsh on you and I didn't mean to be. I am not saying that mages don't have a hard time--I did runs with my 51, my 32, my 22 and my 15 just to see. I also did runs with my 50 bear and mostly with my main, a 55 bird and with my 54 bird. Perhaps I see more of a problem with bird since that's what I mainly play. My bear had the easiest time of it, mainly due to higher armor. Both my mages and birds had a much, much harder time trying to stay alive, help others and actually do something to the enemies. My 2 cents.
    Last edited by CanonicalKoi; 04-13-2011 at 09:54 AM.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by superss View Post
    I've seen that lots of people including myself are REAL MAD about the GCD so i might have a solution that would make everyone happy... in the options you could have a setting bar for a "skill launch interval" that you could set from .0 to .5 seconds then the people who like it can keep it and the people who don't like can turn it off. it also doubles as a difficulty option! for people who like it just not as long they could set it at like lets say... .3 seconds... than it would be a bit harder but not too much harder.
    Great idea! That would please all of the people all of the time :-D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post
    Folks, can I suggest an additional tact, to assist the Dev Team?

If GCD was to stay in its current format, what other changes would you like to see to the game to make it work.....?

Anyone else got any thoughts? Please don't say get rid of GCD. Constructive suggestions on what changes would be required to make this new GCD work better..
    I appreciate the sentiment and this is a thoughtful and constructive approach. However, it assumes that getting rid of GCD is NOT an option. Why not? It's always going to be an option and on this basis needs to be thrown into the mix, surely? Having said that I think Superss slider bar idea is the best thing I've read all day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post
    I'm not sure I'd concede the point that it should stay in its current form (or nearly similar). Nonetheless, working under that assumption, the main change would have to be to nerf enemies. As of now, they are too strong, fast, and durable for the decrease in DPS, buffing, healing, and debuffing that GCD imposes. Enemy HP, armor, damage, and weapon speeds need to be tweaked to provide the same relative challenge and reduce the amount of time to run a particular dungeon back to pre-GCD levels.

Taking the Sewer bosses as an example -- each of them requires a unique strategy, but once you're using the right strategy, it has always been a case of simple attrition and basic teamwork. There's no reason any of these boss fights have to drag on as long as they do, and certainly no reason to prolong them even further due to nerfing player skills. Armor/damage potting should not be required to handle main dungeon bosses for level-appropriate players.
    Potentially helpful thread: Your Job (or: How Not To Look Like A N00b)
    My Guild: The Duchy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If gcd were to stay, along with your other suggestions, please slightly lengthen time allowance between one skill to next to achieve a combo. They're not impossible but are much rarer. It's already hard with so many people unaware of combos with other classes, now, even when I do find someone else that knows them, still tough. I MISS THOSE VOMBOS.