Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who has the most gold

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Lay off Lone, pls

Why so mean to thelonearcher???
    Picking on him is a juvenile exercise in being hateful.
    So what if Lone bought gold?
    He's a great player- an asset to the game and the forum.

I have like 62K only.
    I don't care about gold much- except needing five million for a guild lol lol
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

wait...5 million for a guild????

That would be unfortunate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

People laugh at lonearcher because of his foolish decision to purchase gold lol we all have money IRL and if your spending a grand on in game gold you have issues no matter how much you have i mean im sure a good amount of us could drop 20-30k of real money on gold or items in many different games but we dont because were smart people. just sayin smart people make smart decisions, foolish people make foolish decisions and the world keeps spinning.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KronicDecay View Post
    Whopping 20k and i dont even know what to do with it

i'll take the load off your hands

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

All I have to say to this thread is who cares!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dbawlz View Post
    People laugh at lonearcher because of his foolish decision to purchase gold lol we all have money IRL and if your spending a grand on in game gold you have issues no matter how much you have i mean im sure a good amount of us could drop 20-30k of real money on gold or items in many different games but we dont because were smart people. just sayin smart people make smart decisions, foolish people make foolish decisions and the world keeps spinning.
    Thank you for your solid insight. You have clarified things for foolish and smart people everywhere.

For the record I was not laughing at anyone. I was merely stating that the idea of "smart spending" is entirely relative. No matter how much people try to fit other's actions into their own world-view, it's no more true, than clarifying that chocolate is better than vanilla ice cream. And that one's easy.
    Malaclypse/Enchantress*Spudboy/Archer*Slackerbob/Paladin?
    Fnordian refugee

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Furrawn View Post
    He's a great player- an asset to the game and the forum.
    No, not really.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    All I have to say to this thread is who cares!
    agreed....your the richiest "mofo" how do u feel? need a cookie :P.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Guys, cool it this is a FRIENDLY forum a place to make more friends NOT enemies so....cool it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tjornan View Post
    Lol u know wat i like to do? Sell bad swamp pinks to noobs for 20k, then watch wen they try to sell them for 40k and someone offers them 5k........ its so much fun
    Wait ... so your plan for generating gold is to scam helpless newbies? And then you enjoy watching them realize that you scammed them?

Please tell me that I misunderstood something in your post....
    Characters: Epimetheus - Lvl 56 Warrior (main character), Atropos - Lvl 50 Enchantress, Aereus - Lvl 50 Archer
    I was a warrior before warriors became cool....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

shameless bump! (updated my pic hehe)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i dont accept scamming, i mean intentionally scamming. theres a difference. like the other day a guy wanted a swamp purple of me, i said got money to buy it? it was like 4k, he said no, and said he wanted to trade something, he put a mamboza robe in trade box..then said how about this? i never planned to scam him, if he doesnt understand the game mechanics then im not the one whos gonna teach him, i said ok and traded

i never planned on scamming, but it happens, if im a bad person for this then fair enough lol, its just an example

if someone stays in towne to scam someone, and thats their only reason then thats a bad thought process
    Last edited by Sayishere; 06-09-2010 at 04:25 AM.
    Sayishere - Archer.

Never tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think you guys need to differentiate between "playing" the market (inflating prices etc.) and scamming... meaning removing items from trade or switching them etc. Those are two totally different things... at least i think so. So don't interchange scamming and trading smart... If I can get a "sucker" to pay for something I'll do it. Its part of the learning process. People try to get me to sell my pinks for 1-2k to them all the time... lol I just do a 180 on that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If they have no knowledge of the market or the value of items because they're new, then it is a problem...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I seem to have generated some heat with my previous comment about "scamming" so I'd like to be precise. I don't want to offend or accuse anyone unintentionally.

I was responding to this quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by tjornan View Post
    Lol u know wat i like to do? Sell bad swamp pinks to noobs for 20k, then watch wen they try to sell them for 40k and someone offers them 5k........ its so much fun
    If I understand this post correctly, the poster is saying that he/she deliberately seeks out "noobs" to overcharge them for Swamp pinks. This behavior is very different from accepting an offer which just happens to be over the "usual" value. Seeking out newbies to overcharge is scamming, and I'll stick by that accusation. Simply allowing a newbie to overpay you is not scamming, especially if the newbie initiated the transaction.

That said, I think it would be nice to correct a newbie who wants to overpay you by some ludicrous amount. ("Wow, Swampy Trident of the Bear looks cool! 30k for it!!") You'd be a newbie-helper and win a virtual prize for being willing to walk away from a potential windfall. But it wouldn't make you a scammer if you simply accepted the gold. Nobody has an obligation to prevent newbies from making newbie mistakes. Does that seem reasonable?
    Last edited by SlipperyJim; 06-09-2010 at 10:30 AM.
    Characters: Epimetheus - Lvl 56 Warrior (main character), Atropos - Lvl 50 Enchantress, Aereus - Lvl 50 Archer
    I was a warrior before warriors became cool....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

TBH. I wouldn't call overcharging noobs scamming.
    If the person was smart, he or she would at least take the time and scout the market to get a fair idea of what prices are.
    However, if they simply jumped in and flailed around money, then maybe a good lesson isn't so bad after all.

-Adv

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Idk.
    I agree w Advance that newbies should be smart enough to look at current prices. We live in an Ebay world after all I agree, too, that if it's a mutually agreed trade then it isn't a scam...

But, for me, I think that I try to be helpful. Gold isn't worth maybe making a new player feel badly about PL because some upstanding senior member sold him/her a $5K pink for $30K. It's a playing community that everyone benefits from... I mean, yes, the newbie should have a brain, BUT senior members represent the game at its best, right?
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage

The Great Mountain of .........................BLEED!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

.......... True Dat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hi, gwenny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Seeking out newbies to overcharge isn't scamming, but it shows a persons ethics and morals.

However, I do know the newb overcharging backfired on tj at least once. He over paid for a mojo wand to try to overcharge a newb, but he got stuck with the wand instead and spent 30 mins begging for a refund lol. He was even willing to take 5k less back on the refund lol.
    Proud Forum Guild member.
    Mobdropper - 35 Mage
    Berigut - 35 Dex Bear
    Archang - 35 Dex Mage