Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is it possible to play Nuri Without using elixirs as a mage or archer?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    Personal issue? Drama much? If you don't recall, I was one of the ones who eventually stuck up for you long ago during the whole booting/Big Luck thing saying it was your right, whether I liked it or not.

Having a discussion is one thing, being snide about people wearing Demonic saying "I have to constantly rez them, all they do is hang out in balefort with their expensive sets" is trolling, in my book.

Not to mention your silly statement about all staff mages/bow archers not being able to stay alive. Go play with WhoIsThis or Rosettes and they will StaffMage run rings around most other mages regardless of what they are wearing.

Save the drama for your mama.
    When Chloe is not talking about forlorn love and romantic movies, she is a pretty dang good mage, if not one of the best.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Thumbs down I've grown a lot as a person and as a player

I have to say it IS possible to do Nuri without elixirs But it's a heck of a lot more fun if you have one.
    I won about 3,000,000 dollars worth of pinks tonight, It was a good night thank you to all of those that helped me.
    And fighting is against the terms of service for spacetime studios forums so I am choosing to be an adult and take the high road. I have nothing to say on the matter.
    About 95 percent of the games I play I host myself So if telling people my own personal experience offended anybody to the point were they felt they needed to antagonize me that's most unfortunate.
    And as mentioned on a previous posts in this thread some people do hang out in the castle and that's okay it wasn't an insult.
    When you survive cancer you really don't have time to argue on forums no matter how much somebody tries to push your buttons or bring things up from 6 months ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swimmingstar View Post
    There are not many good bears around now it's like the chance of getting a glyph drop without x4 or x3 elixir although a little higher. If there isn't a good bear I reccomend using your best armor.
    Um pro tip: always use your best gear

This nonsense about having to Rez birds is overblown my poor bird gets one hit so often he should be named Peter McNeily (feel free to google it kiddos) it's part of the game and the way I play it if the bear isn't fighting to keep aggro or the Mage isn't saying "is that Leroy Jenkins?" I'm not doing enough damage.
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atlannie View Post
    Its really not that bad. Most likely it is because you are use to having the elixir which makes things rather easy. You'll adjust to it I'm sure. I remember the sewers being just as difficult at first. Especially the mobs in Catacombs.
    I agree with the tips on play in this thread. I also add that gear matters--it's like the sewers became more enjoyable when I got my mm, and then my enchanted--less a matter of keeping alive, more nuking the h out of mobs. In Nuri's, I'm noticing a great difference in my glyph set, that is, it's starting to feel more like the sewers felt like towards the end, when mobs just... dissolve.

I know that this doesn't seem to help when you're trying to put away the gold towards the set or farming and getting killed, but stay optimistic because, as the stat points add up and the gear gets better, you'd enjoy it more and more. Until then, kite more, as others have already said, stay back a bit and let the bear (if you got a good one) take aggro and control the mob, practice those combos (HUGE FAN of nature strikes and ice storm/stomp).
    Uepauke
    PL mage (66) and SL engineer (25), also Loonybird (65) in PL and others
    Alterran Royal Guard and The Farmers' Collective

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    When Chloe is not talking about forlorn love and romantic movies, she is a pretty dang good mage, if not one of the best.
    look at you being so nice! I could cry. Is this your way of keeping both your life and getting the friday slot? hahaha.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default It is still fun without using platinum!

Quote Originally Posted by modredd View Post
    I went through about 100 dollars worth of platinum and now I find that my characters die left and right when I'm doing the 5 levels of Nuri.
    I also have only seen 3 pink drops in the last 5 days it's becoming very monotonous, frustrating and not terribly fun.
    It just seems to me these levels were made a lot harder than the sewers were in comparison
    As you are all aware from 56 to 61 we are not allowed to upgrade our skills with 6 still the max even though our adversaries are harder to kill.
    You can't play to win pinks anymore because they drop so infrequently
    Is everybody else happy? Are you all having fun?
    I appreciate any constructive,positive feedback.
    I haven't used plats so far for leveling. Sometimes, with my 59 bear (it became 60 yesterday finally), I ran with only one or two players at Symphony and finished the boss. I felt challenge and accomplishment. I soloed Nuri several times. It was more fun and exciting than I played with 4x combo players. It reminds me of the days I spent ten minutes to kill the Keeper (it was so hard to beat in the beginning) with a defense pot and other players. Even with the bird, with a good control, you can lead the group if other players back you up on time. It is more fun with 2k damage elixir.
    My bear wears sewer king armor, tamer bow, and fury helm. My bird wears Glyph mimicry armor and helm and tamer bow even though I am rich lol.
    Last edited by Wonderjuice; 10-05-2011 at 09:02 AM.
    Greatjuice (61), Wonderjuice (60), MagicJuice (50), MagicJuiceII (53)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Default As stated prior it can be done

I find it easier to have a balanced team,When I'm the only mage in can get taxing.
    I also noticed with my set bonus as of last night plus the +10 armor for my 56 vanity and 61 shild my armor is much better and I am dying less.
    I think there is no doubt it can be done and we do not need to beat a dead horse.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doubletime View Post
    I think Kraze and Kelstrick are right on about what the fundimental problems seem to be with how players are playing Nuri. First, there is an "Elixer generation" coming up at the moment (I'll leave the question of whether the Elixer Gen is the next great wave since the Mynas Gen power level wave for another thread). The free daily elixer plus the ability to level increadibly fast using 4x pots has created a play style that is a little reckless and has many players feeling they are suppose to be over-powered for current levels. It has hurt team work some -- ok a lot. And it has caused many people to stop relying on fundimental strategies and game tactics that got them this far.

Second, I think this is also a direct result of Sewer campaign. In the Sewers, non-elixered groups would walk into Stronghold and have a bear pull every mob in an area into a big pile then nuke the mess out of them. It became a game of how big a pull can we make and not wipe the party. The answer was a whole freakin lot. The Devs actually had to patch the leash on mobs and how aggro was maintained on following mobs to try and stop the wholesale slaughter of these poor little bandits. In other words, the Devs thought these tactics were something of an exploit or work around for the "intended game play experience". And still we tried every last trick to try and keep doing this massive groupings and death train runs because honestly end-game toons were over-powered for typically sewer runs.

So in Nuri, I believe the Devs wanted to create a game play experience that didn't have a work around. Or at least a work around that you didn't have to pay for. These rush tactics and reckless play still work if you elixer up.

However, if you want to run with a semi-normal group you have to use fundimental game skills. Balanced parties tend to work a little better and move a little quicker. No more mass killing of mob groups. It is one group or room at a time. It develops team work. It develops balance. I think this is what the devs were going for. And I hope Mt. Fang continues with it.

My two cents...DT
    Well said.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the Symphony mobs are clustered in the way they are (5-7) and spaced out just so that if you time things right a non-potted party with a bear doing mob control leading a pack of nukers can handily clear that map.

It truly becomes a fun experience counting on each other's strengths and abilities and accomplishment in finishing a map with little or no deaths.
    AL : Blewe | Corrvus | Urrsus
    PL : Anichelith | Corrvus | Urrsus | Rrhino
    Member of Average Joes and C.O.T.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Playing with good players (like neko!) makes runs very smooth, but last night, I wanted to get my last 400xp to hit 58 on bird, and tried PUG's. Boy it was awful and ultimately I just quit. Groups wiping out, players leaving... it was not fun.
    Duped - Lvl 65 Mage
    Conanursan - Lvl 65 Bear
    Isniped - Lvl 65 Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

My 58 bear doesn't use elixirs, and only has sewer armor. I don't die easy. I know how long the stuns last, and I try to keep everything stunned. They can't hurt you if they can't move.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by modredd View Post
    As you are all aware from 56 to 61 we are not allowed to upgrade our skills with 6 still the max even though our adversaries are harder to kill.
    Most of the responses so far addressed team play, gear, survivability, etc. I wanted to respond to this one line because it is not *exactly* true.

Sure, you can't add more than 6 points to any given skill, but skill power increases. Mages, for example, see skill damage increase with increased int stat points as they level up and higher damage weapons and armor gear usually increase skill damage as well. New gear adds significantly more to stat points, which increases skill power accordingly.

Other skills that add a percent figure, such as hit, crit, and dodge cannot be increased with extra skill points, but their value actually increases in relation to the strength (meaning how powerful the character is, not referring to str stat) of your character and that of the enemies.

One skill that I would agree with you on is the blessing that adds a fixed amount of armor. 30 armor increase was proportionally much more useful at level 45 than it is at level 60.

Thems my thoughts on skills
    Last edited by Charmstrange; 10-06-2011 at 01:26 AM.
    Chiieshatie Subclavius