Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: what about the banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Default what about the banned

will people banned from pl be allowed in blackstar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not sure...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

banns are effective for all STS games....
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Let me find a quote from G, I remember him saying so.

Quote Originally Posted by Justg
    Link to full Terms of Service here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...rms-of-Service

We tell you the short version every time you log in:

Spacetime Studios wants Pocket Legends to be a fun, safe place for all players!

We ask that you abide by the following rules:

1) Keep all chat clean!
    2) Do not ask for another player's account information! And don’t give anyone else your own!
    3) Do not do anything that will ruin another user's play experience!

Violations of our Terms of Service can result in suspension of your account or a permanent ban.

Just be cool, and we'll be cool. However, if you are banned in one of our games, you will be banned in all of our games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thumbs down fear all over PL

I do understamd the terms and conditions. But now a days, rumors in PL world are really happening. I don't know what to believe. Really guys, I don't understand what can you gain when you plant the seed of fear. People have the entire right, to speak up. They can think as free individuals, always under a cordial manner. But they are so afraid of speaking, talking or comment. It all started because, of last update. Rumors can be more real than truth it self. I been talking to lots of plaayers, on public chat, I don't have nothing to hide. The answers are always in private mode. And when a player doesn't feel confortable, because of my thought I move on to another map. Its more fun, chatting, than playing. How can devs be so abtuse. Happpines has disappeared from PL world. PleAse don't take that from us.

The fear of being banned for life its too extreme, everyone can make mistakes, what about forgiveness? One second chance, like in life, you can always be better.

I cant imagine how hard must have been, the past days, GCD on the target, of infinite criticism. But, instead of fight it, please listen. Because, I don't care if I'm banned, money is just money, but the real thing about investments is to gain a profit. So... we are loosing our interest in something that it is unique, popular and a hit on the market.

Fear is all around, I'm more scared of being banned from game, than being killed by bosses. But I wont stop, talking and shout out my mind...

Incredible idea the game, you really nailed it. But remember the say: "the very good, sometimes is enemy of Good"

Thanks for listening

Yours,

Beautifuly

Ps. Please don't ban me from forum or game... yet

6. The Following User Says Thank You to todoparamicelular For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by todoparamicelular View Post
    I do understamd the terms and conditions. But now a days, rumors in PL world are really happening. I don't know what to believe. Really guys, I don't understand what can you gain when you plant the seed of fear. People have the entire right, to speak up. They can think as free individuals, always under a cordial manner. But they are so afraid of speaking, talking or comment. It all started because, of last update. Rumors can be more real than truth it self. I been talking to lots of plaayers, on public chat, I don't have nothing to hide. The answers are always in private mode. And when a player doesn't feel confortable, because of my thought I move on to another map. Its more fun, chatting, than playing. How can devs be so abtuse. Happpines has disappeared from PL world. PleAse don't take that from us.

The fear of being banned for life its too extreme, everyone can make mistakes, what about forgiveness? One second chance, like in life, you can always be better.

I cant imagine how hard must have been, the past days, GCD on the target, of infinite criticism. But, instead of fight it, please listen. Because, I don't care if I'm banned, money is just money, but the real thing about investments is to gain a profit. So... we are loosing our interest in something that it is unique, popular and a hit on the market.

Fear is all around, I'm more scared of being banned from game, than being killed by bosses. But I wont stop, talking and shout out my mind...

Incredible idea the game, you really nailed it. But remember the say: "the very good, sometimes is enemy of Good"

Thanks for listening

Yours,

Beautifuly

Ps. Please don't ban me from forum or game... yet
    Welcome to the forums!

They don't ban for no reason, that I can guarantee you.

You have to remember that this game is approved for children, hence their very strict policy and standards for behaviour.

Like G always says, be cool and they'll be cool

8.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Perma-bans run across all our games. Here is how we see it:

1) We moderate the game very closely to protect our players. Kids play our game, a lot. Someone mentioned Seven Swords earlier, and how you had to have a male character in that game because you would instantly be targeted with unwanted attention (ie sexy-chat). We stomp that out as soon as we hear of it. As well as all hate-speech, racial intolerance, scamming, and abuse of any sort.

2) We moderate the game very closely to protect ourselves. You guys have a DIRECT pipeline to the developers. We don't have moderators, we have devs, that play the game (and read the forums) all the time. Our heart and soul is here. So when a new (painful) change comes into the game, we need to know all about it, but we don't need to wade through a sea of hatred to get to the real issues. The community in online games like to pile on. If we let comments fly about how something "totally sucks" or is an "epic fail" or how we have "ruined" the game, more and more people gravitate towards that type of communication.

That is an unsustainable method of communication. We simply won't do it, because we are emotionally invested in this game as much as you. And we need to be here, side-by-side with the community, to make a truly epic game.

So we thrive on mutual respect, and level, analytical feedback. If you don't agree with what we are doing, fine. It is very valuable to know. Tell us how much longer something takes, or how it feels less powerful. But if you want to rage and scream and organize protests and encourage people to 1-star us, we would prefer you not play our game. We are people after all, and we need communication, not abuse, to make this game all it can be for everyone.

All that being said, we realize that some of you who have been banned may now understand more clearly what type of communication we need to thrive as a game. If you want to email us at support, and let us know that you understand what is expected moving forward, we'd love to listen.

- g
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post

1) We moderate the game very closely to protect our players. Kids play our game, a lot. Someone mentioned Seven Swords earlier, and how you had to have a male character in that game because you would instantly be targeted with unwanted attention (ie sexy-chat). We stomp that out as soon as we hear of it. As well as all hate-speech, racial intolerance, scamming, and abuse of any sort.

2) We moderate the game very closely to protect ourselves. You guys have a DIRECT pipeline to the developers. We don't have moderators, we have devs, that play the game (and read the forums) all the time. Our heart and soul is here. So when a new (painful) change comes into the game, we need to know all about it, but we don't need to wade through a sea of hatred to get to the real issues. The community in online games like to pile on. If we let comments fly about how something "totally sucks" or is an "epic fail" or how we have "ruined" the game, more and more people gravitate towards that type of communication.

That is an unsustainable method of communication. We simply won't do it, because we are emotionally invested in this game as much as you. And we need to be here, side-by-side with the community, to make a truly epic game.

So we thrive on mutual respect, and level, analytical feedback. If you don't agree with what we are doing, fine. It is very valuable to know. Tell us how much longer something takes, or how it feels less powerful. But if you want to rage and scream and organize protests and encourage people to 1-star us, we would prefer you not play our game. We are people after all, and we need communication, not abuse, to make this game all it can be for everyone.

All that being said, we realize that some of you who have been banned may now understand more clearly what type of communication we need to thrive as a game. If you want to email us at support, and let us know that you understand what is expected moving forward, we'd love to listen.

- g
    i agree and by the way, that was very well said!
    Quote Originally Posted by Conradin View Post
    Gotta catch em all.
    check out this thread for a list of scams! http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...f-common-scams

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post

You guys have a DIRECT pipeline to the developers. We don't have moderators, we have devs, that play the game (and read the forums) all the time. Our heart and soul is here.

- g
    This is a privilege for many MMOs! Thanks devs.

Zero tolerance/school of hard knocks is the way forward imo for infringing the terms and conditions.

I wonder if you could code in an Angel of Death to literally scythe PCs in game that break the t&c's?!
    Last edited by ratava; 04-15-2011 at 10:12 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

[edit... philosphical rambling deleted]

The devs want all feedback to be kept to the feedback thread for that release or patch. As people keep starting threads about their own personal feedback, the devs will keep locking them. Why do people think their own feedback is worthy of a special thread? Especially since, when combined with other similar opinions it has so much more force. Yet they continue to start threads like "My opinion of the current controversy". I don't get it. What is so hard about adding your comment to the official feedback, instead of fighting with the devs? What is so hard about saying what you think without having to be cruel to someone else? All you have to do is ask yourself, if someone said this to me, would I be inclined to listen, or would I want to fight? Clearly, if you want people to listen to you, you will post your ideas the first way, and edit out the stuff that will distract from your idea and just make people want to fight.
    Last edited by Snakespeare; 04-15-2011 at 11:17 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I've made no bones about being critical of the recent changes, and I don't fear being banned over those criticisms, because I do it in the form of feedback, not whining and moaning. Just saying "this sucks" or threatening to ragequit doesn't accomplish anything. Saying that I don't like "X for Y reason(s), and maybe they should consider Z" is far more appropriate reaction, and is far more likely to get a reasonable response from the developers.

It's OK to be upset over the changes if you don't like them. Just channel that into a list of reasons why you are upset rather than lashing out or questioning motives.
    Potentially helpful thread: Your Job (or: How Not To Look Like A N00b)
    My Guild: The Duchy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i understand banning completely, i really do. but what hacks me off is that someone said "wth"( i wont use an "F" instead of "H" because thats why he got banned in the first place for that ) and other abbreviations and got banned, but then you go to another game and they are throwing the f word around like its nothing. its also funny how this is to protect the younger audience of PL when cussing is usually a matter of maturity, and i have found that its the kids that cuss the most! one thing i have absolutely no problem with is the permabans for scamming. it takes a certain mindset to scam, so if you venture into that water just be prepared to get banned, fast. (i know 101% of people on forums dont scam either, just thought i would say it tho)

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i understand banning completely, i really do. but what hacks me off is that someone said "wth"( i wont use an "F" instead of "H" because thats why he got banned in the first place for that ) and other abbreviations and got banned,
    Depends on which context you use WT*. If you're running around screaming it in towne so everyone can hear - and I've seen "WT* DEVS COOLDOWN SUX BOYCOTT PL!1" - then yes, their idiocy has gotten them banned. If you're running with a bunch of friends in Sewer games and you happen to wipe out at a boss and you go WT* then I highly doubt you'll be banned for that.

but then you go to another game and they are throwing the f word around like its nothing.
    But PL is not "another" game...

its also funny how this is to protect the younger audience of PL when cussing is usually a matter of maturity, and i have found that its the kids that cuss the most!
    Just because the majority of cussers in games are kids don't mean that all kids cuss or should be exposed to it. Can't make the assumption that all kids are resistant to cussing.

one thing i have absolutely no problem with is the permabans for scamming. it takes a certain mindset to scam, so if you venture into that water just be prepared to get banned, fast. (i know 101% of people on forums dont scam either, just thought i would say it tho)
    I agree, scamming warrants a permaban. Once a scammer, always a scammer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    But PL is not "another" game...
    not another game completely, i was referring to a different game in PL itself, like some pvp games, ill be in CS and usually no one will even say "hell", go to a pvp or a hard pve game and its alot different

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

... its also funny how this is to protect the younger audience of PL when cussing is usually a matter of maturity, and i have found that its the kids that cuss the most!
    red, I am not getting your gist here. Are you saying you think cussing should be OK because they do it in other places? Are you saying cussing should be ok because kids cuss more than grownups? Are you implying that you don't think it really is to protect the younger audience? I don't think you mean to say any of that, so I guess I don't understand.

But, as much as the OFFICIAL statement is because kids play this game, and even though many people have strong opinions on both sides of it, there is a legal issue that is being ignored. It is still very nebulous how the FCC rules are to be applied regarding social networks. And when the FCC thinks you are breaking their rules, they fine you. There is little recourse to justice over an FCC fine. Janet Jackson had pasties on, yet the network that showed Justin Timberlake "accidentally" ripping her shirt was fined millions. In some IRC chat channels you can swear like a drunken sailor, but those channels also try to keep out kids.

In a perfect world, the anglo-saxon words that are consider vulgar (which merely means common) would be just as acceptable as the French words we are allowed to use. But the reality of it is that Guillaume conquered England and since that time, use of Anglo-Saxon words for bodily functions implied that you were one of the conquered, not one of the conquerors. And naturally, anyone who can't adapt to the language of the conqueror is considered stupid. We say "pardon my French", but in fact, the pardon we seek is for NOT speaking French.

But it is also the behavior behind each vulgarism that makes them so negative. To insult the beautiful acts of love by using them as expletives when we are angry, to use acts of love as taunts to someone to imply that they have loose virtues, to call out the name of some prophet that someone else adores, these are flat out mean behaviors. It's not the words, then, you see, but the motive behind the use of the terms. Another example is to call for divine condemnation on another person. It's just cruel.

Everyone goes through a phase where they celebrate their personal freedom from the constraints of parental control by spewing every word their parents don't want them to use. But that's exactly the problem here. Nobody wants a bunch of angry parents finding out that their children are going into STS's MMO and celebrating their freedom by spewing anglo-saxon terms or derogatory words about other people's skin color or gender. Nobody knows if that will cause the FCC to fine the devs. So, what else can they do? I'm sure they swear, too, but this may be well out of their control.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Although a little technical for most kids, well said and very true!

I've always shared that profanity is a feeble mind trying to force itself expressively....and it generally quells the issues with most players of any caliber
    Rusalio~Lvl 75 Tank|Dexalio~Lvl 75 Archer|MaGalio~Lvl 76 Mage|[COLOR="red"]| plus 100 more...Minds are like parachutes, they only function when open.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When you join a game world you have to obey the rules. Freedom of speech does not apply in a game world. A game world is not America, Asia, etc. You have to abide by the TOS. Those who got banned for constant complaining you did not offer anything constructive. A game world is not a Democratic society.

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

wait did u guys recently check the chat or whatever or is did u check mine cause i was in balefort protesting kinda?

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

20.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #19
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razerfingers View Post
    wait did u guys recently check the chat or whatever or is did u check mine cause i was in balefort protesting kinda?
    Huh .
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

i got banned for stuff that happened last week but its for 7 days but ehhh im just wondering if i heated my chat infront of the dev or u just were checking peoples chat on wednsday

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump