Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official 2011 Halloween Event Feedback Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

What will come of people posting on this thread? I've asked questions on feedback threads before and never got answers

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Will there be more bosses? 1 isn't enough. Will there be a Halloween Town? A map? Will there be str items? Halloween armor? Helms? Vanity helms, weapons, pets, armor, shields?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Every thing looks great all around PL and the decorations is awesome but the quests are short (not a lot of things to do) and easy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Well i would like to say one thing this is my first event and im very happy with the content i woulda liked the candy bags to become vanity shields since i have yet to get one of my own but im thankful to be able to participate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Content is weak, had no real substance and was easily doable. The fact that you pay plat to use the content and can't host games is lame, as is the fact that to do it over the skeleton wants 1000 gold, plat wasn't enough?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    No. If a level 60 is in the instance the boss will be scaled at that level and so will the drops.

Technically if the fight begins and the 60 joins after the beginning of the fight it may not re-scale but this would be hard to coordinate. I don't know what would happen to the drops in such a case.
    Yeah, Sam is right. A higher level can join, and the enemies will get harder to match that level, but unless the higher lvls reach the boss, the lvl is still the lower. Tried before.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

It's my first halloween, so far I like it. There isn't much to it, but its just a fun activity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Why wasn't the Witch Hat included in the Package Item that was for 20 platinums?

It was just spending 20 plats for nothing (2 rentals and a random pink; very unfair.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Personally I'm am slightly disappointed
    -no new items
    -rare antiques multiplied to be of a fraction of the value
    -plat items aren't even different from the farmed ones

-I really enjoy the actual campaign and like the trick or treat quest---maybe next year add some limited time trickortreat emote
    -also another costume, maybe for 25 plat, a shadow costume
    -thx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Cool comments
    The trick or treat emote sounds really awesome, shadow costume great idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skeletonlord View Post
    Enjoying it. One question. I brought costumes with plat. I noticed it said rental date 1st November. Do these costumes automatically get removed from my inventory on that day?
    last year it was longer than 01.11. it was around 3-4.11. it needs an update from devs, so not an autoremove
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    Have you guys considered selling those permanently for a large amount of plat? Several players are willing to pay 500 plat for the helm of inflation (lol i forgot the name) and I do believe that STS could turn around some plat by selling the costumes for 1000plat or something like that...
    LOL now that is funny!!! Little too immature for a GOA I do have to say so myself tho

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon View Post
    Personally I'm am slightly disappointed

-plat items aren't even different from the farmed ones

-thx
    Thats not true the stats are different from the plat to the drop weapons
    ok i have way too many toons to list... 35+ lets say a few Jnass 66 mage whats plat 65 bear gnass 10 bear feelingfroggy 10 bear... ill stop there usually anthing with nass in the name is me btw...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Its cool..trust me i know whats cool

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JNass View Post
    Thats not true the stats are different from the plat to the drop weapons
    screen shots or it isnt so
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

I think the Headmistress should be more difficult with a chance of some sort of drop.

Right now, she is so easy you just blow right past her without stopping. Special enemies should at least be slightly more difficult than mob ones.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

please make candy bag to vanity!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    If you are attempting to farm Smack-O-Lantern for scaled pink drops, you can use the below method that Patricks originally posted, to do so:

For those of you who feel that the Halloween content should have been changed more from 2010, please keep in mind that there have been over 4 million new accounts made in Pocket Legends since last year. We value our long term players, however there are always opportunity costs when considering what we do (if we do this, then we won't be able to do that).

Lastly, if you are un-sure as to how to go back and fight Smack-O-Lantern again, you will want to follow the trail of broken pumpkins to the Shifty Skeleton.
    what about next year? STS will bring it again all same?
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

This felt to similar to last years halloween. I do wish you implemented the craft system to this years halloween so the replay value would sky rocket. People would farm like crazy for Halloween exclusive items that could only be crafted during the event and there would be no reason not to keep playing it.
    (Yes I killed a dev)
    Don't screw with the pew! (not literally) lol
    Active Toons: MoarPewPew,Enrages,PewPewJr
    I award Pew Points.(Keep Track!)

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

There are so many things you could have done but you chose to re-release the same pinks and use dungeon designs that exist. I'm disappointed. How's about a haunted house, a corn maze, a "hay ride" of sorts. There are so many things within the Halloween theme; vampires, cob webs, zombies, warewolfs (did I spell that right?) etc. Re-using content tells me that there is nothing special about the event or items each year. The people who were there for last year have something that says I was there, something special...the people from this year should have items that say the same thing so when next year rolls around they can show off their discontinued items. It keeps people interested and keeps them coming back for more. This isn't about giving the millions of new players something less but rather about giving them something that they couldn't have bought in cs. The Halloween items are worthless to me, I can't see how their value could increase enough to make farming worth it. I envied those who were around for Halloween last year but I never wanted to be able to play for the drops they had.

I guess this sends a message to me, considering this and deal of the day 'special' events are no longer special. Valentines day, st. Patties day, pl anniversaries, christmas ... will they all just be repeats of the same decorations and items each year? How does that make anyone excited about playing the game for long periods of time?

With the release of nuris and sewers we've seen that the mobs are made up of the same characters, the items, besides pinks, are exactly the same, the pinks are just current items with some manipulations. The forest haven pinks were the only original pinks in a while. The levels are just re productions... we have nuris (a circus theme) with a forest? Swamps? Crocodiles? A mime? Not really related to the circus... how's about tight-rope walkers or the guys who get shot out of a cannon, elephants, clowns, tumblers...

What I'm trying to say, in a constructive and respectful way, is that releasing the same content over and over is wearing thin on people. We miss the creativity that we've seen in the past. I love this game, if I didn't I wouldn't have spent the past year on my cell phone 24/7, and I don't want to see this game fall by the wayside while you move on to developing new games. This is the game that has the biggest draw, that probably earns the most money, I hope that it starts to be treated as such again.

Devs, I appreciate everything you've done and please don't think otherwise, I just felt that it was time I wrote down my thoughts on where you're headed. Thanks.
    PL Anibird- Level 66 Bird Anicat- Level 65 Mage Anibear- Level 66 Bear
    SL Ani- Level 35 Operative Animeva- Level 30 Commando Anibird- Level 27 Engineer