Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: HardLight Vanity Shield for Blackstar Name Reservations

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

So one per character that reserves? Or only first reserved character gets it?

Any news of a way to differentiate reserves in BS from non reserves? Maybe like, if you use the name you reserved you get a vanity item on the character with that name in BS. Would be an actual incentive to use the name, because right now it looks entirely PL-sided and nothing in BS. Would be nice to get something in BS too, but that's just my idea.

If I get my first name choice on day 1 then this reserve would be wasted. I'm honestly not sure if I'd use my reserve in that case. Getting something in BS for using the name encourages well, actually using the name.

Also please make it stash-able and therefore movable account wide. At least after BS launches. Pretty please?
    Last edited by bronislav84; 05-21-2011 at 12:07 AM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I reAlly dont like asking favor because were professionals here. But is it possible that the vanity shield be stashable? I think many will buy this if it is.

Life is a game, boy. Life is a game that one plays according to the rules. J. D. Salinger The Catcher in the Rye
    Primary IGN: Elfwarden

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by playbackfunction View Post
    did i just answer my question ( 100 plats?? ( awwwchhhh
    That would be 105 plat (5 plat for the new slot). Hefty, eh? Would much nicer if shield was stashable, and reservations a little maybe cheaper.

I've got at least three I want to reserve but they won't be happening anytime soon.
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

sooooo once black star is released the name reserving thing will be removed and you wont get the shield anymore making really rare thats cool

but making it stashable would have advantages and disidvatages for exapmple someone that wants there charecter name to be reserved can trick people so they think there name has been reserved any way good job as usual

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

it looks sweet but i don't think its worth it it cost a bit to much:P

Aldoric - I like bananas -

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I think this is a great idea but it needs stashablity and needs cost lowered to 10p, I mean seriously devs... 50p to type a name and place it on another game that is gonna make you doubly as rich....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was gonna reserve my name just for the shield. Until I found out it's not stashable. I still want it. It's just the name I want to reserve is not my main. So I would end up with a shield for my lvl ten elf while I'm still putting alot of time into Lvling my 51 bird. Sts will still get my 50 plat. I just am not sure if I want an unstashable shield(with no stats)or elixirs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Wow! It is my pleasure to support this game. I like it so much, and the three bucks it took to reserve my name was no skin off my nose. How nice to have a shield from B* already, and the game isn't even out yet. Wow! What a nice surprise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Aw screw it. I'm with Snakespeare. I gonna get the shield. Although snake idk how much plat u buy at a time. But 50 plat is a at least a 9.99 purchase if you have no plat to start off with. Seeing as 4.99 is only 30 plat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In my book, Spacetime Studios is just another developer trying to suck money out of players wallets. 50 Platinum for a simple name reservation is too costly. Most usernames I've seen aren't worthy of reserving because of the dullness of them.
    Last edited by Wicked Caccavari; 05-21-2011 at 09:57 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    you have to admit, there are only 4 vanity shields in all of PL, and none of them are easy to come by.
    actually, the shield of gratitude is very easy to get.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by azulflame View Post
    actually, the shield of gratitude is very easy to get.
    Vanity items are just for looks. They don't benefit your character in anyway. No point in having one besides players saying, "Hey, look at my cool shield, bet you wish you had one!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

I was never good with math. 800 / 50 = 16, so I think that means I get 16 plat for $1 USD, 48 plat for $3 USD. But you're right that for people who bought 75 plat for $10 USD, the name reservation would cost $6.66. People asked what I would ever use all that plat for, but I don't count the cost. These guys made something that I take pleasure in. That other game wants $7 up front and then subscriptions and other hidden costs. These guys give me everything NEEDED for free, but anything that's a LUXURY costs plat. What a cool idea! Besides, that $50 I spent is still paying off. I've used 2/3rds of it (included two name changes). After I had it I was able to twink out my alts and really make them look, and perform, with exceptional style!

Anyways, thanks again, devs. This shield is just epic! And I didn't even expect it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Snake, I've an idea for you. Start an STS fan club and send all the proceeds to STS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Snake, I've an idea for you. Start an STS fan club and send all the proceeds to STS
    Or he can just give each of his checks to Spacetime Studios every month.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I really dont think i'll be spending 50 platinum for this. As long as I get this when it comes out my name will NOT be taken. Also, I dont even have 50 platinum. LOWER THE PRICE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Caccavari View Post
    Or he can just give each of his checks to Spacetime Studios every month.
    Close guess, actually.

My boss walked into my office one day and handed me $200 on a pre-paid Visa, for doing good work. I turned around and gave 25% to the devs here, for the same reason.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mage108 View Post
    I really dont think i'll be spending 50 platinum for this. As long as I get this when it comes out my name will NOT be taken. Also, I dont even have 50 platinum. LOWER THE PRICE!
    Not a problem, at all. If you are paying attention on Day 1 you will get your name for free. I mean, who is really going to steal "mage108"? And would you even use it? So in your case, especially as you prefer the free game, just pay attention to the release. You will probably get a better name anyway.
    Last edited by Snakespeare; 05-21-2011 at 12:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

On topic: Thanks for the sweet shield!!!

Off topic: I can tell by the video that was posted re guarding the shield that the PC client is fully functional. I see a mouse cursor. XD
    (Yes I killed a dev)
    Don't screw with the pew! (not literally) lol
    Active Toons: MoarPewPew,Enrages,PewPewJr
    I award Pew Points.(Keep Track!)

20.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #40
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MoarPewPew View Post

Off topic: I can tell by the video that was posted re guarding the shield that the PC client is fully functional. I see a mouse cursor. XD
    *shifty eyes*
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com