Thread: Thren's ENG Hybrid Build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

What you have is similar to what i use but i avoid supression. I found it useful in numa really on those annoying green roach things, but that's about it. There are too many AoE skills now that supression only seems to last a second. I know a couple engis that use it very well, targeting backs of mobs, but they keep it at a relatively low level from my experience.

I love pain, and i guess you did have a glitch when you saw it ticking. The description may seem a little misleading, with 3 other DOTs seeing "3 seconds" in the pain description had me believing it was a DOT at first. It is useful whenever u are up against tank enemies or if others enemies are specifically targeted with this skill and then another enemy is targeted for auto attack so u can get the AoE.

Good job! engis rock in my book, i love seeing how different people customize them

Edit: I don't like double posting, but if i just edit my own post, its not a double post!!! (or is it?) Anyway, here goes.....

Teamwork is essesntial for this skill to be useful, PUG or guild run. since i never know for sure how well a group is gonna work together unless i know them all and have run with them before, i stay away from this skill now. my skill set is built to allow me to tank when no coms are around while still being able to support my group and deal out some damage when there is a com to lead. unfortunately, i can't fit suppression in my build and still be able to do that, and i hate playing my com so i want to be able to tank if needed. I'll leave supression to an engi who wants to dedicate themselves to support 100%.
    Last edited by LelouchX; 11-23-2011 at 04:16 PM.
    <Infinite Union> Eyeofnewt Engi - Eyesssniper Op - LelouchX Com ~ GinFiend
    *G+ Chat For STS Community**Newt's Engi Build*