Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Income And Stash

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Default Income And Stash

INCOME AND STASH (BANK)

Hello! I've been thinking for a couple days on this suggestion. The thought is being able to purchase something that would give the player an income. This “income” can come from purchasing a small market somewhere in the world of Alterra. We can not see these purchased stores but they are being used by regular citizens from Alterra.

FEATURES OF INCOME AND STASH

- Completing Quests to access more variety to purchasing INCOME.
    - INCOME flow comes once every Day
    - MAX. CAP. Of income is decided by how much INCOME you purchase
    - Accessing a bank where your “income” is stashed
    - INCOME FLOW restarts every time your stash is maxed out and you receive the income

BENEFITS

Now this would benefit players because…

- More players will have more money to purchase there what they want
    o I personally have seen many players complain about how to earn money an easy way. This I believe would grant them an “EASIER WAY” (not a way so they never have to go farming ever again. An easier way)

- Adds another feature to P.L. for it to be more appealing
    o Now I am not saying P.L. is not a great game, but it needs more ideas and features for it to keep on going strong so I do strongly believe this would help P.L. seem more enjoyable.

There could be more ideas added to this but I just other players feedback on this idea 
    Currahee

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

I've suggested this many times before.

Instead of buying income though, (too easy gold, no) you get the income via doing jobs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

jobs is good. income good. But noobs are nooby!
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Why would we want to influx more gold into the game? CS prices are already crazy. We need something to get rid of the gold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

We need a gold sinkhole. Theres too much gOld and inflation is happening. We dont want PL to end up like RS. I think guilds should be a sinkhole (like 1-2 mil for the best guildhouse and ability to spend millions more on pimpig your guilds)
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i strongly agree having alternate income. the inflation people are talking about is only happening to those super rich people. the average PL-er probably has like 5k or like me, 1.5k lol
    55 dex Bird DEXMANN
    30 engineer DEXMANN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Conradin View Post
    We need a gold sinkhole. Theres too much gOld and inflation is happening. We dont want PL to end up like RS. I think guilds should be a sinkhole (like 1-2 mil for the best guildhouse and ability to spend millions more on pimpig your guilds)
    Houses. BLAM!
    Cos' why spend on guildhouses when AeO is already winning the show?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dexmann:337247
    i strongly agree having alternate income. the inflation people are talking about is only happening to those super rich people. the average PL-er probably has like 5k or like me, 1.5k lol
    1.5k? You can make that in a very short period of time farming gold in just about any dungeon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dexmann View Post
    Inflation is how the armor at 55 costs 1-3 mil for a set. If the average PL player has "5k" then inflation is terrible. Inflation doesnt hurt the rich as much as the poor. If we lower inflation more people can afford more things.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

One of the best gold sinks I've seen in many mmo's, is an option to make a bet or gamble a small fortune in some kind of mini game. Heck even a lottery would work.
    Grimtigrex - "I like people who take time out of there life to help other people. Thank you!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Orcish View Post
    One of the best gold sinks I've seen in many mmo's, is an option to make a bet or gamble a small fortune in some kind of mini game. Heck even a lottery would work.
    The devs won't allow that because it's a "Kiddy" game and some kids supposedly get influenced by this stuff from games.
    Pokemon has em.
    Gotta Influence Em all?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    The devs won't allow that because it's a "Kiddy" game and some kids supposedly get influenced by this stuff from games.Pokemon has em. Gotta Influence Em all?
    Can you link anything that reads that the developers would never create a gamble/bet mini game? I don't see why they wouldn't and I have yet to read anything that says otherwise. Like I said earlier, I have seen this in many games (which include children) example? diablo (horadric's cube anyone?) or Neopets (totally a kids game)... wouldn't have to be gold, there are many ways this can be done.
    Grimtigrex - "I like people who take time out of there life to help other people. Thank you!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Ain't it gambling when you buy a pack of pokemon cards? Or when you use plat to buy the random item packs? It's already here in PL, I'm only saying expand on it. My apologies for the double post, this was some of my after thoughts that I meant to include earlier
    Last edited by Orcish; 06-29-2011 at 07:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Can you link anything that reads that the developers would never create a gamble/bet mini game? I don't see why they wouldn't and I have yet to read anything that says otherwise. Like I said earlier, I have seen this in many games (which include children) example? diablo (horadric's cube anyone?) or Neopets (totally a kids game)... wouldn't have to be gold, there are many ways this can be done.
    Actually, I can find something.

I suggested a Lotto for this, bunch of people said no, devs. Mainly Physiologic.
    Also, that's why they removed the /roll random number option because they used it for "gambling"

EDIT: here one of em is: Post three. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...light=gambling

I was pro for a lotto or something of the sort, but I think it's a no.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Conradin View Post
    Inflation is how the armor at 55 costs 1-3 mil for a set. If the average PL player has "5k" then inflation is terrible. Inflation doesnt hurt the rich as much as the poor. If we lower inflation more people can afford more things.
    Guys sorry but your wrong... the inflation of higher lvl items isn't because the rich are controlling prices or oppressing the poor...lol... Inflation happens for many reasons the most common of which is called "SUPPLY AND DEMAND" economics 101! Think about it..... ever notice that lower lvl items cost A LOT less? Why is that? That's because every lvl 50-55 player in PL has had to play through those lvls and had more time to farm those lvls which results in more lower lvl items right? Now as you get to the higher lvl items they start to get more expensive, due mainly to the fact there has been less farming hence less drops.... The result is higher prices because these items aren't flooding the market (look at shadow sets for the pefect example) when more of these sets are put into circulation the price drops just like what is happening to MM, RR, and FF sets right now along with the scare that overall market value will decrease once new higher lvl sets come out! And then the cycle repeats, just like rift, void, and cosmos will never be worth what they started at niether will fury, mega, and raid! So you see though its a great idea and sounds fun, adding sink holes for people to blow money on it won't have the desired effect that you want it too When it boils down to it haters are going to hate and players are going to play..lol... its not our fault we happen to be good players who know how to work the system and make a lil extra money to better enhance our game play and if your not bieng hated on, well your just not doing it right!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TANKKAAR View Post
    Guys sorry but your wrong... the inflation of higher lvl items isn't because the rich are controlling prices or oppressing the poor...lol... Inflation happens for many reasons the most common of which is called "SUPPLY AND DEMAND" economics 101! Think about it..... ever notice that lower lvl items cost A LOT less? Why is that? That's because every lvl 50-55 player in PL has had to play through those lvls and had more time to farm those lvls which results in more lower lvl items right? Now as you get to the higher lvl items they start to get more expensive, due mainly to the fact there has been less farming hence less drops.... The result is higher prices because these items aren't flooding the market (look at shadow sets for the pefect example) when more of these sets are put into circulation the price drops just like what is happening to MM, RR, and FF sets right now along with the scare that overall market value will decrease once new higher lvl sets come out! And then the cycle repeats, just like rift, void, and cosmos will never be worth what they started at niether will fury, mega, and raid! So you see though its a great idea and sounds fun, adding sink holes for people to blow money on it won't have the desired effect that you want it too When it boils down to it haters are going to hate and players are going to play..lol... its not our fault we happen to be good players who know how to work the system and make a lil extra money to better enhance our game play and if your not bieng hated on, well your just not doing it right!

I'm taking economics in college! He pretty much nailed it.

Except it's not that more people are SUPPLYING the low level items, it's more like the DEMAND of those items are lower. For example, there are many people SUPPLYING the L. 15 Expert Leathers, but there is so much more demand for them, that they increase in price ALOT.

Actually it is inflation, too. Expert Leathers used to be 300-400k for a bit during the peace time, no announcements from devs, nothing. Then, BOOM, in a week they went up to 700,000, because people basically stopped farming them for a while to hit Vyx and others. That established a little price range for the others who had the Leathers, and sold them for a major profit. The people who bought them, tried to sell for a higher price, or a little lower. So they are still about 700,000.

OK, enough with the class. Dismissed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Actually, I can find something.I suggested a Lotto for this, bunch of people said no, devs. Mainly Physiologic.Also, that's why they removed the /roll random number option because they used it for "gambling"EDIT: here one of em is: Post three. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...light=gamblingI was pro for a lotto or something of the sort, but I think it's a no.
    I really appreciate you linking the post, but it doesn't exactly clarify what is and isn't allowed. Any devs willing to shed some light on this subject? BTW I like the idea having something like stocks to help assist player's income, although I'm not so sure how that would work in PL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

I really appreciate you linking the post, but it doesn't exactly clarify what is and isn't allowed. Any devs willing to shed some light on this subject? BTW I like the idea having something like stocks to help assist player's income, although I'm not so sure how that would work in PL.
    Stocks. Lol, nty! That's wayy to far.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Stocks. Lol, nty! That's wayy to far.
    That's what Mennddoza is pretty much suggesting here. I've seen it done before, but I don't know how this would be put into PL fashion, its not exactly an easy fit. *shrugs* I don't believe anything will come from this but who knows, stranger things have happened before.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Stocks would be pretty awesome. I love predicting the market and if I say so myself, quite good at it. So, I'm all for it. Also, Tank pretty much nailed the Economics lecture, so I don't think I need to elaborate on that.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List