Thread: Vanity Faces!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Default Vanity Faces!

Let's not lose out on faces that we bought. Let's enjoy changing faces as much as we enjoy changing other vanities on the fly. My Golden gaze face pairs well with the winged glory set and others. But, sometimes you want to change that gorgeous face to something else and pair it with other vanities that will be an awesome match. Let's see a vanity slot added for faces and the option to convert purchased faces into, at the very least, character bound vanity faces

I think this would be a *very cool* feature, and if you like the idea, please thank or reply to show your support.

Thank you!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Draebatad For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draebatad View Post
    Let's not lose out on faces that we bought. Let's enjoy changing faces as much as we enjoy changing other vanities on the fly. My Golden gaze face pairs well with the winged glory set and others. But, sometimes you want to change that gorgeous face to something else and pair it with other vanities that will be an awesome match. Let's see a vanity slot added for faces and the option to convert purchased faces into, at the very least, character bound vanity faces

I think this would be a *very cool* feature, and if you like the idea, please thank or reply to show your support.

Thank you!
    This is a great Idea! Many would purchase currently available faces and newly added faces and keep in collection to mix and match as desired! A whole new slot of opportunity and purchasable collection (:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Yes i was wishing the same thing i just forgot about it lol glad someone else fells the same

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Yeah. I originally thought you were able to go back to the previously bought face from the mirror but I guess not. I would love to see this implemented!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Let's not forget that faces are not a vanity. They are a special customization feature probably made different than a vanity for lots of reasons. Would you like to think of a face like a mask that you can choose to wear one day and another like a vanity? Faces would no longer be special at all and become a regular vanity you put on and off like your everyday winged glory set (that many are getting tired of). This would dilute the entire purpose of the magic mirror. Think of the magic mirror as like a permanent and very special face paint!

Maybe suggesting a 'return feature' in which you can get the previous face you had for free, and etc. similar to your ideas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bats View Post
    Let's not forget that faces are not a vanity. They are a special customization feature probably made different than a vanity for lots of reasons. Would you like to think of a face like a mask that you can choose to wear one day and another like a vanity? Faces would no longer be special at all and become a regular vanity you put on and off like your everyday winged glory set (that many are getting tired of). This would dilute the entire purpose of the magic mirror. Think of the magic mirror as like a permanent and very special face paint!

Maybe suggesting a 'return feature' in which you can get the previous face you had for free, and etc. similar to your ideas.
    Whats the difference between the already switching between them and having them as vanities. Just call it face paint instead of face if it feels so weird for you. It would be cool to be able to switch between different gazes that were available in prize vendor so you wouldnt feel bad about missing one, or you could purchase a good amount from mirror and store them to switch when you feel like it. Overall it would increase plat spending because people wont be losing the faces if they swap and tend to buy more to hold and it will provide a variety for players to choose from whenever. Its a win-win situation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by x-fun View Post
    Whats the difference between the already switching between them and having them as vanities. Just call it face paint instead of face if it feels so weird for you. It would be cool to be able to switch between different gazes that were available in prize vendor so you wouldnt feel bad about missing one, or you could purchase a good amount from mirror and store them to switch when you feel like it. Overall it would increase plat spending because people wont be losing the faces if they swap and tend to buy more to hold and it will provide a variety for players to choose from whenever. Its a win-win situation.
    Yes, I understand the fact that people think this feature would be "cool." And I am already aware of all the details of the suggestion. I was providing my own suggestions that it's not much of a vanity and probably think the game's developers would think similarly. I would suggest that since people like switching back and forth between faces, they could maybe get a 'return' feature on the magic mirror instead of degrading the difference & value that exists between a regular vanity you would equip and a face that you would purchase almost permanently until you change it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I am for the vanity faces.
    You could still buy the faces at the mirror, the vanity faces would just be like a "mask" being pulled over .

Gesendet von meinem VTR-L09 mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Please keep this suggestion in mind for the future, Cinco

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I agree, this would be a good implementation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

A feature 7 years overdue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Wonderful idea Bro!!! Really would love to see something like this implemented.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Just following up on this suggestion which we were discussing today on the Party Zone discord server. A member there had popped in to suggest vanity faces (as well as new inspect page backgrounds [which I also suggested 6 months ago], and I pointed him to the topics here in this forum. As always, there's many more people that want these ideas to happen than actually speak out here on these forums. Thank you to those of you who took the time to weigh in on the topic of vanity faces

There should be a mechanism to make faces permanent and not just exist as a consumable purchase. Hence this suggestion of being able to convert faces into either character bound, stashable or possibly even trade-friendly vanties for a tier of fees. I feel like more people would buy more faces if they could switch between them without having to buy them again - I know I would.

If some or all faces were trade-friendly, it becomes a whole new category of something new to collect and to merch, and if not, being a character or account bound vanity still gives that freedom to change the face style as often as desired. Like all the other trade-friendly vanities, there would be many players who would seek to collect as many different vanity faces as possible based on their personal fashion style, and others who would buy them with premium currency just to sell for gold profits (like some did with Stat guns); which to me, equates to more revenue in the end. Even if you just count the 6 gaze faces (and I would buy them all) plus a couple of older faces that give the preferred look/stats, that is still 50 plat a pop for the event gaze faces and 5-10 plat each for the magic mirror faces - plus whatever the fee would be to convert them into any of the proposed type of vanities (character bound, stashable or trade-friendly). Multiply this across many players and over a long period of time, it should add up to a respectable sum.

This exciting new class of proposed vanities seems like another driver for revenue to me and a lot of fun for the community. A win for everyone.

Links: Pocket Legends Reborn! /// PL Party Zone Discord Server

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Draebatad For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

^

I've been getting lots of requests about this very popular idea, but all I can do is suggest it.

We'd all really like to see vanity faces take off. There's 3 ways you could do it: Character-bound, stashable, or trade-friendly. I expect you could offer all three methods for different fees. Imagine being able to keep all those plat faces you bought and switch them around based upon the look/stats you want?

Please do read this thread and consider it.

Last edited by Draebatad; 04-04-2019 at 01:24 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

I like the idea, too. Although, I think they should just be able to be stored in the inventory rather than being stackable or trade-friendly. Otherwise, STS cannot make money off your other toons that do not have the face you want. I think that would be nice, but I don't think all three options are going to be viable. I wish I could have all my vanity faces that I ever got, because certain ones are better in PvP and some are better for certain looks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Thanks.

Having trade-friendly faces would open up a new trader's market. Much like how pure stat guns were bought in bulk with plat by some players and resold for gold, the same potential would be there for faces.

It actually might result in more face purchases, not less.

Faces are not where STS makes much of their money; Cinco has already said this when he declined a request for a boatload of new faces (but hey, we got "Drae's gaze" faces [The Dragoness Gaze, The Green Harvest, The Golden Gaze, The Crimson Gaze], ty for that Cinco! And I bet you're making more money on these faces than you first anticipated ).

They obviously make the bulk of their revenue from events and tickets to Maxx Cave/Hyper Myxx.

Regardless of how this is implemented (Character-bound, stashable, or trade-friendly), vanity faces just make sense and quite simply will be a very fun addition to PL.

Last edited by Draebatad; 04-04-2019 at 12:24 PM.