Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Price manipulation and how to deal with it using APTV mechanism

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Default Price manipulation and how to deal with it using APTV mechanism

Hi guys,

I believe we are all familliar with the thread on trader market and following by tons of comment about inflation+manipulation price.
    I don't believe it at first when my guildmates told me my aura is now 200m+ and i just shock cuz i bought it 47m in like 6 months ago. So i do a little test, i put my aura selling post on market and surprisingly, no one give a dam to offer like other posts (ofc my aura post was posted in the middle of hype for aura, u guys can check the date and posts around mine).
    So it leaves me a question, is this the hype true? How can we solve it?

I happen to play with my kid on Roblox and i found a great pricing mechanism, somewhat reflect true demand hike or low demand price. Link here: (i pick a random item in this game)
    https://vesteria.fandom.com/wiki/Reset_Scroll?so=search

It is a mechanism from a game called Vesteria, u will see in the link, there is a item called 'Reser Scroll' and it got infos and also a line called Approx. Player Trade Value (APTV in short), and this changes everytime a trade was made between players thru gold or silver coins (basic money in this game). The APTV changes with demand and supply, during the season with a new skill release or new class or new event, this scroll increase and decrease in value, also in game, players can trade for more or less than APTV, the APTV is just there to represent the average value traded in like xx trades before.

I believe we got all data about the trade in AL, and ofc we only care about how much pure gold an item is, why not making this Approx. Player Trade Value for all items.

If u think u can manipulate the price even with this APTV mechanism, just make it a ceiling of 5-10% up or down than yesterday APTV is recorded to the APTV calculation data, manipulators will take days.
    If u think u can manipulate the APTV furthermore by trading with friends multiple time, oh yes, Devs know all trade data, and put a limit of 1 account only record 1-2 price a day per item.

The bar for the number of trade and the the limit of fluctuation in price of items, along with a mark to people can decide will help the current situation.

I'm tired of clicking to a post to find price and end up seeing people fighting, we need a mark or a common value to look to.

Hope my idea helps and hey guys, comment below your thoughts for more suggestion. The more the merrier.

P/S: i'm not here to made ads for Vesteria, it below our favorite Arcane Legends by any aspect, but APTV is a good mark.

Love all Arlorians,

Pyroflame
    IGN: Pyroflame/Forerunnerr

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pyroflame For This Useful Post:

3.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,527 Posts

The problem here is we don't know what perceived value is. An item in a trade could be traded with other items, so we can't use trading metrics. Unfortunately, what we really have is a consignment shop, not a real "auction house" w/ bidding.

We do have all data necessary to eventually allow players to look at item sales statistics for items in the auction house, i.e. last 10 sales - price only, high/low/average price and number of sales in the last 24 hours, etc.

I do have plans to design some way to show this data to players that want it. It can also be a possible gold sink to be able to look at this data per item at any time.

-ALS

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to asommers For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    The problem here is we don't know what perceived value is. An item in a trade could be traded with other items, so we can't use trading metrics. Unfortunately, what we really have is a consignment shop, not a real "auction house" w/ bidding.

We do have all data necessary to eventually allow players to look at item sales statistics for items in the auction house, i.e. last 10 sales - price only, high/low/average price and number of sales in the last 24 hours, etc.

I do have plans to design some way to show this data to players that want it. It can also be a possible gold sink to be able to look at this data per item at any time.

-ALS
    Yes please, would not only be a good addition by itself the gold sink is also much needed!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post

-ALS
    Wow, to be able to see the latest 10 trades of an item or some way to know the base price is revolutionary. I’m thinking of a landing page in AL trader market that show trade data anyway, i can’t wait to see your design. Transparency is always great!