Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Very Disappointed With This Content Update

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Acyer View Post
    Well there is a contest going on in announcement part of star legends forums named win a r.I.v.e.t. other than the rest it was a needed change I love the end boss you actually need to know how to play to beat him. It ends the disorganized groups running and may help the economy so gear is worthless a week into new stuff.
    But for plat its no different than any other game they need a way to keep the servers running and this is it.
    Was just googling around for other MMO games that offer free content...and found Runescape. I've heard of it before, but never looked at it. It's got a free "spine" or whatever people call it and you can make as many characters as you want. There is then "members" content which is like $6 a month I think...and the members stuff looks HUGE. Tons of new quests, armor, weapons, areas to explore. Not to mention they have like over100 servers...or like 20 servers with multiple things on each server? I dunno how that works...there's like 120 "worlds" and each world is linked to a country or a city? So I guess those are the servers? Either way...$6 a month for unlimited members content? Everything traded for in game gold? Seems like a better deal than $5 for a piece of armor that I can't sell back.

But the number of people who play Runescape or other big name MMO's on the computer probably far exceeds the number that play STS games, and I'm sure people have multiple member accounts, so I can see where the price difference is void.

I'm not saying make everything free. Free = no money = no more updates. I'm saying make things that you don't really need more affordable. Affordable = Appealing. Take tablets for example. No one really NEEDS an iPad. There is nothing an iPad can do that I can't do on something else. But it's a cool product at a price I can afford and is cheaper than the big name products like computers, so I'll buy one for entertainment. This same idea applies to handheld MMO's vs. big name computer MMORPG's.
    Last edited by Kahlua; 10-21-2011 at 06:42 AM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help