Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fanfiction: Your Heroes' Backstory

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Default Fanfiction: Your Heroes' Backstory

Every hero has a story. From the time of birth, your story unfolds along many tangents as you travel among beaten paths and experience glory and hardships that shape who you are today.

In AL, you jump straight into the life of an undefined hero and pursue quests all across the land, such is the way of RPG's. But surely you have had wonders about your character before the events unravelled in AL. Where were they from? How was their childhood and adolescence? Were they a decorated soldier in a defining war? Or were they a tortured soul left to die as their land was ramsacked from an attack from a neighboring nation?

The pen is in your hands. The longer you play AL, the more developed the relationship between you and your avatar becomes. I challenge the community to create a fanfiction backstory behind your hero or heroes. Be as thorough and detailed as you'd like, let your imagination and creativity run wild. I'm interested in reading your stories.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Is that allowed? Sts owns anything within their games be it visual designs,gameplay or story wise i know nothings wrong with fan theories other media franchise have that too, and as long as the author,owner,company etc.. doesn't approve any fan theories aren't allowed. Ask sts first for approval.

"An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, evil for evil"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nightmaresmoke View Post
    as long as the author,owner,company etc.. doesn't approve any fan theories aren't allowed.
    Since when are fan theories not allowed?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alphahero View Post
    Since when are fan theories not allowed?
    I mean if can anyone can make a story when even firstly the owner don't even have a origin story of themselves just some chapters of their adventures.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Is that allowed?
    If it weren't, there wouldn't be a section for fan fiction on forums.

On topic, I stole my character from the graphic novel Cerebus. It's a 6ft psychic aardvark who tried to conquer the world and failed comicaly until he became enlightened and gave up war to master chess.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Is that allowed? Sts owns anything within their games be it visual designs,gameplay or story wise i know nothings wrong with fan theories other media franchise have that too, and as long as the author,owner,company etc.. doesn't approve any fan theories aren't allowed. Ask sts first for approval.

Is this a serious post?

If serious, by all means anyone can create their own story. We play an RPG afterall, everything is player-driven. Thoughts and imagination are not defined by property, so people are definitely allowed to customize and share their own history as they see fit.

I haven't finished with my story, but i have one in thought. The purpose of this thread is to excite thought and promote a community relationship with other players. Every other game, especially MMORPG's dwell on this sort of stuff.
    Last edited by Zylx; 02-11-2017 at 11:18 PM.

Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    Is this a serious post, or is it a hate-driven troll?

If serious, by all means anyone can create their own story. We play an RPG afterall, everything is player-driven. Thoughts and imagination are not defined by property, so people are definitely allowed to customize and share their own history as they see fit.

I haven't finished with my story, but i have one in thought.
    Whoa what's with the salty reply? Yeah everyone can make their own fan theories as they want as long as they don't get ahead of the author or which in this case the game company sts,sts doesn't have a origin story for AL yet so getting ahead seems bad not unless sts ask the community for AL's backstory, that's why i repeat anyone should ask sts first for their approval before starting making their origin fan theory.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Whoa what's with the salty reply? Yeah everyone can make their own fan theories as they want as long as they don't get ahead of the author or which in this case the game company sts,sts doesn't have a origin story for AL yet so getting ahead seems bad not unless sts ask the community for AL's backstory, that's why i repeat anyone should ask sts first for their approval before starting making their origin fan theory.

Sorry, lol. The quote under your post lead me to think you were satirically mocking a previous thread i created regarding gold selling and property xD. I couldnt tell if you were mocking, or curiously uninformed.
    "Eye for an eye"

Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Sorry, lol. The quote under your post lead me to think you were satirically mocking a previous thread i created regarding gold selling and property xD. I couldnt tell if you were mocking, or curiously uninformed.
    "Eye for an eye"
    Lol property what? Sorry i didn't know such a thread yeah my quote is kinda misleading sometimes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Every hero has a story. From the time of birth, your story unfolds along many tangents as you travel among beaten paths and experience glory and hardships that shape who you are today.

In AL, you jump straight into the life of an undefined hero and pursue quests all across the land, such is the way of RPG's. But surely you have had wonders about your character before the events unravelled in AL. Where were they from? How was their childhood and adolescence? Were they a decorated soldier in a defining war? Or were they a tortured soul left to die as their land was ramsacked from an attack from a neighboring nation?

The pen is in your hands. The longer you play AL, the more developed the relationship between you and your avatar becomes. I challenge the community to create a fanfiction backstory behind your hero or heroes. Be as thorough and detailed as you'd like, let your imagination and creativity run wild. I'm interested in reading your stories.
    My character's backstory.....

IT'S a mage............ Magical academy dropout...... Has substance abuse issues (uses health and mana pots to concoct intoxicating substances)......... And IT (the mage) is lazy and unemployed (quit farming to drink health and mana concoctions ALL DAY), which is why IT (the mage) is currently BROKE and HOMELESS in arlor.......... You can find IT (the mage) roaming maps/towns in arlor looking to steal valuables from the mobs and bosses in arlor because, heck, times are rough..................

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Motherless_Child For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Once upon a time, a greedy goblin gave into his lust for gold. He decided to invade the kingdom of Arlor for he wanted everything for himself. Little did he know, there was a hero yet to be born. Her name? Azeroth Raven. Born as a small town country girl but driven by her dream to be better. She knew nothing more than farming. But circumstances forced her to become something more. She had to become someone else; she had to become something else. A Rogue. Like all heroes in Arlor, she started at the bottom but her need to become the best led her to the top. It was not an easy quest, hours of farming locked; being scammed; and farming again. But she knew there was only one way to become the best and that is to be with the best. She joined the guild named "Farming Base". Over years of hard work and passion, she became an officer.

Life was not easy for her as a new player to the war zone. People constantly referring her as "nab" made it difficult to be motivated but she also found some who acted as a guide. With hard work and determination, she collected all original pets to become a beast master like she had promised her dad. Furthermore, collecting awesome pets like SnS, Mishi, Samael,Hisha, Nightshade and Abaddon along the way.

Our hero, Raven became well known among all for she had always helped those in her path and never scammed or cheat in anyway. She was brave, honest and powerful. With a dps of 3.5k and health of 6k, she was above the average hero of Arlor. Raven embarked on quest such as 5000 elite kills in Underhul, Arcane Parchment and Savior of Tindril. Now it is rumored that she is still searching for the Arcane fossils in Shuyal Arena. She has opened 4K+ elite arena master chest with no luck but she will not quit.

Raven had achieved her dream to be better but there is always room for improvements. She now strives to buy a tavern to put her past behind her. With her upcoming goal to become an Elite Light-bearer and Serve The Light.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Azerothraven For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Title was born an orphan, left in the cold by a mad scientist after his failed attempt to create a human-frog hybrid, adopted by the grand wizard of a lowly magic university. Years of training and growth in the arcane arts evolved him into a cunningly handsome and talented archmage who ventured out to seek his true path.

He happened upon a seductive siren in his travels, who lured him with her bewitching charm and he fell under her coma-inducing spell as she took a fragment of his soul away. When he awoke 5 years later from a hardened cocoon of dirt and rock, he decided to pursue his lost soul.

He happened upon the mining village just outside of Windmoore as it was being burned down by a ragtag gang of goblins. After saving the villagers along with the village elder dousing the flames, he went forth to windmoore tavern to begin his quest to search for his missing soul. He believes fate will eventually bring him to what he would become so long as he follows the footprints of the evil that plagues the land.

Arcane Legends Discord

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

i am a mere peasant, playing amongst gods. Don't make up stories about me!

-Boa "the hero"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thexkid View Post
    i am a mere peasant, playing amongst gods. Don't make up stories about me!

-Boa "the hero"
    Is that the boa o.o

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Once apon a time there was a potato, the end.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flamesofanger View Post
    Once apon a time there was a potato, the end.
    Everything about your forums account gives me the chills.

Anyways... I come from a middle-class family who originally lived in Alterra. My father made a name for himself and his family, before they all died but him. He decided that his only two children must leave his home-land and go to the new city that just opened up. The guards in Alterra were dying out and Arlor was protected by way more people. My sister and I were only one years old when we came here. We talk to our father almost every other day. Me and my sister don't talk as much but we are better off that way - rogues and smurfs, at least that's what she call us, don't get along.
    Currently Playing:
    Aype [71 Mage] Rehired [61 Rogue]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rehired View Post
    Everything about your forums account gives me the chills.

Anyways... I come from a middle-class family who originally lived in Alterra. My father made a name for himself and his family, before they all died but him. He decided that his only two children must leave his home-land and go to the new city that just opened up. The guards in Alterra were dying out and Arlor was protected by way more people. My sister and I were only one years old when we came here. We talk to our father almost every other day. Me and my sister don't talk as much but we are better off that way - rogues and smurfs, at least that's what she call us, don't get along.
    Did you try singing a happy song?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts

Once upon a time, there was a livestreamer, who decided to see how fast he could level a brand new rogue from level 1 to 36 (the cap at that time) and he did a 24 hour stream to see how fast he could do it, and completed in 16 hours, who then promptly retired from the game for several years, only to return in a blaze of glory, and continue his streams! Uhhh thats about it :P

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Zojak For This Useful Post:

@ the intersection of Tea. Earl Grey. Hot and Damn Fine Cup of Coffee.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    369 Posts

Once upon a time something something something nameless mage something something....and the people rejoiced. The End.

Join the AL Community Discord!https://discord.gg/VrMWZ8t
    Retired Coffeegirl, Veep Of Arlor, 2016

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Java View Post
    Once upon a time something something something nameless mage something something....and the people rejoiced. The End.
    Lmaoooo
    And 7 more “O’s” for 11 chars

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Rehired For This Useful Post: