Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you give gifts effectively???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrilana View Post
    Give me a cookie and I'll say thanks!
    How bout some charm?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The most effective way i have found is to play on my low level str mage and run maps with other low levs. whenever i get a drop (i don't really care how good or bad it is, as long as it's good for their stats) i ask them what helm, wep/wep&shield, or armor they have equipped. If my drop is better, for example, once when i looted a 25 snipers avian helmet and they had a white level 19 helm when they were 27, i give it to them and continue running, rinsing, and repeating.

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    the lottery system looks like a gamble... punny funny!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ladylove View Post
    How bout some charm?
    Sure

/10char
    Stuck in the game? Don't know what to do? Try this new awesome section on the forums which contains guides created by players to address various game issues. Click HERE to go to it! You can also use the nifty SEARCH feature on these forums to find your answer as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Sure

/10char
    +20 charm!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I've had people come back to town to thank me, so I think there are definitely appreciative people. Like Pandemoni, et. al., since most of the time I'm trying to hide, being thanked isn't necessary and not something I'm expecting. I might have had ONE person try to ask me for something, but I've been doing this since last year and never had any problems.

I also do something simiilar to Potawto, which is run my low levels (sometimes I'm farming, sometimes I'm leveling, sometimes I'm just bored :P ) through low level dungeons and I'll give dropped items to group members that can use those items (dex to dex, str to str, etc) and give junk for them to liquidate. Most of the time, they start giving me stuff my low level can use, which is pretty funny and super sweet.

There are definitely lots of nice players out there and I admit to getting much enjoyment out of surprising them.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

+20 charm!
    Stuck in the game? Don't know what to do? Try this new awesome section on the forums which contains guides created by players to address various game issues. Click HERE to go to it! You can also use the nifty SEARCH feature on these forums to find your answer as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

My pleasure (curse you Chick-fil-A phrases)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

My pleasure (curse you Chick-fil-A phrases)
    I love that phrase. I get a chick-fil-a spicy chicken burrito every morning on my way to work. It makes me hungry just seeing it written!

Tiliana - 54 Pure Int Mage & Atilian - 21 Pure Dex Archer
    Spamming the heals and living the dream once again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tiliana View Post
    I love that phrase. I get a chick-fil-a spicy chicken burrito every morning on my way to work. It makes me hungry just seeing it written!
    I hate it. I accidentally say it outside of work. I did have two 4-count minis this morning though the rolls were fresh too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I hate it. I accidentally say it outside of work. I did have two 4-count minis this morning though the rolls were fresh too.
    There are worse things you could say out of habit....I have a running joke at work where I talk about everyone's mom...I do it so much, it slips out at very, very inopportune times.

Tiliana - 54 Pure Int Mage & Atilian - 21 Pure Dex Archer
    Spamming the heals and living the dream once again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    I wish to find a more effective way to help new players get better gear.

First I tried just giving away pinks. I would go to FH or BC and say "free pinks", but the people who took them weren't the right levels, and might have just liquidated for gp.

Second, I farmed up FH for level 10 items and gave away greens, but believe it or not, "free green items level 10" does not get many takers.

Third (yesterday), I tried listing items for well below the other sellers in CS, but all that happened was that one wealthy player bought them all within about an hour and relisted them!

So my next attempt will be to list low level items for low cost in CS, but avoid undercutting any others. I am thinking like minimum pricing. And I hope nobody buys them all like yesterday.

Wouldn't it be cool if we had a place like a Goodwill version of CS where you can put things you would like to give away? Even so, there would still be the re-listers who would take them and sell them in CS...

Does anyone have an EFFECTIVE way to give things to new folks? I mean as opposed to just giving them liquidation items?
    in general when i give usable gear i take the time to watch and read. In forest haven you will see a lvl 9 player you know they need ten gear, i just simpley shower them with the gear they need, with a simple hope that helps, and then a question can you give me your word if you dont use or need these items you will GIVE them to another? I forever get a yes,

You can tell new people to game if you see amlowmlvl with excellent stats and geared they are prob a high lvl playernwith a twink.

I have met many nice people doing this, from lvl 2-56! Yes some will sell off ohnwell. But most out thengear right on ...if the item has value.. Let them know not to sell off the item but save it because it is worth "xyz"

Many many times i have gotten random pinks from players the ones i have helped along the way, i forever tell them they owe me nothing but... They feel somone will get the item who needs it.

The PAY IT FORWARD system works
    IF YOU BELIEVE YOU WILL ACHIEVE.....
    Just lady..tigerizstar..mivida..ladyhadazza..ladyhadasa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

SELLING
    A
    R
    M
    O