Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alternative weapon(s) for mages to use? And more.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Perceval View Post
    In the end, it all comes down to something I brought up a long time ago. If this was implemented, we wouldn't be having this issue of "one class never being used" or whatever.

What I proposed was the addition of class buffs to pve. It works like this:

Having a rogue in the map will grant everyone a 5% damage buff.

Having a warrior in the map will grant everyone a 5% armor buff.

Having a mage in the map will grant everyone a 30% reduction in skill cool downs.

Having all 3 classes present in the map will grant a 20% damage and 10% crit buff for everyone (on top of the other buffs).

PLEASE NOTE:

The buffs do not apply more than once, e.g. 2 mages will not grant a 60% reduction in skill cool downs etc.

Problem solved.
    This will affect a few only. But if you compare, having 3 rogs and a warr will benefit more than having a mage in the party with those buffs.

Gears and knowledge of the player affect the parties more, thats why I've suggested new batch of weapon that will compliment eachother.

Such that you would need each class in the party to have the chance to deal an OP proc, instead of independent procs that dont do anything. Like if all classes have the specific set/weapon, then the proc will be boosted to deal 100% effectiveness or something like that.

But yeah, implementing both of our ideas will increase parties consisting of 1 of each class. Considering this with the new lv71 Arcane weapons will be better than them having independent procs, that may have the chance of them being unbalanced again as always.

ty

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts

Class combos would be nice:

One skill from each class in a certain order creates a combo(or super combo).

That comes from my very old knowledge of PL, which may be outdated now

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostNoob View Post
    Class combos would be nice:

One skill from each class in a certain order creates a combo(or super combo).

That comes from my very old knowledge of PL, which may be outdated now
    True. I think its time to integrate skill/class/proc and even more pet combos to make things more balanced.

Its time for them to release gears that would need teamwork or 1 of each class for it to be the best combo of gears. Instead of it being so independent. Rpg games are types of games that needs more combos, teamwork and balance, to please us w/o any anger.

By simply making a weapon that was "accidentally" too op or broken is just boring. Especially that no compensations were made during sudden nerfs, 3rd time actually, youll just discourage players with the gold theyve lost that involved weeks of farming to obtain.

Ty

Last edited by Rauitri; 07-28-2018 at 06:42 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rauitri View Post
    This will affect a few only. But if you compare, having 3 rogs and a warr will benefit more than having a mage in the party with those buffs.

Gears and knowledge of the player affect the parties more, thats why I've suggested new batch of weapon that will compliment eachother.

Such that you would need each class in the party to have the chance to deal an OP proc, instead of independent procs that dont do anything. Like if all classes have the specific set/weapon, then the proc will be boosted to deal 100% effectiveness or something like that.

But yeah, implementing both of our ideas will increase parties consisting of 1 of each class. Considering this with the new lv71 Arcane weapons will be better than them having independent procs, that may have the chance of them being unbalanced again as always.

ty

IN WHAT WORLD does 3 rogues 1 warrior with (5% damage buff and 5% armor buff) beat 1warrior 1mage and 2 rogues with (25% damage buff, 10% crit buff, 5% armor buff and 30% skill cooldown reduction)?

Maybe if you actually read and think carefully instead of suggesting things that will cause more problems. Weapon procs? Like we haven't heard that before. What happens to those that can't afford these arcane weapons? Back to square 1.
    Last edited by Perceval; 07-28-2018 at 07:03 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

IN WHAT WORLD does 3 rogues 1 warrior with (5% damage buff and 5% armor buff) beat 1warrior 1mage and 2 rogues with (25% damage buff, 10% crit buff, 5% armor buff and 30% skill cooldown reduction)?

Maybe if you actually read and think carefully instead of suggesting things that will cause more problems. Weapon procs? Like we haven't heard that before. What happens to those that can't afford these arcane weapons? Back to square 1.
    Abit exagg with the opinion. I see the potential of your suggestion being ingame though.

But proc/skill combos would help too, as its one of the aspects of the game in completing a map. Finishing a map with just pure damage is just boring.

What helped Maus to be finished quicker? Procs. What helped us to cap faster? Procs and what help us to finish raid faster? Procs. Even rogs had decent procs, drag blades/immo bow.

But problem comes with a proc overpowering everything, giving an unbalanced as other classes will be undesireble.

That is why a group of weapons proc will have their individual unique procs, but when 1 of each class has them, it will scale higher thus being more effective, that way rogs wouldn't be left out not having enough good procs. (I used arcanes as a placeholder, can be filled with mythics and sets ofc),

Ty

Last edited by Rauitri; 07-28-2018 at 07:24 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Abit exagg with the opinion. I see the potential of your suggestion being ingame though.

But proc/skill combos would help too, as its one of the aspects of the game in completing a map. Finishing a map with just pure damage is just boring.

What helped Maus to be finished quicker? Procs. What helped us to cap faster? Procs and what help us to finish raid faster? Procs. Even rogs had decent procs, drag blades/immo bow.

But problem comes with a proc overpowering everything, giving an unbalanced as other classes will be undesireble.

That is why a group of weapons proc will have their individual unique procs, but when 1 of each class has them, it will scale higher thus being more effective, that way rogs wouldn't be left out not having enough good procs. (I used arcanes as a placeholder, can be filled with mythics and sets ofc),

Ty

You fail to understand that when procs overpower the need for skills. Players just resort to spamming auto attack, a prime example being mages pre-dragon-immortal-balanced-staff nerfs. Procs are meant to help you, not do the work for you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    One could nott survive in hydraid while spamming only one button. Yes one was supposed to spam auto attack but if in between the auto attacks you weren't charging skills it was a wasted number of clicks.

your logic is flawed, when you say "procs are meant to help you, nott do the work". Unless you've got a memo about procs from STS which states that, which you haven't.
    My "logic Is flawed". Which is why all these staffs were nerfed. Hmm

You don't need a memo to put 2 and 2 together.
    Last edited by Perceval; 07-28-2018 at 08:23 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    Why were the staff procs introduced in the first place?

Feel like I lose brain cells arguing with some of the people around here. Nott that I can spare any

Elaborating on how I'm losing them: Procs on Items are generally stronger than skills because that's how gear progression works. Just giving stats for blunt skill spamming is nott how the game keeps progressing, how else is gameplay supposed to evolve? Masteries and ultimates are a bigger dud than Tiger Woods comeback. You said spamming one button, isn't that rogue gameplay in a nutshell spamming 3 buttons? Plus most of the staff/gun procs need to be combined with pet AA's, skills and other weapons to make them peak efficiency.
    I'll be honest with the majority of this thread. It's all just: blah blah blah give me back my broken staff procs.

You needn't lose any brain cells if you think carefully.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

You fail to understand that when procs overpower the need for skills. Players just resort to spamming auto attack, a prime example being mages pre-dragon-immortal-balanced-staff nerfs. Procs are meant to help you, not do the work for you.
    You fail to understand that it hurts seeing the nerfs being made, especially w/o compensation, we resort to spamming as that is more convenient than using skills, you could say it shouldn't be like that, but yea sure, Devs cant just give a proc, after sometime they would say "its not intended". So who is to blame?

And not true, spamming? As if you dont spam yours aswell, I mean, if you think the game needs "skill" to play, then you fail to understand that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

You fail to understand that it hurts seeing the nerfs being made, especially w/o compensation, we resort to spamming as that is more convenient than using skills, you could say it shouldn't be like that, but yea sure, Devs cant just give a proc, after sometime they would say "its not intended". So who is to blame?

And not true, spamming? As if you dont spam yours aswell, I mean, if you think the game needs "skill" to play, then you fail to understand that.

Nerfs hurt. I won't lie. But it doesn't make them wrong. It is the decision of STS themselves to grant compensation where they see fit. But know this. To begin granting compensation for this current issue could cause further problems.

What about:
    My sns I bought pre nerf?
    My dread bow I bought pre nerf?
    My immortal bow I bought pre nerf?
    My shivs I bought pre nerf?
    My spirit daggers I bought pre nerf?
    Etcetera, etcetera

Getting the picture?
    Last edited by Perceval; 07-28-2018 at 09:17 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Nerfs hurt. I won't lie. But it doesn't make them wrong. It is the decision of STS themselves to grant compensation where they see fit. But know this. To begin granting compensation for this current issue could cause further problems.

What about:
    My sns I bought pre nerf?
    My dread bow I bought pre nerf?
    My immortal bow I bought pre nerf?
    My shivs I bought pre nerf?
    My spirit daggers I bought pre nerf?
    Etcetera, etcetera

Getting the picture?
    If you're talking about "decisions", then you fail to see that Devs taking years to take action into nerfing things. Shouldn't it be you finding them to take years to take action wrong? You can see they made the wrong "decision", and not granting compensation/spaces to fill holes/alternatives to provide or to propose for those who are nostalgic with it.

Just like saying banning cars due to pollution. Cars flooding as theres no place for them to go, resale value drasticly dropped? No alternatives were given to replace? As if nothing had happened? Do you get it?.

With those years with those weapons, players will feel like its part of the game, and suddenly nerfing as if nothing has happened?.

If you'll be talking about problems, then think of the hundreds of mages now managing how to get rid of their Weapons, millions were lost per mage. Isn't that a problem?

At the end, even how long of a paragraph you express it, it isn't our fault to take the blame.

Last edited by Rauitri; 07-28-2018 at 09:54 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rauitri For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Mages should deal with mobs, rogues should deal with boss. Problem solved.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

But there is no map without boss, and new map only have one boss

ign Battling /irg /answer
    Custom banner 4m pm me ⌥[▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▍ ]⚠

Answer

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Irg For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Irg View Post
    But there is no map without boss, and new map only have one boss
    How dare we farm effectively?!?!?! Mages should stick to maps with mobs that yield little to no rewards. Remember planar arena?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Drone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

These raids are arena all over again but instead of tanks being left out of parties its gonna be mages this time.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Thewolfbull For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Zz all you did is that now we run raid as 4 ds mages now all are left out mage can dodge skull with shield or glow and none of orricks spells is a problem with a full int build applause to those who complained about bs :3

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    191 Posts

I did not want reply to this ridiculous topic, but some crazy PM from mages in game changed my mind. My ign is Marosok and some/many (I do not care how many) mages have story in their minds, that I wanted Devs to directly nerf BS. Well, my goal was not BS nerf, my goal was buff request for other rogue/mage class weapons dmg/proc to not be dependable on single mage with BS in raid. I agree, it somehow look like I wanted address BS, but it depends on how you look at it, in my chat with developer it is clear what I wanted. Who has SS about my chat with one cool developer, post them here? I have nothing to hide! I tried to find them in chatbox, but they are not available. Devs, when it is possible post SS of my chat with developer here, so maybe those crazy PM from mages stop? Oh, i doubt they will, some kids never change.

BS was FIXED, not nerfed! So what, that I mentioned BS during our conversation? Sooner or later developers would find out and FIX BS so you will lose your gold anyway. Would you PM developers insults? "Nerf TB" was really wise tactic lmao. This was my last reply to this topic. All i can say is "Grow up.....

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Marosok For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Marosok View Post
    I did not want reply to this ridiculous topic, but some crazy PM from mages in game changed my mind. My ign is Marosok and some/many (I do not care how many) mages have story in their minds, that I wanted Devs to directly nerf BS. Well, my goal was not BS nerf, my goal was buff request for other rogue/mage class weapons dmg/proc to not be dependable on single mage with BS in raid. I agree, it somehow look like I wanted address BS, but it depends on how you look at it, in my chat with developer it is clear what I wanted. Who has SS about my chat with one cool developer, post them here? I have nothing to hide! I tried to find them in chatbox, but they are not available. Devs, when it is possible post SS of my chat with developer here, so maybe those crazy PM from mages stop? Oh, i doubt they will, some kids never change.

BS was FIXED, not nerfed! So what, that I mentioned BS during our conversation? Sooner or later developers would find out and FIX BS so you will lose your gold anyway. Would you PM developers insults? "Nerf TB" was really wise tactic lmao. This was my last reply to this topic. All i can say is "Grow up.....
    Here is a screen shot of ur chat marosok

Sent from my a5dwg using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Why are ppl fighting & dissin? We're on the same side, this is about pve where mages SHOULD rule, not pvp where one side wins. Safeties on lol

I love the feedback about Percevals ideas and Postnoobs combo reminder ( wanted that forever in al!!!)

"Meh old weapons"-
    Most mages still having to use old weapons on boss despite nerfing old staffs. Eh

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    Why are ppl fighting & dissin? We're on the same side, this is about pve where mages SHOULD rule, not pvp where one side wins. Safeties on lol

I love the feedback about Percevals ideas and Postnoobs combo reminder ( wanted that forever in al!!!)

"Meh old weapons"-
    Most mages still having to use old weapons on boss despite nerfing old staffs. Eh
    If there was a new and better weapon mages would have used them hope sts releases new arcane weapon's sooner before mages quit AL that includes me too

Sent from my a5dwg using Tapatalk
    Last edited by deathhbringer; 07-28-2018 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Misspelled