Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 5v5 CTF SUMMER BASH TOURNAMENT (Lv. 105)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iamxmayhem View Post
    It’ll be the same struggle for y’all to match up against restoration 2. As abolize stated , during first rounds we had a player sacrifice and play at 4 am. It is what it is. All of our teams are 4/ 5 hours behind / behind . And we never got the second match “in officially” cause the other team forfeited due to irl issues . Simple as that tyvm.
    Key words "we had a player sacrifice and play at 4am". They are asking our whole team to "sacrifice" to play at 5-6am when all of us have family obligations and work to attend in the morning.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I work 96 hours weekly . Team aggravate . Full of apex members also made sacrifices . Some of their players were 10 hours behind us. One being mutate , which was the team captain. We had people , and so did they, of all different time zones, but we made it work . It’s a tournament . You make sacrifices , that’s just how it is . Y’all will have the same struggle setting up a match If bracket is altered .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iamxmayhem View Post
    I work 96 hours weekly . Team aggravate . Full of apex members also made sacrifices . Some of their players were 10 hours behind us. One being mutate , which was the team captain. We had people , and so did they, of all different time zones, but we made it work . It’s a tournament . You make sacrifices , that’s just how it is . Y’all will have the same struggle setting up a match If bracket is altered .
    Wtf 96 hours a week? That’s not healthy lol
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Point is, let it rest. It’s unfair in my opinion to switch up the bracket this late in the tournament, take this as a learning experience for the next one.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Absolize For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IiRose View Post
    However, this tournament is unlike any other since its a 5v5 on a much larger scale with this many teams
    IIRC, in May when a poll was put up to see what tourney type people wanted, 5v5 didn't get the popular vote, 3v3 ctf however did get the majority of the votes, yet a 5v5 was chosen. I am just saying that 3v3 would have been much easier to schedule / play out each round with two less players, would have garnered more interest therefore resulting in more teams signing up, and would have been less painful than what you're dealing with today, making it overall more fun. Hindsight is 20/20. Hopefully everyone can work together earnestly and quickly get their matches in. I have faith they can.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Draebatad For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Team family suggested this time..

USA central - 10am saturday 21july

Family
    Wreckor-11pm
    Lag-11am
    Chaotikz-5pm
    Blo-8am
    Zoro-5pm

Which makes it 8am to 11am for team reborn, however they declinded because of real life commitments.

No one in family has ever suggested an earlier time to force any of them to play before 8am for them.
    No has anyone in reborn offered to play earlier.

Reborn have only suggested time between 8pm-2am for them which force members in my team to sacrifice thier time
    from 2am-8am and other members from 12am-5am.

Please don’t feel upset that we ever forced any time inconvenient to your team.
    We want to get this match in too at a time fair to everyone.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

World of emergency services bro lol. Sleepless elite life ✌����

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

My official proposal –

Reborn and Restoration II can play their altered match together, and Family and Betrayed can play their match together. Restoration II is allowed to play Betrayed and Reborn is allowed to play Family (as is the current bracket), but that's more than likely not going to happen.

Between the two matches, the team that wins their match first can have the choice to play Restoration I or Apex in the semi-finals. The team that wins their match second will fill the last semi-final spot. I'm going to extend the deadline to through this Sunday (that is, you have all of Sunday to compete). This will be a hard deadline, and I will be doing disqualifications based on my discretion at that point.
    Last edited by XghostzX; 07-23-2018 at 04:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nenany View Post
    Team family suggested this time..

USA central - 10am saturday 21july

Family
    Wreckor-11pm
    Lag-11am
    Chaotikz-5pm
    Blo-8am
    Zoro-5pm

Which makes it 8am to 11am for team reborn, however they declinded because of real life commitments.

No one in family has ever suggested an earlier time to force any of them to play before 8am for them.
    No has anyone in reborn offered to play earlier.

Reborn have only suggested time between 8pm-2am for them which force members in my team to sacrifice thier time
    from 2am-8am and other members from 12am-5am.

Please don’t feel upset that we ever forced any time inconvenient to your team.
    We want to get this match in too at a time fair to everyone.
    Once again, real life commitments came first before the game. Your first round went through because the team you were supposed to face backed out. This problem could have been solved then due to different times and be able to change brackets in the first round and not now. Our first round had us play at 1am which 2 of our players shouldnt have but did anyways because of deadline.

The time you suggested was declined due to none of our players being available at 10am due to real life obligations. We told your team the availability we were available for before negotiations happened and it was still ignored. Not saying neither of us didnt try to schedule, but as apparently i have to say again. YOU HAVE 4 DIFFERENT TIME ZONES THROUGHOUT YOUR TEAM, 1 IS 3HRS AHEAD AND THE OTHER 2 ARE 6 AND 9HRS AHEAD OF THE OTHER 3. Thats hard to even try to get time in because if having to work around just 2 sets of time zones, we have to work around a total of 5 including our own.

To get 10 players available with 5 different time zones with 2 of your players being significantly different fron the other 3 team mates, thats not gonna happen.

Look are you times listed.

When its 10am ECT.

Wreckor- 11pm
    Lag- 11am
    Chaotikz- 5pm
    Blo- 8am
    Zoro-5pm

Chao and zoro are 6hrs behind wreckor
    Chao and zoro are 6hrs ahead of lag
    Chao and zoro are 9hrs ahead of blo
    Wreckor is 12hrs ahead of lag and 15hrs ahead if blo

Those times are too broad and hard to work around. You have 4 different time zones that we have to take into account which doesnt line up with any of out teamates. Our greatest time difference is 3hrs and thats only 1 teamate. The rest of our team is East coast.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    My official proposal –

Reborn and Restoration II can play their altered match together, and Family and Betrayed can play their match together. Restoration II is allowed to play Betrayed and Reborn is allowed to play Family (as is the current bracket), but that's more than likely not going to happen.

Between the two matches, the team that wins their match first can have the choice to play Restoration I or Apex in the semi-finals. The team that wins their match second will fill the last semi-final spot. I'm going to extend the deadline to through this Sunday (that is, you have all of Sunday to compete). This will be a hard deadline, and I will be doing disqualifications based on my discretion at that point.
    It is too late to change the brackets as other members dont agree with it. We gave our availability before negotiations even started.

Though you saying that whoever players their match first gets to choose who they play? No, you dont get to choose who you want to play in semi finals. If that were to happen, resto could win a match and simply pick to face apex to avoid resto 1 and garuntee that only resto could get to the finals.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I'm going to update my proposal and say that any of the 4 teams can play each other. First team to wins still chooses who they play next in semi-finals, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

I'm going to update my proposal and say that any of the 4 teams can play each other. First team to wins still chooses who they play next in semi-finals, etc.
    If you want this tourney to look legit, it's a bit late for changes. I'd be very careful. Let it go for the sake of the credibility of this tourney.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

wait wait wait . Didn’t read thoroughly . How would they get to choose who they play? If Resto 2 does end up playing betrayed they should advance from that bracket . Point blank
    Last edited by Iamxmayhem; 07-23-2018 at 04:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    It is too late to change the brackets as other members dont agree with it. We gave our availability before negotiations even started.

Though you saying that whoever players their match first gets to choose who they play? No, you dont get to choose who you want to play in semi finals. If that were to happen, resto could win a match and simply pick to face apex to avoid resto 1 and garuntee that only resto could get to the finals.
    Nahh, I'm going to use my hosting abilities to do what I believe is right

My proposal has been stated, good luck to the 4 teams trying to get matches in!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draebatad View Post
    If you want this tourney to look legit, it's a bit late for changes. I'd be very careful. Let it go for the sake of the credibility of this tourney.
    Let's go for the sake of fun for the tourney, woot!

My decision is final, thanks for the input everyone. I'd rather be criticized for "credibility" rather than disqualify 2 more teams and completely destroy the purpose of this tournament. People are just looking to have some fun matches and win a cool vanity prize, I'd hate to take that away from a vast majority of players.

Good luck guys

18. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

That proposal is beating around the bush to changing the original bracket, knowing some of these teams are inactive it will just end up being the teams in semi finals as if the bracket was changed.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Lol? I agree with letting the 4 teams just try and get a match between the 4, but whoever advances below restoration 1 should advance to that bracket in semi finals. And whoever advances under us. Plays us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Let's go for the sake of fun for the tourney, woot!

My decision is final, thanks for the input everyone. I'd rather be criticized for "credibility" rather than disqualify 2 more teams and completely destroy the purpose of this tournament. People are just looking to have some fun matches and win a cool vanity prize, I'd hate to take that away from a vast majority of players.

Good luck guys
    So forcing us to get our match in regardless of peoples availablity? Thats abuse of "authority"
    You literally forced your "offical proposal" on all the teams without agreement of ALL the teams remaining in the tourney.
    Last edited by Mine AGK; 07-23-2018 at 04:54 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

And basically against the own rules that he set prior to the tournament starting. “The team who shows less activity on the forums etc, in game etc, trying to set up a match is DQ’d”

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Iamxmayhem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Did all other active teams unanimously agree to this odd and sudden proposal turned demand? First it was a proposal, then when without the desired responses, it became a demand. If all active teams have not voted yes unanimously, this is very, very disturbing. Remember, this match is live and only five fights remain. Anyone can see where the benefit goes in the end, if this change happens - as many have pointed out. This seems like an abuse of power and calls into question the legitimacy of this entire tournament.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Draebatad For This Useful Post: