Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Regarding Auto Mutes and Auto Bans for Offensive or Vulgar Chat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

This may not be "constructive" or whatever, but WTF (!) Anyway, this is really stupid. (I hope that's note an auto-mute) My effing god, maybe you should have a tutorial about how to turn filter on. If a 5 year old kid turns on filter just cuz he needs to hear some cuss words, that's his problem. IF you feel uncomfortable, just turn the fudging filter on! If you know what the asteriks mean, then that means YOU, not US, taught you those werdy derdys.
    That was for /vent.

In short, in a "constructive" manner, this is what I meant. If say...a 5 year old turned off filter, he would most likely KNOW that it would allow certain werdy derdies to get in his head. If you are worried about them accidents, then make a tutorial like this. "If you are 12 or younger, turn on your chat filter, just in case. Blah Blah Blah. You get the point." I mean, the filter was just fine. Turn on filter and the F werd looks like ****. If you are younger than 13, and you know what **** stands for, that means it is NOT our fault that he knows that bad word. Why punish our auto-correct for some lame 13 year old who wants to giggle at 9 o' clock PM in bed hiding from his momma? (That was not constructive soz)

That is all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Keep a record and let players report when they are offended by others. This auto muting is ridiculous when transgressions are minor, mistaken, and offensive to no one. $#!+

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I agree. I'm getting muted for slip ups and typos. And stupid words like poop that shouldn't even be on list. This isn't makin game fun. The little people that dot like it should have forced chat filter. U should have to enter ur birthday and if ur younger than 18 u have no choice to ncheck ur filter. Til u turn 18 then ur filter becomes active to where u can change it. Anyone under 18 should automatically have filter on them. And adult should be able to unfilter!!
    I love Pocket Legends!!!!!

Colborne lvl55 str/dex beast, Colborned lvl52 pure dex bird, Xtremelyhigh lvl33 int/dex Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Herb View Post
    Keep a record and let players report when they are offended by others. This auto muting is ridiculous when transgressions are minor, mistaken, and offensive to no one. $#!+

I second this.

I personally sent an e-mail to PL asking for my money back because that's how ridiculous I think this chat filter is.

I don't play with random people, I play with a group of friends only. If we can't talk how we want to each other, well... that's ****ing retarded.

Not everyone who plays PL is playing on Mommy's iPhone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Default Good idea but...

Quote Originally Posted by Colborne View Post
    I agree. I'm getting muted for slip ups and typos. And stupid words like poop that shouldn't even be on list. This isn't makin game fun. The little people that dot like it should have forced chat filter. U should have to enter ur birthday and if ur younger than 18 u have no choice to ncheck ur filter. Til u turn 18 then ur filter becomes active to where u can change it. Anyone under 18 should automatically have filter on them. And adult should be able to unfilter!!
    Kids have a tendency to lie about age.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kallima View Post
    Kids have a tendency to lie about age.
    Well then those kids probably already know what swear words are. And probably use them on a regular basis. Everybody shouldn't pay the price for some stupid kid that thinks he's cool lying bout his age then complaining about the adults. Get a life!!!!!! I just wanna play and talk with my friends. I don't think we should be banned for having private games and talking the way we do in those private games!!!!
    I love Pocket Legends!!!!!

Colborne lvl55 str/dex beast, Colborned lvl52 pure dex bird, Xtremelyhigh lvl33 int/dex Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Herb View Post
    This was already how it worked (the report button). STS saw fit to change it because that wasn't good enough. (Not sure what wasn't good enough about it, but that's what they did.)

As for offensive to no one, that's not true either. Some folks do take offense to even hints of such things. Should they be playing an MMO? Any MMO? No, probably not.

But auto filtering or not, someone can be far, far more abusive and offensive than any filter can detect. In fact, the verbal offenses committed without the use of profanities are often the most painful.

So, not only does the filter not stop offensive behavior, it makes it that much harder to detect. Luckily, the report button is still available.

I'm certainly not against profanity, in general. There's a time and place for it. And frustrated or excited gaming is definitely one of those times, around those who share similar attitudes.

STS should probably just ask age, and divide the gaming amongst under 13 and 13+ (or some such split -- the 13-22 bracket is probably the absolute worst in terms of vulgarity). Further, they could also let those over 13 play in the non-offensive areas (with full filters and banning for breaking rules in those areas). But the other areas -- being age-based and, basically, opt-in, would be a "you have been warned" area.

I think there are enough players to support such a divide at this point, but maybe not.
    Lilbyrdie - Enchantress; Naabafrekie - Archer; Bearmiathan - Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Why can't you devs just post what kind of words that we can't use. I mean poop? What's the fart pack for than. And if you want to say a swear word find an alternative.

<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

U can also get muted for saying crap or dang it happened to me 3 times lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not true I'm 14 and swear worse than a sailor!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Its not going change so you potty mouths can have your way. Its in the TOS so it stays.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I added a page on the wiki which we can use to collect words known to trigger auto muting:

http://pocketlegends.wikia.com/wiki/Game_Chat
    I changed my forum name to match my in-game name Rauyran. All my future posts will be under that name.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I posted this in bugs, but snakespeare said I should post it here.

I was muted for using the word ***, yet that exact word is in item descriptions. One example would be fiery leather, the description is " kick-*** flame job". I think the word *** should be either removed from the filter, or the description for certain items should be changed. Thank you!
    Skavengr - lvl56 dual spec tank/bow bear, Alameina - lvl56 full mega int mage, MegaDooomer - lvl56 full custom dex bird

Skavenger - commando, Skavengr - engineer, MegaDooomer - operative
    Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    Your Int is only 1. You should not even be able to form words in your mouth lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slush View Post
    They're noobs, what do you expect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Especially since that word is in the Bible... 76 times in King James starting at Genesis 22... just typed it into search at Bible Gateway.
    Last edited by Snakespeare; 04-28-2011 at 02:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Just seen someone use *** ingame, so no mute. Maybe it was just asshat that gets muted? I'm so confused. Can a Dev or admin pm me exactly what the issue is plz, feel free to use any words necessary, I can handle it, I'm an adult lol. Thanks again!
    Skavengr - lvl56 dual spec tank/bow bear, Alameina - lvl56 full mega int mage, MegaDooomer - lvl56 full custom dex bird

Skavenger - commando, Skavengr - engineer, MegaDooomer - operative
    Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    Your Int is only 1. You should not even be able to form words in your mouth lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slush View Post
    They're noobs, what do you expect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would say asshat gets muted. I also think Devs expect players to use CS rather than spam sale items. What people don't realize town servers have 25 or less peeps where CS reaches all town servers. Devs will implement the spam filter eventually. Than we will read more rants about being muted. I assume they are letting people get used to the mute feature than unload it all at once. The spamming has gotten bad an eventually it will get dealt with.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry Automuter not working

I just got muted for no reason so I think you guys should fix it because if I get banned for no reason I'ma b upset since I have bought round 40$ in plat, so please fix it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Can you guys like PM me a list of the words that are on it? You said you wouldnt post it so just PM it
    Bow Down to a Goddess 👑

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They wont give it to anyone your wasting your time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Is there a way to notify people around you that you have been muted. Since we cant chat or anything some people wouldnt realize. 5 mins isnt much but then again a notification that the person has been muted would be a better way to resolve things.