Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Unfair!!!---You knew it was coming!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Corpser View Post
    vanitys sgould not have stats there supposed to make your charecter look good not give him elite bonus that others cant. vanitys make you look unique thats why people get em to give set bonus is just a little bit silly.
    If you have to work your butt off, then you should get something a little more than just a fancy crown. Tack some stats on that biznitch.
    Neffyy

Existence owner and founder.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aikiebo:427881
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraze:427823
    As the post the devs put out said the elite levels would continue to get items that would make bonuses unless they add a lot more vanity slots there will be a second chance at a helm someday. The COP in it's original form wasn't that bad actually I used the Int version on my dex bir because it had higher armor than any level 60 Dex helm with dmg and hs boost
    Kraze, is everyone allowed to read that post you mention. Where is it? Thanks
    Where is this post that Kraze is talking about?
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aikiebo View Post
    I've seen that post too. Your best bet in finding it back is backtracking the messages posted by the devs, or using the search function

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pastrychef:427922
    I like that nothing was announced prior to the release of the vanity set bonus and when 56 was still the cap. It show and rewards those who sincerely reached 56 for the sake of reaching 56 and didn't need any special incentive. I appreciate this.

Re-issuing the CoP would take away from this and I don't think it should be done.
    At this time I am 88k into 60. Exactly how does that make me more precious, special or worthy than the guy who is only level 59?

Or, after I get the 12k, how I am any different than I am right now?

Btw, that 88k like every other 88k that anyone has ever get was not work. It was fun. No one has to "work their butt off" to get 88k or any any amount of k.

If a guy on elixrs can get it in a day, that means anyone could get it in four days.

The devs said, we gonna offer a cop, then they described cop, then they said what a player has to do to get cop, then they said if you want it, you know what to do, come and get it.

The only prob is that after it was too late, they changed what the cop is. That is the prob.

I agree with u, tho when u say cop shouldn't be re-issued. That would be ridic.

This is becoming less and less about bragging rights and being able to run around town with some crown that only few can get and more and more about selfishness and just denying other players.

If you are right, people should have had the "dedication" or "foresight" to get to 56 when the cop was original, I mean if that crown was awesome enough, would you guys be happy if the devs just put it back to the way it was? Hmmm·······this way everyone would be happy. You guys would have the momento. And we would be happy cuz we are not missing out on a chance of having that bonus. One player said he even wore it while xping.

I don't think that should happen. At this point, that would be awful.

This idea that there is something more special about 56 than 55 or 61 than 60 is ridic. The idea that in12k I am going to be more worthy than I am now is ridic.

The idea that the 83k that someone got that brought them to 56 is so much more hardcore than the tons more than 83k that people did on other characters is also ridic. What I am trying to say the goal to get to 56 is not a "better" goal than the goals we had when we choose not to get to 56.

Can someone please tell me where the post is that Kraze mentioned above?
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

At this time I am 88k into 60. Exactly how does that make me more precious, special or worthy than the guy who is only level 59?

Or, after I get the 12k, how I am any different than I am right now?

Btw, that 88k like every other 88k that anyone has ever get was not work. It was fun. No one has to "work their butt off" to get 88k or any any amount of k.

If a guy on elixrs can get it in a day, that means anyone could get it in four days.

The devs said, we gonna offer a cop, then they described cop, then they said what a player has to do to get cop, then they said if you want it, you know what to do, come and get it.

The only prob is that after it was too late, they changed what the cop is. That is the prob.

I agree with u, tho when u say cop shouldn't be re-issued. That would be ridic.

This is becoming less and less about bragging rights and being able to run around town with some crown that only few can get and more and more about selfishness and just denying other players.

If you are right, people should have had the "dedication" or "foresight" to get to 56 when the cop was original, I mean if that crown was awesome enough, would you guys be happy if the devs just put it back to the way it was? Hmmm·······this way everyone would be happy. You guys would have the momento. And we would be happy cuz we are not missing out on a chance of having that bonus. One player said he even wore it while xping.

I don't think that should happen. At this point, that would be awful.

This idea that there is something more special about 56 than 55 or 61 than 60 is ridic. The idea that in12k I am going to be more worthy than I am now is ridic.

The idea that the 83k that someone got that brought them to 56 is so much more hardcore than the tons more than 83k that people did on other characters is also ridic. What I am trying to say the goal to get to 56 is not a "better" goal than the goals we had when we choose not to get to 56.

Can someone please tell me where the post is that Kraze mentioned above?
    With all due respect, they did not change what it was. They did drop very "subtle" hints on how there would be a COP set months before it was released. If that wasn't your cue to get one, then I don't know what is. You can't say they didn't warn you because in reality, they did. :/
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB:428045
    I've seen that post too. Your best bet in finding it back is backtracking the messages posted by the devs, or using the search function
    Thank you for replying. As I have said many, many times I can't use the search feature. Can't someone just tell us? Why try to keep the info private? I'm sure someone knows. If the devs have made a decision public, which is what Kraze seemed to be saying, then I am sure that it would be easy to say the name of the post and the actual board that it was on. Please, don't give a link, as I have also said many times, that I can't open links either. If the devs have actually come out and said this you guys must be estatic and should be thrilled to point people in right direction. What is the prob?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Default link to dev statement about vanities

Thank you for replying. As I have said many, many times I can't use the search feature. Can't someone just tell us? Why try to keep the info private? I'm sure someone knows. If the devs have made a decision public, which is what Kraze seemed to be saying, then I am sure that it would be easy to say the name of the post and the actual board that it was on. Please, don't give a link, as I have also said many times, that I can't open links either. If the devs have actually come out and said this you guys must be estatic and should be thrilled to point people in right direction. What is the prob?

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...Update-(69790)
    Chiieshatie Subclavius

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Oh sorry. if you can't use the link, just look in the patch notes section. It should be near the top.

Started by asommers‎, 09-23-2011 01:55 PM

Good luck
    Chiieshatie Subclavius

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chiie:428124
    Oh sorry. if you can't use the link, just look in the patch notes section. It should be near the top.

Started by asommers‎, 09-23-2011 01:55 PM

Good luck
    Thank you very much, chile, I appreciate your help a great deal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo:428082

With all due respect, they did not change what it was. They did drop very "subtle" hints on how there would be a COP set months before it was released. If that wasn't your cue to get one, then I don't know what is. You can't say they didn't warn you because in reality, they did. :/
    With all due respect, they did change what it was.

Following, Jaytb's suggestions, I read a whole bunch of threads that the devs made in both the "Announcement Boards" and the "In Development Boards".

I read every thread that could of possible had anything to do with the CoP, set bonuses, the expansion, level caps, etc. I opened and read every single one.

How many "subtle hints" do you think I found?

None.

Why would the devs be making "suttle hints" about this but come right out and make anouncements about EVERYTHING else that was involved in this expansion.

They didn't drop "subtle hints" about guilds being implemented, there were whole threads about that. They didn't drop hints about how plat faces gonna have stats. They came right out and announced it, no hinting around.

Btw, I looked at every thread on these two boards going back to January of this year. If there was any chance that cop could be discussed I opened and read every remark made by a dev.

One of these threads, I read every post. All 13 pages of posts. This one was on 6-24-11 the "Music, Magic and Blood" main/primary announcment of the expansion.

Guess what, no subtle hints. In fact, in addition to the main post, there were many, many other posts from devs. Not one subtle hint, not one mention in any way of cop or set bonuses, etc. However, there were 5 or 6 posts from members who said the cop wasn't worth it. And there was not one post from anyone that said the cop was worth it. This is one of the posts I read long time ago, cuz I remember some of the funny things people said.

I also read the following threads in the two boards I mentiond:

1. Edit Circus is here
    2. Advancement Curve Changes for level 61
    3. PL Guild Overview
    4. Custom Faces
    5. Poll: Elite Dungeon
    6. Update on the timeing of guild functionality

I read every thread I could find that could possible have an announcement or "subtle hint" about the cop or set bonuses. Going clear back to January of this year.

If I missed any please let me know.

Not one announcement. Not one subtle hint.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Following, Jaytb's suggestions, I read a whole bunch of threads that the devs made in both the "Announcement Boards" and the "In Development Boards".

I read every thread that could of possible had anything to do with the CoP, set bonuses, the expansion, level caps, etc. I opened and read every single one.

None.

Why would the devs be making "suttle hints" about this but come right out and make anouncements about EVERYTHING else that was involved in this expansion.

They didn't drop "subtle hints" about guilds being implemented, there were whole threads about that. They didn't drop hints about how plat faces gonna have stats. They came right out and announced it, no hinting around.

Btw, I looked at every thread on these two boards going back to January of this year. If there was any chance that cop could be discussed I opened and read every remark made by a dev.

One of these threads, I read every post. All 13 pages of posts. This one was on 6-24-11 the "Music, Magic and Blood" main/primary announcment of the expansion.

Guess what, no subtle hints. In fact, in addition to the main post, there were many, many other posts from devs. Not one subtle hint, not one mention in any way of cop or set bonuses, etc. However, there were 5 or 6 posts from members who said the cop wasn't worth it. And there was not one post from anyone that said the cop was worth it. This is one of the posts I read long time ago, cuz I remember some of the funny things people said.

1. Edit Circus is here
    3. PL Guild Overview
    4. Custom Faces

I read every thread I could find that could possible have an announcement or "subtle hint" about the cop or set bonuses. Going clear back to January of this year.

Not one announcement. Not one subtle
    Did you check the set effect thread? That was the subtle hint. When they changed the set effects for the BS Gear, they also hinted there would be COP sets. It is the main reason why I brought two level 56 characters to 56.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo:428248

None.

1. Edit Circus is here
    3. PL Guild Overview
    4. Custom Faces

Not one announcement. Not one subtle
    Did you check the set effect thread? That was the subtle hint. When they changed the set effects for the BS Gear, they also hinted there would be COP sets. It is the main reason why I brought two level 56 characters to 56.
    There is no "set effect" thread in announcements, or in development. I checked clear back to beginning of this year. Nothing with that title or close.

I checked 40 pages of general discussion and the only thing that I could find is JayTb's on 9-23 but that was the day the devs implemented and announced, lwmark's thread on level 6- onyx, crystalling and earthquake sets, Ellyidol's thread with pic of sheild that everyone hated on, lol and then I guess what you taking about, Trueplayer's thread "Best Level 60 Sets". Samhayne did post a comment on this last one (unlike any of the others) but it was a brief comment about being friendly on the forums had nothing to do with cop or set bonuses.

I've never really known devs to give subtle hints. Usually they just come out and say what they want to say.

And subtle hints isn't an anouncement, presentation of facts, or call to action.

You got to admit, that I looked a whole bunch of places. I read every word that the devs said on the subject of the expansion in the very main places they would say it.

All I saw is players who had it saying it wasn;t worth it and no one denying that. And that was on the absolute main expansion announcement.

Don't get me wrong. I am not, repeat, I am not saying it not worth it. Prob was for those who liked it. I am saying that the main ideas that people were saying that it wasn't worth it. That is what players on the forum were reading - othe main, most central thread about the expasion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

There is no "set effect" thread in announcements, or in development. I checked clear back to beginning of this year. Nothing with that title or close.

I checked 40 pages of general discussion and the only thing that I could find is JayTb's on 9-23 but that was the day the devs implemented and announced, lwmark's thread on level 6- onyx, crystalling and earthquake sets, Ellyidol's thread with pic of sheild that everyone hated on, lol and then I guess what you taking about, Trueplayer's thread "Best Level 60 Sets". Samhayne did post a comment on this last one (unlike any of the others) but it was a brief comment about being friendly on the forums had nothing to do with cop or set bonuses.

I've never really known devs to give subtle hints. Usually they just come out and say what they want to say.

And subtle hints isn't an anouncement, presentation of facts, or call to action.

You got to admit, that I looked a whole bunch of places. I read every word that the devs said on the subject of the expansion in the very main places they would say it.

All I saw is players who had it saying it wasn;t worth it and no one denying that. And that was on the absolute main expansion announcement.

Don't get me wrong. I am not, repeat, I am not saying it not worth it. Prob was for those who liked it. I am saying that the main ideas that people were saying that it wasn't worth it. That is what players on the forum were reading - othe main, most central thread about the expasion.
    Yes, but understand this. I am more than confident there was one place the dev did hint it. I remember because during the BS set craze, if I'm not mistaken. They hinted it. Later on tonight, I'll go back and check the devs post. All of them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kraze:427823
    As the post the devs put out said the elite levels would continue to get items that would make bonuses unless they add a lot more vanity slots there will be a second chance at a helm someday. The COP in it's original form wasn't that bad actually I used the Int version on my dex bir because it had higher armor than any level 60 Dex helm with dmg and hs boost
    Chile pointed me in the direction so that I could read the post you were talking about. This is just the official announcement from the other day that has gotten everyone so upset that is basically the reason this thread was started.

I was thinking you meant there was something more recent, sorry.

But according to this we are even worse off, cuz it says the more pieces we collect the better the effect. All people are asking for is a chance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Chile pointed me in the direction so that I could read the post you were talking about. This is just the official announcement from the other day that has gotten everyone so upset that is basically the reason this thread was started.

I was thinking you meant there was something more recent, sorry.

But according to this we are even worse off, cuz it says the more pieces we collect the better the effect. All people are asking for is a chance.
    It does boil down to this however. It was your choice wether you wanted to get to 56 or not. There were rumors about perks, if you wanted to heed them and be on the safe side, people got to 61 (or for the crown). It was their personal choice not to get to 56. This is like the Founder's Helm, it also gives a boost. Trust me though, I fought Alwaysdtf (61), I'm 60 with no COP set. It does not give that big of an advantage if you know what you are doing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo:428307

Yes, but understand this. I am more than confident there was one place the dev did hint it. I remember because during the BS set craze, if I'm not mistaken. They hinted it. Later on tonight, I'll go back and check the devs post. All of them.
    Thank you for helping. But, really, you are saying people shouldn't have a second chance, that denying all these people is fair because of a "subtle hint". I mean even if you find it, a subtle hint. Why wasnt it in announcements or in development or in the main threads where they talked a bout the other changes. And why does anyone care who already has it if others get a second chance. That is one of the things I don't get.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Look, Aikiebo, here's an analogy that perhaps you can understand... You had a chance to marry a girl but you chose not to. Now, she's revealed that she's actually a princess and you're complaining to anyone who will listen how unfair she was to not tell you in advance that she was a princess from the get go.

Get over it, man. You missed your shot at it.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to pastrychef For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pastrychef View Post
    Look, Aikiebo, here's an analogy that perhaps you can understand... You had a chance to marry a girl but you chose not to. Now, she's revealed that she's actually a princess and you're complaining to anyone who will listen how unfair she was to not tell you in advance that she was a princess from the get go.

Get over it, man. You missed your shot at it.
    Good analogy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default set bonus

i feel that alot still meeds to be done only a select few items can be costumized and/or give bonuses it is unfair indeed and needs fixed and to thosed who dedicated time to the game im sorry its true the items tgar were once only yours they selling to everyone so your no longer uniqe any more whats the point of haveing them now i dnt even play pl much any more because of it i play sl and that game has same problem already at least pl every can have diff armor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

As mentioned before, it's noteworthy that everyone in this thread that has complained had weeks if not months to level to 56. A simple look at their join dates indicate this. Perhaps if you joined in September, you had zero chance of getting the crown of persistence. But nobody in this thread has. I suspect that most of the complainers here have been playing for much longer and were simply too lazy to do so.